Chapter 24

After Laylana's wedding and hot night spent with her husband. She found herself making friends with Lilith, the princess handed her over a few pills when the girl found her crying at the library. Lilith thought she was sad but she was quite happy and she cried in bliss.

"What are the pills for?" She asked.

"It is what mother takes when she is in pain and utter sadness. "

"So it's like happy pills? "

"I think so, Father said she shouldn't be taking too much but she used to take it regularly. She still grieves and weeps for my elder brother. " the princess shared out.

"Well I don't think your mother will be needing it more now that I'm gonna be with her in a few days eh. " Laylana nervously smiled.

"I believe so. " the young girl spoke with a small smile as they enjoyed their day while some of Laylana's things were already being packed already ahead of days time.

Meanwhile at the other side of the world, Maria smiled to herself, 'peace,  finally a bit of peace. ' had come for her and Damian. They hadn't fight one but when they were away from the kingdom. Away from all of the commotion and chaos power has stressed them both. It was exciting to see Damian engaged in physical activities like playing volleyball and basket ball with her family. He didn't knew at first but magic and mischief has it's way. He was quite a cheater about it.

It was perfect she thought, Damian was laughing alongside with her telling her his experience with her family. He was quite entertained with her uncles, daring him to a drinking contest with them. For Damian, alcohol wasn't that much of a deal though he did feel tingly. It wasn't that bad. Everyone passed out early morning with her last uncle to have a face to face with Damian threw up his meals at early five in the morning. She laughed at that memory as Damian kissed her temple. What sweet bliss she was in, she may no longer love Damian the way she used to, but she still cares about him deeply.

Strolling back the halls of the place he named her his Queen, they were both happy. Damian promised her, no hard will come to the werewolf kingdom especially to Laylana. Though she doubted that. As they headed down the throne room, their smiles disappeared.

Wild fiery hair, pale moonlight skin with a devious smile greeted them alongside the court who was there unexpectedly. They were caught off guard with all of the jokes and laughing they were talking about earlier, they hadn't notice.

"Hello, Husband of mine! I see you have sista with ya. " Adeena smirked as she gladly sat at Damian's throne as his blood boiled in fury. Maria then held on to Damian's arm and wrapped around her growing belly protectively.

"King Damian, you dare to deceive us! " one of the kings in the court yelled in frustration and madness. As soon another one cried out his anger and ranted.

"A human!  Not a vampire, how dare you disgraced our kind! "

"Madame Veronica has pledged guilty! Queen Maria is nothing more but a scamming whore! " another screamed as soon everyone was ranting, cursing and glaring at Maria. Adeena grinned wickedly in laughter as Damian choked her out with great speed and strength he slammed her neck and body to the floor.

"Take that wrench away! She is the reason why my first born was poisoned to sleep! " he commanded his people as the guards took Adeena away to the depths of the deepest dungeons. As for Maria she was shivering,  worried for the child's safety within her. Not again, how she begged. Just not again, she couldn't do it all over again. For once she and Damian had peace after all of those longing and aching years.

The court continued to rave out their enraged irritation and disappointment as Damian tried to reason with them. The king could see the worry and fear in his Queen's eyes that he had Philip to take her to their room at once.

After hours of chaos and havoc in the throne room, a devasting predicament followed. More than half of Damian's alliances broken up with him, declaring total separation. Because of Adeena he had them, she had a good name and reputation as a bitch she was. Now that she revealed the truth to the court, he was left undoubtedly weak. Weaker than his father, a disgraceful king he would be remembered by his lineage.

His lust for power was wavering and decreasing his control over the others. He would surely lose his title as King if the Night if this continues. He wanted to show his dominance, his power, his might and authority but to who and where? Then he remembers his lowly pathetic beautiful wife, she made him weak.

In his fury, he stormed immediately to find Maria crying in bed while clutching her belly. Her hair was all over face and her lips quiver in fear of her husband's wrath.

Seeing her fear, he thought, 'I am a pureblooded Vampire seduced and used by a weak mortal! How dare she, she made me weak! " he spatted at his mind. Grabbing Maria by the hand and dragging her out of the bed. Verbally cursing her about how she was a disappointment and a wreck to his eyes.

Venting out his anger and fears to his wife, all vulnerable and open to his words and hits. He slapped Maria five times for the past hour, holding out her face in anger as she tried to removed herself from him. This only infuriate him more.

"Stop it Damian, I am your wife not your punching bag! " she screamed in pain and heartache.

"You are nothing more but a whoring piece of shit that is utterly worthless and disgusting! " he cursed as he threw Maria to the door. Knocking the pregnant woman down. Maria lost consciousness for awhile before she shrieked in pain and terror. There was blood running down to her thighs.

Damian's eyes widen, his boiling blood of rage began to cool down. The poor pregnant woman called for help as Basile's wife rushed to came to her side glaring at Damian. Another healer or doctor besides Atticus was called in shortly in hopes to save the child from it's miserable I'll fated death. They gave Maria a tonic to drink for a safe and easy delivery yet she doesn't believe it will help the child. A few of the court was present to watch her give birth to ensure if it was a girl or a boy. It wasn't Damian comforting her with reassurance or sweet words but Basile and his wife. She cried and screamed at her pain and worry that she passed out right after the baby got out. Much to her dismay she never heard a single cry from her beloved child as her vision when blurry and black.

"The queen has given birth to a girl, my lords. " the doctor voiced out then continued.

"But she still bears another healthy child within her. Therefore she cannot be punished yet, even if she is human I don't not think it is normal for her to even survive the transformation if she was completely one." The healer voiced out.

"Twins?!" Basile asked as he already knew the other details.

"Yes, but sadly I do not the Queen will be happy to know she had delivered to a sleeping princess. "

************
Advance Merry Christmas y'all as my Christmas gift to all of my readers, behold 3 chapters to be given hehehe 😉.