Sick little games

By gublerlove

JJ and Reid fanfiction. It's a little different from other criminal minds fanfictions cause they're not actua... More

Chapter one
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6: Spencers pov
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18, Spencers pov
Chapter 19
Chapter 20, Spencer's pov
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
One hundred.
Authors note

Chapter 40

1K 27 4
By gublerlove

JJs POV:

"This film is so sad!" Emily says with tears rolling down her cheeks. "Spencer really bought this?" She jokes and Garcia laughs out loud. "I think she bought it really."
"No, honestly I didn't. Spencer did this all." I say a little too defensively and Emily arcs her brow. "We're joking jayje... Relax." she squeezes my thigh and I sigh.

"I'm sorry, he just... he should have been back by now."
"Aw, you're worried about him?" Garcia questions and I nod my head, not even bothering to deny it. We've watched all three movies, ate all of the pizza and had multiple hot chocolates and coffees. He should be back.

"I'll check if he's in his apartment, he might have just forgotten to let you know he's home." Garcia suggests and makes her way into the hall. "He'll be fine." My eyes meet Emily's and she smiles slightly. Her phone lights up and she checks it as Garcia joins us again. I look up hopefully, praying that he is in there and he had just forgotten to let me know. "Well, he's not in there." she sighs while sitting down. "We could stay until he gets back if you want?" Emily offers while looking at Garcia, asking for reassurance with her eyes. She nods in agreement.

"No... No, you can't it's not fair. I'm sure he's going to be fine, I'm just worrying too much... you guys get going." I rush them out of the door to prevent them coming up with more excuses to why it's alright for them to stay. I don't want to be a burden, I don't want to be in the way of their lives.

I sit back On the sofa and check the time, it's now 11:09pm. Spencer left here around 6ish, we didn't get home from Derek's cabin until about half four. I sigh and wrap one of the blankets rolled up on the sofa around my body while putting on an episode of Quantico.

It reaches 12pm and Spencer still hasn't returned home, my eyes are growing heavy and I really want to go to sleep. My phone screen lights up and the text is from an unknown number. I know it's going to be Will, but that doesn't stop me from opening it.

• Please answer me JJ, I miss you so much. You meant everything to me, you can't just cut me off like that. it's not fair. •

I find my self actually feeling sorry for the man, he never treated me badly, we just didn't click like Spencer and I.

• Will please stop texting me. I understand you miss what we had but we can't be together, I just don't feel the same. I'm sorry. •

I place my phone on the table and lay on the sofa to continue watching TV. I can feel myself dosing off as the frowning man on the television screen says his famous line "jet flies in 10"

***

"JJ... JJ open the fucking door." my head shoots up off the arm of the sofa and loud bangs from the door follow. My body isn't fully aware and entirely sure of what's going on, but Spencer's voice definitely fills me in.

"Jennifer Jareau get your sexy arse out here." I check the time on the television, it's 2am and Spencer is shouting his head off outside of my apartment. I rush to unlock the door I don't even remember locking and when I do Spencer stumbles into my arms.

"Oh fuck off L... your name is shit." his words are directed at a short haired brunette across the hall and she sticks up her middle finger as I pull Spencer inside.

"JJ, finally." his eyes are glazed and his breath smells of alcohol. "Are you drunk?" I ask, slightly annoyed that he came home so late, but thankful that he actually did come home. "No, I'm just buzzed." he giggles and I push him into the living room before closing the door, a smile also covering me face. "What were you doing? its 2am!"
"Wow, I may be drunk but you're the one that's pissed." he laughs again. "You're not funny Spencer. I was worried about you."

His eyes move to my lit up phone on the table and my smile fades as worry rushes through my body. The text could be from Will and god knows what he's said.

"You don't care about me." he scoffs and my worry grows. "What do you mean I don't care about you. You know I care about you Spencer." I say hoping he hadn't actually seen a text from Will. Maybe it was from Emily, or Garcia?Maybe they're just asking if Spencer is home and-

"That's why you've been texting Will then eh?" he raises his voice slightly and I can feel the tears pricking my eyes. "It's not like that and you know it's not!" He smirks. "So you think I'm fucking stupid?" He grabs my phone and throws it across the room. "I know you still love him JJ!" he sighs and lowers his voice to a frightening tone. "Why won't you just fucking admit it?" His drunken eyes meet mine and his messy hear is slicked back with sweat. "I don't." my words are followed by a loud bang and when my eyes open again Spencer's hand has connected with the plasterboard leaving a huge dent.

"I bet that day he was trying to fuck you up his car you were asking for it." He spits. My heart wretches. "Why would you say that?" I ask through tears and his mouth curls into a smile. The sort of smile you'd expect the evil person of a horror movie to have as he kills someone, but this smile is on Spencer's face. My Spencer's face.

"Because I don't care about you. I just needed a fresh fuck." His face is cleared of emotion, no change in facial expression or remorse in his eyes. He meant it.

"Get out." my voice is filled with much more confidence than I expected and his face still doesn't change. "GET OUT!" I say much louder and my voice cracks as another smile makes its way onto his face. "I'd absolutely love to." he says and waltzes out of the apartment holding his head high as though he's proud of breaking my heart.

I reach for my phone, desperate to see the text that caused the uproar.

• Just when I was about to give up on us, you replied. I love you JJ. •

My already fast flowing tears fall faster. He was going to give up and I just provoked him further, I've just ruined my own life.

I don't text him back again. Instead I crawl into bed with a sore face and soaked sleeves from wiping my tears.

***

The next few days go slowly, Spencer doesn't turn up to work and I'm thankful. I don't think I could bring myself to meet his dark eyes and act like everything is ok. He crushed me the moment he said he doesn't care about me. All of those feelings, all of those nights we spent together just gone with a few words.

Blake makes eye contact with me a few times. Probably asking herself whether she should question me about Spencer or not, I'm glad that she doesn't.

It reaches lunch time and Blake suggests we go to the bar and grill down the road. Apparently the burgers there are great.

"We could probably sneak in a small drink. Take your mind of the idiot that hasn't bothered to show his face." my eyes move instantly to her face. "What?" I ask and she looks at me with a smile. "Well, you couldn't make it anymore obvious."
"What?" I repeat and she laughs as we step in the elevator. "You've been staring at his desk almost all day-"

"Wait!" an unfamiliar voice flows through the doors along with an arm. Blake nudges me and straightens her back as the doors open again. A tall man with dark skin and lovely green eyes steps inside. His suit is a navy blue colour and his curly dark hair is slicked back with a mound of gel.

"Going down?" he asks before turning around and Blake nods slowly. I find myself laughing and the man looks at me confused. "erm, sorry." I say quickly and he nods as he steps side ways so that I can press the button for the ground floor.

The awkwardness is horrible and I look at Blake to find her staring at the good looking man. She meets my eyes and blushes before sneakily sticking her middle finger up.

"I'm Jake." he finally introduces himself and Blake is the first to shake his hand. "Alex and this is Jennifer." she nods in my direction and the man smiles sweetly before taking my hand in his. "It's nice to meet you both." He smiles again and his soft hand squeezes mine slightly before he lets go. It takes my head a few minutes to figure out he's English and a few more to decide I fancy him. Who wouldn't?

The lift stops and we all make our way out before the doors close. Jake makes his way to the main desk and Blake and I continue walking. "Can you make it any more obvious?" I joke and she shoves me in my shoulder. "Fuck off. He's cute." I laugh at her before agreeing. He is really good looking and if I would have met him before meeting Spencer I wouldn't have been so quiet. Spencer isn't your boyfriend, he doesn't care about you. A small voice speaks in the back of my mind.

"Hey, ladies." We both turn to find the tall man rushing towards us. "Look, I was supposed to have a meeting but it just got cancelled..." He holds a hand in the air as he catches his breath. "Maybe we could grab lunch together?" he finishes and my eyes move to the older woman beside me. "I'm sorry, that was a little rushed? I uh- I've just started working here and it would be nice to get to know a few co-workers." He pushes his hair over his head and my mind drifts to Spencer. This man stands at least an inch taller than he does and his body is more defined. His shirt is tight around his muscles and his trousers are definitely tight in other areas.

Blake is still stood in silence. "Sure, we're heading to a bar and grill down the road. Alex said they do great burgers." I say, accepting his offer. His smile is warm and Blake finally comes out of her stare as he makes eye contact with her. "Yeah?"
"They're extremely nice." she answers straight away and I laugh at her again.

***

When we reach the restaurant Jake opens the door for Blake and I, following close behind us when we enter. We take a seat in one of the booths in the middle of the building, me and Blake on one side and Jake on the other.

"I'll buy the food as a thank you for you girls letting me tag along." he gestures for the waiter to take our order and he follows up on Blake's reccomendation, asking for three burgers.

"How long have you guys been working at Anderson's place?" Jake asks, his eyes darting between Blake and I, waiting for an answer. "Oh, I've been here a few years. Jennifer's a newbie like you though." Alex answers, changing back to her usual self. He laughs and looks at me. "How long?" I find myself getting a little flustered when I realise he's now talking to me.

His skin looks darker in this light, his eyes definitely shine brighter though. "Uh- about a month." I say when I realise I've been staring at him for too long. "Oh that's nice." he smiles and leans back in his chair slightly.

"Mr Anderson is a great guy. He knows my father very well..." he explains that Mr Anderson knew him when he was growing up and that's how he got the job. "Ive just moved here from England and I needed a way to get money. He found out I was coming here and offered me the job." The food makes it's way to our table and Blake smiles and nods with every word that falls from his pink lips.

We eat and have a few drinks, us finding out a lot about Jake and him finding out a lot about Blake... I don't talk much, Spencer is still playing on my mind. Your relationship with Spencer is going nowhere. My subconscious reminds me again and I try to push it away. I might be mad with Spencer, but I don't want to think about the possibility that we're completely over. Fresh fuck. I remind myself and with that last thought in mind I open up, relaxing in the green eyed mans company.

***

We return to the offices a little jollier than before and step in the elevator together. "Ok, listen to me." Jake leans into Blake and I, wrapping his arms around our shoulders. "If anyone asks, you haven't had anything to drink." He smiles and let's go of us. "Just act normal and everything will be ok." he assures us and I begin to laugh. "look at the new boy telling us the do's and do not's." He smirks and the elevator doors open. "What can I say? The boss loves me. See you around ladies." he walks out of the elevator backwards and turns the corner. "Oops, sorry mate." his thick accent is followed by a harsh one. "Watch where you're fucking going."

Blake and I step out of the elevator, coming face to face with Spencer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422K 10.9K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
1.2K 63 19
Y/N Y/L/N is detective and cybersecurity expert working for the National Center for Analysis of Violent Crime who has recently been transferred into...
1.1M 21.4K 21
Your relationship with Spencer Reid is a simple one: friends and coworkers together at the BAU. One day, after Spencer stumbles upon something he sho...
69.2K 1.7K 36
When Jennifer jareau and spencer reid realize they have feelings for each other how will their team react? How will they tell each other? This is my...