My favorite Mary

By CrystalAllen675

Rory has worked on the campaign trail and years later her life seems to be crashing around her when she recon... More

Chapter 1: Rory's life
Chapter 2: Tristan's Life
Chapter 3: A walk in Central Park
Chapter 4: Are you serious?
Chapter 5: A night out on the Town
Chapter 6: I am moving to NYC
Chapter 7: Can it really be this great
Chapter 9: This feels right
Chapter 10: Date Night
Chapter 11: Your body is a wonderland!
Chapter 12: Everybody loves Trory
Chapter 13: Unexpected News!
Chapter 14: Old friends are the Best
Chapter 15: Christmas Vacation!!!
Chapter 16: X'S and O's!
Chapter 17: Christmas in NYC and Stars Hollow
Chapter 18: Holidays together
Chapter 19: New Years Eve troubles
Chapter 20: Time to plan a wedding
Chapter 21: Guests arrive for the big day
Chapter 22: One more day
Chapter 23: Miss to Mrs.
Chapter 24: Reception Time
Chapter 25: A Martha's Vineyard Honeymoon
Chapter 26: Who is the Heiress?
Chapter 27: Gender Reveal!
Chapter 28:Honeymoon and Babymoon
Chapter 29: Getting ready for our bundle of Joy
Chapter 30: Looking for our forever home
Chapter 31: Welcome to our new home
Chapter 32: Baby shower
Chapter 33: Graduation day
Chapter 34: Our fresh start
Chapter 35: House warming party
Chapter 36: New addition to the family
Chapter 37: Vistors welcome
Chapter 38: Sleepless nights
Chapter 39: Getting back to normal
Chapter 40: Growing up
Chapter 41: The big one
Chapter 42: A big surprise
Chapter 43: A great Loss
Chapter 44: Moving on is hard
Chapter 45: Things are looking up
Chapter 46: The Big Two
Chapter 47: Our first family vacation
Chapter 48: Are we or aren't we?
Chapter 49: Big brother
Chapter 50: Gender Reveal
Chapter 51: Michael's three and his new room
Chapter 52: Brayden's baby shower
Chapter 53: Almost time to welcome the new baby
Chapter 54: Daily routines
Chapter 55: Trouble in paradise
Chapter 56: Life is getting back to normal
Chapter 57: Em and Brayden's First Birthday
Chapter 58: Daddy's little girl
Chapter 59: Through the years
Chapter 60: High school days
Chapter 61: Graduation Day #1
Chapter 62: College Life
Chapter 63: Final Chilton Graduation
Chapter 64: Move-in day
Chapter 65: Empty nest
Chapter 66: First Yale graduation!
Chapter 67: Fatherly Advice
Chapter 68: Martha's Vineyard
Chapter 69: Yale Graduation#2
Chapter70: Wedding Bells ring
Chapter 71: Daddy's little girl is all grown up
Chapter 72: It's a grand time for a new baby
Chapter 73: Wedding blues
chapter 74: Epilogue

Chapter 8: Mr. Toad's wild ride

997 21 11
By CrystalAllen675

Rory was going to Stars Hollow to work at the Gazette. She had received several calls and texts from Logan but just ignored them. 

He is marrying Odette and I am happy with Tristan. This is a fresh start for me and Tristan. I guess I need to block his number. 

Tristan was up cooking breakfast when she walked out of her room. She smiled. "What smells so good? Good morning boyfriend." She filled a cup full of coffee and smelled the aroma. Then took a huge sip. 

"Breakfast for my beautiful girlfriend. Good morning Mary." He kissed her. "I am going to miss you tonight." He chuckled as he watched her smell her coffee.

"I am going to miss you too but I will be home by dinner time tomorrow night." She sat at the bar as he placed a plate in front of her with chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

"You sure know the right way to a Gilmore girl's heart through her stomach and you fixed my favorite pancakes. I am impressed Mr. Dugray." She smiled at him. 

It was the smile that made his heart flutter. "I am glad you like it and I do listen to what you say and figured out these were your favorite. I am glad my evil plan is working." He rubbed his hands together and had a malicious smile on his face. Then he just started laughing. 

"So, are you going to tell Lorelai about our relationship?"

"I don't know probably not. I just really want to stay in our own little bubble right now without hearing her moan and complain about you being a member of society and how she thought I was through with that life after Logan and I split. I don't want to deal with any of her negativity right now."

"I understand baby. Why don't we invite her down in a couple of weeks and maybe take her to a nice dinner? She and Luke can stay here in the other guestroom."

"Are you sure you want to have my mom in your loft? She will judge everything. I mean Luke will make her behave but I just want to make sure you are really ready for that." 

"I am from society but I don't really do many of the society parties. I think it will give us a chance to meet and for her to form a formal decision on who I am now not who I was at Chilton. Yes, I am really okay with this and I am sure."

"Okay just remember I warned you. I will extend the invitation tonight for not this weekend but next. I really want to spend this weekend with my boyfriend."

"I love to hear you say that. That sounds good I will make reservations and I will charm your mom and Luke." He kissed her on the cheek.

She finished eating and went back to her room to shower and got dressed. Once she finished she walked out of her room.

Tristan was standing there waiting on her to come out of her room. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to him. She buried her head in his chest as he buried his in her hair. He kissed her on the nape of her neck.

She pulled back and kissed him a soft and gentle kiss at first. Then her kiss became hungrier. Tristan pulled away. 

"Mare you have to go and I don't want to start something we don't have time to finish. I would really like to take this slow and trust me this is hard for me to say. Because I really, really want you. I also want to be respectful and show you that you are more to me than just a conquest."

"I know. I'm sorry. I can't promise how long I will be able to wait but I will try to respect your wishes on taking it slow. I will see you tomorrow evening. I will text you when I arrive to let you know I made it safely."

"Okay Mare, I can't wait to see you. I am going to take you out for dinner. Have fun with your mom." He kissed her one more time as he walked her to the door. He watched her walk to the elevator she waved as she stepped on and turned around. 

A few hours later she arrived in Stars Hollow the first thing she did was pull up at Luke's for coffee. She then pulled up at The Gazette. She unlocked the doors and went to her desk. She sent a text to Tristan.

  Hey, babe just wanted to let you know I made it to the paper. I am going to get the paper out and then spend the night at Mom's. I will text you when I finish at The Gazette tonight. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. R

Hey Mare, so glad you made it safely. Have fun and don't work too hard baby. I miss you too. In the few short days, you have been here my house feels empty without you. I will see you for our date tomorrow. I can't wait. I will wait for your text later. Take care, baby. xoxoxo T 

She unlocked the door and made her way in. Charlie was sitting at his desk and Ester was filing. Her computer had a message when she turned it on that said. "Get Ready."

"Charlie did you fall asleep while sending an email again," Rory asks confused.  

"No, I drank coffee this morning," Charlie responded.

Rory was confused and looked out her window and saw petal running down the street with a sign that read kick up a rumpus. Rory was really confused but went back to work.

Later that evening, she had gotten the paper finished and went to Luke's for dinner. She was walking back from Luke's and it was dark. She walked past Doose's market and noticed the flower sign changed from flowers to tonight. She looked at it shocked. 

There was a guy that was riding a unicycle and said," By the pricking of my thumbs, something evil this way comes." He disappeared. Then there was a raven in a tree that said "Rory, Rory, get ready Rory." 

"What the," Rory says confused as she walks to the door of the Gazette.

She walks into the office noticing that the door is open. There are no lights on and it is dark. "Hello, hello." She yells and she turns around and screams when she sees Ester standing there with a flashlight shining on her face.

"In Omnia Paratus," Ester said.

"What?" Asked Rory. 

"Did I say that right," She looks at the paper. "Yep, that's right." She walks away.

Rory looks out the window and sees three figures dressed up in gorilla masks coming out of the fog. She smiles a huge smile as she recognizes who it is.

"I'll be damned." She states as she walks outside to the middle of the street where the guys are.

"Are you gentleman lost?" Rory asked smiling.

"Gentleman, did you hear that?" Finn asked.

"I did and I am offended," Robert replied.

"Are we going to take that, letting this girl call us gentleman?" Finn stated as he motions his hand between Rory and the guys. 

"Take the masks off," Rory said.

"My dear lady you do not ask a man to drop his visod," Colin replied.

"Not without a twenty in your hand, anyhow," Finn replied. 

"What on earth are you guys doing here?" Rory asked. 

"She speaks to us as if she knows us," Robert said smugly.

"As if she has intimate knowledge of us," Colin responds.

"How did your knee surgery go Colin?" Rory asked.

"Every single nurse was a man." He removed his hat and mask. "When did that happen?"

"So, let's have a look at you here," Colin said While Finn and Robert remove their hats and masks. 

Then he, Finn, and Robert start circling her. They toss their masks down as they are walking around in circles.

"She seems pale," Robert said. 

"I am always pale," Rory responds.

"She seems sadly dressed for the fields," Finn states.

"Or riding in boxcars," Robert says.

"Or perhaps she is passing herself off as a boy," Colin said.

"Like Yentl," Said Finn. 

"Tell me, girl, are you Yentl?" Colin asked.

"Well, it is Friday, so." Responded Rory as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Men I believe we have arrived just in time," stated Colin.

"In time for what?" Rory asked.

"Time for what she asks," stated Finn.

"The female sex they do ask questions." Responded Robert.

"There was a meeting my darling." Stated Finn all dramatically. 

"A meeting?" Rory asks quizzically. 

"Complication," states Colin.

"An assemblage," Robert responded. 

"A conclave," Finn said.

"A Parlay," Colin said.

"A hen party," Finn replied. 

"There was scotch." Stated Colin matter-of-factly.

"And basically after taking the minutes from the last meeting, and the minutes we took from this meeting discussing the minutes from the last meeting," Robert said.

Finn gets right in Rory's face, "there was a lot of scotch." He responds.

"We took a vote," Robert said.

"And we decided." Rory turned and saw Logan. He walks toward her and says, "that we had to come to take you out." He hands her a hat with a long blue ribbon hanging off. She places the hat on her head. Then he hands her a dark blue long jacket. She places it on and they start running down the street.

They are walking through in a line Robert, Logan, Rory, Colin, and Finn. They walk past the sports shop and back up. 

They get some golf clubs and end up on two separate rooftops. Rory, Logan, and Colin are on one, and Finn and Robert are on the other. They are shooting golf balls at each other from the rooftops. 

They then go to Doose's market and grab snacks and lots of alcohol. Finn puts a box of chocolate cupcakes on the counter and Logan tosses a bag at Robert and a bag at Finn. Colin stands there and lets it rain money to pay for the items they got. Logan grabs the entire carton of push pops. 

They go across the street and watch Kirk's film. They are all sitting there watching the film. The girl in the red coat points. Kirk says, "It's an Omen." Petal his pig runs across the road and Kirks yells, "noooo."

"Superb," Robert responds as he pops the top on a bottle of champagne. 

"Aloft classic," Finn states.

"Another Lo deche viche," Logan stated.

"I hear they are remaking it with Gosling," Rory states. 

"First Arther and now this they never learn," Colin said. He then holds his glass, "Cheers they all yell." They clink their glasses together. 

"What time is it?" Colin asks.

"Time is but a relative concept," Finn stated.

"10:15," Rory responds.

"Time to hit the road," says Logan. 

Finn noticed how uncomfortable Rory was with Logan. 

"Hey Logan, I want to sit on the rumble seat. Mother, would you care to sit back here with me?"

"I would love to Finn." Logan doesn't look happy but he puts a fake smile on his face and takes the keys Finn is holding out to him. 

They all climb into an older convertible Logan drives, Robert in the front seat while Colin sits in the back seat. Rory and Finn take the Rumble seat by the Trunk. 

Once they are heading down the road. Rory cuddles into Finn. "Thank you Finn for helping me back there. Logan doesn't know but I have a boyfriend. So can you try to stay with me as much as possible tonight?"

"Sure thing Love. You know I would do anything for you. How have you been?"

"I have been doing much better the last couple of weeks. Thank you, Finn. I miss you all so much."

"You do realize that we are your friends too. Right, darling?"

"Yea but you were Logan's friends first. I just can't and won't be the other woman anymore. I need to move on which I am because I moved to New York City."

"That's good love. I like to hear it, you sound happy. I don't blame you for that love. We didn't agree with him putting you through that. So, tell me about this boyfriend. Does he make you happy?"

"Thanks, I appreciate that. His name is Tristan I actually went to Chilton with him. He got sent off to military school our junior year. I ran into him in Central Park and he offered to let me stay with him while I straighten my life up. So I moved it last week. We started dating like three days ago. So, it is really new."

"Can you see a future with him? Like I mean do you want to keep him around? When you look at him what do you see?"

"Honestly." She looked around like she was thinking. "I can honestly say yes. I can see him in my future. I can see us married with two children. One boy and one girl. He is the one I see at the end of that aisle and me walking toward him. He is the only one I see. I have never been able to picture that before in my life even with Logan."

"There is your answer Love and I will stay with you all night to make sure you don't do anything you shouldn't. You know we love you and any of us would do whatever we could for you. I also live in New York. So give me your phone and I will put my number in. That way we can stay in touch as we use to before you started seeing Huntz again."  

"Thank you so much Finny. You are my favorite Aussie." She kissed him on the cheek and handed him her phone. He put his number in and called himself. "There now I have your number." 

They arrived at the Tango club and walk-in. Finn has his arm around Rory. "Wanna try that love?" 

"Hell no." She responds and they dance to the end, he picks her up, spins her around, and dips her. 

Finn took off to the restroom and Logan walked over to her. "Hey, Ace can we talk in private for a moment."

"Colin, Robert will you let Finn know I am talking to Logan over there." She points to the room. 

"Sure, Mother," they both respond.

"Sure," they walk over behind a beaded curtain and sit down.  

"You are still a terrible dancer." They both laugh

"But damn it you are a beauty," Logan replied. 

"Save the sweet talk Huntz," Rory responded.

"Well, you are," Logan said smiling.

"I'm not going dutch," Rory replied.

"Oh, rats. Logan says smiling as he lifts the champagne glass to his mouth and takes a drink.   

Logan pulls a key out and hands it to her. "What is this?"

"It is to my family's house in Maine. I want you to go up there and stay. Write your book. Do this for yourself. Please accept my offer. There is a maid and a chef that will take care of everything and you can use it as long as you need to."

"Actually, Logan I can't."

"Yes, you can. Are you glad I came?"

"I can't and why did you come?"

"I did not like the way we left things." Replied Logan with a sad look on his face.

"Yeah, me neither," Rory replied. 

Just as Finn opened the curtain, "Love will you join me there is a crazy sheila trying to take me home. I told her I have a girlfriend and she is refusing to listen. Logan mate I'm sorry but I need to borrow mother."

She stands up and looks at Logan. "Friends. Are we good?"

"Yea, Ace we are good. Watch your toes, Finn. She is a terrible dancer." He smiled. That smile faded the minute she was out of sight. 

"Thank you. He was trying to give me access to his house in Maine to write my book. I turned him down. I want to stay in touch with you and the guys just don't let Logan know."

Finn shook his head and danced her over to the table Robert and Colin were sitting at. He pulled her into his lap. 

"Where is the crazy woman chasing you?" 

He nudged his head toward the bar where this brunette was watching them intently. She didn't look happy. 

They left and arrived at the Bed and Breakfast in New Hampshire. Finn had stayed true to his word he never left Rory's side. She woke up in her room and walked across the hall where Logan was sleeping and sat staring out the window thinking. 

"Good morning Ace. Did you sleep well?"

"Yea, I did. Logan, I can't accept the house I know where I am going to write my book. I have a boyfriend. I am really happy. I hope you can be happy as well. My car is on its way I need to return home to live my life. This will be the last time I talk to you. I wish you nothing but a life of happiness." She wiped her eyes and walked back to her room. 

Logan met her downstairs. Rory said goodbye to the guys and then to Logan.  

"I think your days of rescuing me are over," Rory responded as she smiled at Logan. 

"You never needed rescuing Ace. You know that." He Kissed her and did his hands like he was taking a picture. 

On her ride back to Stars Hollow she knew that she was no longer in love with Logan. When he kissed her she didn't feel that connection she had all the times before. She was ready to go home to her boyfriend. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 2.4K 21
Matilda Hayden grew up with her father in the Elite Upper Class of Boston, and she quite enjoyed her life- thank you very much. She didn't have many...
43.7K 1K 19
*sequel to cecilia* big life changes are happening in the gilmore's life's. how will cecilia handle it? will she be a different person cause of it? h...
69.6K 1.7K 52
This story takes place 7 years after Rory turned down Logan's proposal. What happens when Logan and Rory run into each other in New York City? Loga...