Chapter 48

"Hi Avery... I'm Cole, you're one hungry baby aren't ya? " Cole offered a smile as the baby stopped drinking his milk and laughed. Carefully turning Avery to face his chest as he patted the small child's back for the baby to burp. He later held the child as Atticus take over a needle for a small dose of blood from Avery. Cole made sure he was looking at Avery and making soft funny faces. Distracting the child as Atticus did his job. Cleaning the small site where he just took blood.

"You are one tough baby Avery! " he cooed as the baby smiled then later looked at his surroundings and at Atticus shoes.

"Sneek!! " said Avery while raising his arms and stretching his little legs. It's been awhile since he moved, Atticus had to help him stretch out before feeding as his joints was stiff.

"That's right. It's little snake." Atticus chuckled as he grabbed a small plastic from his pocket and gave Avery a new pair of shoelaces. The little boy jumped up and down at Cole's lap as he began to untangled the ties.

"We can get you a real one bud, do you want a real snake? "

"Oh my god, no no no. Maria wouldn't liked that idea." said Atticus in panic.

"Sneekkk ekk shhhh hisss" said Avery as Cole laughed and looked over to Maria's side. With the little vial of blood they had from Avery, Atticus lifted Maria's head and dripped the blood slowly at her lips. Gently putting her head down when it was done.

"It'll take awhile but it'll be enough to sustain her for a few days. Cole why don't you hand Avery to me and I'll give the little fellow a bath. "

"Sure, I'll see you later Avery. " he spoke as the child clinged over to Atticus arms immediately.

"Lego! Li goh! " the child exclaimed as he heard the word bath from Atticus' words. Everyone at the room couldn't understand what he was saying except for Lilith, Basile,  Rieka and Atticus.

"He's saying he likes bath time. " Lilith smiled as she proposed to pick Avery's clothes.

"Mama would have his clothes stored at Uncle Atticus' place, Aunt Laylana can you come with me? Mama needs clothes as well" Gesturing to Maria wearing one of Rieka's maternity dress covered in a bit of blood.

"Mind if I come along? " asked Rieka which Lilith agreed though Charles wouldn't let them go without a few guards.

"Ummm yeah, Cole... " she called her brother as he came to collect Talvir from her hold. The baby was still asleep, he was a baby alright. Crying every day and night, sometimes he thought that there may be a problem with his son. Though Atticus assured him that the baby was fine. As soon as be got informed and find out the truth about Maria, he immediately tried to retrieve his memories back and studied a bit about baby books. He wasn't a pro about it, Talvir was his first baby, well son to take care too and now with Avery as well. Lilith wasn't a baby anymore and was well behaved, thank goodness she was. He was the only one left at Maria's side again as Basile gave them both some space.

He was always excited to have a son though he didn't thought it would be too soon or being unprepared that night with Maria. They both got lost in emotions and when cuckoo at the moment.

Talvir began to cry softly. He knows he couldn't smell any sign of wetness nor see any sight of discomfort. He washed one of his hand from the bathroom near Maria's room and dried it with a towel. Placing his little finger at Talvir's lower lip to check if the baby was hungry. The baby somehow sounded like he was giving approval noises and opened his mouth as he grabbed one of the prepared bottles and gave it to Talvir.

The baby began to roam his little hand at his father's chest. His little face gave off an uncomfortable turn as he whine again.

"Looking for your mother's breast's again. " Cole chuckled and sighed. He knew it was dangerous to hand Talvir or let the baby close to Maria. She couldn't control her hunger well though she was feeded awhile ago. Perhaps it was safe. Making a small space it between Maria's arm as he gently laid the baby near her chest. The baby stopped crying and later tried to find his mother's nipple but couldn't as he was too far away. So Cole gave him the bottle back and the baby drank his milk peacefully.