Chapter 31

"Maria, I don't think you're ready to see her. " said Laylana in a worried face.

"I'm more excited to see what Damian did to her to have her shriek like that. " Maria's smirk only grew wider.

"I think Laylana is right Maria, you're emotionally a wreck right now. Your other eye is crying for fucks sake. " said Basile as Lilith was left at Atticus watch.

"I can multitask, I wanna see that whore! " Maria cursed as she climbed down the stairs and floated down after ten steps. It was the depths of the deepest, no way she would be walking that.

A guard was placed at the cell, which was new.

"Who comes to see the prisoner?" the guard was a giant toad with huge yellow eyes and rough green skin.

"The Queen wishes to see her tragic sista! " Maria chuckled in a negative aura and the cell opened a window, enough for them to see.

An ugly creature growled and surprise them at sight, Maria only laughed as Laylana yelped.

"Adeena, Adeena, my my how beautiful you have become. Your godly looks can never be surpassed by anyone." Maria mocked at the once beautiful and powerful witch.

"Laughed all you want Sista! Next time, it will be you to suffer at Damian's rage! We will all die Maria! You, me, Damian, your pathetic seer, my lover, King Charles and more! Do you think I came here for nothing, you Dick stealing wrench! I have seen it all!"

"I'm not that stupid Adeena, I knew you were up too something. Dead or not, I rather see you rot away in this godamn cell! I will lose more than what you had see but I will succeed at making Damian's life a living hell!  You had my daughter dead, If only you kept your mouth shut!" Maria screamed as the mirrors inside Adeena's room cracked up and its broken pieces hit Adeena's wounded skin.

"You fucking bitch!!!" Adeena shrieked in pain.

"Thank goodness Philip gave me your instagram account's password. I wonder how your lovers would see you covered in scars. You stormed off here, causing havoc.
Lemme guess when Damian finds out, I'm expecting the worse?" Maria rose her brow as Laylana wanted to leave the place immediately.

"I plan for success, I always get what I want.
If I can't have him then neither can you or anyone else. I will always be the most beautiful woman in his life! "

"That is where you are wrong, he never care for you or me... It was all for Xuehua, you gave away everything for a man who never loved you. Is this suffering worth it?" Maria asked with sincere words and pity. Her anger faded into sorrow and disappointment. Adeena had loved Damian for thousands of years. The witch admired and stayed at her husband's side that her only shame was not giving him a son. Unknowing she could never carry one with Damian's curse.

"He was never there for us, in his eyes only Xuehua is the most beautiful cherished and lovely wife he could never possessed." Maria's voice was dull and cold yet it speaks the truth, Adeena's smile of terror disappeared from her face as she cried. Turning away from the window and tucked into a ball.

The window closed and the giant toad blocked the cell again.

"Maria, you really put yourself in danger right now." Basile whispered behind her.

"It would seem so, Basile I think I need another contract with you."

"Is sex involved?" The lusty king smirked as Laylana's eyes widen. Though the wolf princess was in deep worry about her father's name being mentioned.

"No, but I will make you the King of the Night." Said Maria with a proud smile.

As Maria had her own plans to do, King Charles has as well. Though both had been mourning as well. The old wolf didn't knew how to react, he knew how his son and Rieka trusted Maria so well. To have another family member die was devastating and shocking. He can't even imagine how dreadful it would be for Maria. Charles almost lost Laylana as a babe, he felt so dead and guilty as his own daughter's closed death.

It tormented him, unable to be with his wife's side that evening, his daughter being stolen away. It was his daughter's life that gave him hope to carry on. The little princess death reminded him of that and now he was mourning over his possible grandchild. If Cole knew about this, his son would be heart broken and overwhelmed by grief.

Working on building new profound alliances was tricky, he had to convince other kingdoms and beings of new strengthen ties and relationships. He didn't planned on forcing Cole to marry to build one, Maria would be give off a full blown rage!

However he did got news about Damian's old wife possessing Maria and then later passing on. He wasn't sure if it was true or not since he hadn't heard anything to contradict it. Today he received a letter from Maria, at her letter it stated that whatever may happen to her. She will give his family full consent and protection for her son to be raised by the Anderson's after the child was born. She also had mentioned on her plan by reforging from Damian's unsatisfied neighboring kingdoms as her own pawns. In hopes to make her brother in law the new King of the Night.

Lastly, a photograph of a small baby girl. Dressed in a link pink Lacy dress. If the child was alive it would have the most rosy cheeks he could ever see. But...

Remembering the lusty King, Charles thought that the King was more easier to handle than his elder brother, Damian. He worked day and night, making plans, tributes and gifts to offer for their guests and possible friends. Cole had noticed his father's hard working efforts and the castle was busy and packed everyday with nobles,  influential people and messengers for the past week. His father has mention of expanding their resources, power, wealth and trading.

He didn't quite understood his father's rush but he did knew it was an advantage since the scandal arise from the Vampire Kingdom. King Damian has transformed and married a human, Maria. She was a human!

A human, a being looked down upon by many of supernatural and powerful beings like them. Though wolves and others were welcoming, others were obsessed with power and control.

Now it matched up with Laylana's past stories of being friends with a human but he couldn't help but feel that she was hiding something. He heard that the child wasn't Damian's and was from her lover but not King Basile. He shouldn't mingle or poke his nose at others business but he wondered why she would looked at him at great sadness. Those eyes he couldn't forget, they were pleading and full of guilt.

As an Alpha, he was packed with duties and responsibilities to do at his land and people. Now as Prince, it was triple work or more from the past. His father was strict, wise and cold to him sometimes, building him as a man to lead. Though he felt the difference between how his father treated him with Laylana, it was more gentle, tender and easy for her. He knew Laylana was special but he wanted to be valued as well. Deep down, Cole was certain his father loved and cared for him but he usually felt alone.

He was heavily stressed, now that he was Prince a lot would line up at his door or peaked at the windows to spy at the young Prince. Young women and even old single ladies would flock everywhere in hopes to be the next Queen.

"Hey Josh, I'll be running out for some errands. " said Cole as he changed into more of a casual wear. A black hoodie and jeans,  paired with brown leather boots.

"Everything's at your desk, my good Prince. " his Beta smirked.

"It's the new definition of 'I need some fresh air!' There are paparazzi everywhere."

"Yeah, they're pretty nosy, even the guards are being paid to take photos of you. " his Beta laugh.

"Well make it stop by the time I get back here or I'll put out a new extended version of their daily patrols. " the young wolf said with a stern voice as he put on a pair of sunglasses.