Oneshots (2) (Standby Only)

By Ftfanx777

Come one, come all! Requests are currently closed but that doesn't mean you can read what I've got! I can't... More

Request Stuff
Table of Contents
Adoption Center
Neji Hyuga x Reader- Sign from Destiny
Kakashi Hatake x Reader [Drabble]
Kirishima x Reader- Oblivious Lovers
Envy x Reader [Drabble]
Suguro "Bon" x Reader- Valentine's Day
Naruto x Reader- Valentine's Day
Amaimon x Human! Reader- Ghost Boyfriend
Rin Okumura Headcanons
Bart Allen! KF x Reader- Love Like You
YJ Boys Preference
Lion-O x Reader- Soulmate AU- Tattoos/ Omega AU
Edward Elric x Reader [Drabble]
Yuri Plistesky x Reader- Unpredictable Love
Yuri Plistesky x Reader [Drabble]
Bakugou Katsuki x Reader- A Great Big Brother
Kirishima x Reader [Drabble]
Tim Drake! Robin x Reader- The Perfect Dance
Ultimate Spidey Boys Preference
Omniverse! Ben 10 x Magic! Reader- Maybe the universe doesn't hate me after all
Lion-O x Pregnant! Reader [Drabble]
Yukio x Half Phantom! Reader- Going Ghost
Amaimon x Reader [Drabble]
Kunikida Doppo x Reader- Coffee isn't so bad
Dazai x Reader [Drabble]
Nozel Silva x Captain!Reader- Commoner Captain
Black Clover Boys Preference
Edward Elric x Reader- Blind Date
Greedling x Reader [Drabble]
Naruto Uzumaki x Reader- Late Night Talk
Kiba Inuzuka x Reader [Drabble]
Razer x Reader- Welcome Home
Benimaru x Reader [Drabble]
Magna Swing x Reader- Where I Belong
Nozel Silva x Reader [Drabble]
Kunikida Doppo x Reader- Self-Acceptance
Leo/Loke x Reader [Drabble]
Marvel's Spider-man! Peter Parker x Elemental! Reader- Not Alone
Rin Okumura x Reader [Drabble]
Reiji Sakamaki x Reader- To have you back
Yuma Mukami x Reader [Drabble]
Catra x Fem! Reader- A little parcel goes a long way
Catra x Reader [Drabble]
Chuuya Nakahara x Reader- Damn Mutt
Akutagawa x Reader [Drabble]
Ryuji 'Bon' Suguro x Reader- Becoming Better
Blue Exorcist Boys Preference
Shikamaru x Reader [Drabble]
Ogun x Reader- Forever and Always
Rin Okumura x Reader [Drabble]
Saiki K. x Reader - Trust
Lyon x Reader [Drabble]
Yamato x Masked! Reader- To Be With or Without the Mask, that is the Question
Izuku Midoryia Headcanons
Gaara x Reader- To Be a Protector
Sero x Reader [Drabble]
Shu Sakamki x Reader- A little Tinker
Reiji Sakamaki x Reader [Drabble]
Edward Elric x Reader- The Pheromone Predicament
Scar x Reader [Drabble]

Shikamaru x Reader- Until Then

292 9 0
By Ftfanx777

"Hey guys, welcome back, how was the mission?" You asked, approaching the booth of your regulars, your notepad was in one hand which was at your side as you knew the squad to be quite talkative about their missions.

"Oh! It was the best! A nice easy escort mission, though there were some bandits who came along but we handled them, right Shikamaru?"
"What? Yeah, of course we did. Honestly the client was paranoid and ramped up the threat much more than it actually was, a squad of genin could've taken care of it just as well as we did. It was more troublesome than anything." Shikamaru complained, rubbing the back of his neck. You smiled at the lazy ninja.

"Of course it was, maybe you're so strong Shikamaru that every mission seems easy to you. What about you two? Mr. Asuma, Ino?"
"Eh, no mission's boring with these three, that's for sure."
"Yeah, I kinda have to agree with Shikamaru about the client being paranoid. Dunno why he was like that but he was," Ino shrugged.

"So uh, (Y/N), how was your day today?" Shikamaru asked, making you brighten.

"Actually pretty good, so far I haven't had any difficult customers today, though I don't want to jinx it."

"What do you mean by difficult customers?" Shikamaru asked you.
"Oh you know, the usual customers you encounter in retail and food service. I've gotten use to them by now though. But I'm sure you guys didn't come here to just chat with me. The usual order?" You asked as you made your notepad visible, clicking the pen so you could use it to take their food orders, once you got them down you smiled, promising that the food should be out soon before leaving out of earshot as Ino squealed and turned to Shikamaru.

"You like her!"

"What? You're seeing things Ino." Shikamaru muttered, Ino shook her head.
"Not at all! You like her!"

"Yeah? And what proof do you have?" Shikamaru asked.
"Well, you asked her how her day was. And you never engage in small talk. Ever. In fact, you said you find small talk troublesome." Ino smirked, knowing that she was right. Asuma chuckled as he looked between the closest thing Shikamaru has to an embarrassed face to Ino's definitely smug look.

I think I'll leave these two to sort it out...

"I...I was just being polite, she is our waitress..." Shikamaru muttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You? Polite? Since when?" Ino scoffed at Shikamaru's excuses, "don't you usually not care about what other people think?"

"Why is it so hard for you to imagine that I can be nice to random people just to be nice?" Shikamaru asked.

"Because you were staring at her with the softest expression I've ever seen from you and you looked embarrassed when Choji called you out of it and she almost caught you staring at her too."

"I was not staring, I was zoned out."
"Why're you so stubborn?"
"Are you sure I'm the stubborn one here?"

"Yes!"
"Wow, I've only been gone for barely a minute and Ino's already at Shikamaru's throat like always. What did he do this time Ino?" You asked teasingly, a smile on your face as you began to give them their usual drinks.

"He won't admit that I'm right about something for once!" Ino pouted, crossing her arms and turning away from Shikamaru, who groaned and facepalmed at his squadmate's behavior. You smiled at the two.
"I don't know how you handle them Mr. Asuma." You shook your head, making Asuma chuckle.
"Sometimes I don't even know how I do it (Y/N)."
"Well, I need to tend to a few other tables but then I'll check on your usual order. I'll stop by and let you know how long it takes once I find out."
"Sure thing. No rush." Asuma reassured you as you began to leave.
"(Y/N) wait, just out of curiosity, do you have a boyfriend?" You halfway turned, trying to glance at Shikamaru without it seeming obvious.

"No, I don't actually. But I should get going." You walked away as Ino looked at Shikamaru with sparkles in her eyes.

"You hear that Shikamaru, she's single." Shikamaru groaned, finding himself once again face palming at his squadmate's actions.
"Absolutely not Ino."
-Timeskip-

Ino yawned, while her flowershop days were few and far between as she had training, missions and time as a medical nin, they still seemed to happen every once in awhile and she just had to be put on one of the slowest days for the shop in probably ever.

Is it bad I kinda want the village to be attacked so I'm not just sitting here?

Ino wondered to herself as she internally groaned, it seems that everything that could ever be possibly done was completed so she couldn't even fill her time with busy work.

Ding!

The little bell on the front of the shop's door sounded, making Ino perk up as she looked to the front, recognizing the person as one of the waitresses from the pork place that Team Asuma went to. She remembered her interacting with with you several times as you passed each other in the restaurant. The waitress walked around as she looked at the flowers that lined the walls and some of the floor, but she didn't look particularly sure about what she was looking for.

"Do you need some help?" Ino asked, drawing the waitress' attention to the counter where she was.

"Oh, I recognize you, you're one of (Y/N)'s regulars." Ino smiled and nodded.

"Yep, that's me. Are you a friend of (Y/N)'s?" The waitress nodded back, starting to smile as well.

"Yeah, we got hired around the same time so it didn't take long for us to bond."
"Well, what brings you to the flower shop?"
"Oh, actually (Y/N)'s birthday is coming up and I was hoping to get (Y/N) a flower wreath of some kind if that isn't too much trouble."
"A flower wreath? That's a unique item, how come?"
"Well I just think it would be something nice for (Y/N) to have. She can hang it up in her room and it'll look pretty, y'know?"
"Yeah, I can make you one by tomorrow but first I have to know what flowers you want in it. We usually do around eight to ten stems and need a minimum of three different flowers. We also charge extra for the foliage too."
"Well I was hoping you could do purple, blue and white irises, eight stems each."
"Of course." Ino began to fill out an order form, "ok, that would total to six thousand, a hundred and two yen."
"Oh, thank goodness I saved enough then, should I pay you now or after I get the wreath?"
"Either or is fine, if you pay now I can give you an order ticket so you can show it tomorrow and receive your wreath or you can pay for it tomorrow."
"I think I'll do it tomorrow. Her birthday isn't until later in the week and tomorrow's my day off."
"Alright, that sounds good to me, what name should I put down for the order?"
"(B/F/N), oh, and if you and the rest of your squad want to get presents for (Y/N)'s birthday it's alright. You are her favorite customers after all."
"We are?"
"Yeah, she always has a genuine smile on her face when she sees you enter the restaurant." (B/F/N) smiled at Ino.

"That's great to hear, but I've got you all set on that wreath."
"That's good to hear, thank you Ino."
"No problem, I mean it is kinda my job."
"I'll see you later then."
"Maybe, but my Mom usually works the flower shop when I'm too busy with my ninja duties."

"I see, well if not tomorrow then maybe at the restaurant."
"Yeah, of course, we always go there after missions. Come again!" Ino waved as (B/F/N) left, at least making the flower wreath (B/F/N) ordered would help Ino to relieve her boredom on this slow day.

-Timeskip-

Ino hummed as she walked into training, where Asuma and Choji were sparring in hand-to-hand combat, Shikamaru cracked open an eye as he suspiciously watched his squadmate.

"What's got you in such a good mood?"

"Well, the other day I was working in the flower shop and one of (Y/N)'s waitress friends came in."
"What for?" Shikamaru asked, still suspicious.

"She wanted to get (Y/N) a present for her birthday, so guess who knows when (Y/N)'s birthday is now?" Ino grinned cheerily, Shikamaru sighed.

"I knew I had a reason to be suspicious, you want us to get gifts for her, don't you?"
"Yep! Especially you Shikamaru!"
"Why me?"
"Because you like her! And everyone knows that if you like someone you need to get them a present on their birthday!" Shikamaru groaned, letting himself slouch even further down the tree.

"I already told you that I don't like her like that."
"Shikamaru Lee Nara! You will get (Y/N) a present for her birthday!" Ino huffed.

"I don't have a middle name..." Shikamaru deadpanned.
"Stop trying to change the subject! And I gave you one because that's how mad I am at you!"
"What did I even do?"
"You refuse to accept that you have feelings for (Y/N)!" Ino pointed an accusatory finger at him.
"I never said that, I just haven't confirmed or denied to you that I do or do not have feelings for (Y/N), that means that I may or may not have feelings for (Y/N), but I just decided to not tell you."
"What?! Why in the hell won't you tell me?! We're squadmates!"

She looks like an angry boar...definitely not a good sign, honestly women are so troublesome...

"Because of that. I'm not obligated to share my feelings to anyone I don't want to. Besides if I were to confirm your suspicions that I liked (Y/N) you would most certainly come up with some crazy convoluted plan that you would think would help me win (Y/N) over but would make me look like an idiot, but if I said I didn't have feelings for her you'd try to find out if (Y/N) had feelings for me and come up with another and very similar crazy, convoluted plan to win me over. So no thanks, I would rather not tell you altogether, it's less troublesome that way." Shikamaru shrugged his shoulders as Ino huffed.

"Fine! Don't tell me! But you better get her a present!"
"Alright, alright, geez you don't have to shout at me, I might be lazy but I'm not stupid. Of course I'll get her a present."
"Good!" Ino huffed at Shikamaru, Shikamaru groaned and looked at the clouds above him.

Why do I feel like I only bought myself some time until she gets on my case again...

-Timeskip-

"Are you sure this is a good idea? What if she's still working?" Shikamaru questioned.

"I already asked (B/F/N), she said that (Y/N) always leaves her shifts on time."

"Are you sure she isn't going to be exhausted from work?"
"Why're you so concerned all of a sudden? Don't tell me you like her~"
"I will neither confirm or deny that statement."
"Choji can you help me out here? Shikamaru won't tell me if he likes (Y/N) or not."
"Sorry, no can do. If Shikamaru doesn't want to tell you something you'll have to use genjutsu to get it out of him." Choji shrugged as Shikamaru smiled to himself, glad to know that Choji was on his side.

"Ugghhh, fine. But where's your gift?"
"In my card." Ino glared suspiciously at Choji before turning around as Asuma chuckled.

"No need to be so tense Ino, I'm sure (Y/N) will be happy to see us. You did come up with a good plan."
"Thanks Asuma-sensei, at least someone appreciates what I do." Asuma chuckled nervously.

She really won't let go of Shikamaru possibly liking (Y/N)...

"Hey guys! There she is!" Choji pointed you out as you walked outside of the restaurant, you were still wearing your waitress uniform, but your apron was over your arm with your purse in the other hand.

"Hey (Y/N)! What're you doing?!" Ino asked, making you turn to greet the group as Ino ran up to you.

"I'm uh...leaving...my shift is over, sorry guys, but you just missed me, sorry guys."
"We're not here for that! Come on!" Before you could blink, Ino grabbed your arm and dragged you inside.

"H..hey! What's going on?!" You asked Ino as the hostess nodded to Ino.
"The booth you requested is ready ma'am."
"Great! Thanks!" Ino called as she continued to drag you to the back where the reserved booths for parties of five or more were held, not answering your questions. She pushed back the curtain as you entered the booth.

"What is going on?" You repeated again as Ino just grinned at you as the others filed in.

"Isn't it obvious? We're throwing you a surprise birthday party!"
"But how did you even know I was...(B/F/N)!" Your gaze slowly slid to the entrance, where you saw your best friend peeking into the booth, she started when she realized that you caught her.

"Sorry! But you deserve a nice birthday! Bye!" (B/F/N) ran off, making you huff.

"Honestly..." you sighed, rubbing the back of your neck, Ino's jaw dropped as she looked between you and Shikamaru.

"Well, might as well stay since you guys put in so much effort." You agreed in the similar tone of Shikamaru's, but you had a smile on your face as your eyes shone with appreciation for what the four did for you.

"Alright, well why don't we get this party started!" Asuma grinned, you smiled in response.

"Yeah!"

-Timeskip-

Ever since you first started working at that particular restaurant, you noticed the loud activity coming from Team Asuma's table. Usually it was Ino or Shikamaru butting heads, or Ino scolding Choji for taking all the pork. You would occasionally be serving them until your manager noticed how much you enjoyed serving the restaurant's possibly best customers and how much they liked having you as their waitress, so your manager put you in that area where that particular booth as often as they possibly could. At first you were too awkward, for how could you possibly talk to the ones you've admired from afar for so long? But you eventually eased into this new role with them, learning their names and that they were of the same ninja squad and came to the restaurant after missions. Sometimes you would see Shikamaru and Choji out on the street, engaging in conversation about some new chip flavor or training, but you would quicken your pace, still too nervous to interact with your favorite customers in such a public space. When you found yourself unable to see Shikamaru and Choji walking the streets or Ino in her flower shop you figured they were on a mission and awaited their return, worrying when sometimes weeks went by where you didn't see them, which made you worry until you saw them at their booth, bickering as they usually did. And every time you saw them your smile was genuine, happy that they returned safe and sound from their mission. So it didn't take long after that for you to be genuine friends with the four. But never did you think this would happen, being part of their table as Ino bickered with Choji about saving you some pork and Shikamaru adding in that they can just order more as Mr. Asuma was now checking his wallet. This was what you saw every time they came to your restaurant and you were so glad you could experience it like you've always secretly wished.

"Come on (Y/N)! Grab the pork! Quick! Before Choji takes it!" Ino told you as she was piling the cooked pork into your plates.

"R...right!" You agreed, mimicking her actions of getting as much pork as you could.
"Hey! Stop being such hogs!"
"Well we wouldn't have to be hogs if you just shared once in awhile!" Ino shot back.
"Can you two calm down? Honestly, we can just order more."
"Yeah, what Shikamaru said." Asuma rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Hey (Y/N)! Happy birthday!" One of the older girls wished you.

"Thanks!" You grinned, she smiled back before leaving the booth.

"That's the fifth one now. Is every waitress in the restaurant going to wish you happy birthday?" Shikamaru asked.
"Probably yeah, is that a problem?"
"Nah, it's just kinda weird having people popping in and out like they have. That's all, the people who work here must really like you."
"Yeah well, I just try to be friendly and help where I can, that's all." You shrugged as you went back to your plate with a small blush on your cheeks.

Sure you liked Shikamaru, how could you not? But it's not like you would ever act on your feelings. He was a ninja, he probably had better things to do than to worry about some waitress like you.

As the party continued laughter and chatter filled the booth, making you both wonder if this happiness that filled your chest was something every ninja experienced with their comrades and you hoped that maybe someday you would experience this happiness again.

-Timeskip-

"That was fun! But I should get going, don't want to get home too late!" Choji grinned as you exchanged your proper goodbyes.

"My apartment is that way too, so I should get going as well." Asuma smiled as he pat Choji on the back.

"Come on Choji! We should get going." Asuma suggested as Choji followed him.

"Yes sir!"

"I should get going too, my parents will blow a gasket if I stay out any longer!" Ino grinned, walking in the other direction, now it was just you and Shikamaru.

"Oh uh...my home is that way, I'll uh...I'll see you later Shikamaru..." you tried not to stutter as you readjusted your hold on your waitressing apron which was now used to hold all of the gifts that Ino, Choji and Mr. Asuma gave you throughout the night.

"My parents won't mind if I walk you home." Shikamaru commented nonchalantly, keeping pace with you.
"Are you...are you sure?" You asked in surprise.

"I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't sure."

"O...oh, alright then. Let's go." You agreed, your apartment complex wasn't far from the restaurant, which was why you chose to work there, but now you wished it was a little farther than it actually was so you could spend more time with Shikamaru.

"That uh...that party you guys threw for me was nice, thank you."

"You shouldn't be thanking me, Ino was the one who put it all together."
"Yeah, but you still showed up, that counts for a thank you, don't you think?"
"I guess, if you really want to." Shikamaru shrugged, you smiled as you looked around the village.

"I do."

"Oh, uh, here. This is your birthday gift."

"Huh?" It was two sets of enamel pins, one food related and the other was from your favorite manga.

"You said you liked that manga once, right? I figured that and the food one would be nice to decorate your apron with like some of the other waitresses." Shikamaru waved it off as you accepted the pins from him. From the dim lighting in the street you could see the shapes and some of the basic colors, you smiled as you traced one before looking up at Shikamaru.

"Thanks Shikamaru! I love them!"

"It was no problem, really. I just saw them at some merchant's stall while I was passing by." You smiled at the pins again, your eyes occasionally flicking up to your surroundings to make sure you were going the right way. Silence took over the conversation as Shikamaru observed you from the corner of his eye.

"Oh, here's my apartment building. Thanks for walking me to my apartment building Shikamaru."
"Oh, uh, you're welcome." You smiled at him, waving with the pins he got you in hand before turning to walk towards the building.

"Uh, (Y/N), wait a second will ya?"
"Hm?" You turned to face Shikamaru as walked towards you until he was unnervingly close, making your cheeks subconsciously flush at the close proximity.

"So uh, me and my squad are going on a mission tomorrow, maybe when I get back I can take you out on a uh, y'know, maybe a date..." Shikamaru muttered scratching his cheek as he averted his eyes before glancing to you, your cheeks flared when you realized what he was asking. You looked at the ground in front of you, but even then he could see the smile on your face.
"I would uh...I would like that...a lot." Shikamaru sighed in relief, a small smile appearing on his lips.

"Alright, sounds good. I'll see ya then." Shikamaru began to walk off before stopping and turning towards you, "oh yeah. One more thing, please don't tell Ino."
"Hm? Why?" You asked, tilting your head.

"Because if she finds out we're going on a date I won't ever hear the end of it."
"Was it what you two were arguing about the last time you came to the restaurant?"

"Yeah."
"I see...you're secret's safe with me then! I'll see you later Shikamaru! Yeah?" You grinned before walking towards your apartment, Shikamaru smiled and nodded to himself as he started to walk home.

Yeah...until then

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 1K 43
I won't take any requests for now since I'm afraid that my lack of inspiration would delay them ^^; No lemons please and all the oneshots here are re...
58.8K 915 34
A bunch of one shots of Kakashi ships. I'm a huge Kakashi stan and a huge multi-shipper. Some of the one shots will be influenced by pictures and oth...
150K 1.8K 42
Book of oneshots about all sorts of anime and manga characters. Boys and girls. All of 'em. I take requests too. Just PM me or leave it in the comm...
1K 16 7
A book featuring multiple characters from multiple fandoms. A/N: My last book was taken down so this is technically a continuation of it. I will be a...