And yet there will be happine...

By TatianaSaz

This is a continuation of the incredible love story of Sidney and Charlotte, based on the series Sanditon, by... More

Reception
Reception. Part 2
Tom and Mary
Mrs. Campion
Sidney
Charlotte
Change scene
Reflections
Family
The masquerade ball. Part 1.
The masquerade ball. Part 2.
The masquerade ball. All masks removed.
Between the past and the future
Time does not wait
Back to Sanditon
At last...
Admiral Heywood
I have a word...
True self...
Chink of armour
Share with me
More assumptions...
Forgive me
Substantial conversation
When i 'm with you
Outlier
Befuddled
Compatibility
Fine fresh day
Well done
To find a moment...
Looking to you
Well met
Are you looking forward to the ball?
Despite everything
Don't doubt yourself
Much improved
Would rather be here
You are lost
Ready to you
Be carefull
Carefull of what? Everything!
Rewrite the history
A chance of happiness
Splendid! Splendid!
What do you know about love?
When it comes to love...
From one gentleman's pursuit to another
What is it you want from me?
What more proof do you need?
Gracious no!!!
The farmer's daughters
What are you waiting for?
Now I have to protect you
Please, believe me...
I wasn't expecting this
Anything can happen anywhere
Fate is gifted us a second chance
My thoughts exactly
You still proclaime your independence?
Epilogue

I cannot go back. I am compelled to go forward.

425 5 0
By TatianaSaz

She pretended to look out of the window, her hands caressing the translucent soft fabric of the curtains. The bright morning sun and a slight breeze suggested that today would be a beautiful day and the rowing race would definitely take place. A vague sense of unease suddenly surged through her, but it was quickly replaced by another. She saw him. He took her hand gently, smiling, and slowly drew her to him. She felt again the warmth of his body and the depth of his beautiful eyes, and her heart beat faster, and her cheeks flushed. Instinctively, she wrapped the curtains around her, wanting to attach herself even more firmly to her own vision. His lips were so close again, and his breath was so hot that she took a sharp, loud breath and smiled to herself without opening her eyes.
- Ellie? - asked the Charlotte - can you hear me?
Her younger sister ignored her, still stroking the curtain as if dancing an elegant waltz with her.
- Allison Heywood I'm talking to you now! - exclaimed Charlotte, smiling - what's going on with you?
The younger Heywood started, released the curtains, and looked at her.
- Oh? What? - Allison asked, as if coming out of a sweet dream - did you say something?
- Where are you, Allison? - Charlotte asked - who in God's name are you thinking of? Oh, no, don't tell me, I already know who it is. What happened yesterday after you ran away? With all the preparations for the regatta and the news from Otis, I didn't even have time to talk to you. You looked so strange when you came back.
Allison's blush deepened and she lowered her eyes.
- Is something wrong? - Charlotte asked excitedly.
Allison looked up, and Charlotte saw tears in the corners of her eyes. Her heart was pounding with excitement, but her sister's subsequent smile calmed her. She realized that Allison's tears were from happiness.
- Francis made me an offer to marry him - Allison said in a low voice - and I accepted it.
With a cry of joy, Charlotte leaped from the bed and stormed straight to her sister. Taking her in her warm embrace, she pressed her forehead against hers and smiled.
-  I'm so happy for you, Allison - she cried, looking straight into her eyes - I know that you love him and he loves you too.
- Yes, that's right - said the younger Haywood, trying to keep her composure - he's very kind to me.
- Is not just kindness, honey - said Charlotte - he loves you, he became a different person. You have to trust him and your feelings.
- I believe him - Allison said, and tears rolled down her cheeks as she sobbed - you can't even imagine how happy I am. He is such a... such... he understands me... I don't know how to Express my feelings. With him, I can be myself, I can just be silent, cry, not afraid of anything. I love him so much, Charlotte...
- When will you tell papa? - Charlotte asked.
- Francis and I talked to him yesterday - Allison said.
- What?" How? When? Why didn't they tell us? - Charlotte asked - What did papa say?
- He gave his blessing - Allison said.
- But why didn't you tell us? - Charlotte asked, smiling broadly.
- You were so busy talking about Howard and the regatta that we decided to let you know later. - Allison answered - I'm sorry, Charlotte. Please don't be angry.
- Oh, Allison, don't be silly - she said - how can I be angry at you, especially now? God, I'm so happy for you. And Phillip, he's going to love it, I think he's crazy about Crowe.
- I don't doubt it - Allison said, laughing - he told Francis all about me.
- Well, that's not so bad - said Charlotte - so Mr. Crowe knows exactly what he's doing.
- Maybe you're right - the younger Heywood agreed.
- So we have to get ready, the race is about to start, and I still have some things to check at the start - Charlotte said.
- Are you sure we should go there at all? - Allison asked - After all that Mr. Molyneux has told you, wouldn't it be better to stay here?
- No, Allison, we can't - she said.
- But it's very dangerous, Charlotte - said her sister.
- Yes, you're right - Charlotte agree - but if we're not here today, they'll try tomorrow or another day, and we can't hide forever. They must be stopped. And thanks to Otis, we have the advantage of waiting for them to show up, and Howard and his people don't know it.
- I'm still scared - Allison said honestly.
- I know. Me, too - Charlotte said - but we won't be alone.
Allison took a deep breath and nodded.
- All right, then I'll go get ready - she said.

She put down her Cup and looked at him intently.
- Now I understand your concern - said Lady Susan, looking thoughtfully at Broome - but on the other hand, we might have expected it from Mrs. Campion. Without knowing it, she had found one of her own. Eliza is quite worthy of such a companion.
- Who would have thought there was a real monster hiding behind such a pretty face - Broome said.
- Yes, unfortunately, appearances are deceptive - agreed Lady Worceter - do not blame yourself, she managed to deceive many people, even Mr. Parker.
- He is very concerned about Charlotte and Georgiana - he said - He think that they were not safe.
- And you? - Susan asked with a sly smile.
- Me, too - he admitted.
- Who are you more worried about? - she asked, her eyes narrowing slightly.
He smiled, shaking his head slightly.
- Let me not answer that Question - Broome said - Besides I'm sure you already know the answer.
- Maybe - she said, raising one eyebrow enigmatically.
- Let me take you to the regatta? - Broome asked.
- I'd love to - said Susan.

The clearing near the river was decorated with beautiful tents and flags. Numerous treats, Souvenirs, and other items could satisfy the discerning taste of any of Sanditon's guests.
Elegant ladies in colorful dresses, gentlemen in top hats and carrying canes, seemed to fill the entire clearing.
Sidney swallowed, feeling a growing sense of unease. How could he protect Charlotte in the midst of this motley collection of people? That damned Cooper was right, it's hard to imagine a better time for an assassination attempt than today. A lot of strangers gathered in a small area. He swore under his breath and went over to Tom.
- Oh, Sidney, it's good to have you here - he exclaimed, smiling - where is Charlotte? I need her help so much. I'm confused about the participants.
- Tom, do you remember what I told you yesterday?-   Sidney asked, puzzled.
- Yes, of course, but I was thinking... - Tom began.
- What were you thinking of? - Sidney asked - this isn't a joke.
- I understand, but damn, I really can't do it without her - Tom pleaded - I don't know how she handles all this. Charlotte is a miracle.
- I know - said Sydney - calm down, we will try to settle everything.
Tom nodded nervously. Sidney patted him on the shoulder and went in search of Charlotte and Allison, who would be arriving any minute.

The carriage bounced on a bump and she clutched her sister's arm nervously.
- Calm down, everything will be fine, Allison - said Charlotte, feeling that her heart was about to break out of her chest, but still trying to smile.
- What is wrong with you girls? - Mrs Heywood asked - you don't look like yourself.  Do you really care so much about your suitors?
- Yes, you're right - said Charlotte - it's just excitement. We're all right.
- I also want to participate in the race - stepped in Phillip - Mr. Parker or Mr. Crowe will allow me to participate?
Charlotte and Allison looked at each other and silently thanked their brother for his intervention. Thank God they don't have to explain everything to their parents.
- You are too young to compete with gentlemen, Phillip - said Mrs. Haywood.
- Dad, please! - Phillip pleaded.
- I agree with your Mother - said Mr. Haywood,  when he saw his son's disappointed face, he added - but you can ask Mr. Crowe and Mr. Parker to steer the boat, and you can take our ladies for a ride. This, of course, not participation in the competition, but also a kind of adventure
- Thank you, dad - he said, smiling and looking out the window, exclaimed joyfully - and here is the river, and there are tents in the distance, I think we have arrived, am I right, Charlotte?
- Yes, as you are always right - she replied, smiling.

She looked around and grimaced. In her heart, she was pleased with everything that was happening, but she would never admit it, especially to a man who was hurrying to meet her now.
A little out of breath, he bowed respectfully to her, and she only frowned in response.
- Lady Denham!  - Tom said - I'm so glad you're here, and I'm sure you won't miss the regatta this time.
- I was a little busy last time - said Lady Denham - driving out two snakes from Sanditon House who couldn't wait my meeting with apostles.
- I understand - said Tom, nodding, not really understanding a word the old lady said.
She snorted and turned toward the Babbingtons, who were following her.
- How long do I have to wait for you? - she said - what are you like inanimate? Let someone call me old one more time.
- Well, Lady Denham, you'll give any of us a head start - Babbington said with a smile, and then, bowing, added - Mr. Parker.
- Lord Babbington, Lady Babbington - Tom said.
The ladies curtsied in response.
- Charlotte didn't come with you? -  Tom asked.
- No, Miss Heywood will arrive with her family in the next carriage - Babbington replied.
- Yes, Yes, of course - Tom said, confused.
- Have you prepared a place for me, Mr. Parker? - Lady Denham said - or am I going to stand in this crowd for the rest of the regatta?
- Oh, no, lady Denham - said Tom, coming out of the depths of his own thoughts - I've got some nice seats in the big tent, with everything you need and a great view of the river. You'll like it.
- We'll see, Mr. Parker - said Lady Denham incredulously.
Tom bowed and, extending his elbow to the Lady, stepped boldly toward the tents.

Sidney arrived just in time to greet the Heywood family. The joy of meeting Charlotte was replaced by a moment of concern for her. All who arrived were met and escorted to a large shed, inside which Lady Denham and Lady Worcester were seated. The Babbingtons were still strolling along the river, looking around. Broome and Georgiana were chatting peacefully next to a tray of fruit. Everything seemed so normal and calm that Sidney wondered if the whole Howard and Eliza thing was just a bad dream that had faded with the dawn.
- I've checked everything again - said Crowe, who had just come up -nothing suspicious so far. But I wouldn't relax if I were you.
Sidney smiled ruefully and nodded to his friend.
- To be honest, all I want to do right now is take Charlotte in my arms and take her somewhere where no Howard can find her, or where no one can find her at all - He said.
- Oh, man, I know what you mean - Crowe said with a chuckle. - I've been thinking about it since this morning. I'd get out of here right now.
- How was your conversation with Mr. Heywood? Sidney asked, keeping his eyes on Charlotte, who was trying to explain something to his older brother. At last Tom beamed, smiled, hugged Miss Heywood, and almost skipped off to the judges ' tent.
- Better than expected - Crowe said -At least they didn't crucify me at the entrance.
- I can't believe it was that bad - Sidney said.
- It would have been easier if Lady Denham hadn't been so garrulous - Crowe said.
- Did our esteemed Lady turn you in? - Sidney asked.
- No doubt - said Crowe - thank God Mr. Heywood was a very sensible man.
- Probably like all the Heywoods - Sidney said, glancing at his brother and sister, who were standing near the candy sheds - if only the Parkers could get a little of that sanity.
- Well, you all right, my friend - said Crowe - what I can't tell about your relatives.
- Who knows, who knows - said Sidney - in my opinion problems from me not less than from the idea of Tom.
- Stop putting ash on your head - Crowe said -You wouldn't be in this position if Tom wasn't so crazy about his ideas. If he had insured Sanditon, it would have been different.
- Yes, but I should have spent more time with him, keeping an eye on things - Sidney said - because I knew he was in the clouds and couldn't see what was going on under his feet.
- No one could have predicted what would happen at and after  the ball - Crowe said - just as no one could have predicted that your ex-fiancee would be such a monster.
Sidney took a deep breath and looked at Charlotte, who was talking to Lady Susan. As if she sensed his gaze, she turned to him and gave him a genuine smile that melted all his sorrows and doubts.  Before him was the one for which he was ready to go through any tests again.

- Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the rowing race - Tom said through his megaphone - Due to the large number of people who want to participate, the race will be held in five stages. There will be four boats participating in each race, and the winners of each race will advance to the final. It will determine the winner. The first race will start in a few minutes! Good luck to all participants!!!
There was loud applause and the guests took their seats to enjoy the first starts.
Augusta stood there, waiting. Mr. James Stringer, the chief architect of Sanditon and a protégé of the Prince Regent himself, was given the right to open the race. She looked around, as if seeking the support of those present, and met the eyes of a smiling Charlotte. Without thinking, miss Heywood went to her, took her hand and squeezed it.
- I'm rooting for Mr. Stringer, too - she said in a whisper - by the way, he and his team won the race last year.
- Really? - Augusta asked -James... Mr. Stringer never talked about it.
- I don't think he will ever tell you - Charlotte replied - he's too modest to brag. But Mr. Stringer has rightfully earned all the admiration and respect as a man and as a true friend. I think you're very lucky to have him. He clearly loves you back.
Augusta blushed and lowered her eyes in embarrassment.
- Is it that obvious? - she asked.
- I've never seen him as happy as he was yesterday or today - Charlotte said - and I think that's because of you.
The color deepened in young Lady Babbington's cheeks.
A shot rang out, and the ladies looked at the bend in the river where the first participants were about to appear.
Augusta's heart was pounding in her chest as Stringer's boat took the lead and sped toward the finish line. Another couple of minutes and the audience burst into applause, welcoming the first winners.
Augusta resisted the urge to rush to meet him and drown in his hot embrace. But, as a lady should, she managed to pull herself together and waited humbly for him to return to the shed.
Soon the second and third races took place and the following participants of the final were determined. The audience was delighted.
The fourth race was claimed by the Parker brothers and Crowe with Babbington and Broome. The gentlemen took their leave and left the main tent, leaving the ladies in charge of Mr. Stringer.

He looked at the smiling Charlotte, who was telling Miss lamb and the other dark-haired young girl something in color, and smiled maliciously. A few meters away, Cooper approached Mr. James Stringer, ostensibly to congratulate him on winning the race and to admire his architectural skills. Garling grinned, Cooper was truly irreplaceable in such matters, and today was their finest hour.

#Sanditon #Sidlotte #Sanditonfanfiction

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 172 27
It is a short story based to whether true love actually does exist or not...
401K 35.6K 56
A cousin love story♡︎ Opposite attracts , right? Yes, It does❤️ Enjoy the beautiful love story of sidharth and his naaz🌷
27.8K 311 39
The letter had arrived two days ago and Sidney was still trying to comprehend its contents. The news contained within had both grieved him and vexed...
32.6K 475 16
Winner of the Austen Writers' Awards 2020 - Sanditon category. Sidney Parker is set on never marrying, but when it is the only way to save a young l...