Living the life! | ✓

By lil417

Naina Rao: She's a 22 year old engineering graduate. Loves to read books , write and is an intellectual think... More

©Copy rights
PROLOGUE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
The Characters
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
THANK YOU!!!
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
BONUS CHAPTER 1
BONUS CHAPTER 2
BONUS CHAPTER 3
NEW BOOK ALERT
SOMETHING CRAZY!!!
NEW BOOK ALERT

CHAPTER 13

13.6K 763 86
By lil417

|AUTHOR|

Naina was still standing there with her mouth wide open and shocked, wondering what the hell happened in just 5 minutes. She was still standing there. She opening and closing her mouth like a fish. She was so lost that she didn't realise that Isha and Neena had captured that beautiful moment and were now laughing at their naive friend and yet again clicking pictures of her.

When they had enough pictures of her and a good laugh at her expense, both of them stood on either side of Naina and shook her arms when she still didn't respond Isha saw the water can and a glass just a few steps away from her.

She filled the paper cup with water looked at Neena with a smirk who chuckled and gave a thumbs up. 3, 2, 1 and boom she threw the water on Naina's face. Naina blinked continuously trying to snap out of the weird spell she was in. "Oh Lord" she muttered.

She looked at her stupid friends who were yet again taking pictures of her. With anger she hit hard on both of their arms and walked away from there to go the room they are assigned to.

"Ouch Naina stop we're sorry!" both her friends shouted behind her laughing, they're voice drained as she walked towards the room. She was shocked to have meet the soldier who had her thoughts occupied. Oh sorry now he had a name Viraj Gupta. "Woah" she signed looking at herself in the mirror and thinking stupidly.

She looked around making sure her friends had not followed her, sighing in relief when she didn't find them she closed the room and locked the door. She pushed herself against the door still grinning stupidly not able to comprehend the fact that a man moreover a major in the Indian army had caught her not to mention he was so good looking.

"Oh my god! Holy shit! I just meet him again. Holy crap and he saved me this time" she kept of repeating this and walking around the room. She cannot believe that he was here and still is here. " Oh my god oh my god" she was jumping and dancing around the room.

"Oh my god! A man has finally noticed me and he's not just any man he's every girl's dream man. Everyone woman out there wants a man like him. Oh god oh god he said we'll meet again" she was talking to herself.

Rushing in front of the dressing table again she looked at herself scrutinizing every inch of her face and clothes. "Is this how I looked in front of him! Oh no oh no he might think I'm a creep or something!!! But why would he I mean I don't look that bad also or do I? Oh god this is driving me insane. I cannot be like this. Naina don't fall into this stupid trap again remember what happend last time? How that asshole lured you in and insulted you ? All of them are alike!!!! I can't let this affect me!" she stated strongly while looking at herself in the mirror and pointing at herself to not fall for this stupid act yet again.

After another 15 minutes of self consolation and trying to avoid a man called Viraj Gupta and reminding herself of the real goal she decided to take a deep breath, fixing her hair and make-up she removed her lens as they were irritaing her eyes and wore her glasses and then changed her top because it was soaked. "I'm going to kill Isha" she muttered irritated by her friend's stupid acts.

Just when she was about to exit the room she received a call from Isha. "Hello Miss Panctual do you want dinner or not? Get your ass here as soon as possible the food looks delicious. Are you listening or not?"she was screeching through the phone so loudly that Naina had to move the phone away from her ears.

"Oh my god! Why are you shouting??!?! I'm coming alright! I had to change my top because a certain someone threw water at me. I hate you!" " Aww cutie is angry? Don't worry that was just the beginning of revenge for what you did yesterday remember? Oh I forgot to mention your dream man is right her and looks like he's searching for someone maybe you so why don't you come as soon as possible." Isha laughed and Neena was laughing even more loudly.

"Ughhh just shut up, both of you. There's nothing there okay. Keep your mouth shut and I'm coming. I'll get you guys back for this!!!" warning them she cut the call angrily and moved towards the dining hall.

Meanwhile when Naina was in her room trying to console herself and not to fall for a certain grey eyed Major. Viraj was suddenly in a good mood and walking towards Sister Brenda's office. He was so happy to see her, he cannot believe that she's a volunteer here he can't wait to see her again. Sameer was staring at Viraj weirdly and wondering what was the sudden cause that made him change his mind.

Just then it clicked that girl who Viraj had just now caught before she could have taken the fall. A girl has caught Viraj's attention huh. He smirked looking at his older brother.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? Is there something on my face?" Viraj asked rubbing his face. "No Bhai not at all just a tinge of something red right here." Sameer said pulling his cheeks and laughing.
"SHUT UP Sam!!!! Let's go in!!!" Viraj looked embarrassed and knocked on the door before Sam could say anything else.

"Ma'am! May I come in!" Viraj asked Sister Brenda who looked busy with some paper work. She looked up from her paperwork and was shocked to see Viraj after almost 7 years. Tears started brimming in her eyes. She put her pen down got up from the chair moving towards Viraj she hugged him tightly.

He was a hero in real life. She could never forget him. It had been so long. Viraj hugged his teacher,the one who helped him when none were there remebeeing this he cried his heart out. He hasn't cried in a long time but being back here had caused so many buried emotions to stir up making him emotional.

Sameer was wiping his eyes he too was in tears. He knows the amount of pain and sadness Viraj had to endure when here was merely 5 years old. Sister Brenda moved away closed her eyes and mumbled a prayer and blessed him just like old times he smiled at her and closed his eyes.

After that she moved towards Sameer repeating the same and hugged him. "Viraj it's so good to see you after such a long time! How have you been my child?" Sister Brenda asked him with concern in her voice because she was aware about the nature of his job.

"I've been doing just fine! It gets a little rough at times but nothing that I can't handle. You know me right?" Viraj replied enthusiastically trying to joke about it a little so that his teacher wouldn't be too concerned.

"Of course I do! You're the most strongest boy that I know of!!! Hope you're being careful?" she asked him once again making sure he was being cautious enough.

Sameer could sense the tension in the air, he knew Viraj didn't really want to tell her anything because he doesn't want to worry her. He decided to cut in " Sister Brenda here's the check for this month and of course the extra amount you had asked" Sameer forwarded the check.

Sister Brenda thanked the both of them and put the check inside the drawer. The three of were talking about random things for the next 15 minutes. It was almost 7:35pm dinner time. "Okay I think it's time for me to go and join the kids. Why don't you boys have dinner here with us today? It'll be nice! Also I think today's dinner consists of a special dish."

Sameer nodded his head happily. In fact many times when he had come to give donations he had stayed back and had dinner with all the nuns and of course children. He always made funny faces which amused the children. He would rather stay here than go back home and have dinner with his vile mother no offence intended.

Viraj was a little hesitant before he could decline the polite offer Sameer answered for the both of them " It's our pleasure ma'am. We would love have dinner here." He ignored the daggers that were thrown towards him by Viraj.

"Wonderful!" Sister Brenda clapped her hands and walked towards the door both the boys followed her. Viraj quickly texted he friends that he'll be late today and won't be able to join them for dinner time.

He could hear the buzz in the dining room. All the kids were eating and so were the teachers. Sister Brenda dragged Sameer and Viraj towards where all the other teachers were eating and introduced them. In fact some of them were his old teachers and they were happy to see him. Viraj was super distracted he was searching for Naina and it didn't take even a second for him to realize that.

He was looking here and there when suddenly a table caught his eyes. They were about 6 people laughing and chatting. He could even see Naina's friends but the million dollar question was where exactly is Naina? Both her friends looked at him and giggeld like school girls. They were talking to someone on the phone and laughing their asses off.

Sameer could see the desperation in his brother's eyes and was secretly routing for the both of them to become a couple as soon as possible. Just when Sister Brenda was going to introduce the both of them to the volunteers Naina rushes in looking all frazzled and takes a seat next to her friends.

The amount of happiness that Viraj felt was enormous. He even noticed the fact that she was wearing glasses she had never worn them before. Soon enough they were near that table and brief introductions were made. "Children this is Viraj Gupta one of the best students this school has ever had. Viraj these are the volunteers and we're happy to have them."

He wasn't actually paying attention to anyone as they were introducing themselves his eyes were stuck on Naina and she was fidgeting with her hands and adjusting her glasses again and again. Sameer shoved Viraj's hand discretely that's when he snapped out.

"Hi everyone! I hope all of you are doing good and it's great to meet you. It's amazing that all of you are here and are giving your valuable time for a good cause."

"Thank you Sir for your kind words. It's our pleasure to be here and help these kids." Naina replied with sudden confidence in her voice and looked at him in the eye.

Isha cleared her throat and Neena chuckled Naina and Viraj looked embarrassed as if they were caught making out. "Why don't you boys join us for dinner?" Isha asked with a smirk on her face. Naina looked at her friend shocked and pinched her hands subtly indicating her to keep her big mouth shut but Isha could care less.

"That's a great idea my child. Viraj why don't you have dinner with these lovely people while I go and join the other teachers. You youngsters have fun. I'll see you after dinner my boy."

Isha turned her head towards Naina with a victory smile and wiggled her eyebrows. Akanksha and Siya were mesmerized looking at Viraj while Rahul and Akash looked irritated that their girls were looking at another man. So just one day in Rahul and Akankasha, Siya and Akash had started dating hence their irritation. They pulled their girlfriends and moved towards another table. Can't blame them Viraj was after all a handsome man.

All the girls were on one side of the table while all the boys on the other side. Sameer and Viraj sat right opposite to Isha and Naina while Neena was seated next to Naina. Isha looked and Naina again and smirked. While Niana was trying to avoid Isha's shoves and Neena's giggles. Isha quickly texted Naina reminding her about that stupid bet.

Naina chose to ignore that message and started relishing the chicken pasta that was in front of her. Sameer was looking at Viraj and Naina sensing their awkward stance he decided to break the ice.

"Hello girls! I'm Sameer Mishra and I would love to know the names of the three pretty girls sitting in front of me" he asked them with a charming smile. Isha smirked and decided to have some fun. " Girls? What girls? We're women if you had good eye sight you would have referred to us as women not girls" Isha said with a good amount of sass meanwhile Viraj cleared his throat and looked a little uncomfortable. Naina was biting her lips and trying to control her laughter, poor boy wanted to hit on Isha and he's caught in a spot now. Neena's face was red and she was holding her palms against her lips trying to control her laugh.

"Umm my apologies, I meant beautiful women of course. W-what else would I mean" he shuttered and drank the glass of water that was in front of him to hide his embarrassment.

" Much better" Isha replied flipping long hair over her shoulder. Naina rolled we eyes and decided to answer the poor boy. She forwarded her hand and introduced herself to Sameer "Hi! I'm Naina Rao and an engineering graduate. Also don't mind her she loves making people nervous it's one of her many qualities." Sameer smiled and shook her hand and Viraj raised his brows not liking the fact that she introduced herself to him.

"Not a problem at all I like a feisty woman. Oh and I'm Sameer Mishra CEO of Gupta Enterprises. Must have heard of it right?" he replied particularly looking at Isha who looked startled.

" Yeah Yeah of course. It's an amazing company. Forgive me for my sassy attitude. I'm Isha Sharma and I'm presuing MBA and this is Neena.B she's a medical student who's in her fourth year." Neena waved her hand with a hello.

" Pleasure to meet you all!" Sameer replied with a charming smile and Isha smiled back at him. She could not believe that the CEO of her dream company was sitting right in front of her and not to mention the fact that he's so handsome. He looks cute when he's nervous Isha thought so.

Viraj cleared his throat trying to catch everyone's attention. "I'm Major Viraj Gupta. I have meet Naina before and it's great to meet you Isha and Neena" He forwarded his hand and shook their hands like the true gentleman he was. Naina was still blushing and gushing over the fact the previous statement he had made.

Just when all the introductions were over everyone started eating the yummy chicken pasta. Everyone were eating peacefully without talking. When the food is good the only thing left to do is enjoy each and every morsel of it.

When everyone were done and getting up to keep their plates. Naina and Viraj were the last ones to get up. Viraj walked next to Naina and said "Fancy seeing you here! Didn't think I would meet you again! Are you stalking me or something? Should I be worried?" Naina looked shocked and realized he was flirting with her. Her inner self was jumping around and dancing. A man was flirting with her.

She cleared her throat kept her plate away and turned towards Viraj " I could say the same thing about you. You are the one who came here not me I was already here." Viraj laughed at her and kept his plate away and washed his hands.

"Well that's debatable. Who knows you could be witch like the ones in Harry Potter and someone made a prediction." Naina laughed at this and Viraj was mesmerized her laugh was like a breath of fresh air.

"Okay that was completely unexpected! Well then if I'm a witch you are definitely a wizard Mr. Viraj. Didn't not expect you to be a Potterhead."

"Of course I am haha also I took that test on Pottermore and guess what house did I get?" Viraj asked her his eyes gleaming. Both of them were walking towards the garden none of them are aware aboout the fact that they had already exited the dining hall. They were so lost talking to each other.

" Well I would definitely go for Griffindor. You're the brave and the loyal kind I can tell. Before you guess mine I'm a Ravenclaw" Naina replied excitedly. " So am I wrong or right major?"

He laughed when she called him Major. All he wanted to do was dance around like a 12 year old. He had never felt like this before.

"Well can't blame them for giving you the Ravenclaw house you are the clever and you're right my house was Gruffindor!"

"Yes I'm right" Naina said with an airy voice and jumped a little on her feet. This was probably the best day in their lives. Naina suddenly stopped walking looking at the moon which was shining brightly and casting the light over her face. " Woah look at the moon. It looks so pretty today!"

Viraj was still lost looking at her and hummed. "Yeah it does look really pretty" before Naina could turn and find out that he was referring to her he quickly looked towards the moon.

Viraj was about to ask more about her and probably have a longer conversation when Sameer came hounding and spoiling the conversation.

"Bhai are you ready to leave. We have to go. Your friends have called me about a million times why can't you respond to any of their texts or calls" Sameer whined looking at his phone. Sister Brenda had also come with Sameer she quickly bidded him bye and hugged him warning him to take care of himself and walked away.

" I guess it's time to leave. It's was great meeting you again Naina!" He caught hold of her hand and like a true gentleman kissed her knuckles and winked at her. Naina was gaping at him. She could not believe he had done that. She's definitely going to have a heart attack now. Lucky for him that Sam was busy with his phone walking away without noticing what had just happened.

Naina quickly snapped out clearing her throat " Bye Viraj, it was good to see you again too. Bye Sameer. Good night." Sameer looked up from his phone smiled and Naina politely "Bye Naina and good night."

With that both of them walked out of the premises but not without teasing each other and their silly banters. Naina stood there and watched until she could no longer see them. With that she walked towards her room still in a trance lucky for.her that both her friends were already asleep.

She jumped on the bed with a squeal and closed her eyes reliving the moments that had taken place just a few minutes ago.

Sameer dropped Viraj, after a bunch of phone calls from his friends and him telling them that he was fine. He too jumped on his bed with a husky laugh and feel asleep recalling the events about had taken place this evening.

***********************************
I squeezed in some time to write this chapter. Here is Chapter 13!!!! Hope you liked the conversation between Viraj and Naina. Also what you think about Smaeer and Isha? Is there something going on between them? A spark maybe?

This is my favourite chapter! They a full fledged conversation which was amazing! I enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you enjoyed reading it!!!!

If you liked this chapter please do vote and comment.

Have a great day!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 52.6K 77
She is Bubbly, He is Arrogant She is the ray of sunshine, He is full of darkness. This story about an plus size woman and an handsome man. Both are...
423K 20.7K 30
Untill yesterday she was Vihaan Singhania's bride... How did she end up marrying Ayansh Singhania!!! Ayansh Singhania- 26 years old, billionaire. A s...
1.5M 66.1K 75
They Met At A Wedding And Once The Wedding Ended, They Parted Ways To Never Meet Again, Unknown To What The Future Holds For Them Can This Pure Hatre...
52.4K 3.8K 18
"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒒𝒂" - 𝑽𝒊𝒉𝒂𝒂𝒏 "𝑰 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕...