Chapter 35

Lilith awaited her mother's arrival after sneaking out to personally gain the fae's trust in alliance. Only to meet her drenched in bloodshed with the head of a lycan at her arm, she held. She gasped and stood there in disbelief as her mother smiled with tears at her eyes.

Alpha Calden was finished, his final page was written and burned. Others who have saw the Queen were horrified to find her in such state yet she didn't care. When she was asked if she left without supervision, a snake crawled out from her sleeve. One of the Seven King's was there as her house and witness.

"Lilith, let's go give your brother an early birthday gift. " she spoke coolly and soft like velvet. Her heart felt light and calm like pouring spill red on the sky. Ready to be engulfed by purples, blues and black layer at night. The young princess nodded and sang a song with her mother. The song her mother made when Avery died was an enchanted one, it creates a portal directly to his grave. Only she and Lilith knew how to went there.

It was their little haven, somewhere no one knew but them. Maria gently placed the head  at the feet in front of where Avery rest, along side the other heads of traitorous Alphas she offered. She had fulfilled her promise to her son, that she will seek revenge. No matter the cost she had to face. More tears pour down from her face, with Damian hating her. Avery might never woke up from his sleep as only her beloved cruel king knew how to make the cure.

"Their deaths and heads could never bring your brother back, but... They'll never hurt anyone anymore like how they hurt me. " Lilith hold her Mother's arm and had her hand touched her chest.

"I will always be there for you Mama, I promise. " she kindly smiled as she later wiped her tears and Maria kissed her cheek.

She didn't felt calm or regal anymore as she broke down in tears. Wailing and grieving at her pain with her daughter embracing her poor mother. She grieved at her son, her daughter and herself. For years she longed to be free from suffering, traumatic memories and experiences that she wished never happened to her. It was all too much to take in. She survived all of those, only not to be satisfied. She was confused, scared and desperate to know what she clearly wanted.

Rumors spread like fire, the death of the Rouge King, killed by the Queen of Roses.

When word came to King Charles door, he welcomed the victory as mourning. He had hated his brother's wrong doings but before all of that, he loved his brother so much that he pardoned and abandoned him. If he helped and kept Calden safe then other packs would raid and kill his brother. Endangering himself with his family as well. Calden was still his own flesh and blood, he was his brother.

He never really noticed that his father adored him more than Calden. He first thought it was Calden, yet as they both grew into adulthood. He noticed that Calden was more distant towards sharing his own feelings and dreams towards Charles. If only he could had given his brother some advice or talked it out with their father. Perhaps, Calden would never turned his back against them.

He received message that a giant wooden box and another smaller one, was sent to him by one of the Seven Kings. It had a note attached to it.

'The slain traitorous King of Rouges, headless and dead. Wished to be buried at his ancestral lands. His final words to the merciful Queen of Roses. " At the bottom of the letter, a stamped symbol from Damian's Uncle bear to honor the death and punishment.

He fell on his knees as he wept, his men didn't knew what was inside as they couldn't smell anything. Yet somehow they knew by their King's reaction. It was buried immediately at the outskirts of the pack. He couldn't had his brother with his parents tombstone, since his father was prohibited it. It was the only space he could honor his brother's final resting place with his wife. As his own brother died as a rouge, he somehow blamed himself for Calden's death.

Supposedly they were to continue building and strengthening alliances yet was halted when both grieved. Laylana never got to see Maria for days as the Queen asked for space and time. She knew too well now not to interfere when Maria is at her lowest moments. She wanted to help but she knows Maria needs space as well. The witness boostfully shared stories of how the Queen slayed the King of Rouges.

Laylana still felt bad, it was her uncle. Even if she never really made a connection or met him, he was still a part of her family. The castle had a feast and celebration, hosted by Basile and Atticus forced to look like Maria to attend the party. The poor physician had to dress up as a girl and sit quietly at his chair. Entertaining the guests, it would be wrong for the Queen not to attend a party she had caused. No one knew where the King was st the moment but it gave them a bit of peace without Damian throwing another tantrum. The real Maria was at her room, clutching her Avery's toy and her swollen belly in hopes of a brighter future than her predicted death. Alpha Calden had mentioned that one of her people was a spy. She didn't knew who but she felt devastated about that.

She was going to die.

If she was destined to die, then she'll first finished what Damian started.