My favorite Mary

By CrystalAllen675

Rory has worked on the campaign trail and years later her life seems to be crashing around her when she recon... More

Chapter 1: Rory's life
Chapter 2: Tristan's Life
Chapter 3: A walk in Central Park
Chapter 4: Are you serious?
Chapter 5: A night out on the Town
Chapter 6: I am moving to NYC
Chapter 7: Can it really be this great
Chapter 8: Mr. Toad's wild ride
Chapter 9: This feels right
Chapter 10: Date Night
Chapter 11: Your body is a wonderland!
Chapter 12: Everybody loves Trory
Chapter 13: Unexpected News!
Chapter 14: Old friends are the Best
Chapter 15: Christmas Vacation!!!
Chapter 16: X'S and O's!
Chapter 17: Christmas in NYC and Stars Hollow
Chapter 18: Holidays together
Chapter 19: New Years Eve troubles
Chapter 20: Time to plan a wedding
Chapter 21: Guests arrive for the big day
Chapter 22: One more day
Chapter 23: Miss to Mrs.
Chapter 24: Reception Time
Chapter 25: A Martha's Vineyard Honeymoon
Chapter 26: Who is the Heiress?
Chapter 27: Gender Reveal!
Chapter 28:Honeymoon and Babymoon
Chapter 30: Looking for our forever home
Chapter 31: Welcome to our new home
Chapter 32: Baby shower
Chapter 33: Graduation day
Chapter 34: Our fresh start
Chapter 35: House warming party
Chapter 36: New addition to the family
Chapter 37: Vistors welcome
Chapter 38: Sleepless nights
Chapter 39: Getting back to normal
Chapter 40: Growing up
Chapter 41: The big one
Chapter 42: A big surprise
Chapter 43: A great Loss
Chapter 44: Moving on is hard
Chapter 45: Things are looking up
Chapter 46: The Big Two
Chapter 47: Our first family vacation
Chapter 48: Are we or aren't we?
Chapter 49: Big brother
Chapter 50: Gender Reveal
Chapter 51: Michael's three and his new room
Chapter 52: Brayden's baby shower
Chapter 53: Almost time to welcome the new baby
Chapter 54: Daily routines
Chapter 55: Trouble in paradise
Chapter 56: Life is getting back to normal
Chapter 57: Em and Brayden's First Birthday
Chapter 58: Daddy's little girl
Chapter 59: Through the years
Chapter 60: High school days
Chapter 61: Graduation Day #1
Chapter 62: College Life
Chapter 63: Final Chilton Graduation
Chapter 64: Move-in day
Chapter 65: Empty nest
Chapter 66: First Yale graduation!
Chapter 67: Fatherly Advice
Chapter 68: Martha's Vineyard
Chapter 69: Yale Graduation#2
Chapter70: Wedding Bells ring
Chapter 71: Daddy's little girl is all grown up
Chapter 72: It's a grand time for a new baby
Chapter 73: Wedding blues
chapter 74: Epilogue

Chapter 29: Getting ready for our bundle of Joy

499 16 0
By CrystalAllen675

They arrived home and Rory went straight to bed.  She was worn out from the morning and the flight. Tristan helped her get in bed and kissed her good night. 

Rory's POV:

The entire trip was relaxing. Tris really helped me not think so much of how much weight I have gained or will gain and just be happy that our baby is healthy. 

I felt the baby kick and I smiled as I felt him kicking around. We did decide on a name and I am happy with it. 

We have to get the nursery done and finish the shopping. Tristan says we need to wait until the baby shower. His friends are coming back in for the shower I think. I hope they make it back.

I know Tristan has gotten close to my friends but I am sure he would like to have his friends there with him to celebrate. They were all so nice and welcoming and kept telling me all of the stories of military school and his Mary stories. 

I slowly drift off to sleep thinking about my wonderful husband and how great our honeymoon was. He was or is so good to me every day. 

Tristan's POV:

I help Mare to bed she is worn out from our day and the flight. I kiss her good night and head to the living room. 

I start checking my emails and I have an email from the Dean's office at Columbia. I am a little worried. I know it's too late to call tonight but I will call first thing tomorrow. It's Friday and they will be in the office. 

I start to do a little party planning with Lorelai by text. We have the date set for the shower and have decided where it will be held. Now Sookie will make the food and cake we just have to do the invitations and the guest list. 

We are hoping to surprise Rory. We are planning on having the shower in three weeks. I already talked to Bryan, Scott, and Ray they won't be able to make it but they will attend by zoom. They will be sending their gifts to Lorelai's. 

I just hope Rory likes the shower. Lane has been helping with the decorations and stuff for the party. 

I yawn and realize how tired I am as well. We walked around the area before we headed out. I am planning to keep our daily routine of going to the coffee shop on the corner before classes. Mare loves their bagel sandwiches.

I head to our bedroom and strip my clothes off and slip into bed beside my wife. I pull her into my arms and drift off to sleep listening to her breathing. 

Rory's POV:   

I wake up and feel my husband's arms wrapped around me. I smile at how comfortable I feel in his arms. 

Then realize I really need to use the bathroom and easily slip out of his arms and go to the bathroom. 

I brush my teeth and wash my face. I come back into our bedroom and smile at how sexy and peaceful he looks lying there in bed asleep. 

He stirs a little and barely opens his eyes and sees me looking at him. A huge smile comes across his face and he holds his hand out. 

I walk over to his side of the bed. He slides over and I lay down beside him. He wraps his arms around me and just holds me. 

"Good morning my beautiful wife. Were you watching me sleep?" He whispered in her ear.  

"Yes, I was admiring how sexy and peaceful you looked sleeping. I am sorry I didn't mean to wake you."

"Baby I woke up when you wiggled out of my arms and went to the restroom. I just had my eyes closed."

"Well, I am still sorry for waking you up. I had to pee your child has been laying on my bladder." She busted out laughing.

"Feel better now?"

"Yes, much better."

Tristan slid down and turned her over. He lifted her shirt and was talking to her stomach. "Good morning son. Can you be easy on mommy? Soon we will be holding you in our arms. Until then I do need you to take it easy on your mommy. Mommy and daddy love you so much and we can't wait to meet you." He kissed her stomach and then came back up to her. 

"Maybe that will work." He kissed me and I blushed. 

"I could feel him kicking lightly while you were talking to him. You are so sweet and amazing my wonderful husband."      

"As are you, my wife. I love being able to call you that. Every day it feels like winning the lottery. Which I did in the wife department. I am so lucky that you are mine."

"I am the lucky one Tris."

"Let's run to the coffee shop and get you a few bagel breakfast sandwiches. I know we have been gone for two weeks and I am sure you have been craving them."

"Yes, I have. Let me get dressed. I am starving since I went to bed pretty early yesterday."

Tristan's POV:

We went to the coffee shop and got some sandwiches and she got a regular coffee which means I will drink decaf for the rest of the day. 

I love seeing her smile and she smiled the biggest smile when I ordered her favorite drink. She devoured her sandwiches. She looked so cute. She had a small piece of bread on her lips and I leaned over and brushed it off her. 

"That was so good baby. Thank you for ordering my favorite drink it was so delicious. I really enjoy our morning routine of eating at our coffee shop."

"Me too baby. I really enjoy seeing your entire face light up because you got your favorite drink. That face and those doe eyes will get you whatever you want."

We walked back to our apartment. I had asked Finn, Colin, and Robert to help paint the nursery. They will be over with the paint and supplies later this morning. I am going to send Mare to get a massage so the fumes won't bother her. 

Lorelai is supposed to come and pick her up so they can both enjoy a mother-daughter day. One day I hope we have a daughter and Mare can do fun things like that with her and me and my son will go to a football or basketball game for a guy's day. I love the fact that I can imagine our future with our kids. 

"Hey, Mare I need you to shower and get ready. I have a special treat for you and I need to call the Dean's office at Columbia. I received an email and while you shower I am going to call and see what they needed." He kissed her as she walked to their room. 

He grabbed his phone and called the number on the email. 

"Columbia University Dean's office, how may I assist you?"

"Um, yes ma'am I received an email stating I needed to call the office. My name is Tristan Dugray."

"Yes, Mr. Dugray give me just a moment and let me get the Dean on the line."

A couple of minutes later the phone starts ringing I am being transferred.

"Mr. Dugray thank you for getting back to us so quickly. I wanted to speak to you and ask if you realized you have completed all required courses except the classes you are taking right now. You took some extra credit courses the first time you graduated and it was brought to my attention that you will have all your required courses and will graduate in May."

"Are you serious? I will have my Ph.D. in May of this year. This is great news. Thank you Dean for reaching out to let me know. Have a wonderful day?"

"You too Mr. Dugray, goodbye."

Tristan sat on the couch completely in shock he would graduate in two months eight weeks is all that was left of school. He needed to talk to Rory and see if she wanted to go house shopping and make the move to Hartford before the baby is born, if so they wouldn't need to fix the nursery up here and could just do it in the new house. 

He went to their room and Rory was just getting out of the shower. She walked into the room with the towel wrapped around her chest. She smiled when she saw Tristan standing there admiring his wife and how sexy she is. 

"Hey, baby everything okay?"

"Everything is great. I just received some good news. I wanted to talk to you and see what you think."

"Okay. Let me throw some clothes on and then we can sit down and talk."

"That would be good because knowing you are naked under that towel, definitely makes it hard for me to concentrate. I will meet you in the living room." He kissed her and headed to the living room he made her a cup of tea and had it sitting on her table when she came out. 

"Thank you, my thoughtful husband. So, now tell me the good news."

"Turns out I am completing the last of all required courses now and I will graduate in May. When I attended NYU I had taken extra credit courses and they filled all the required courses needed."

"That is wonderful news Tristan I am so happy for you and proud of you baby."

"Mare, what would you think of househunting and starting the move to Hartford? I was going to surprise you and get the nursery set up today but if we decide to move to Hartford then I think it would be best to wait until we get a new house and we can get it done by staying the weekends there. What do you think?"

"Really? We can move to Hartford before the baby is born? Yes, let's go house shopping now."

Tristan just smiled at how happy this news made his wife.          

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 870 60
Rory is a sophomore at Yale when she meets three snobs who think they are better than everyone else just because they have money. She isn't intereste...
43.7K 1K 19
*sequel to cecilia* big life changes are happening in the gilmore's life's. how will cecilia handle it? will she be a different person cause of it? h...
1.7K 19 14
Tristan Dugrays sister comes back from studying abroad in England and happens to fall inlove with the one and only Paris Geller . While studying at C...
4.5K 78 9
LUKE & LORELAI ❝i don't have many people in my life who are in my life permanently, forever.❞ ❝but there is no one who will be...