Lucky Little Me (New just my...

By FallenStars98

"What are you saying?" He asked his voice getting sharp as he spoke. I could see the anger and fear in his ey... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 34

422 17 2
By FallenStars98

    I was still awake when Grey got home. I meant to stay up but I wasn't sure if I was actually going to be able to, I was so tired. However, when the front door opened and Grey walked in with L'blanc behind him, I was perched on the island, doing homework still.

     I had gotten the last assignment turned in thirty minutes late but hey, it was in I suppose. Now I was working on something that wasn't due til Wednesday.

      Grey looked at me and gave me an exhausted smile. "Hey baby." He sighed, running his hands through his hair.

    "Hey." I smiled back, setting my laptop to the side as I opened my arms. He walked over and hugged me, pulling me almost off the island as I wrapped my legs around his torso and squeezed. "Long flight?" I asked and he nodded.

      "I am so exhausted." Grey rested his head against my chest and I smiled, running my fingers lightly through his hair.

    L'blanc had grabbed Grey's bags and was taking them to the bedroom before he came back out. "Mr. Thomas, do you need anything else from me tonight?" He asked and Grey sighed. He stood up straight and turned around as I let him go.

    "not tonight L'blanc, thank you. I will call if I need you again within the next two week, otherwise I will see you in two weeks." L'blanc nodded at us before heading towards the door.

    Grey turned back to me and smiled softly. "Can we please go to bed?" I nodded, sleeping without Grey was getting easier but I didnt like it either way.

    I closed my laptop and slid off the counter as we headed towards the bedroom.

~~

    I pulled the blouse over my head as i finished getting dressed. I had managed to convince Grey to sleep in this morning but only until ten when he decided that we had to go into the office today no matter what. He had work he had to get done and I didn't want to stay here alone. I had finished a lot of my work for today I just had to finish the assignment I was working on last night.

    I had dressed in black leggings, riding boots, and a soft pink blouse that I was going to pair with a tan blazer for the day. My hair was up so it was out of my face and I was ready to go for the day.

    Grey was getting breakfast ready so that we could eat before we left. I made sure I had my bag before heading into the kitchen. "Here." Grey slid a plate to me on the island as I sat down. "You look good today." He smiled at me, pulling bit bottom lip into his mouth and biting it.

     I grinned, shaking my head. "I always look good."

    "Of course you do." Grey chuckled sitting down next to me as we eat in peace. He talked a bit about what he was doing at work today and how the weekend went. They had finished blueprints for the building and decided on where they wanted it, now it was a matter of securing permits and buying the land. Grey was hoping he could get both of those done over the next two weeks that way when they go back he can begin working with the construction company.

    "Its a really good opportunity, I'm really glad that we are able to get it started to early." I nodded along, not having much to put into the conversation because I wasn't able to go this weekend since I had assignments.

    "sounds great, I'm glad its all going so well." I really was, he was really happy about it, exhausted, but really excited.

    "Yep, what are you doing for the next trip, do you wanna come with me?" I thought about it for a moment. I didn't think I had anything that weekend, i could probably come with.

    "Yes please." I decided as he smiled. He liked it when I accompanied him on the trips, and i didn't really like being away from him for the entire weekend alone in a flat so it worked out.

    "Does Seth get that weekend off then?"

    "Unless he wants to come? I don't see why not." Grey always gave the option to Seth on those weekend that i was going to go. He usually stayed back, came in and watered the house plants that I had gotten since moving in with Grey and that was pretty much it.

    The only other person with a key to the flat was Jarak.

    "Okay, lets get going then. I need to get a head start on a project we are working on this month." We finished our breakfast and I washed the two plates quickly before putting them on the drying rack.

    I grabbed my coat and backpack as we headed out the door. Seth was waiting in the car downstairs already as he had gotten it warmed up. We slid in and took off.

    We didnt really have any specific plans this week, just to hang out and relax for most of the evening. That's what we usually did on the Mondays that Grey cam home on. It was nice though, I usually tried to have my assignments done that way I could relax as well.

    We pulled into the parking lot and Seth let us out before parking. Things had gotten laid back again, it was no longer him following us into the buildings as soon as we arrived and someone else parking the car, things returned to normal by now.

    Grey headed to his office as I stayed back to hangout with Cecilia. "Hey, how was the rest of your weekend?" She had been over on Saturday to 'hang out' with me.

    "It was good. I got a lot done, surprisingly." That was usually the goal, it just sometimes didn't get accomplished. That was college though.

    "Good, I'm glad." She grinned. I nodded as I heard the elevator ding and I knew that meant Seth was here. I winked at her before turning and heading towards my conference room to set up for the day.

    The day was pretty uneventful and before i knew it, we were already heading home. Grey slid into the car after I did, and pulled out his phone.

    "Who ya texting?" I asked.

    "Olivia." Olivia was the designer of the building that he was constructing. I had met her once, Grey flew her out here for two days so they could discuss layouts, he was on a time crunch and needed it done soon.

    "Ah, bout what?" I asked, being nosy. She was nice, I think, we didn't get to converse much.

    "The fifth floor lobby. There's an issue with one of the desiring layouts she wants to put in." I nodded, biting my lip.

    "Yeah, and actually while i have you here." He said and put the phone down for a moment, turning to me. I raised an eyebrow at his behavior, like something's as serious. "Saturday is going to run a little late on the next weekend, and i know you're going to be with me, so, Olivia suggested we all get dinner. That way she and I can discuss what we are doing for the building and you're not sitting at a hotel room alone. Would you want to?"

    I thought about it for a moment. I third wheel my boyfriend and his designer while they talk about business and I sit and eat while playing on my phone. How different would that be from a hotel? Its not like I needed to babysit him?

    "Would it just be us three?" I asked.

    "Oh, no of course not. Olivia would bring her girlfriend." Girlfriend, as in, Olivia was gay. Hmmm, now why didn't he tel me that earlier.

    "Sounds fun!" I smiled as he began laughing.

    "okay." He laughed as he shook his head. I leaned into him as he put his arm around me. "Nate called me today."

    "Oh?" We hadn't heard from Nate since the night he got arrested and Grey bailed him out. I had wondered what had happened, I had just never gotten up the nerve to ask, it wasnt really my business. "How did that go?"

    "Interesting. He apologized about the night at the police station. Apologized for punching you, several times actually." I had almost forgotten he had punched me. That was such a weird night.

    "Oh yeah?" Was that all he called for?

    "Yep."

    "Did he tell you what he got arrested for?" I asked and he nodded, smiling.

    "Of course he did, nosy." He chuckled. Of course i wanted to know. "Apparently Kim and him broke up." Did we already know this? I think we had assumed this, but we figured they would get back together. "Something happened and he said he wasn't taking it well, so he went to get a drink with a friend and had more to drink than he had planned obviously. After that he got into a fist fight with some bigger dude at the bar and it went south. But he wanted to call to make sure that we didn't hate him and he asked if Jarak and I wanted to go out sometime soon."

    "So he asked you on a date?" I grinned as grey broke out into a smile as well.

    "That is what you get out of that?" I shrugged, curling up further into Grey's body.

    "Yep, what did you say?"

    "I said yes. I can't be to pissed off at him for getting drunk and getting arrested, god knows I have done worse. I am still pretty pissed that he hit you." I just nodded, I knew he wasn't going to get over that super soon. "Did I mention that he apologized like ten times for that?" I laughed, shaking my head.

    "I think you mentioned it." I nodded.

    We pulled into the parking garage and Seth parked the car. I sat up and clutched my coat around me, prepared to get out into the cold parking garage. "Seth you don't need to follow us up today, you're free to go." Grey said as we got out.

    Seth nodded, thanking us and then taking off in his own direction. Grey grabbed my hand as we headed for the elevators. "Hey." I grinned, looking at him as we waited for the elevator.

    "hm?" He hummed, turning to me and raising his eyebrows.

    "I'm glad you're home." He broke out into a grin, leaning down and kissing me softly.

________________

Hi guys. So the rest of the book is set, I have the outline drawn up and I ill find time to write between my own assignments and things. Enjoy friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

A living THING By SBany

Mystery / Thriller

108K 3.6K 43
"B... Bryce?" I said quietly between my light sobs. He didn't answer me. He looked dangerous. His hands covered in blood, his jaw damaged, his ey...
149K 11K 66
"Get out," I said in a firm voice, but it shook a bit at the end. The muscles in his jaw tensed when I said that. Instead of getting out, he closed t...
6.3K 253 30
"Gabby why didn't you just tell me." He says and I know what he means Looking down at the ground I shook my head and say "I couldn't." I stand up and...
7.9K 791 28
"Where were you all my life?" I jokingly asked "Right across the sea, waiting for you. But you had to cross other oceans and go to other countries be...