Chapter 38

"You are wearing your wearing dress? " he asked in surprise.

"To remind you of our wedding vows. " she answered and ate the meal being prepared.

"I-i.. "He stuttered, unable to find words to as a comeback.

"You did said, to surprise you. We act as husband and wife, that's how things are." She replied blankly without deep thought.

He remained silent, for he later found himself and Maria doing paperwork at his study room. He tried to ignore the awkward silence of the room. Looking at his clock and back at Maria to tap his pen.

"Maria, I can do your work for today. Take some rest. " he offered. She quickly agreed and thanked him. Leaving him alone all by himself. The Queen marched at her room immediately and took a couple of breathes. She was cautious at her surroundings that maybe Damian will have another tantrum. Calling Czarina out as they'll discuss a plan to gain the fae support. When the Queen of Lust came, she saw Maria in distress. Supportive and nurturing her nature was, Maria quickly felt at ease and trusted her sister in law more than she could from her husband.

It was Czarina who first welcomed her in the kingdom when she was new. They quickly became friends or more of a mother and daughter relationship. She asked Czarina to carry and fled with her child to the house of Wolves after a party would be held in the child's honor. Her friend and great advisor agreed and thanked her for her trust.

Later Maria got the chance to talked with Laylana at mid-day for lunch.

"It got me confused at first, why does Lilith age faster than me? I'm a hybrid and umm.. " the princess blurted out and laughed after long silences in between their conversation.

"Time goes faster in Basile's domain than here in the human realm. I couldn't even bring myself to carry a sword at two years time at Basile's kingdom. " she replied and took another bite at her noodles.

"How long exactly have you've been with Basile?" Asked Laylana while being eyeful to Maria's diet of consisted handmade noodles at the palace.

"More than 10 years, I like to count it by minutes in the human realm. Keeping touch with my family as well. "

"10 years!? " she gasped.

"Today is the same as yesterday,  today and the next day. For us immortals, nothing changes. "

"Still it's been long Maria! " Laylana continued to cheerfully talked with Maria yet the Queen later dismissed her and took another round of sleeping in tears.she was still mourning. Alpha Calden may be dead but so was her poor daughter.

Act as husband and wife, that's how things are meant to be.

She cursed his name a million times at her thoughts. Falling deep down inside her own oblivion of despair and guilt. Her senses came back to her as she felt a faint kick. Remembering that she still has one of her child within her. She needs to remain in top shape and well for a strong and healthy babe. She had constant check-ups from Atticus. He suggested that he was positive enough to tell her that there was a high chance, another baby boy would be born. She smiled at the thought and had herself thinking of a great name. It never really occured to her that much, loosing the other twin really took a toll at her. Especially living with Damian was purely hell. She knew deep down, she wanted Cole to be a part of it but taking away his memories...  It would be better if he didn't knew. Amato, means beloved and she quickly wrote that off as the child's second name. She did asked a couple of names from Laylana and Lilith but she wasn't hooked with the names they gave out. Her daughter gave her heroic names and Laylana gave her names of famous male lead singers at rock'n'roll bands. Reaching out to Rieka in hopes of hearing a few suggestions.