Chapter 4

King Charles sat closely by watching over Maria as she slept. He recalled the scenes last night in thought,  Laylana lost control over her own wolf which her vampire side took over to protect her mate. The vampire blood was far more worse than he anticipated. Rose received blood someone who was a noble and mighty.

He heard Maria grumble and moved in her sleep. Which she panicked and stood up in bed,  defensively. Finding out she wasn't suppose to be there in the first place.

She claimed off went she saw it was only Charles,  she survived a dragon. How bad can a werewolf be?  She thought.

She sat at bed,  legs Cross and faced King Charles when he asked her a question.

"Who's the father? " his voice was steep.

"As you expected,  the worse possibility" he looked at her in disbelief,  he knew the Queen smelled like his son that night. He knew they done it but his son didn't had a chance to mark her.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded

"Does he know?" He couldn't believe it. It just couldn't be.

"Who?"

Your husband?

"He does though he gave no harm to the child and welcomed it as his own alongside my second child Lilith." her voice filled with hate.

"I heard what happened,  after the second attack. You went back to him. You should have called me. " he mumbled.

"And bring in war to your kind?  He loathes the thought of Rose's descendants living and breathing as your daughter looks exactly like her and I hate you for looking like him! " angry and mad,  she cried and continued.

"You wouldn't welcomed me.. Even if I was human, I would bring no wealth nor a pack's name. I would give you a weak grandpup. Half werewolves have the tendency to have a hard time control their wolf. I would only be shame... "

"How much do you know about the Moonstone pack? "

"Not much,  just a bit about the curse he gave to your family. He told me so. "

Silence.

"My wife was human... " he spoke breaking the silence.

"I thought she was a werewolf?"

"You skip small facts,  Cole's mother was a daughter of an Alpha but we were only did that as tradition of each Alpha. My mate was human. Laylana's mother she was young,  beautiful and pregnant like you." Then continued.

"Till the child was ripped out from her swollen belly that night... By your husband,  the man that sleeps in your bed is a monster! " he groaned thinking about Damian.

"I know... " she whispered then tears poured down from her face.

"Please kill me. " she held his hand and placed it on her stomach.

"My child will suffer just like Laylana and me. Kill me now and the King of Vampires will perish! " staring at his eyes he saw remorse.

"I-.. I am connected to him,  I am pregnant and helpless,  I can't do that much but kill me now and your family will be free from the curse! " she offered a small smile and her face covered in tears not blood.

"If I kill you now then Calden will have your husband's throne with his wicked witch. It will much worse than dealing with Damian. " he wiped her tears and kissed her temple.

"You would've been a good daughter in law. I know you only have good intentions for my son. Do not worry, I'll keep my promise and Cole wouldn't know a thing." he sighed and stood up from his seat before he went out the door,  he told Maria that her brother in law was waiting in the living room for her to be collected.