Chapter 33

Back at the castle, Cole couldn't felt his own feet walking on the floor as each step grew closer at his father's doorstep. He could hear  his father and Rieka making advance planning and foreseeking some events where they had potential opportunity withing their alliance making.

He didn't knocked but only opened the door, his father would be mad at his behaviour but noticed his son's disoriented walking.

"Cole, are you okay? " his dad asked as Cole covered his face and later his hands run at his hair as he exhaled.

"You knew didn't you? " he asked.

"Knew what about son? " his father asked in return.

"Not only you but Rieka, Josh and Laylana as well. All of you knew that Maria is my mate. " his voice was filled with pain and bittersweet confusion. His father didn't made it long and soon explained to him why Maria did that. Hiding the truth away from him, she feared that Damian would harm him. Later King Charles opened up to Cole about Maria's current situation. Handling over a picture of a new born baby girl that perished before breathing life.

The Prince was shocked,  he wasn't sure to accept that he already had his mate pregnant and with children!??  His father was sure that the father was Cole and they had done it the night Adeena raided at their pack. Soon after he shared the Queen's planned of overthrowing her husband, uprising a revolution and war against the King.

The Prince was overcome with grief, to hear upon his daughter's death, a child he would never have the chance to introduced himself. This made his blood boiled in anger and desperation to see Maria right away. He knew he couldn't stay that long mad towards her good intentions and she greatly suffered because of it. Mixed emotions came running at his veins as he couldn't remember anything about her and the days they have spent together was a blur at his mind.

Rieka and Josh greatly apologized to their Alpha, since a superior has commanded them over. They couldn't go against Maria's wishes, for days he tried to puzzle out more and listened to what his cousin had to say about the time he shared with Maria at the past. He felt bad when he heard that he did choked her once out in madness when Maria helped Laylana escaped their pack's walls. If Laylana did got harmed by that, he would have his father's scolding and cold treatment for years.

Cole did reached out to his sister, asking Laylana more about Maria and to keep it as a secret till the war is over. The princess knew she could trusted her brother, she just feared how Maria would dread over if anything happens to Cole upon knowing the truth. Now they were lying to Maria towards helping Cole recover his memories.

Laylana did somehow convinced Maria to welcome a few of the Anderson's as guests. Perhaps a small conversation with tea time would reduced her friend's stressed and dreaded looks. The Queen had sent out secret letters and was raising a campaign of supporters. She had gathered a few, those who were pleased with her food nature and rule, adored her. They were also helping her attract more supporters under King Basile's grace and name. Even if Basile can be a lousy leader, as long as it was somehow managed by Maria and his wife then it is a great deal for them. Especially those who didn't had much power or influence over the court.

Within the seven Kings within the Court, Maria had two supporters. One was Basile the other was Damian's uncle just wanting to have fun. While the others didn't really cared, or it didn't really affected their dominance and rule over certain matters.

She knew that the Fae kingdom would have eyes and ears all over the place. Building an alliance with them would be great, she did take note from King Charles that it was hard to convince the Fae Queen and King to visit them. So Maria had planned on sticking out the palace for awhile with Damian's Uncle as her guardian. As foolish and lazy the King beside her was. A group of large rouge werewolves appeared on the tracks and had her kidnapped. Though she was more willing to comply at their orders,  leaving Damian's uncle to wait for her.

It was time to pay Alpha Calden a visit as well...