Withhold [H.S]

By nashlycam23

With•hold: Verb- Refuse to give (something that is due to, or desired by another) Synonyms: hold back, keep... More

[Chapter 1]
[Chapter 2]
[Chapter 3]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 7]
[Chapter 8]
[Chapter 9]
[Chapter 10]
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12]
[Chapter 13]
[Chapter 14]
[Chapter 15]
[Chapter 16]
[Chapter 17]
[Chapter 18]
[Chapter 19]
[Chapter 20]
[Chapter 21]
[Chapter 22]
[Chapter 23]
[Chapter 24]
[Chapter 25]
[Chapter 26]
[Chapter 27]
[Chapter 28]
[Chapter 29]
[Chapter 30]
[Chapter 31]
[Chapter 32]
[Chapter 33]
[Chapter 34]
[Chapter 35]
[Chapter 36]
[Chapter 37]
[Chapter 38]
[Chapter 39]
[Chapter 40]
[Chapter 41]
[Chapter 42]
[Chapter 44]
[Chapter 45]
[Chapter 46]
[Chapter 47]
[Chapter 48]
[Chapter 49]
[Chapter 50]
[Chapter 51]
[Chapter 52]
[Chapter 53]
[Chapter 54]
[Chapter 55]
[Chapter 56]

[Chapter 43]

245 2 1
By nashlycam23

                               Payton's POV

1 week later-

"Luke invited us to a party they're having tonight." Liam informed as he approached both Harry and I in the kitchen.

I pretended I wasn't listening as I grabbed my warm cup of tea and began sipping it.

"Oh yeah? What's the occasion?" Harry asked, seeming uninterested almost immediately.

"It's a celebration of their success. They insisted that we'd all be there. He also said he'd be very hurt if you didn't come." Liam added as Harry sighed and placed his arm on the counter while stirring his bowl of oatmeal with the other hand.

"They make any excuse for a party don't they." Harry chuckled under his breath as he stared at his food.

"Yep. But we should attend. We'd look suspicious if we don't go. We never miss a party." Liam said as he leaned closer to his friend.

Harry sighed as he began massaging his forehead while closing his eyes, thinking hard about the situation.

"Can't we say we got an important job to finish?" Harry sighed as Liam shook his head.

"Nope. They insisted. You know how they get." Liam responded as Harry buried his face in his hands.

"I can't go, I need to be here with Payton." Harry rejected as he peeled his hands away and looked down.

"Luke said she was more than welcome to come." Liam informed as Harry quickly looked over at him.

"What?" Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, he said all is welcomed to come, including her." Liam nodded his head shortly.

"I can't just go there with Payton. They'll think something is up." Harry said as he looked over at me.

"Says who? Harry, Payton is your girlfriend as far as they're concerned remember? We play it cool. It would look suspicious if we don't go." Liam tried to persuade as I almost choked on my food.

"I don't know how she would feel." Harry said, trying to come up with any excuse.

"Harry, come on. You never turn down a party. Why is this one different?" Liam sighed.

"Because Liam. Payton is now involved with every choice and decision I make. She comes with me wherever I go. So if I make a mistake, it falls on me." Harry explained with an attitude as my eyes slowly widened.

"I get that Harry, but she's your hostage. You can mold her into whatever you like. She's under your command and control. So just take her with us to the party. She'll fit right in. I'm sure she's dying to go have some fun anyways." Liam said as I looked away.

"She's not just a hostage." Harry snapped as my heart began racing.

"Look, just bring her with us. Nothing is going to happen. No one will know she's been kidnapped." Liam pressed as Harry sighed.

"She was on the damn news." Harry groaned.

"So? No one's going to know. Trust me. No one watches the news anyways." Liam responded.

"I think it would be fun." I suddenly said, causing the both of them to look at me.

"There! You see, Payton is willing to go." Liam said with enthusiasm.

"It's a risk Liam." Harry growled as he faced him.

"Harry, calm down. No one's going to report her even if they recognize her. It's a party full of criminals. Why would they rat you out?" Liam said as he grabbed his shoulder and shook him up a bit.

"She'll be fine. And you need to relax. You're tense as hell." Liam said before Harry moved his hand off.

"Fine. We'll go." Harry gave in before Liam cheered.

"Thank god, I could use a break." Liam smiled before he looked over at me.

"Thanks babe." He said before he left the room.

I smiled back at him before I looked down at my breakfast.

"I don't know how I feel about you going." Harry said quietly as he looked down.

"Harry it'll be fine, I promise. What Liam said was true." I tried to assure him.

"But what if something happens to you." Harry said as he looked at me.

"Harry.... you're one of the toughest guys they know. They're not going to mess with your stuff. Plus, if we don't show up, Luke and his friends will know something is definitely wrong." I explained as he looked at my bowl and pondered.

"You're right." He slouched his shoulders as I smiled.

"It'll be fun. I can dress up too!" I said before getting really excited.

"What is it with girls and dressing up?" He asked as I giggled.

"Oh come on. We should both dress up and look really nice!" I smiled as he shook his head.

"No." He rejected as I laughed.

"Whatever, I will." I said confidently.

"Don't dress too fancy. I don't want to beat up everyone tonight." Harry said protectively as he began playing with his food.

"Alright, I know you want me safe. Don't worry. I won't leave your side." I assured as he looked at me with calmness in his eyes.

"What do you think about this outfit?" I asked Harry as he watched me while sitting down on his bed. His eyes trailed up and down my body slowly, getting a good look of what I was wearing.

"It looks really nice on you. It shows off all your perfect curves." He said truthfully as he leaned back and rested his palms against the bedsheets.

"Pff, what curves." I rolled my eyes before I walked back towards the wardrobe, suddenly feeling insecure.

"What if I wore a dress?" I questioned before I saw Harry shake his head.

"No. It's too dressy. I think what you're wearing is perfect." He said as I turned my head to notice he was still eyeing me.

"Is the skirt too short?" I questioned, looking down at my black pencil skirt.

"Too short for everyone else but me." He said as his eyes met mine. I giggled shortly before I shook my head.

"You're hilarious." I said as he grinned.

"Payton. Just wear that. Don't over think it." He said as he stood up and approached me.

My heart began to race as he hovered over me slowly and breathed against my neck. My body stiffened as his hand slowly traced the outline of my clothes, making me feel a million butterflies in my stomach.

Ever since Harry and I kissed, we've been a lot closer and have gotten more comfortable with each other. As much as I tried to avoid the feelings and the physical situations, I couldn't stop all of it. I hated how I slowly began liking Harry's touch and his company. I started to feel more secure in his presence as the days went on. But I knew this was all wrong. I shouldn't be falling for my captor.  Even though, I didn't view him as that anymore.

I let out a shaky breath as his hand slid across my stomach, massaging my skin as his thumb curled inside my shirt. I stood there angelically still as Harry continued to roam his hand around my sides, admiring my existence.

I knew where this situation lead us. To kissing. And I couldn't afford another kiss to happen between us. As more days pass by, the harder it is on wanting to go back home and leave him behind. I couldn't do this to myself or to him.

"What are you going to wear?" I suddenly asked, taking a step back as he looked down at me.

He sighed as he realized I didn't want what he was hinting before he glanced at his outfit.

"Um... I was thinking just a normal T-shirt and jeans." He responded as I nodded my head.

"Well, get to it! We have a party to attend!" I clapped as he chuckled and stepped back.

"Someone's excited." He smirked as he walked towards his closet.

"Um I get to party and dance all night long? Yes sir." I said as he chuckled.

"Hey you should wear a coat over that though." Harry said as I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?" I questioned, looking down at my baby blue top.

"I don't want anyone looking at your ass." He answered as I laughed.

"Oh my god Harry, really?" I giggled as he smiled.

"I'm serious!" He said as I shook my head.

"Literally, no one will." I denied.

"Yeah okay. That outfit literally compliments you." He muttered to himself.

I blushed at his comment before I sat down on the bed and looked at him.

"Fine, I have a jean jacket I can wear." I gave in as he relaxed.

"Good." He said before he pulled out a white T-shirt.

I quickly looked away as soon as he took off his shirt, feeling my cheeks heat from seeing the slightest bit of his skin.

I couldn't help but sneak a glance at his toned body, admiring his back muscles and tattoos. He then quickly threw on his other shirt before putting a coat over it.

He turned around to look at me before I smiled and stood up.

"Are we ready?" I beamed as he smirked and nodded his head.

"What?" I questioned as I grabbed my cropped jean jacket.

"It's just funny seeing you excited to go places with me now. In the beginning I had to drag your ass out of the house." He said as I laughed.

"I don't know, you changed." I shrugged as his eyes lit up.

"Yeah... so did you." He slightly smiled as his cheeks began to turn the slightest shade of pink.

"Harry! Payton! Let's go!" Liam called from the living room as we both widened our eyes.

We quickly left the bedroom before we approached the others by the front door. "You got everything you need?" Zayn asked as Harry looked over at me.

"Yeah." He responded as I nodded my head.

"Let's go." Louis said as everyone walked outside.

My heart began racing as we approached a massive house, making me wonder how much this place costs. Loud muffled music echoed through the walls as many cars were parked nearby. I began to suddenly feel uncomfortable as I realized this was a party full of criminals. Not one person in this building was a good citizen. They all had dirty work on their hands. Why was I excited to come here again?

I began to feel regret, but I quickly covered it up with a fake smile as we walked up to the front door. Harry's arm tightened around my waist as he held me close to his side, comforting me with his presence. "You'll be fine. Just relax. I won't leave your sight." Harry whispered as I let out a shaky breath.

I guess my face said it all on how nervous I was, because the guys started to look worried for me. "Will you trust me tonight?" I whispered back as Harry looked down at me.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"If I have to leave temporarily to go to the bathroom or something, I can't have you by my side like a lost puppy at all times. You have to trust me that I won't be stupid." I replied as he started to look uneasy.

Before he could answer, the door opened, causing all of us to walk inside the house. The loud music began piercing my ears as disco lights beamed around the room. It was like an entire club in here.

I stood closer to Harry as we made our way through the crowd, having no business with anyone. I started to feel overwhelmed by how many people were here, wondering what their stories were and how they all came to be criminals.

We finally made our way outside, concluding that it was too noisy to stay indoors. I sighed as I felt fresh air enter into my lungs, feeling much better out here than inside.

I glanced around the large yard and noticed there was a pool glowing in the dark and radiating light on the people near it.

"Nice place." I commented as Harry glanced at me.

"Yeah, Luke is rich." Harry said before he looked around cautiously.

"Aren't you rich too? With all the jobs you do?" I questioned as he looked back at me.

"Yeah. But I save my money."  He responded.

I smiled before I leaned in and fixed his coat, catching him by surprise as I felt him tense up.

"Relax, don't look so worried." I joked as I winked at him.

He chuckled before he rubbed his hand against my waist, pulling me in closer.

"I just want to protect you." He whispered.

"You don't need to here, I'll be fine." I assured before he shook his head.

"Payton, this isn't one of your college parties. These are more mature and different. Lots of fights happen in these parties. We're criminals remember." He said as I looked around.

"Why do you even come here then?" I asked.

"To let loose. We're human too you know." He said as he pulled my chin and made me look at him.

I smiled as our eyes locked before I heard footsteps slowly approach us.

"Harry, Payton. So glad you guys made it!" I heard a familiar voice say as we both turned around.

My eyes widened as I saw Luke approach us with a drink in his hand.

"Hey Luke." Harry grinned as he grabbed Luke's hand and pulled him in for a hug.

"Sup. Hey Payton. You're looking lovely tonight." Luke commented as he pulled away and eyed me up and down.

"Thanks. Your house is... really nice. I'm shocked at how big it is." I said before he laughed.

"Thanks. I bought it myself." He grinned as I nodded my head.

"Well, enjoy the party! Don't be a stranger. Get your drinks and food and have a good time." Luke smiled as I leaned closer to Harry.

"Thank you." I smiled before he left.

"Don't drink anything here. Everything is really strong." Harry said in my ear as he watched Luke walk away.

"I wasn't planning on it." I said.

"Good girl." He mumbled before we looked at the large crowd.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 1.4K 65
A Dark Harry Styles fanfiction ----- "I'm so wrong for you, Elena," he groans, biting my earlobe and breathing heavily. "So fucking wrong." And he is...
3.5K 224 32
Highest Rank: #17- kidnappedby5sos Escape: to slip or get away, as from confinement or restraint; gain or regain liberty. This i...
242K 6.1K 64
"Help me please, she needs a place to stay, at least for a couple of months. She's not safe, she's in danger. Please Harry, I'll do anything in retur...
2M 71.3K 30
"Emma, you're playing with fire" he whispered against my ear and the warm breath tickled my earlobe, sending electricity down my spine. "What if I li...