Chapter 42

The party welcomed everyone to attend the King and Queen's wedding anniversary. There had been a few discussions and rumors about the king naming an heir as well. All were eager and curious over the future prince. It was easy enough to know that the sleeping prince would be awoken and be named heir.

No one had seen the child and the monarchs wished to welcome the new child of King Damian Vernengo.

Maria felt sick and disoriented as she sat at her seat beside Damian's, she hadn't seen Damian made an appearance yet. Her little throne had stairs for her to take, she was thankful at that. At least her feet would dangle at height.

Though she was surprised to find him wearing a blue suit. He had his coat at his shoulders and it looked incredibly stunning on him. The way the color of different hies of dark blue velvet complimented him was godly handsome. The Vernengo family had be known to be dressed in Red for centuries, she wondered why he chose to wear blue for tonight.

 It is a well known fact that Damian was an attractive man,  as she fancied him this evening

It is a well known fact that Damian was an attractive man,  as she fancied him this evening. Her other half wasn't pleased on seeing him, as her hand was hidden at her pocket. Holding and feeling the moonstone's smooth cut.

She wondered if Czarina had already arrived hours ago at where Cole was in placed. She heard from her servants that the prince was taking more of a tour on the place nearby. Yet she knew deep down that he was worried about her and decided to stay for the time being, closer yet still so far away.

"Are you enjoying my Queen? " the King asked as he sat at his throne while the guests danced, eat, chatted and had their merry ways. Leaving gifts for the new born son and for the sleeping Prince's awakening.

"I am. "

"You seem nervous. " gesturing to her hand at her pocket.

"There are a lot of guests." quickly removing her hand from her pocket as Sigmund, her loyal dog transformed into a small puppy and jumped at her lap.

"It is alright, though may I ask for a dance? " he offered out his hand. Her body was still aching in pain, in need to be feed and properly taken care off. Yet she was so stressed up, that she couldn't rest or feed normally. Still it was compulsory to say yes to everything the kings asks her to do.

"Yes, My King. " she lightly placed her hand at his as he take her away on the middle of the dance floor. As soon as they walked upon the center of the room, their old song of voes played. Old memories came rushing at her head, the thrill, the way he spins her on the marbled floor as he held her close. She was so confused if she was tearing up in glee or mourning at those memories. She remembered how much Avery loved that song, back when she thought everything would be okay.

Everyone was staring at them and she grew more nervous at the minute. It was almost time for Damian to welcome the young princes. She never gave the vial and gave it to Basile for safe keeping. She saw him giving her a reassuring smile as he had Lilith on his side watching them dance.