Jamanchu (ongoing)

By SrikandiAsiaLove

A mix of reality and imaginary love story. Inspired by perfect chemistry on and off screen of Lee Min-Ho & Ki... More

SHE
HE
SILVER CHARM
GOLDEN NIGHT
POP ART
MUSE
KING
LAND AND SEA
HAUNT
CAP
PEAK
MISSING
ITCHY
FALL
SWAY
SLOW
GREEN
PICTURE
ACHE
TURBULENT
THE NOTE
DECEMBER
BRUISED
SUNRISE
STAY
HOME
FROZEN
MORN
DOOR
GASP
GAMES
EPIC
BABY
DATE
SENT
TIDE
SAYS
CRAZY
REAL
NAKED
UNBREAKABLE
FIRE
SEXY
FATE
COOL
EMPTY
DEEP
HOT AND WET
YOUR THOUGHTS
BUSTED!
CONFIRM
TRUTH OR DARE
DIRTY
YOURS
PLAN
WHENEVER
GIRLFRIEND
PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE
BECAUSE
DEAD
DOUBT
DAFFODILS
DAUGHTER
BOYFRIEND
ARASSEO
NO REPLY
DAWN
TODAY
MISS V
SUE
LEFT
DARN!
LOVE LUST
FAINT
EXPECT
MEMORY
PAST
LUCK
TREAT
WISH
STOP
SECOND LEAD
BOND
WHITE
RING
PROMISE
TRUST
FAITH
LOST
HELPLESS
REEL REAL
BEAUTIFUL
VC.
STOLEN
PERFECT
BREAK
ALWAYS
REAL DEAL
STRONGEST
TO THE BONE

HERO

2K 122 388
By SrikandiAsiaLove

Jan 26, 2020
KGE's parents' house
7 pm

"Imino..."
"Hmmm?"
"Can I ask you something?"
"Ask then..."
"Am I bad? Am I ugly?"
"Mwo??"
"Answer me."
"Yaaah?!"
"Imino! Am I??"
"Wae??"
"Am I no g..."

Knock knock

They were both startled. Someone knocked on LMH's car window. LMH opened the door when he knew it was Appa Kim.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Kim."
"Annyeonghaseyo, LMH-sshi."
"How are you, Sir?"

Silence.

Mr. Kim was looking at KGE instead from the open door rather than to answer LMH's greeting. KGE gazed at Mr. Kim's sad eyes. KGE tried to smile at her father, though, when LMH was in a daze. As for Mr. Kim didn't answer LMH's greetings to the moment Mr. Kim straightly questioned his daughter, LMH knew something was up.

"Euniyah... Are you alright?" Appa Kim's voice sounded sad when he asked his daughter.
LMH frowned.
Why did Appa Kim ask her like that?
And why with the voice too?
Why was he so sad?

Baby...
What is it now?
Why with your Appa?
Did something happen?
You didn't tell me anything.
Are you hiding something from me?

KGE got out of the car and walked towards her father, who looked worried and troubled.

She didn't say anything but hugged him so tight.
Then she sobbed.
She cried sadly.

LMH stunned.

Baby...
What is it?
Why you cry?
Why you so sad?
Did I do you wrong?

"LMH-sshi, thank you for taking my daughter to me. I believe you should go home now." Mr. Kim nodded and sighed when he finally said,

"And from now on, let you two meet just for work, and work only. Let's stop it here."

It was a big blow to LMH's heart.
What was it with those words?
Stop them from what?
Did Mr. Kim mean it?
Why should he stop?
Stop from what?
What to stop?
What for?

LMH's brain seemed to get dulled and froze. He couldn't digest the words at all. He frowned. His eyes were searching for an answer in Mr. Kim's clouded face. He didn't like this 'stop' so much, but he didn't see the word coming from an angry father either. It was more like desperation for help. LMH tried to read the situation with his heart.

"Mr. Kim, what did you mean?" LMH's voice was deep. He wanted to understand.
He couldn't think of any better way to do but to seek for Mr. Kim's answer. LMH knew the risk of his action; Mr. Kim probably would get angry at him. But he didn't care; he would take that risk.

If there were the scariest monster LMH had to face, it would be a daughter's father. But LMH would defy this father even if it means he had to get hurt. Oh yes, he would go and fight him for this particular daughter.

"Appa..." KGE's broken voice made LMH unconsciously tried to reach for her, but he managed to stop his hand from taking her. She was still in her father's embrace.

"Euniyah... Let's get inside; it's cold..." Mr. Kim gazed at his daughter's face; his eyes spoke his concerns. He exhaled heavily before he turned his face to LMH, who stood with his worried look.

"LMH-sshi, gamsahabnida... once again, I believe Euniyah needs a good rest now," His voice was a little shaky, as if the cold had hit him hard. But looking at his face, LMH doubted that it was from the cold.

"Mr. Kim, may I know what is happening here? Why did you say we need to stop? What to stop?" LMH's voice showed his real emotion. His voice was a little pitchy now. LMH was annoyed and confused at the same time. He refused to say goodbye to his crying girlfriend.
"Shouldn't we talk about it?" LMH's voice was demanding.
His eyes never left Mr. Kim's face.

KGE turned her head to her determined boyfriend. She knew LMH would act like that. But she was still surprised, though. This man was something. Aside from his boyish and spoiled demeanor, he was a real man on the inside. He wouldn't let go of the matter smoothly. KGE knew how difficult the situation was for LMH right now. To defy, a daughter's father was on another level. She got her heart warmed by LMH's determination.

"Imino..." She choked and released herself from her father's embrace.

"Euniyah... Gaja!" Mr. Kim grabbed her wrist and tugged her to go inside, but KGE shook her head and said,

"Appa, LMH sanbae didn't do anything wrong..." She choked again as her tears falling down her face. "He didn't know anything... I need to talk to him..." KGE held her father's hand and asked him to release her by the look in her eyes.

Mr. Kim gazed at KGE's teary eyes; he looked reluctant to agree with her wish.

"Euniyah..." Mr. Kim exhaled heavily and shut his eyes before he spoke. "Arasseo... But I don't think it's a good idea..."

"Mr. Kim...chaebal..." LMH tried to make eye contact with Mr. Kim, who seemed to avoid him. LMH was so ready to challenge Mr. Kim's disagreement. LMH needed an explanation from this father and daughter when KGE finally spoke to her dad,

"Appa, It's okay... I need to... I want to..." She nodded at her restless father.

Mr. Kim looked like he was about to refuse his daughter's wish. But to LMH's fortune, Mr. Kim seemed to decide to let his daughter fulfilled her wish to talk to her boyfriend instead.

LMH knew that Mr. Kim had always been a wise man, and he always trusted his daughter with all his heart. To trust his daughter was the one thing that LMH admired about Mr. Kim from so many things he had been doing as a father.

"Sanbaenim... Mianhae..." KGE looked into LMH's eyes and said, "It's not something that you don't know... It's just getting out of hand now, somehow... The bashing and bullies..."

LMH frowned; he didn't get what she meant. He looked at KGE's trembling lips, how he hated that sight. He needed to take her to his embrace, but he managed to hold himself. LMH turned his attention to Mr. Kim instead.

"Mr. Kim, let GoEun-nie explains everything to me... I need to know the details... " LMH eyes sharply looked into Mr. Kim's eyes. This boy wouldn't take any rejection nor arguments from the look on his face.

"I let you two talk then... I'll be waiting inside ..." Mr. Kim sighed as he nodded at KGE and glanced at LMH. "I hope you would understand after Euniyah told you all, LMH-sshi..."

LMH just gazed at Mr. Kim's worried look without answering him. He didn't want to say anything, though.

"Gamsahabnida, Appa..." KGE spoke shakily.

Mr. Kim gazed at KGE's face; he nodded again before he walked towards the house. He left them to talk. LMH exhaled heavily after Mr. Kim was out of sight. He looked at KGE's eyes intently.

"What is it, GoEun-nie?" His eyes scrutinized her face. Sadness in her eyes as tears were falling again on her face.

LMH hated to see those falling tears. He moved closer and wiped them gently. He hugged her tight now and mumbled,

"Baby... Is it about that ridiculous Knetz again?"
She sobbed.
"Did they do something to your family?"
She nodded and cried a little louder.
"Is there something to do with me?"
She nodded again and trembled.
"Why didn't you tell me anything?"
She choked and shook her head.
"Baby... Who am I to you?"

KGE went silent.
She looked up to gaze into LMH's deep and dark eyes.
She saw the hurt in his eyes. KGE tightened her embrace and rested her head on his chest.

"Mianhae..." She whispered.

LMH sighed and rested his chin on her head as he stroked her back gently.
"What did they do now?"
"Old and new..."
"What's old?"
"My ugliness."
"What's new?"
"That I was a pornstar."

Silence.
LMH shut his eyes at the word 'pornstar.' He knew of those harsh insults directed at her, but 'pornstar'? That was seriously something outrageous, and KGE had so many rights to sue those people!

LMH read some of those reproaches and condemns for her first debut but never heard the title. Or he just missed it?

KGE was highly honored because of her fantastic acting in her first big movie. All LMH knew and got from The Muse were her extraordinary talent and beauty in and out. He knew that those people always tried to undermine KGE's dignity and honor by telling untrue stories. But now this? LMH couldn't imagine the damage KGE had now in her heart.
He blew his breath and asked her again,

"Is that all?"
"And about pairing with you..."
"What about it?"
"I am too ugly to be your leading lady..."
"..."

"That I have no talents..."
"..."

"That I am a mediocre actress with a lot of sponsors."
"..."

"That they prefer another actress to play with you than to watch my bad acting."
"..."

"That you might get yourself failed in the drama because of me... I am a bad influence."

Silence.

"Anything else?"
"They compare me to your ex-es."
"Anything else?"
"They started the war between fandoms."
"Anything else?"
"They compare me with your other leading females."
"Anything else?"
"I am the ugliest leading lady..."
"Anything else?"
"They said I look like a donkey."
"Anything else?"
"They compare that donkey with my face."
"Anything else?"
"They tagged all those bullies and bashes to Appa and Eonnie..."
KGE suffocated at the end of her answer.

Silence
LMH shut his eyes.
KGE started to weep.

"Appa texted me up when we had lunch at your parents'... The picture they tagged him was from the Muse...the particular scene... And they were saying horrible things under the picture..."
KGE sobbed softly as she quivered but tried to continue to say.

"Appa was worried that they tagged you too... those hatreds towards me... tagged to you..."

LMH gritted his teeth; he tried to hold his growing anger.

"The picture was seriously ill... The important story behind the real scene was gone... I looked different... I looked like a real..." KGE didn't finish her sentence as LMH put his finger on her lips. He didn't want to listen to that horrible word anymore. He shook his head; he tried to brush aside the thoughts.

LMH was silent when he heard all the things she said. He just hugged her tighter and let her cried. He didn't know what to say either. He felt like his heart was stabbed by a thousand swords. He was in great pain, but he couldn't die. It was agonizing, indeed.

LMH hated everything he heard.
He loathed every bully and bash that was sent to his girlfriend and her family.
He despised those people who threw their hates and envies at KGE.
He detested them all. He felt hostility toward those evil and malicious people.
He was so angry.
He was furious.
Enraged.

LMH shut his eyes.
The pain stung in his heart.
It was painful, and felt awful.
The hurt he had never felt before.
He never impaired this way before.
He couldn't imagine KGE's family's feelings.
Now LMH knew why Mr. Kim was so sad and distant.
And LMH was a part of the hatred, somehow.
He endangered the situation even more.
LMH was dangerous to his daughter.
Now, he got what Mr. Kim felt.
LMH felt his pain, too.
LMH was hurt, too.

"Baby... I'm sorry for what happens." LMH tightened his embrace and nuzzled her hair as he murmured. "I promise you; everything will be alright." He closed his eyes as he promised himself that he would do anything within his power to fix things for her though he didn't know-how, yet.

They stayed like that for a moment or two. LMH just let KGE cried until she thought it was enough for her to cry and stopped.

"I don't know what I should do... Appa was so shocked and upset. He thought that I should try my best to avoid their hatred." KGE's sighed.
She stopped crying, though.
KGE cupped LMH's face on her palms and looked into his eyes as she said,

"Sanbaenim...please forgive my dad; he is despondent and worried about me." She kept looking into his dark eyes and continued saying, "This is not the first time, but it's just getting harder than the last time. Especially when I... when we are paired for this new drama." She exhaled heavily.

LMH gazed at her eyes and tried to smile.
"I apologize to you and your family." He chocked.

"It's not your fault." KGE rubbed LMH's lips with her thumb gently and said, "But... Appa thought that it's not a good idea to... I mean... Not a good idea for me to be with you... At least not until the drama is done filming." She exhaled.
"And maybe... Will never be good..." KGE's voice cracked by her choke.
LMH chocked as well.

"What do you mean?" LMH was worried now.
"You heard him... you heard me..." KGE sighed.
"I heard him, I heard you, but I don't get it!" LMH exclaimed.
"We should keep it professional... not personal..." She gulped.
"NO WAY!"

Silence.

The thought of being apart from her because of the reason made him furious. His heart burnt. He swore he would do justice to those malicious people. He refused to give in to their evil deeds. He would stay, and he would make sure his girlfriend and her family were saved. He promised himself not to ever give up on her. Never.

"Baby, you are personal to me..." LMH sighed. He felt so heavy in his heart.
"Imino..." KGE stroked his back up and down gently.
"I don't need your dad's advice on this matter. I am sorry." He sounded mad.
"Sanbaenim..." KGE could only mumble.
"Wae? Are you going to do what your Appa asked us to do?
"..."

"Don't even think about it!!"
"I need to make my family feel safe...sanbaenim."
"Euniega..."
"Let's think of the best way for everything..."
"I'll talk to your dad..."
"I hope Appa will listen..."
"I'll talk to SSW sajang..."
"Imino..."
"He HAS to take action on everything!"
"He will... Imino... I know he will... but..."
"But what??"
"But my dad, mom, eonnie... they are already hurt."

LMH hugged her tightly as if he was about to lose her. He was so afraid of losing her. He didn't even want to think of losing her. He couldn't accept that; he wouldn't take that ever to happen.

"Baby... Euniega... Let's face it together... Chaebal..." LMH exhaled as he put his arms around her and buried his face in her hair.

LMH thought he could burst into a cry anytime soon. He knew that his baby girl was in pain. She was hurt. And he couldn't bear it.

"Imino... I am sorry... I got you into this... my worst nightmare..." KGE sighed.
"Your nightmare is mine, too. I don't care..." LMH choked back tears.
"I don't care if this nightmare kills me... but I won't let it kills my family..."
"Al-a... Arasseo..."
"I would do anything for my family..."
"Arasseo..."
"They don't deserve the hatred."
"You don't either!"

Baby,
I hope you stay strong.
I know you are adamant.
But this time, I need you to be stronger than ever.
I somehow become the reason for your nightmare.
I know why your dad said those words; he meant it.
And I'm not angry with him.
He is your hero.
But... I need you to stay with me.
As much as I need to stay with you.
I'll try my best to find a way.
Let me protect you.
And be your hero.
Let me be...
Your hero.

"Sanbaenim... let's get inside... It's getting colder now..." She shivered. She hugged him tightly as if he could disappear any time soon, that she would lose him forever. LMH hugged her with the same intensity.
He sighed and said,

"I don't know now... Should I?" LMH was not sure about getting inside and talk to Mr. Kim.
"You don't want to?" KGE questioned him as she gazed into his eyes again.
"I don't feel good... I don't want to push your dad..." His voice was unsure.
"I am sorry that you don't feel good, nae sarang..." KGE whispered before she kissed his cold cheek.
"Argh... I hate this situation! I apologize to you in advance if I somehow defy your father later..." LMH said it firmly. He looked for any disapproval in KGE's eyes.

KGE smiled instead and loosened her embrace as she held his hand tenderly.
"Gaja..." She tugged him to walk towards the house.
"Baby..." As he let her tugged him.
"Ye, sanbaenim..."
"Saranghae..."
"Nado..."

Beep
1 message received
KB
"So, are you two engaged or what? I got a little confused because she didn't put the ring on her finger yet, and you don't have the other couple's ring either. Is it safe to say she's still free?"

Beep
1 message received
Eonnie
"Why all these craps are getting more frightening when you are with LMH?? Did you guys publicly announced your love story already? Why these EX-es seem to be important now??? Is LMH really a player? Why is it always YOU who get all the hatred?? And Why your amazing Eungyo made them call you PORNSTAR????? WAEEEEEEEEE??????? 😡☠💩And why they compare you with his previous co-stars? And they said you're the ugliest????? I DON'T WANT HIM ANYMORE!!! I'm brokenhearted now... I love you, Euniyah... But please RECONSIDER!!!"

*****

KGE's parents' house.
8 pm

The room was empty; there was no sign of Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim. It wasn't like they were having the Seollal day at all. They still have another Seollal day tomorrow. But somehow, it was ended early now. Everything was ruined by those bashing and bullies on the SNS. KGE sighed in her sadness.

"Sanbaenim, please wait here... I'll get Appa to see you..." KGE let LMH sat in the living room and went to get her parents. LMH sat and closed his eyes. He felt like the house didn't welcome him tonight. The feeling wasn't the same as the first time he came to meet KGE's parents. He blew his heavy breath and tried to calm his mind.

The pictures were still amazing to look at. He turned his head to where Mr. Kim displayed KGE's trophies and awards. The warmth in his heart as he saw the picture of KGE smiling sweetly on the wall behind the glass cabinet. She was the brightest star in his eyes. He couldn't see her in any other way. He started to wonder. Was it just because he was in love with her, or was it just the way she was.

Beep
"Hyeong! Are you really in love with GoEun-ah?"

MWO??
GoEun-ah??
When are you two get close??
Jinjihage??
BRAT!!

...Typing...
"Yaaaah!!! What do you think?? And don't you dare call MY GIRLFRIEND GoEun-ah without my permission!"

...sent...

LMH frowned. This naughty boy always had his way to tease him. But LMH sensed that this time, KB didn't tease him at all. He was serious with his intention.

KB was still in his military duty right now. He was on his leave for Seollal day and had his chance to come and join the lunch at LMH's parents' house today. They were brothers since the BOF's days, and they had shared their young days and their journeys from boys to men. LMH knew him so well. It was like reading his own back of the hand.

Beep
"Wae?? I like to call her GOEUN-AH!! What should I call her then?? SUJI-AH???"

...Typing...
"BRAT!!! If I weren't at my baby's parents' house, I would call you NOW! And IF you were here, I swear I'll whack that stupid smile!"

...Sent...

This was getting interesting now, LMH thought. This so-called 'bad boy' definitely challenged him. He would take his challenge. Oh, yes, he would! LMH gritted his jaw-the adrenalin in his blood.

Beep
"Baby... sounds sweet for her, indeed. It suits her so well. I love it. I'll call her baby too for her cute and lovely face. I don't think I disagree with you, hyeong."

LMH shut his eyes. He would go to this annoying brat's whereabouts if only he could. This boy needed a blow in his head for sure. Literally.

...Typing...
"Do you like her? I'm not surprised, chingu! I like her long before I knew her. So yes, you can try to pursue her IF ONLY you could beat me!"

...Sent...

LMH sent his challenge. He took the risk. He knew KB would take it.
They were brothers, and they had sworn always to be honest about everything, including girls. They agreed always to open up and compete with each other if they happened to like the same girl. And LMH knew this time KB was in his mission. He could see the sparks in KB's eyes today when he stole glances at KGE.

Beep
"How can I beat you when I don't have many chances to be with her? 😅 I wish I were discharged already, now. For her, I would try to beat you, chingu!"

LMH smirked.

Let's see chingu!
You can dream about her.
But she's my dream and reality.
She's mine!
Mine!!

"LMH-sshi..." Mr. Kim's voice startled LMH, who was clenching his fist when his eyes were staring sharply on his phone's screen. If there weren't anyone around, LMH would probably have swallowed his cellphone.

"Mr. Kim..." LMH sat up and bowed. He glanced at KGE, who stood beside her dad.
"Please sit down..." Mr. Kim nodded and sat across from LMH.
"Gamsahabnida..." LMH smiled at Mr. Kim before he sat.
"Eunieyah... Leave us alone, please..." Mr. Kim turned his head to KGE.

KGE glanced at her dad and nodded. She looked at LMH's eyes and smiled before she left. LMH knew this conversation would be a man to man talk. LMH was glad that Mr. Kim decided to talk with him. It was all LMH needed.

"I believe you've heard everything..." Mr. Kim looked at LMH's face and exhaled as KGE was out of sight. Mr. Kim seemed so tired and sad. His friendly smile wasn't there. LMH felt sorry and hurt for him.
"Ye, Mr. Kim, GoEun-nie told me everything..." LMH exhaled too.
"I know I have made you upset... I apologize..." Mr. Kim gazed at LMH's eyes.
"I understand, Mr. Kim. I would say the same..." LMH smiled.
"I meant it..." Mr. Kim stared at LMH's face; he tried to read LMH's reaction.
"I know... and I meant what I said, too, Mr. Kim." LMH smiled again.
"What did you say?" Mr. Kim frowned. He didn't remember LMH said anything to him.

"I didn't say it to you, Mr. Kim. But I have promised myself that I will take care of your daughter." LMH paused. He let Mr. Kim understood every single word he said. "You've asked me to take care of your daughter when we had lunch at your rooftop." LMH looked into Mr. Kim's surprised eyes.

Silence

"Mr. Kim, I know it is hard, and it is ugly, everything GoEun-nie told me." LMH sighed. "But it's not the end of the world. So many people love your daughter too, and they are willing to protect her." LMH tried to make every word he said was well taken by Mr. Kim, who looked like he was drowning in his deep thinking.

Silence

"I am one of those people who love her." LMH stared at Mr. Kim's face and continued saying,
"I love her, whether she is good or bad. I love her the way she is. And she is the best."

Silence

Beep
1 message received
Feisty Noona
"Dongsaeng, some of Knetz tagged you with some horrible hashtags about GoEun-ah. We have checked them all, and we can track them down. Our IT team is working on it. The good thing is you haven't been active for a month! They are seriously outrageous. If you want to sue them, I'm on your back!"

LMH glanced at Mr. Kim, who seemed to try to digest everything he said. LMH never thought that he would have this conversation with Mr. Kim. LMH would love to have a happy matter rather than this miserable circumstance to talk about with this sweet father.

"LMH-sshi... I want to believe that you do love my Eunieyah..." Mr. Kim shut his eyes and said, "But, I don't like my daughter to suffer for being compared to some people she has nothing to do with...when you did."

LMH knew that they would come to the matter. They finally went to the most sensitive issue now. It was about him now. Those malicious people spread their hate towards KGE because of him. LMH sighed. He knew that he became one of the reasons they called KGE ugly donkey now.

Besides the insult towards her face and appearance, KGE was compared to LMH's ex-es and previous co-stars severely. LMH didn't understand why they even did that when he was the one who felt love or not. They didn't stop there. They criticized her talent in acting because of him, too.

LMH knew that as her father, Mr. Kim would consider him as a danger. A danger that would damage his daughter. A threat that needed to be avoided and prevented.
LMH was a dangerous threat to KGE.
Unfortunately.
Sadly.

This is it.
I know we will come to this part, Appa.
I hope you would understand if I against you.
I love your daughter.
I won't leave her.
Not in these circumstances.
Not now.
Not ever.

"Mianhae, Mr. Kim. I don't know how to explain that to you and GoEun-nie... I can't deny it either... I understand your feeling, Mr. Kim. It is indeed, irritating. It's upsetting; I am upset too." LMH choked.

"Gamsahabnida, LMH-sshi for your understanding. I can't help my heart to feel the pain and hurt because of those ridiculously irritating bullies." Mr. Kim shrugged.

"My Eunieyah might not as beautiful as your other lady friends, LMH-sshi... But for me, she is my most beautiful baby. And it hurts me when they say bad things about her appearance. I don't compare my daughter with other people's daughter, so yes... it's sad." Those deep sad eyes were glass glazed now. LMH saw the deep wound from the look in Mr. Kim's eyes. Mr. Kim held back his tears.
LMH tried to hold back his as well.

Silence

LMH was tongue-tied. He couldn't say anything as he didn't know what he should say either.

They were with their own thoughts for some time. And LMH finally said,

"Mr. Kim, I never compare your daughter to any of those insignificant people either. I don't need to." He paused.
"I see your daughter not only with my bare eyes. I see her with my heart." LMH swallowed hard.

LMH didn't try to make a good impression by saying those words, but he felt like he tried too hard to explain how he saw KGE when he couldn't describe it by words.
What he saw in KGE was indescribable.
She was his heart.
Only his heart saw her beauty.
His eyes could not define her beauty.
She was too beautiful in words for him.

"When will they stop, LMH-sshi?"
"I don't know, Mr. Kim."
"Then let's stop them now."

Silence.

"Do you know how to stop them, Mr. Kim?"
"I know one thing..."
"May I know how?"

Silence

"You need to release her." Mr. Kim exhaled heavily.

Silence

"Mianhae, Mr. Kim..." LMH gazed at Mr. Kim's and firmly said,

"I can't."

LMH's stern eyes looked deeply into Mr. Kim's eyes. They spoke by their eyes.

The ding from the clock startled both of them. It was 9 pm now.
The two men stared at each other.

"LMH-sshi...If you truly loved Eunieyah..."
"Oh yes, I do, Mr. Kim... I love her truly!"
"Then help me ... "
"I will help you, Mr. Kim."
"I mean, help me to do what I believe you have to do."
"I don't believe what you believe, Mr. Kim...mianhae..."
"What do you believe then, LMH-sshi?"
"I believe I and GoEun-nie together..."
"Then they will do the worst!"
"Let them be, Mr. Kim; we can't stop them anyway..."
"I believe we can!"
"I doubt it!"
"We need to stop them!"
"I would love to If we could!"
"I want them to stop!"
"Likewise, Mr. Kim, likewise!"
"Then why you stay?!"

LMH sighed.

"I will stay, and I won't let them win."
"They will harm us even more!"
"Let them be..."
"WAE?!"

LMH smiled and softly said,
"They will always there, Mr. Kim...no matter what we do or we try...they won't leave us in peace..."

"How do you know?" Mr. Kim frowned.

"As long as there is love, there is always be hate, too."

Silence
Mr. Kim was stunned.

Beep
1 message received
KB
"Whaaa!! I just read some of the malicious bashings over OUR baby!!!! And the reason is you, hyeong! Aigoooo... Now I really wish that I was discharged already! I'll be her hero! I promise you! I'll kill every one of them for her!!"

...As long as there is love, there is always be hate, too...
LMH to Appa Kim.

*****

Jan 27, 2020
LMH's car, highway.
1 am.

LMH drove his car so fast. The road was empty. He was smiling all the way. The song on the radio matched his mood and the story of the day.

Beep
1 message received
KB
"The world without dramas is boring! And SHE IS OUT OF THOSE BORING LEAGUES!!! I just finished watching EUNGYO!🔥🔥 Daebak!! Can I have her number? I am her biggest fan now! You're so damn lucky, hyeong! BUT! Every drama needs the second lead. And I am so proud to be her second lead 😉 Be ready hyeong!! Send my warmest regards to our baby."

LMH came to an agreement with Mr. Kim. They would stay low but never let go of the love LMH and KGE were having now. All LMH and KGE needed was his blessing. And Mr. Kim decided to trust the man his daughter was in love with. LMH couldn't stop his smile.

The night seemed to look prettier than ever for LMH. Every moment of the conversation between him and Mr. Kim was worth remembering.

1 voice note received
KB
"Hyeong... I'll be discharged around March. I will be having my new drama soon after. The lead actor has been confirmed. It's LDW sunbae! Don't you think it's fate? All these connections? When I decided that I need more information about baby Gon...and voila!! Fate let me work with my sunbae, who is very close to our baby. Just wait for the days when I am around, hyeong! Saranghae!"

Incoming call
Euniega

"Yeoboseyo..."
"Hey, you..."
"Hey, baby..."
"Gamsahabnida..."
"No problem..."
"Be careful..."
"I will..."
"Bogoshipo..."
"I know..."
"Saranghaeyo..."
"I know..."
"You know everything!"
"Not everything..."
"I hope not..."
"Wae?"
"Boring!"
"Hahaha... am I boring?
"Not yet..."
"Yaaah!!"
"Imino..."
"Ye..."
"I'm happy now..."
"I am too..."

Silence

The music and the lyric on the radio were enough for them to stay silent for a while. They enjoyed the song together from the phone.

No matter where you go...
We hold each other tightly
Let's go,
shall we see even if we run anywhere, somehow I'll be next to you,
you can cry as much as you want
then let's get back, bravely
you can get tired, I'll hug youIt's okay, even if it's a little slow, even if you walk slowly only I will go with you anywhere,
of course, let's go hand in hand
I

love you. Will you match your eyes until the light seeps into your face
let's go now with me let's run away

(Run with me, SoonWooJunga)

"I'm updating my IG now... This song is for you, Imino..."
"IG... I forgot I have one..."
"You've been absent since the new year."
"I will use it later..."
"Sounds serious..."
"I am. Thank you for reminding me."
"Don't tell me you have a plan for IG."
"Oh, yes I do!"
"May I know?"
"You'll know!"
"Haisshh!!
"Baby..."
"Hmm..."

Silence

"What is it, sanbae?"
"Don't ever stop..."
"Stop what?"
"Bugging me!"
"Mwo?"
"Just keep bugging me and using me! I'm all yours, through good and the bad."
"Sanbaenim..."
"When the world hates you, I will love you, Kim Go Eun."
"Imino..."
"When the world against you, I will stand by you."
"LMH-sshi..."
"When the world turns its back on you, I will be the one who holds you!"

"..."

"Did you hear me?"

Silence

"I want to be your hero..." LMH sighed and said,
"I can't be your first, but let me be your second after your Dad."

KGE softly sobbed.
"Lee Min Ho, you are my hero."

...A hero is someone with a heart full of love...be a hero, then you'll find your hero...
-SAL-

*****

Jan 27, 2020
LMH's parents' house
10 am.

Knock knock

"Who is it??"
"LMH-sshi..."
"What is it, Madam Go?"
"Pardon, LMH-sshi..."
"Mwo?"
"KB-sshi is here..."

Silence

The door was opened, and KB's happy smile was the first thing LMH saw.

"Joh-eun achim, Min Ho hyeong. Let's have a date with our baby today!"

🥰 KB be like.
🤬 LMH be like.

🖤

Dec 4, 2020

Writer's note:

Dear friends and readers,
It's been days since the last chapter. I hope you are all safe and healthy.
I am a busy bee, as always. It's getting harder these days, but I finally finished this chapter.

I hope you enjoy the ride.
Let's filled our hearts with love and be the hero you are always dreaming of.
Everyone is someone's hero.
I hope this Jamanchu is your hero too.

🖤

Sending love,
SAL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 177 26
A very dark life, away from feelings which is related to the heart and playing with random women. Always visit the bar his friend's was just looking...
53.2K 3.7K 65
You're finally here; your dream vacation spot has been South Korea for years. You and your best friend finally get the adventure you've been craving...
38K 1.1K 26
Kwon Soonyoung. a popular guy that everygirl in school would dream to be his one and only. but none of them get a chance from doing so. from a high s...
12.9K 598 25
Minho is an abnormal undercover agent. He has some abilities that are out of this world. He relies on them in order to complete all his undercover mi...