The Love Triangle (Book #1)

By Dusk2Dawn

**This book is completed but will be edited immensely later (by which it may be very different to the origina... More

Chapter 1 - Riley
Chapter 2 - The New Guy
Chapter 3 - Unexpected
Chapter 4 - Thinking Things
Chapter 5 - Pain At The Party
Chapter 6 - The Day After Yesterday
Chapter 7 - Daddy's Back
Chapter 8 - Aching Inside
Chapter 9 - Heated Up
Chapter 10 - Bonding Time
Chapter 11 - Hidden
Chapter 12 - Back To Hell
Chapter 13 - Breaking Point
Chapter 14 - Accidents Happen
Chapter 15 - Familiar Eyes
Chapter 16 - Resting Attack
Chapter 17 - Twisted
Chapter 18 - No Going Back
Chapter 19 - Inner Wolf
Chapter 20 - Punishment Or Reward
Chapter 21 - Dumb Pretty Girl
Chapter 22 - The Chase
Chapter 23 - Too Far
Chapter 24 - Mine
Chapter 25 - All About You
Chapter 26 - Friend Or Foe
Chapter 27 - Whispers
Chapter 28 - Unbelievable
Chapter 29 - Muted
Chapter 30 - Playing The Role
Chapter 31 - Return
Chapter 32 - Misunderstandings
Chapter 33 - Countdown
Chapter 34 - Time
The Love Triangle - Epilogue

Chapter 35 - Alpha Owned

15.8K 524 158
By Dusk2Dawn

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I covered my mouth with my hands, staring down at the limp body under me. There was a moment's silence. My body was shaking and I couldn't stop. I could feel the silent tears already running down my cheeks as I felt my body go dead by seeing his.

Andrew and Carter broke the silence by laughing out loud. I looked up at them with hatred, disgust and disbelief. How could they laugh at this?!

I didn't respond to them, forgetting that they were even there because all that mattered was Tristan and me. I started crying louder instead, tears spilling down from my eyes, gliding down my neck and I dropped down as my knees failed on me, staring at a dead Tristan. I clutched my hair, wanting to pull it out, getting a sudden urge to hurt myself for all times I hurt him, I screamed and cried at the same time, going more and more insane by the second.

This couldn't be true. No, it couldn't. He would wake up. He always wakes up.

I remember how in the classroom, Carter had slashed him across the back and he had taken it. He always woke up. He always comes back for me. He's not dead. No. He is not dead.

I touched him gently, trying not to look at the blood on his back even though I could see the words carved into his skin. I turned him over, not wanting to hurt him eventhough he couldn't feel it, and saw him with his eyes closed, as if he was sleeping. I sobbed even harder. My Tristan. My Tristan was dead. I knew, that in that moment, I could never live again.

He was everything!

He was everything to me!

I hate everyone! I hate life! I hate death!

I hate everything about the world!

I was angry at the universe and everything in it. I was angry at fate, destiny and how it all turned out. I was angry at everything for taking him away from me!

He was the only thing that I needed! The only thing that kept me going!

Why did he have to die?

Why?!

Why wasn't it me?!

I saw memories of us in my head, the first time I met him, how he stalked me, how he never let me go, how he bit me, how he said the sweetest things, how his kisses felt, how he comforted me when I was upset, all the times he told me he loved me, more and more scenes of him and us flooded into my head, making me feel like I was about to explode.

He didn't deserve to die!

I should have died instead!

He was such a good person! He had such a pure heart! Better than mine!

I felt guilty for all the times I shouted at him, I rejected him, how I said I hated him but one thing hit me the most.

The time I told him I didn't care if he died and that he should go rot in hell.

I didn't mean it. I didn't mean it!

This is all my fault!

All of our memories together were still fresh in my head, I wish I could take all the bad ones back but I couldn't. I wish I could stop him the night he left, but I couldn't. All I could do now was wish.

I didn't need all the others, I just needed him. I had wasted 9 years of my life on Riley, when I should have spent them with Tristan. I've made so many mistakes and I wanted to take them all of out of my life, I thought he had raped me but he hadn't, he was just trying to save what we had. Without him doing that, our bond would've broken.

I wish he would just come back to me, I wish I could still tell me I love him, I wish I could say I was sorry. I looked down at his lips, lips that I would never kiss again, I can't live without getting a taste of them. I wish he would open his eyes, just so I could still get a glimpse at those familiar, piercing, intense, light brown eyes.

I hugged him, trying to ignore the fact that he couldn't hug me back.

"Please," I sobbed, feeling the pain and misery making my voice wobble. "Please, come back to me."

I didn't care that everyone else were here, I just wanted him back more than ever.

"Awh. Isn't that a touching sight?" I heard Andrew say. I hugged Tristan closer to me, wishing he would wake up more than ever.

"Why?" I asked shakily, looking at Andrew through wet eyes. "Why are you doing this?"

"Ah. There's the question I was hoping you would ask." he grinned and sat on a chair, crossing a leg over the other while Carter stood smirking at me. "It's simple really. Power."

"W-what?" I asked, trying to memorize Tristan's scent but it was slowly fading away into the tension and dark humour of the air.

"Oh Scarlett, you don't know much about the werewolf world, do you?" he smiled at me, but I saw the danger behind it. I slowly reached into my pocket without them noticing and pressed the button on the thing that one of the pack member's gave me. "You see, I made a mistake 17 years ago. By making you with the wrong woman. So now, you are, unfortunately, my eldest child."

"She wasn't the wrong woman! You were the wrong man!" I shouted at him, holding Tristan close.

"Hmm... is that so? Stop it Carter," he snapped at Carter who was going to pounce at me with anger. I glared at him. "Tell me Scarlett, can you imagine yourself having children with another man-sorry-boy other than Tristan?"

I couldn't.

"Well, that seems like your only choice now, doesn't it?" he continued, chuckling darkly, the cruelty of the noise echoing across the room. "Anyway. The thing is, after I die, my Alpha title will go to my eldest child. Which turned out to be you. But, since you're a girl, and Alphas are boys, the title will go to your mate. And the title has to go to someone who has Alpha blood in them, and it just so happened to be that Tristan was already an Alpha."

I get it now. I looked back down at Tristan, which triggered my emotions again. He looked so peaceful, so innocent. I felt like contaminated dirt next to what was the closest thing to an angel.

"Oh god, just forget about him, will you?" he rolled his eyes, shaking his head at me, and carried on. "So, since Tristan is your mate, my title, the most powerful Alpha of the world, will go to him. Understand?"

I was dizzy, and I wanted to commit suicide more than ever.

"So, I killed Tristan. But, now that he's dead," he said, empathising the word, making me cry even harder, hoping that his pack will come soon. "I'll tell you what he wouldn't tell you." pause. "Tristan was always meant to be the world's powerful Alpha. But on the day of decision, which is when the first and second Alphas of the world fight for the titles, I tricked Tristan into not going. But he still turned out to be the strongest. Do you get it?"

I didn't say anything.

"Oh! And one more thing. You know how Tristan 'cheated' on you? Well, he didn't. I got one of my pack members to hide and stalk him to his house, the guy shot drugs into Tristan's blood, yes, we drugged him. Clever, wasn't it?" he grinned at me. "The drug, which only works on werewolves, it would kill a human, causes the werewolf to have hallucinations, imagining different people on others, confusion, and all that. So it was perfect. Tristan got drugged, thought Natalie was you, and everything work out great in the end. You thought he cheated on you. But you should have known that poor little Tristan would always be faithful to you, god, even I knew that he would rather die than cheat on you."

I understood everything now. As he talked, I stayed silent, my eyes flickering left to right on the floor as the pieces were fixed together.

He was the reason for everything that happened between us.

He was the reason that we had all those fights.

It was all him!

My own blood-related father!

I should have realized long ago, but I remember when he had randomly returned. The first night when I had that huge fight with him. He said something that I just noticed now.

And you think that changes things? What kind of father leaves his whole family for a random slut? Plus you were drunk, how would you even know if she was your mate or not? You might be my dad, but I will never want to be your daughter.

She is not a slut. And that's a bit rich coming from you.

Please, you picked her up at a what, strip club?

Enough! Well, I wonder what you and Tristan got up to in his house.

He had said "I wonder what you and Tristan got up to in his house."

How would he have known I was in his house? He was following me! All this time, me and Tristan have always been watched, and neither of us realized.

"But-but what about Carter?" I asked.

"Carter?" he blurted out, laughing. "Carter? No, he was just a plan B. I was hoping that Carter would mate you because by law, whoever mates you first, is your mate. So after I died, I would atleast get the chance to give it someone I wanted the title to go to."

I didn't say anything. Instead, I crawled beside Tristan, resting my head against his chest, hearing his heartbeat get quieter by the minute. My functions were slowly shutting down too, the light he had planted into me getting controlled by the darkness.

"Oh, by the way? You were drugged too." what?

"The day I took you out to that shop to eat? While you were in the toilet, I put the drug in your drink. Which is why you kissed me later on." Carter explained. I cried even harder. Who else had I been tricked by? Everyone! The only person that had remained faithful was Tristan! And he was gone!

He was gone!

I can't live without him. I really can't.

All those times he tried to convince me he didn't cheat on me, all those times he was telling me the truth. All those times I thought I was going through pain, he was going through depression because I wouldn't believe him. I remembered when I went to his house to find broken glass on the floor, he had done so much to get me, more than any normal man would have done.

"Kill me." I pleaded.

"What?"

"Kill me!" I screamed. I might as well get killed by the same people who killed my mate. I wanted to die. I wanted to be with Tristan. Life is worthless to me now.

"No can do." I heard Carter say and he started approaching towards me. He grabbed me by the wrist and started pulling me away from Tristan. I started screaming, crying, shouting, sobbing and going insane. "You're coming with me."

"Awh, what's wrong Scar?" Andrew asked mockingly. "Your prince charming isn't here to save you now, is he?"

My brain started searching through the labyrinth of my mind, trying to find an answer to the situation. Tristan said that wolves can die the normal way but it takes ages for the life to go, but what else? Wait. Tristan was still alive. His wolf.

I burst into my own wolf, hurting Carter in the process, but I didn't care. I needed Tristan to come back again, to me. If he didn't, I swear I will commit suicide.

"No!" I heard Andrew shout and saw him stand up, the same time the door flew open and loads of guys walked in, each one getting an angry and shocked expression as they looked at their dead Alpha. I recognized them, they were all from Tristan's pack. So what was I supposed to do?

A Luna without her mate?

That's like talking about a balloon without air.

I looked at each of their faces, knowing that they understood what was going on. I looked down at Tristan, who looked down peaceful, lying on top of a pool of dark red blood.

He was gone.

I'll do anything to get him back.

I nestled my head in his neck, hoping that he would wake up. I felt the blood rushing in his veins but then they slowly died away. I couldn't smell his scent anymore, instead the air was filled with an odour I didn't want to be smelling. I missed him. I missed him so much.

Anger welled up inside of me, retaliation rushing through my veins, as I felt the fire burn deeply in my eyes, a fire ignited with pure hatred. They had tortured him and then killed him right infront of me. I will never forget that.

As I felt the life vanishing little by little from his body, I felt half of my heart disappearing along. It was like someone was erasing what Tristan had left in me, which was everything.

I was trying to contact his wolf and trigger it to come to the surface somehow. But as I lay there for a few seconds, nothing happened.

"Oh." Andrew broke the silence. "It didn't work."

"What happened?!" I heard Riley shout, his hands clutching his head. I kept on staring at Tristan. I sat down in wolf form, keeping both my front paws together and stared at him calmly.

Wake up, please, wake up, for me, just once, please...

The words kept on repeating in my head like a desperate prayer I wanted to be fulfilled immediately. But God decided today wasn't the day.

I started screaming and crying inside my head, I was pretty sure the rest of the pack could sense my grief and distress because they all shifted into their wolves. The men with guys shifted into their wolves too and suddenly I was surronded by big, furry creatures, fighting eachother to the death.

The pack were fighting and I knew that they were putting all their strength into it, they were fighting for my pain and the loss that we all shared, fighting for their dead Alpha until they could not fight anymore.

I let out a yelp when I felt sharp claws sink into my neck. I fell to a side, jumping away from the sudden contact and felt a slow trickle of blood running down my neck. I couldn't keep my eyes open for long because everything started going blurry but I was happy. I felt too much blood rushing down my body as Andrew hit me again, I was happy because I knew if he keeps doing that, I'll die. I'll be able to see Tristan again.

But if Tristan was here, what would he want me to do? Keep fighting.

I tried to stand up but all four of my paws were quivering with weakness, and before I could even look up, Andrew had striked me again. I let out another yelp as I felt the life about to vanish from my body.

All of a sudden, I heard silence. Was I dead?

Or had Andrew ripped away my sense of hearing? Had I gone deaf?

But I could still feel my body, I could still feel the life inside of me. I then realized that everyone had frozen because we could all feel a more powerful presence enter the room.

My ears twitched and I looked at Tristan, hearing his heart pick up speed. He was alive.

We all watched in utter shocked silence as he burst into his wolf, my eyes widening at the miracle. I thought you can't shift when your back is severely damaged? Who cares?!

He's back! He's actually back!

As soon as he was in wolf form, he launched himself infront of me protectively and gave a threatening, spine-chilling growl at Andrew. I stood up straight, feeling the strength take over me as I started walking slowly towards Tristan, and stood beside him. Surprisingly, he sent a growl my way that sounded like 'Stay where you are and you are not to interfere with anything that happens from now.'

I bowed down my head, giving into his command, and started to walk backwards, staying behind him.

I saw the faint outline of his cut on his wolf's back and it hurt me, but I decided to stay back because now, I am going to listen to every word he says.

I watched as Andrew's black wolf lunged at me but Tristan's dark, brown one lunged at him instead. I looked around and saw that everyone else were fighting with eachother too, Riley was up against Carter. I noticed that every single one of them were trying to get me, but I was surronded by Tristan's pack, all of which were protecting me.

A loud, booming roar of a growl caught my attention as I turned back to Tristan. I saw that both his front paws rested on Andrew's chest as his wolf lay down on the floor, dead.

Andrew was dead. My father was dead.

And my mate had killed him.

Strangely, I was happy. And proud.

But sad too. Maybe Andrew could have changed, realize that life isn't all about power.

I gulped in wolf form and watched as Tristan helped the others.

I stood awkwardly, staying away from the others because Tristan had told me to.

I watched as they pounced at eachother, reaching for eachother's throats, I could hear skin ripping, bones cracking, screaming, and more horrifying sounds that my mind wouldn't allow me to think about which side it came from. I could see so many dead wolves on the floor, their souls wandering between life and death. I just hoped none of them were from our pack.

In an hour or so, there were none of Andrew's men left. Maybe one or two but they had ran away.

We had won.

I looked around for Tristan and finally met his gorgeous eyes. I felt the life returning into me but as we both reached towards eachother, I fell down unconscious but not before I saw the sight of him collapsing too.

Tristan's POV

They've kept me here for so long that I've lost count of the days, my memory fading away as each drop of blood dripped onto the floor. They marked a letter into my skin each day and since 'Alpha Owned' had 10 letters, it had to be more than ten. I've been here for more than ten days because after they cut it over the long gashes that Carter gave me across my back, they stopped for a while. But I guess that's when the real torture began.

Atleast 3 or 5 times a day, I think it was 3 because every morning, afternoon and night, Andrew and his pack, including Carter, would come and watch me suffer. They stretched my back, stretching my cuts, stretching my muscles into unbearable pain while they watched me and laughed.

They would mock the strongest Alpha of the world, knowing that he was too weak to fight back.

They would mock the world's second most powerful Alpha, knowing that he didn't fit into his title.

They would mock the boy inside of me, knowing that he wasn't able to grow into a man just yet.

I hated it.

But the one thing they couldn't mock me about was that I was the mate of the most beautiful girl in the world, because I wouldn't let them. I wouldn't let them drag Scar's name through the dirt like they did with mine, I won't allow it.

They wouldn't let me eat anything, but werewolves can survive up to 20 days without eating.

They would just randomly throw buckets of water at me, and I tried my best to catch some in my mouth, trying to moist my tongue.

I already knew the reason why they were doing this. It's all Andrew's fault.

He drugged me. If only Scar would know.

If only she knew that I didn't cheat on her, not intentionally.

And if I didn't mean to cheat or hurt her intentionally, I don't think it counts as cheating.

Why can't they just let us to be happy?

All I wanted was to have a normal life. I wanted to have a house, where me and Scar's children could grow in a safe world. I was so ready for marriage, I was so ready to have children. I wanted to be the dad I never had, I was ready to coach my son for the soccer team, I was ready to protect my daughter from the bad guys who would break her heart, and I was ready to keep my wife safe and happy.

I bowed my head down, never moving my position of kneeling down.

"Oi! Look at me when I'm talking to you!" I heard Andrew shout and then felt a sharp slap on my left cheek. I clenched my jaw in anger before glaring up at him, not wanting to waste my time, energy and breath on him. "Right. Here's the deal. You tell Scar you hate her or we will kill her."

Stabs of pain hit my chest as I imagined her dead.

"What?" I asked, buying myself time to think.

"I'm going to call her up, yes? You still with me?" he talked to me as if I was a toddler and it was infuriating me. "I want you to see what she really thinks of you. So tell her you hate her, and see what happens, if you don't, I will hurt her."

"How can you hurt your own daughter?" I asked, looking at him disgustedly, knowing that I would never hurt mine... if I had one.

"It's easy. I don't consider her as one." he snorted with laughter as if it was the best joke ever. I looked down, clenching my fists in anger. "So, will you do it Tristan? How far will you go to save her? Or will you live the rest of your life knowing that you never even took the chance?"

When I get out of this, I am going to kill him and no one is going to stop me. Not even Scar.

"Fine." I said through a wall of clenched teeth.

"Great! I'm going to go to her house now and Carter will stay here with you, with the phone." he said before leaving, wearing his long, ruby-red, robes. Ugh. One hour and a half later, after they served me unusually (they actually gave me a glass of water), Carter came in, wearing the same type of robes but in black.

"Hmm... now you're going to see who she really wants." he said, smirking and holding the phone near me. Before he pressed 'call', he spoke to me first. "You have to act natural or I will hurt her, you've already seen how I do that, haven't you? By the way, here's what you have to say."

Two of their pack members held up a board, the words I'll have to say already written up on it.

I didn't say anything. I waited until they picked up. A few more minutes and I heard a voice.

"Hi." I heard Andrew say on the phone.

"Why are you here?" I heard a quiet angelic voice say, bringing my insides back to life.

"I have something for you." Andrew said as me and Carter both leaned in to listen.

"What is it?" she asked vulnerably, making me want to protect her even if I can't protect myself.

"A call from Tristan." Andrew said. Scar replied after a few seconds.

"Why would I need to talk to him?" she half snapped, but I could tell she was really tired.

"He wants to talk to you." his voice grew louder. "Scar's here. Is there anything you want to say Tristan?"

The pain of losing her and the determination of not letting that happen battled inside of me and I took a glance at the words on the board, got it in my memory, closed my eyes tight and said the words that I knew would crush her.

"Yes." I said, trying to sound normal, and succeeding, only because I didn't want her to worry about me. "I hate you Scar. I never wanted you. You were a good person to use for the last few months, but now you're just boring. I never want to see you again. Get out of my life."

"Well guess what? I hate you too." her voice sound confident and so sure. "You were always boring to me Tristan, I guess we were both players but now that I know Carter's actually my mate, I'm tying myself down to one guy. I don't need you in my life, I never did. So why don't you get out of it and be a desperate psychopath somewhere else?"

My heart ached with pain as I heard her say the words without any hint of regret. Even if she was a player, I wanted to be the guy to make her stop going out with all the others. I want her back so badly but it was too late. I had lost her to Carter.

Carter ended the call and looked at me, grinning. I looked down, my heart hurting me more than my back did, infact the pain was so great that everything else felt numb. She had wanted Riley, not me. And now, she wants Carter, not me. When will she ever learn that I'm the only one she needs?

They stretched my back again, but I shut my eyes tight, forcing myself to scream from the agony that was effecting me inside and out.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

I hung my head down, not caring about the day of which they set me free. What do I have to live for anyway?

There's just my pack, but, they don't care about me, they just listen to me for the sake of it. I miss her. I miss her so much.

I heard footsteps coming my way but I didn't look up, it was probably one of them... plus, I was so tired, I couldn't even blink. I felt a soft touch lift up my chin and through the sleepy slits of my eyes, I could make out a girl with deep red hair and bluey-green eyes. She was here... why?

I felt her arms go around my neck and she pulled me close, soothing the headache that has been growing inside my skull for days. Her scent made me stronger, giving me the reason to fight back no matter what. She pulled back and I felt her hands hold the sides of my head, I was trying to stay awake, but it was hard. My eyes kept on closing.

"Tristan?" I heard her say, worriedly. "Please, please, stay alive, for me. Please."

I was trying. I was trying to. But I knew that one more 'stretch' or cut would kill me.

I smiled slowly, knowing that there was a bit of feeling for me left in her, she had come all this way, for me, and she wanted me to stay alive. I heard her give me a relieved laugh and I calmed down, not being able to see her. I stopped smiling, remembering what she said on the phone.

"Scar." I tried to say, hoping she would hear.

"Yes? Yes, what is it? We're going to get out here, okay?" she kissed my cheek gently and pulled me closer again, making me feel warm again but also making me let out a groan. She had accidently hurt me. "Oh, sorry!"

I shook my head just a little bit, too tired to do it properly, trying to tell her not to apologise.

"No. I'm sorry." I apologised, before remembering why I had stopped smiling. "You said you hate me."

"No! No, I didn't mean it, I swear. I love you!" she shouted, it sounded real, but... no. I'm used to her wanting someone else.

"No." I smiled miserably, with my eyes still closed. "You love him."

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

I screamed for how I couldn't be happy, I screamed for how I'm all alone in the world, I screamed for how much I love Scar, I screamed for how she always wanted someone else other than me, I screamed for all the times I thought she was mine, and I screamed the life out of me.

My back was bursting with pain as I felt blood trickle down my back in a slow motion. I felt my muscles stretch as they tortured me infront of her, while I was screaming, I looked up at the ceiling and clenched my fists tight, hoping, wishing, praying, that God would stop this.

I could hear Scar crying and sobbing but it just made me scream even louder because of the pain happening internally and externally. My wolf was screaming with me, his back being tormented too.

"Stop it!" I heard her scream loudly. "Stop it! Just stop it please!"

I couldn't hear how they responded back to her because I knew that I was dying. I needed to stay alive to protect her, I needed to stay strong to prove them wrong. I needed to... needed to...

Thankfully, they stopped and let the chains off of me, making my wrists reach my sides. I grunted and felt a presence come near me. Every second, I could feel the life disappearing within me, but I wasn't going to tell her that.

"T-Tristan?" I heard her stammer nervously. I looked up at her slowly, trying to tell her everything with my eyes. To be careful, to be safe, and to stay happy. There were so many others things I wanted to say but at the moment, there was only one thing that was needed to be said.

"I-I'm sorry." I pleaded before memories quickly played in my head. The first time I saw her, the first time I marked her, her smile, the shape of her eyes and the colour, her refreshing kisses, her small, fragile body that I would do anything to protect. Too bad I never even got the chance to mate her.

I felt the blood oozing bit by bit out of my body as I collapsed. I knew that action would cause pain because I couldn't go on anymore, but laughter was something I didn't expect. Then I heard the crying, sobbing and screaming start, but I couldn't comfort her, no matter how much I wanted to. It was as if I was stuck in a lucid dream yet it was real. I knew I was here, wondering why I wasn't dead yet.

Oh right, the life is going to take a while to go... this is going to be painful.

I felt myself shrink back by the second into where my wolf stays for most of the time, I was naked and alone, feeling more exposed than ever, but I didn't care. Clothes weren't the problem right now. I looked at my hand in the dark to see it fading away. I started breathing heavily, feeling my lungs disappearing too.

Then almost as soon as I started disappearing, it was like time had rewinded, fixing my body back into place. I saw my wolf run past me towards the new light at the end of the room, and I followed. We ran side by side, I didn't know where we were going but all I knew is that whatever was waiting for me, I had no power to change it.

As soon as I went into the light, everything changed and the scene in which I died in came rushing back to me. I realized that I was in my wolf form and the first person my eyes saw was Andrew. I launched myself infront of Scar protectively, sending Andrew a booming growl.

I felt Scar creep up next to me but I sent a growl her way too, I didn't want her to help me with this, there were so many reasons, like she could get hurt, but mainly because no one was going to get involve with what was going to happen from now.

She bowed her head and moved back, and for once, I liked it. I liked the power and control I had.

Andrew tried to pounce on Scar but I met him halfway, I glared at him with my eyes, challenging him to touch her, and growled harshly through my mouth. I slashed him like his side kick, Carter, slashed me and he retreated back. Not so tough now?

He was never meant to be the world's most powerful Alpha, I was! And today, I'm taking my title back!

I lunged for his throat and heard a satisfying cry of pain and a loud crack before I killed him. I pounded him down to the floor with my two front paws, feeling his power flow into me. He was dead. And I had killed him.

Scarlett's POV

I gasped and sat up straight, looking around at the white room and letting out a cry of pain. I knew this room. It looked so familiar. Where was I again?

"She's awake!" someone said. I looked around, confused and my head bursting with pain. My arm was hurting too, I looked at it and realized that there were 3 claw marks that were burning my skin with unbearable agony.

Someone's cool hands touched my forehead.

"She's got a temperature." I heard someone else say. I closed my eyes tight and lay back down, starting to scream. Something was missing from my life. Something so important.

I flashed my eyes open.

"Where's Tristan?" I asked.

"Where's Scar?" I heard him demand the same time I asked.

I looked to my left slowly as I saw him look to his right. He was on the bed next to mine.

Everything was quiet.

I didn't even realize everyone was gone until we were alone. I got up slowly, each one of my muscles aching as I walked towards him, his eyes told me to be careful and I smiled reassuringly at him. He gingerly sat up straight and as I got closer, he put an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I crawled under the covers with him, and rested my head on his shoulder.

Every pain I had felt seconds ago, faded away in his warmth and safety, because the moment I had gotten closer to him, everything else had become blurry and it was only him and I in the world.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. I breathed in his scent, the wonderful aroma I thought I had lost forever. I pulled back and moved up a bit so that I was level with his face. I looked at his light brown eyes as he stared into my blue-green ones. I looked at his scruffy hair and put my hand on his cheek. He had some stubble but it made him look more manly, older, and attractive.

Neither of us said anything. Because there was nothing else to say.

I leaned closer, and closed my eyes, feeling his soft lips moving against mine. I kissed him back tenderly, I missed the taste of lips, I ran my hand through his hair and pulled his head closer but still kissed him gently.

I missed him so much, and now that he was here, I had never felt more alive. I was so happy that he was back because now, I will never let him go. I wanted to clear my head of the bad memories when I had thought he was dead, the scare had been too much for me to handle, but that scare made me realize that I never want to lose him.

I pulled back for a while and we both looked at eachother as if it was the first time. I saw his eyes scan my face and then my body to check for any kind of harm. I smiled at him as he did that, thinking that it was really sweet how he still cared about me when he's the one who almost fully died.

I put my arms around his neck and pulled him close, hugging him until he couldn't breath. He hugged me back just as tightly though and pulled back to smile at me before kissing my cheek.

2 months later

"Can I open my eyes now?" I asked. Tristan had blindfolded me and he was holding my hand, guiding me to a place with a name he had left unknown to my mind.

"Nope." he pulled me gently by the hand. "Watch your step."

I got on something and kept on walking until he stopped me.

"How about now?" I asked.

"No. Give me just a second." he let go off of my hand and I panicked, spreading out my hands in search for him. In about a second or two, he had grabbed my hand back. "Just a minute."

I waited for 'just a minute' by resting myself against Tristan as he wrapped an arm around my waist. His back was better now, there were no battle scars there anymore... don't worry, I checked. A lot.

We were both healthy now, plus his birthday went by, he was twenty now. And I was still 17. Ugh. I feel so young.

We still haven't mated yet... and you know what, I don't even know why.

Anyway, this was our first date and I was so excited. He hadn't told me where we were going and I hated surprises.

"You can open your eyes now." he whispered in my ear as he unwrapped my blindfold off of my eyes. I opened my eyes one by one and what I saw took my breath away.

I gasped and moved away from the sight, leaning back into Tristan.

"Oh my god." I said quietly.

We were in a hot air balloon and it was twilight. The sky was just fading into a dark blue and stars were coming out. I could see the orange sun peeking out of the horizon, its rays getting washed down from the blue of the sky above it. The weather was warm but a little chilly, just perfect for this kind of landscape. The land below us had people just switching on lights and everything looked so beautiful.

"Do you like it?" he asked nervously from behind me.

"How do you come up with this stuff?" I asked, laughing. He wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed my cheek.

"I don't know." he replied, chuckling. "I've always wanted a person to spend my money on."

"Well, too bad for you, I just happened to be the saving type. Seriously, how much did this cost?"

"Money doesn't matter to me, babe. As long as you're happy, so am I."

We flew across the sky, watching the stars shining brightly above us, I loved where we were. Under the stars yet over land.

I looked at Tristan, my mate. Thoughtful, caring, loving, sensitive, strong, tempting, handsome, clever, the perfect boyfriend.

I needed him as much as he needed me.

I loved him as much as he loved me.

I wanted him as much as he wanted me.

There was a powerful connection between us, and it had grown stronger every day, with every kiss, every hug and every fight. Through all the hate, anger, love, and care, there was always us. Complicated, difficult, us.

Trapped in a world where only power matters, we survived with love. A love that expressed itself through ways even we didn't understand, and you know what? Sometimes we still don't. Every fight that we've had, just made us closer, and if you're the perfect couple, the more fights you have, the more you love eachother.

I've learnt that there's three sides to people.

A side that they show.

A side that others want to see.

And a side that you try to hide as much as you can.

I've mostly been the third one, but there's a devil as well as angel inside all of us, and only that one special person would accept both.

And only that one special person is definitely worth keeping.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Hey guys...

I'm so upset to see this book finished! *bawls eyes out like a baby*

I love this book so much!!! And it's the first actual book that I've EVER completed!

Sorry I need a lil time to myself...

Anyway... *composes self*

I've decided to make book two... and I'm not going to tell you how many books I plan to make following this story because you might expect too much from me. O_O So it just might be a book two.

...god I have a lot of work to do...

I want to thank EVERY SINGLE person that has read this book, voted, commented and supported me. I really, really appreciate it because I've never written a teen fiction/werewolf/romance book before and I think it turned out pretty good lol.

So, the epilogue will be up soon and I really, REALLY hope you will help me with book two as much as you did with this one.

Book 2 (the description and intro) will be posted after the epilogue on Tristan's birthday... so if you remember it, you'll know. ;) Oh, and the trailer will also be there. I hope you add the second book to your reading list, vote, COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS (!!!!!), and stay tuned!

THANK U SO MUCH FOR READING!!!

Fan.

Vote.

Comment.

Spread the story.

~Dusk2Dawn~

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 2.4K 62
Although her fathers death hurt her, it was when her mother died that really took a toll on Sierra. The pain she felt was so immense she decides to n...
123K 5.2K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
614K 15.8K 28
After her pack was killed by Rogues, Laura becomes a part of the Blue Moon Pack when the Alpha takes her in. When her Guardian Bond to the Alpha's da...
529K 10.3K 34
**This book is completed but will be edited immensely later (by which it may be very different to the original)** Trailer inside! (Book 2) - Tristan...