Withhold [H.S]

By nashlycam23

With•hold: Verb- Refuse to give (something that is due to, or desired by another) Synonyms: hold back, keep... More

[Chapter 1]
[Chapter 2]
[Chapter 3]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 7]
[Chapter 8]
[Chapter 9]
[Chapter 10]
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12]
[Chapter 13]
[Chapter 14]
[Chapter 15]
[Chapter 16]
[Chapter 17]
[Chapter 18]
[Chapter 19]
[Chapter 20]
[Chapter 21]
[Chapter 22]
[Chapter 23]
[Chapter 24]
[Chapter 25]
[Chapter 26]
[Chapter 27]
[Chapter 28]
[Chapter 29]
[Chapter 30]
[Chapter 31]
[Chapter 32]
[Chapter 33]
[Chapter 34]
[Chapter 35]
[Chapter 36]
[Chapter 37]
[Chapter 39]
[Chapter 40]
[Chapter 41]
[Chapter 42]
[Chapter 43]
[Chapter 44]
[Chapter 45]
[Chapter 46]
[Chapter 47]
[Chapter 48]
[Chapter 49]
[Chapter 50]
[Chapter 51]
[Chapter 52]
[Chapter 53]
[Chapter 54]
[Chapter 55]
[Chapter 56]

[Chapter 38]

280 7 0
By nashlycam23

Payton's POV

I dug through my clothes and decided to wear a black floral dress that went slightly above my knees along with a brown thick cardigan to keep me warm. I slipped on my black vans before I fixed my hair and touched up my appearance. I wasn't trying to impress Harry in any way, but I missed the excitement of getting all dolled up when I would go outdoors. It's just something I've always done.

I was changing in the bathroom while Harry was busing himself in his room. I pulled out my make up bag and applied mascara to my eyelashes before adding on clear lipgloss. I had no idea where I was going, and I wasn't sure if it was going to be exciting at all, but I wanted to feel like myself when I go outside. I didn't want to be afraid anymore and if I was getting the chance to be outdoors, I wanted to make the best out of it.

After I was done getting ready, I gathered my old clothes and make up bag before I left the bathroom, making my way back towards Harry's room. I knocked on the door before I waited for him to respond. "It's me." I said through the door before I heard him shuffle in his room.

"Come in." He replied before I opened the door and walked in.

"I'm ready." I said before I looked up at him and noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt. My eyes expanded as I accidentally dropped everything in my hands and tripped over them.

Before I could face plant into the ground, Harry leaned over and wrapped his hands around my waist and arm, keeping me balanced. I gasped before I looked at his muscular chest with embarrassment, feeling my cheeks heat instantly.

"S-sorry, uh, I didn't realize you were still changing, I should of- I shouldn't have came in." I said nervously as I tired to gather myself together. I quickly scurried out of his grip, pushing myself up with his bare stomach.

I quickly snuck a glance at his perfectly toned body before I looked away and picked up all my things in a rush. He smirked as he looked down at me while he stood there in his black ripped jeans, finding this extremely amusing.

"It's okay. I didn't realize it would stumble you." He teased as I felt my cheeks turn red. My heart began racing as I walked with my clothes and make up before setting it aside on his wardrobe.

"No, you're fine, I just- wasn't expecting that." I gushed before I kept my back facing him, hoping he'd get changed already.

He didn't say another word as we both stood in silence, making me wonder what he was up to now. I then heard him slowly approach me, causing my heart to burst as he slowly touched my wrist with his fingertips.

My eyes expanded as his fingertips trailed up my forearm and onto my upper arm, leaving me completely speechless. Thankfully my cardigan was in the way of his skin touching my own, but it didn't seem to stop the nervous butterflies from exploring my stomach.

"You can look, you don't have to shy away." Harry whispered above me as chills ran down my spine. I then slowly turned my head to the side before I faced him, keeping my eyes to the floor. His pointer finger rested under my chin before he tilted my head up, causing my eyes to meet his.

The tension between us was blowing my mind as we stood there face to face in silence, absorbing each other's body heat. "I think you look really beautiful in a dress." He commented as his eyes slowly eyed my body.

"Oh- I um, I didn't really know what to wear, so I, I just wore this." I rambled nervously as I felt him continuously look me up and down.

"You look great." He said, suddenly gripping my waist.

"You think so?" I slightly squealed as I lost my balance and almost fell to the side but Harry quickly caught me.

He chuckled as he looked down at me, finding my behavior entertaining. Why was he complimenting me? Was he flirting with me? Oh god no Harry come on get your head in the game! Don't fall for me! Don't do it!

"Well um- we should, we should probably go." I suggested as I tried not to look down at his perfectly toned abs.

"Yeah, we gotta get some breakfast on the way." He said before he pulled away and walked towards his closet, finally allowing me to breathe properly.

"We're getting breakfast?" I asked as I nervously played with my sleeve.

"Yeah. Can't go on an empty stomach." He said before I nodded my head.

"I guess you're right." I agreed.

"You're gonna be warm in that?" Harry asked as he glanced at me while pulling out a green sweater.

"Yeah. Are we going somewhere cold?" I questioned.

"Maybe." He shrugged before he pulled out a light brown coat.

"You'll be warm. Don't worry." He assured before I watched as he pulled the sweater over his body, suddenly hiding all of his tattoos.

"Are the others going to be okay with this?" I questioned nervously.

"As far as they're concerned, you're my problem, not theirs." He said as I frowned.

"So no, they won't mind." He added before I nodded my head.

"So why out of all days you choose to take me out?" I asked as he put his coat over his sweater.

"I figured you must be losing your mind being all cooped up in this house. I know I am." He explained.

"I mean yeah... I do hate being in one place for too long." I nodded.

"Me too, let's go." He agreed as he approached me and lightly poked my sweater before leaving the room.

We both walked past the kitchen and into the living room as Louis, Zayn, and Liam all glanced over at us.
"Woah, where are you two going?" Zayn asked as I turned around to see them all eye us.

"I'm taking her out." Harry replied as he picked up a set of keys.

"Like, taking her home?" Liam asked with confusion.

"No, just out. I figured she deserved a break. Plus I need to clear my head a bit. We'll be back by night time." Harry said as he turned around to look at them.

"You sure this is a good idea Harry? If she's seen you could be reported and be thrown in jail if you get caught." Liam said worriedly.

"Trust me she won't. We're going somewhere private." Harry informed as he opened the door.

"Oh like a date?" Louis smirked as I blushed and fiddled with my hands. As if dude.

"Shut up. Alright see you later. I'll call you if anything happens." Harry said before the guys nodded their heads.

"Have fun. Be smart." Zayn called out as we both exited the house.

I squinted my eyes at the unfamiliar sunlight as we began walking off the front porch together. I was amazed at how beautiful it was today while Harry and I approached his black Range Rover. Memories of the day he took me flashed in my mind as I stared at his vehicle. How long has it been since I've been taken?

"You alright?" Harry asked as he looked over at me. I must of looked really uncomfortable before I snapped out of my haze and blinked over at him. "What? Oh yeah... I'm good." I said as he eyed me suspiciously.

"You're not gonna run away are you?" He asked with concern.

"No. I promise." I denied.

"Get in." He ordered before I sat in the passenger's side and watched as he climbed in the drivers seat. He turned the engine on before backing out of the drive way, turning around and going down the long dirt road.

My heart began to race as I realized this was really happening, Harry was actually taking me outdoors. I didn't know what I did to deserve this but I was more than happy to be out. I was wondering if Harry was telling the truth when he said he needed to clear his mind. Clear his mind from what?

"It's going to be a long drive, so you can sleep if you want." Harry said as he looked over at me.

"Nah, I like to stay awake. I want to see everything." I said as I leaned close to the door and peered out the window.

He kept looking at me before he nodded his head and continued driving straight. Suddenly the radio turned on, playing soft music through the speakers as I glared at the beautiful trees before me. I never felt more relaxed than right now, knowing that today was going to be an okay day.

Harry had been driving for about two hours now and none of us spoke a word since. We shared the silence together comfortably, using this time to clear our headspace and focus on relaxing music and beautiful scenery.

I totally forgot I was hungry the second Harry began pulling into an empty parking lot in the middle of the woods. My heart began racing as I began to wonder if I made a mistake trusting Harry's words. Maybe I should of never left the house. I would of been better off being protected by the others instead of being alone with Harry. If he was out to kill me this was the perfect spot. Why else would he take me here?

"You okay? You look pale." Harry questioned as he parked the car and killed the engine before taking off his seatbelt.

"Harry, where are you taking me?" I asked innocently as I looked over at him, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable.

"Don't worry, you'll see." He said before he opened his glove box and pulled out a black gun. My eyes widened in fear as I backed away, wondering why on earth he was bringing it with him. He shoved it in his coat before he glanced up at me and narrowed his eyebrows.

"What? I have to be on guard at all times." He said seriously as my heart pounded roughly against my chest.

"I- I don't want to go out anymore. I don't feel good." I said as I tried to swallow but I couldn't. I was too nervous.

"What? I drove you all this way. You have to come. Trust me, you'll like it." He said as he looked over at me.

"I- I don't know." I shook my head as my hands began shaking.

"I'm not going to murder you if that's what you're thinking." He said as he lowered his shoulders.

"How do I know that?" I questioned.

He sighed before he opened his door and got out. "Because that's not why I brought you here." He responded before he shut his door and walked towards the front of the car. I watched him as I breathed heavily, wondering what his purpose was of bringing me here.

He then stared at me through the window before waving me over, signaling me to come out. I let out a shaky breath before I wrapped my hand around the handle and slightly opened the door. I felt a cold breeze greet my body as I shivered before I unbuckled myself and hopped out.

I closed the door behind me before I wrapped my arms around myself to keep warm, leaving the car as Harry locked it with his keys. I shivered from the cold air as I looked around the large forest that circled around us.

"Why is it so cold over here?" I asked as my teeth chattered.

"Cuz we're in the mountains." Harry responded as he looked at me.

"Is it even winter time?" I asked, suddenly forgetting what month it was.

"Could be." He shrugged.

"Don't other people come here?" I asked as I stood by his side before he began walking forward.

"No, I've come here many times and I never see anyone around. I think people stopped coming here because they forgot all about it. It's kind of a hidden gem." Harry spoke as I followed him.

"And you took me here because?" I questioned as I peered up at him.

"You'll see." He smiled before I sighed.

"Gosh I feel like I'm in the snow right now." I huffed as we walked into the forest and passed by a ton of trees.

"It's quite a walk, so prepare yourself." He said as I clenched my jaw and tightened my arms around myself.

"I'm beginning to regret my outfit." I said before he chuckled and looked back at me.

"How come?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Umm because it's freezing." I stated the obvious as I saw my own breath.

"It's worth it. Trust me." He said before he walked up to me and grabbed my hand.

My heart stopped as our hands locked, intertwining our fingers together. He then nudged his head to the side before he began walking with me. "Come along now." He encouraged before I sighed and followed along.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 278 24
"I'll take care of you just like you'd take care of me." ♥️ CAUGHT /Kôt/ past participle of catch. verb • come upon (someone) unexpectedly. • interce...
130K 1.9K 26
Eliza wasn't exactly your normal girl. With a dark past that haunts her the last thing she wanted was to be kidnapped by the countries most well know...
44K 1.4K 65
A Dark Harry Styles fanfiction ----- "I'm so wrong for you, Elena," he groans, biting my earlobe and breathing heavily. "So fucking wrong." And he is...
64.9K 2.2K 61
I was currently held at gun point by a guy who claimed to love me. He smirked before speaking. "I told you that you couldn't get away from me." Micha...