Gonzalo ✔

By HephziLolami

Billionaire's series~ 5 After an unfortunate event that threatens her life and that of her siblings, Rosa Mat... More

Gonzalo
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 8

5.5K 235 22
By HephziLolami

Enjoy reading:-)

Word count: 1958

*

I'd been consecutively going to work and returning home with Gonzalo, accepting contracts, getting some valuable information from his personal assistant and so on. I'd slowly began to understand just how an important figure Gonzalo Romano Rodriguez actually was. How influential he was and no, not only to his immediate environment, judging from the issues being discussed in meetings that had been held and the agendas of those meetings. Meetings had involved at least a few foreign influential individuals on several occasions and that went without saying!

Life had gotten better after I got used to handling Gonzalo Romano.

I would be lying to myself if I said I believed in that. Life hadn't gotten better, but then there was this famous quote which I'd taken as an advice and a good adaptation plan for my new life here in Italy. It said, 'when life gives you lemon, make some lemonades.' But I'd actually say no to that thick, deep version and yes to my newly edited and watermarked version of that quote. 'When life gives you lemon, squeeze it in life's eye and call it a bitch while dealing with you and seeing where the boat of life takes you.'

That was my new motto.

Working with Gonzalo Romano for several weeks had taught me to never trust anyone and also be diligent. So here we were, at a very secluded eatery where he currently had a meeting with two executives from The Vijrons, whoever they were. We'd just arrived at the complex building a minute ago and were currently in the elevator. We exited it and were led down a long passage, into a large office that was enough to fit thirty people. There were chairs arranged in small tables.

Gonzalo tucked his left hand into his pocket and brought out a cigarette immediately we were ushered in. I swiftly provided a lighter, flicking it on for him and leaned back into my seat beside him when he didn't throw a tantrum that I'd done it wrong like he'd done when critiquing my nail filing skills, complaining that his finger nails were no longer equal in length!

"What do you have for me, Byron?" Gonzalo asked the man who'd been awaiting our arrival in a smooth voice. He shook hands with me while nodding slightly at Gonzalo and Gonzalo instantly made himself comfortable on the largest chair there.

The three of us sat immediately, getting straight to business.

I could see the apprehension Byron was struggling to hide from us and if I could see it, then definitely Gonzalo and his men would be able to see it as well. I found myself pitying the man because I was sure he was terrified of Gonzalo. But why was he still in a deal with him?

Oh yes, the money. Of course. Everyone loved money even when they knew it'd take away their peace of mind and they could be at risk.

"I-i actually brought the m-middleman. I had t-to take care of the North coast and I still have to m-meet up with the-"

"Bring the middleman in and get lost." Gonzalo interrupted him lazily, stretching out his legs while slouching a bit on the chair and resting his elbow on the chair handle.

Byron was already obviously trembling by this time.

He heaved a deep, long sigh of relief after Gonzalo spoke and motioned with a nod. The two men behind him walked out and returned almost a minute later with a grinning man in wine colored suit. The man had average height, an easily noticeable smile and a laid-back demeanor. His hair was grey but judging from his face and charming features, I instantly knew he was was a young fellow. He couldn't even be older than thirty one or thirty two.

From a single look and calculation of his body language, I could tell he'd done some deals or had meetings with Gonzalo before. He was smiling with a look of familiarity.

"Aren't I honored to be called here once again Mr Romano?" He asked and nodded at Byron, who Gonzalo had been talking to before. Byron left with the men we'd met here with him, not before giving me another shaky handshake and nodding at Gonzalo who didn't bother to pay him any attention.

"I don't have time for games or formalities." Gonzalo grumbled.

"When did you ever have time for games? You never even had time for me, your childhood best friend." The man grinned cheekily.

"Fuck off Brent, and bring me the packages. I have another meeting to attend in a bit."

"Okay okay. Boys, bring them in!" Brent called, all traces of playfulness gone.

Men in wine suits like Brent was wearing filed in with silver cases in hands, then some more people followed behind them.

There were several girls looking horror stricken, all in diverse heights, body forms and skin colors as they were ushered in. After they'd been arranged in a straight line to face us, I looked from one girl to the other. One of them was whimpering slowly, her lips trembling. Some of them had swollen eyes as if they'd been crying for days and one had a cut at the side of her lower lip with dried blood on it.

My gut churned uncomfortably as I realised I could've been that girl too, captured against my will and for trafficking.

"How many girls are here?" Gonzalo broke the silence, a frown etching on his good looking face.

"Eightee-"

Gonzalo raised his hand to cut off the man who'd coordinated their case delivery and filing of the girls in.

"I wasn't asking you, Silverado." He faced the young man who was sitting cross-legged before him, Brent. "How many girls are these, Brent?"

"Oh come on, brother. You know how these things are done." Brent shrugged.

It dawned on me. Some girls were missing.

"I swear. I don't know." Gonzalo pouted his lips, brows furrowing. I stared.

It was as if he sometimes did these things subconsciously. Even now when we were having a serious discussion, he still managed to do something so immature. I was beginning to think something could be wrong with me because I found the act very cute.

"When you get some goodies or a big cash out, you pay your tight to God." Brent suddenly said.

Silence befell us for a good couple of seconds. Gonzalo's gaze turned frosty as he sat up. He held my left hand that was close to his and started playing with my fingers.

"I don't go to church...at least, not as frequent as you do. Yet your life is still more fucked up."

"But you do give tithes, no?" Brent was no longer being playful. He said it as if he deserved to have those girls, like they were his right and his possession.

"Do I look like someone who would give girls to God?" Gonzalo bit out in an acidic tone.

"That goes without saying. I've taken my fair share of the girls." Brent lazily replied.

"You done what?" Gonzalo murmured, voice in what could somewhat be termed a whisper but sharp nonetheless.

"Did. It should be 'you did what?" He scoffed and twirled the ring holding the model clog shoe and two small keys together in his index finger around lazily. "I knew I should have allowed Papa drag your ass to school in England when I was leaving. That is why your grammar is still so bad..."

I gaped at his audacity while he kept rambling, raising his brows every once in a while and twirling the bunch of keys in his hand randomly.

Was he seeking a death wish? Even if he knew Gonzalo or they were truly childhood friends as he'd stated, there was a limit to everything.

I'd watched Gonzalo pull a gun on his uncle weeks ago, the one whom he'd seemed close to.

I had no doubt he'd shoot Brent without thinking, if the way he was glaring was anyindication.

"Romeo?" Gonzalo suddenly whisper yelled.

My gaze snapped to him in a nanosecond, the freaky voice chilling me to the core. Me denying to work for him had once made him throw a tantrum. Now that it involved the lives of several girls who were apparently missing, I wondered what he would do.

"Yes boss?" Romeo answered behind us.

"To the G house." He bit out with a cold expression and in a dead tone.

And with that, he got up.

I followed suit just before he'd have casted me an off-the-shoulder glance to make sure I was hot on his tail. He'd done that a few times already since I began working with him.

We alighted the elevator a minute later and exited the building, with me struggling to block off the sharp, piercing sounds I'd heard coming from the room before we left earlier on. The sounds were short and brief. Guns with silencers, like the one Gonzalo used to shoot that lady's leg weeks ago.

It dawned on me that they were killing those men that came with Brent...

Gonzalo stopped outside, just a few feet from his car and I stopped too. He turned around and I did too. The girls were led out and into a bus that I hadn't noticed when we were going into the building earlier on.

Byron walked speedily towards us from the Bentley he was resting on, eyes wide as he looked around. "Sir, where's-"

"I'll deal directly with you from now on Byron. No more middlemen and I won't work directly with anyone familiar."

"Oh. Why sir?" Byron had his eyes on Gonzalo, suddenly eyeing him with incredulity as if he'd not just been cowering a while ago.

"He tampered with my girls." Gonzalo replied with a scowl. The middle aged man's eyes went wide again.

"Oh no. He as-assaulted them?"

"I don't know but they aren't the amount you told me they were."

"B-but the girls are twenty three. I counted them myself when we were-"

"You're promoted to the level of a City lord from now on. and you'll be briefed on the proceedings." Gonzalo loved cutting him off, it seemed.

Byron's eyes widened even more, if that was possible. "S-sir, this is a privilege. Thank you si-"

"You'll come for training from now on. And you mustn't miss even a day. I expect you tomorrow at six pm for a briefing."

"T-thank you sir. What will be done to-" he threw his head sideways, towards the direction of the building entrance. Just then, a man was being bundled out, a black sack over his head while he struggled.

His men weren't with him.

Brent.

"The G torture." Gonzalo replied with his eyes on the struggling captive. Byron turned his gaze back to Gonzalo.

"Ahh- wha- oh. Okay sir, I should be on my way then. Th-thank you sir."

Gonzalo entered the car which had been opened all along the while.

Just before entering, I turned to Romeo, giving him a confused look. "What's the G torture?"

"It's a kind of...he gets fucked by guys, obviously in the ass. For days. That's his punishment." Romeo told me and motioned for me to go in.

Stunned, I stiffly entered the car and sat beside Gonzalo, deciding to get lost in my own thoughts while we drove to heaven knows where.

*

I have you guys in mind. Sorry I couldn't update sooner. Another one will be up as soon as I can finally get off tailoring and reading the numerous PDF novels in my archive. Ilysm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 752 41
Daughter of the most powerful mafia boss in the entire world . Amaya is known as 'Daddy's Killer ' . From the age of 15 , Amaya takes over the job of...
127K 3.4K 46
Meet the three girls who have a same horrified past. They tried to escape from the hell but ended up in the other one the hell of Rodriguez brothers...
279K 10.6K 47
Billionaire's series ~ 4 Angela Alfonsi is the last born of the Alfonsi family, a family of businessmen and women involved in the Italian chain of ma...
1.1M 20.7K 55
After her dad died and brother went missing she has always felt empty inside. Sofia and her daughter, Sienna have finally got the chance to escape fr...