Chapter 21

COLE'S POV

It was quite strange to find a person staring at you like they known you all of your life. That was for me, on how she looked at me with her eyes in mourn and longing. Her eyes told me a lot of untold secrets, secrets I didn't knew as she couldn't get her eyes torn away from me.

Perhaps the Queen was interested at me, I had the looks and fame. I was know well known as the Prince of Wolves and Alpha of Moonstone, she might have wanted me at her collection of men sleeping at her bed.

No doubt everyone knew how she gained power after she left her husband two years ago after their son died, she slept with her brother in law and other multiple partners I didn't bother to know. Yet those eyes called out to me as if it was asking and pleading to be saved, it wasn't normally the lustful eyes women would gave me. I could he wrong as well, perhaps it was her tactics or strategy.

As I lay in my bed changed and ready to rest I felt her aura walked by my door or she was just awfully noisy with tiny pigs at her hands. One got off and she was noisy about Laylana to open the door, I didn't knew they were close?  Or are they not?

It almost took half an hour of ruckus until it was silent and I felt a tear slipping through my eyes and feeling her aura standing infront of my door. She had no scent?  Or it was faint, like it was dry leaves but that can't be right.  They said the Queen smelled like mangoes or maybe she's just covering her scent well whatever it was, it was weird enough to know that she was staring at my door.

When she was gone I felt lonely like a part of me felt lonely yet when I touched the pendant on my chest it calms me down. It always felt warm and sunny as it was. One thing that is strange is that I can't recall how I got it and why do I like wearing it the most. My wolf Randy said the necklace was made and adored with an adoration of love making it a protective charm yet from who? 

A sun?  Why a sun, I always asked myself of that when I came to think of it. I am a wolf, it should have been a moon for we adorned the night so much. Feeling tired and zoning out, I have succumbed to a peaceful sleep as I dreamt of a girl who was always on my mind. It was her my mate, she was singing me a lovely song which she wrote just for me. Where is she though? Never would I remember her face when I woke up but only her distancing voice singing our song would be last remembered.

Morning had came in too fast as my father has called me on to join the tea party outside as the other nobles with their attendees enjoying the gardens.

"Where are the King and Queen of Vampires? " a noble asked.

"They're Vampires!  They don't like the sun too much and the Queen must be tired. Give the lass a break before she pops! " another noble yelled all drunk and merrily laughing with his beautiful servant at his lap.

"I agree with my friend but it is disrespectful to skip out the fun. " one of the ladies whispered and giggled as her smile quickly disappeared when the King of Vampires did arrived.

"King Vernengo!  How pleasant it is for you to join us dear brother! " the King of Lust stood up and gobbled up his drink before going in for a quick embrace.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, the Queen was feeling unwell. "

Everyone nodded, another child will be blessed with extraordinary powers. It was hard for vampires to bred though perhaps a young Queen was suitable but it wasn't, it was because of her genetics. No one really knew that she wasn't completely a true noble vampire or an illegitimate child but rather transformed and rebirth as the monster that haunts as night.

My father and King Damian didn't talked much as they avoided all together only the Queen was used for both of them to communicate though I found my father and the Queen's connection of friendship quite suspicious.