Love Weaves A Way (Slow Updat...

By Pjcutee

Former name of the book - "His Father's Mistress" His life was filled with struggles, struggles of protecting... More

Prologue
Dramatis Personae
1. Struggles
2. A Storm
3. Hell is here
4. Only if he knew !
5. Taking credit isn't everything
6. It hurts. but why ?
7. Craving for a mother
8. Calm in your lap
9. An old enemy
10. Love and Kindness are never wasted
11. One wrong step
12. Too late to apologise
13. A best friend
14. A wish unfulfilled
15. Strangers
16. Alone
17. His remedy
18. Making me smile
19. You don't deserve it
20. I don't care
21. Bitter Memories
22. You won't change
23. Protecting what's Mine
24. Anything for her
25. I admit it
26. Hain Ji ?
Shivinder Singh
27. Topsy-turvy Lovely Ride
28. Flies around MY honey
29. Don't think too much
30. Either this way or that
31. A pile of lies
32. It's a yes !
33. Soft Corner
34. Spying spree
35. Once A Heartless.. Always A Heartless
36. Beast can't be a Prince
37. Unexpected turns
38 (a) You still don't trust him
38 (b) You still don't trust him
39. A beautiful dream
40. Innocently Naughty
41. Giving Up For Her
42. Change is constant. Bullshit !
43. Out of the blue...
44. Her brother but not HERS
45. Insecurities
46. The Queen and The Hippie
Promos
47. Let it all out
48. His Sacrifices
49. Love is a nightmare
50. Dream Come True
51. Paint a dream
52. Power
53. Not what it seems
54. Punishment for Loving
55. Punished for Sins
56. Not Abandoned
57. It's okay
58. Loosing sanity
59. Voh Jaan hai meri
61. The Father he never had

60. This is what you chose?

1.8K 260 70
By Pjcutee

Hello Darlings

ENJOY READING Darlings💕💕

_____________________________

Loosing someone is painful but the thought of loosing someone can be torturous. That fear is inexplicable, when you don't know what the future holds for you but the circumstances make sure that you feel as if this is the end.

Crying, crying, and crying was all his baby had been doing since last two days. He had no idea how to end her pain and stop her from crying. Even his loving hug couldn't make his baby feel better because she was missing Shivaay, so much she loves him.

He dialed the commissioner's number to look into the matter soon. Just when he cut the call he saw Anika getting hold of the remote control of the TV but he snatched it right away. She was sad enough already, he couldn't afford to let her see and hear all the rubbish media people had been spreading since last night, as soon as the video of Shivaay's car blast had gone viral.

There was still no news of Shivaay's whereabouts. But he wasn't in the car, according to the policemen, was the only relief they had for now. But the point was, where he was? Because he was the only one who could relieve his daughter of her sorrow.

She looked at the photo frame in her hands, unaware of her father's presence outside her room. She cried hugging the photo because he was not here with her. She couldn't even hear his voice to sooth her aching heart. She prayed to God with every breath of hers to let her know where he was, how he was, but God has no plans to let her be at peace.

Ignoring the tray of food kept on the bedside table, she lied on the bed with his photo still in her hands, held closer to her chest. Despite making a pinky promise to her father she couldn't manage to get a morsel down her throat. She wanted to do nothing but see his face and hear his voice now.

In between her sobs and her one sided conversations with his photo, she slept as her eyes burned due to the salty tears but she hardly realised that as the burning in her heart was much more painful.

She got up from the bed and ran out of her room, down the stairs as she heard voices, one of which belonged to her father, talking about Shivaay. May be they found something out about Shivaay, or may be Shivaay was back.

Disappointed. Disappointment engulfed her heart when she saw her father talking to a higher ranked officer from police department and the officer's words sank in her mind.

"We couldn't find him yet. The reason of the blast is being investigated. But about Mr. Oberoi, there's no clue. There are many probabilities. May be the blast was a plan to kill him. Or, may be he was kidnapped and the video was deliberately shot to create hype and then put forward their demands. But we can only try our level best to dig into the matter. I'll look into things myself and keep you informed, Sir."

The officer, when left, Rajveer turned to sit on the sofa and get a control over his wildly beating, nervous heart, but Anika's numb, and horror stricken face made him react and move towards her on a faster pace. He caught hold of her shoulders and caressed her cheeks to bring her out of the numbness.

"No, my baby, don't worry about what the officer said. He was just being so negative because it's his job to think about all the possibilities. But you know, my heart says nothing of such sort has happened. Our Shivaay is absolutely fine. He'll be back really soon. Just don't cry. You told me right, that he doesn't like to see you cry,just like me? Then don't cry, my baby."

Anika sobbed faintly on his chest and he closed his eyes for being so helpless. He just can't fulfil the only wish his only daughter has. He can't find the love of her life. As much as he's jealous of the boy, as much as he was angry on him, he loves his daughter and his daughter loves him and he can't deny what's so obvious.

"You have someone in your life?"

He noticed his baby's face going red and her eyes getting wide and then nervousness take over her face. He already knew the answer, but he wanted to hear it from her. He asked the same question again when she sat there in his embrace and staring at her hand that was resting on his arm that encircled her.

"N- no."

"Thank God! Now I can find a suitable groom for my doll. And I already have one in my mind."

He chuckled secretly as he felt her slipping out of his embrace like a thunderbolt. She stared at him for good five minutes to make sure she hadn't heard wrong.

"Are you okay with this? Shivaay would be perfect for you. He's Prithvi uncle's grandson, his traits, every habit he has inherited from his grandfather and that's all that I need to assure myself that you would be in safe hands, that you would be happy."

Anika stared at him blankly. What he just said sounded too good to be true. It was all so simple that she feared it was a dream meant to be broken if she woke up the next moment.

"I- why- I- mean.."

She fumbled with words but found no suitable ones to voice out her thoughts.

"Hey hey, princess, I won't force you. It was just a thought. If you don't like him it's totally fine with me. Your happiness is all..."

"NoIlikehim." She said before her mind knew it, if this is even possible biologically.

"What?" He asked, even if he had already understood his daughter's hasty reply.

He got no words but a blush on her face that he still remembers, used to be on her mother's face when someone would mention his own name. One more trait of his baby that she got from her mother, his love and his life. He sighed recalling the beautiful but painful memories of his wife but smiled as he saw Anika smiling and blushing as if she was already married.

He chuckled and pulled her in for one more bear hug.

"Anika!"

This voice. Anika's heart jumped alive again at the mere mention of her name from his voice and she looked at the door to find him standing there, completely dishevelled. His clothes creased, his hair out of place, eyes as if he hadn't slept for days and hand bandaged.

She ran towards him, knocking a vase and a table lamp out of their places. The embrace she offered him promised to break his bones but he cared tuppence, for he missed her so much mere in two days.

She pulled out of the hug only to pepper his worried forehead with kisses.

"Thank God you're fine. Papa, he's fine."

She caressed his cheeks.

"Om, see, he's fine."

She caressed his shoulders and wrapped her arms around him again.

"Where were you? You know I was- I was so scared. I thought I- I lost you..."

She cried and he feared her reaction when he would tell her where he was. He felt his resolution to tell her the truth faded due to the fear of loosing her.

"I'll tell you, Anika."

Anika looked at Om, who looked at Shivaay with a determined face and anger in his eyes.

Shivaay pleaded to his brother silently to not say anything to her but knowing Om, he knew there was no escape. And honestly, he didn't want to escape, he didn't want to hide anything from her. Let her know how foolish he had been.

"The man you were crying for since last two days, he was busy drinking himself to death in a third grade bar because he didn't want to live and see you getting married to another man."

Anika looked at Om, hearing his words and feeling his anger through those blunt words. She looked at Shivaay's crestfallen face and feared Om's words to be true.

"S- Shivaay wh- what is he saying? I kn- know that's not the truth. I- want to h- hear that from you."

He stayed silent.

"S- Shivaay, why aren't you denying what he's saying. He's- he's playing such a cheap prank on us and you.."

"What he said is right. It's- the truth."

"Why?"

"Anika I'm.."

"Why did you think like that?"

"Un- uncle called me and said he- he has fixed your marriage. And th- then you..."

"Yes. And then I called you about the 'marriage' and I sounded so happy that you thought I'm happily getting married to someone else."

Shivaay didn't reply as she just stated the obvious.

"And then you didn't even try to know who the groom was but assumed it was certainly not you? Am I right?"

The stuttering in her voice was long gone as her anger rose to peaks. She had really no idea that she had loved a dumb head.

"This- is your problem. You never try to 'know' what's the truth. You just jump to conclusions, every time."

Shivaay stayed there with his head bowed down and Anika huffed angrily. This was probably the first time she was so angry with him. She was broken when he had mistreated her but she was angry with him this time, and she truly felt she had the right to be.

"What do you want me to do, now?"

Asked Anika, arms across her chest and eyes boring holes in him.

"You can beat me, shout at me, or let your father ruin my face."

He said sadly, still not looking at her but the marble floor.

Anika felt like punching him for acting all cute and innocent like that. Just like that!

She couldn't stop herself from holding his collar in her fist and shaking him until he looked at her, with his kanji eyes wide open in shock. Yeah, that's what you get when you think the other person is really innocent and you could do whatever you want. The innocent Anika had vanished in thin air.

"Yes. That is going to happen. You'll be facing my father. You've taken me for granted, now you'll deal with my father and he'd teach you a good lesson."

Shivaay stared at her and then at Rajveer who was standing behind her, at a distance. Thank God he had not heard what Anika said. But why was he coming towards them.

"Easy.. easy, my baby. You don't have to do anything. I'm here. I'll see him, in my own way. But there's just one question I want to ask you."

Rajveer freed Shivaay's collar from Anika's hold and pulled her towards himself. When she kept glaring Shivaay he sighed and made her look at him by holding her chin between his thumb and fingers.

"Anika, my baby, just tell me one thing?"

Anika nodded, getting calm once again.

"This is what you chose? This jumping jack? Always jumping to conclusions."

Shivaay looked at the father daughter duo, especially the father specie who was openly doubting his abilities. But this time he couldn't do anything but stand there and pout everytime he is made fun of.

Anika chuckled and nodded shyly. Yes, this is what she chose. This is what she wants. His flaws are also what she loved and chose and she doesn't want to change or undo her choices.

"Just thank God my daughter loves you for real. Whatever you've done I really don't know why she's still mad for you."

Rajveer side hugged Anika and looked at Shivaay who didn't look at him back but smiled widely at Anika.

"Now what? You plan to stay here all day long and show your teeth like a stupid? Go back home and look presentable, atleast."

Shivaay frowned but stood there looking at Rajveer and gulping the embarassment within.

____________________________

So? Was this expected. Do tell me and don't forget to vote and give your reviews, HONEST and LONG ones, please, as the story is nearing it's end.

Lots of love 💕💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 38.3K 50
• • • • Attraction is spontaneous, but Relationship is not. • • • • Shivaay has celebrated celibacy so far. He has craved to be in an intimate relati...
130K 11K 41
"Why have u come here? Has they left u from the mental asylum?" Shivaay asked "Mental Asylum. Hmm.. Interesting. I was never meant to be there my dea...
378K 59.9K 78
Being the heiress of one of the richest businesses in India was not something Annika Vardhan Kabeer felt proud of. Having lost her mother at childbir...
22.8K 2.3K 44
Annika Vardhan Trivedi and Shivaay Singh Oberoi find themselves engaged in a marriage of convenience orchestrated by their families at a very tender...