Chapter 37

The next day arrived and Maria went back to her husband's room. It's been more than a week and the knew both of them hadn't feed from each other. She could feed from Basile but she promised Damian that she will only feed from him. She has to make amends in honoring her words, if not then she would have no honor on herself.

Same Damian, same manner, still lying on his broken bed. Laying sideways with his loosen and wrinkled dress shirt. His bare and tall white feet had a few scars, unable to fully heal for he was unfeed. Today she wore a perfume, peaches. Just like Xuehua's scent would be, wearing the rose hairpin from last night's gifts. She wore a bright orange dress, native from her homeland. It had butterfly large sleeves with it's skirt hand painted with a large white flower and two banana leaves.

A gift she had received from her mother when they past visited at the resort

A gift she had received from her mother when they past visited at the resort. Approaching his bed as she sat at a clear spot behind his back.

"Damian, you need to feed. "

"Leave me alone. "

"I am hungry, I need to feed as well.

"I said leave me alone! " he shouted.

"Will you give me permission to feed from Basile? " she asked.

"Name your lover again and I'll rip you apart! " his voice echoed in fury as he rose from his ved and Maria immediately walked away from him in a distance. Her hands wrapped protectively from her belly.

"He is not my lover. " she answered.

"Of course, si si si. " he chuckled as he licked his lips and sat down at his bed then continued to speak.

"It is your beloveds. My God, how much you want me to suffer for killing your precious daughter. " he laughed.

"We both have suffered long enough! I gave you another chance and you blew it! See this at this view. If Xuehua and your son survived as you perished away. Who do you think would her help her feed from blood to feed your son. She would had suffered and died months before the pregnancy, unable to satisfy your son's cravings. "

"Do not involved Xuehua at this matter! " he growled with smoke flaring at his nostrils as he tried to held back his fury.

"She is your beloved and I have mine! I bear his child within me!  What do you think I feel sleeping and living with a man! " her voice filled with anger, loud and anguished.

"Whose heart... Was never mine. " Maria felt defeated, unable to sustain her own needs as a vampire.

"Don't you think I found out you were lying to me about Xuehua possessing you. " his voice was stern and dead.

"That woman is long dead! My daughter is dead. You imprisoned me here, forced me to be your wife. Touched and manipulated me without consent. In hopes I'll be your dead wife! " she screamed at the end of her lines as Damian choked her. Slamming her small frame to the wall at great speed his held her neck high above the ground. Squeezing it mortifyingly.

His face went in closer at her neck, inhaling her sweet scent.

"Peaches... and mangoes. They are both lovely, you want to feed me and in return you'll feed from me? " he chuckled and drops Maria down as the vampire coughed.

"Let's make a deal then, you can only feed from me as long as you continue to dress up as Xuehua. "

"You are sick! " Maria grunted and coughed as Damian dragged her into his bed.

"If you don't accept my terms, I don't mind tearing this child out of you personally. " he wickedly smile and kissed her cheek as tears pour down from her dark brown eyes. His hand roughly hold her chin and raised it as his fangs grew longer and bit hard at Maria's neck. She gasped from the pain as she squirmed underneath him. He had no plans to be gentle or being nice to her today. After feeding, he immediately adjusted to loosed up the collar at his sleeve that Maria was weakfully laying in bed unable to move.

"You better hurry up and move or else I would no longer feed you. " he murmured and checked her pulse. Much slower and quieter than a vampire's should.

He let out a curse as he instead bit at his wrist and suck away his own blood and feed it orally to Maria. He couldn't feel her move her lips as her breathing became more slower. He was stupid enough to harm and drink much blood from a hungry pregnant vampire. Everyone knew how fragile pregnant vampires can get! Panicking he carrying her to the tub as he filled it with warm water and cut himself to bled inside the tub. Later to feed her more as she slowly take more blood. As she still lay unconscious, he stared at her resting form at the tub of red water due to his blood. She had her hair braided and pinned as a bun at the back of her head. At it's side, the golden rose hairpin glimmered.

It was customary for a wife of a Vernengo to wear anything their husband's offered them as gifts. Her lips used to be pale slowly give off a healthy rosy color later. As for the bruises on her neck from the struggling earlier gradually disappeared. She smelt much better than Xuehua's peach scented skin. Mangoes and peaches when well together combined, it was now his new favorite. He wouldn't admit that Maria as he touched her belly. He feel an energetic little kick. Blood tears pour from his eyes, he had missed feeling this kind of emotion and events. In his mind, he could recall the first time he had place his head at Xuehua's belly. It was an emotional moment for him but look at what he had done again. Maria almost died from hunger and blood loss. How he laughed at the past when he boostfully claimed the child as his.

The woman regained her consciousness again, she fluttered her eyes open and saw Damian at the end of the tub staring at her belly. She did notice powerful small kicks from her baby that awoke her. He later moved his eyes to hers and he adjusted from his seat.

"Do you want to get out from the tub? " he asked as she nodded. He placed her gently and carefully at the wide dry sink. Taking off her dress as he wrapped her in his huge bath robe. He patted her legs dry as she watched him touch her with care. Tears began pouring again from her cheeks.

"What are we Damian? One moment you're hurting me and another you handle me with so much care. I do not understand you. "

"You don't need to understand me. We act as wife and husband, that's how things are. " he answered her question and carried her back to her room. He saw Lilith there with Laylana waiting for Maria's return. They didn't knew where Maria ventured out again but hearing the ruckus from his room earlier. They had known too late.

"Do I still have to dress up as Xuehua? " she asked him before he left her room. Glancing at her from afar, he stopped and thought.

"Surprise me. "