The Love Triangle (Book #1)

By Dusk2Dawn

**This book is completed but will be edited immensely later (by which it may be very different to the origina... More

Chapter 1 - Riley
Chapter 2 - The New Guy
Chapter 3 - Unexpected
Chapter 4 - Thinking Things
Chapter 5 - Pain At The Party
Chapter 6 - The Day After Yesterday
Chapter 7 - Daddy's Back
Chapter 8 - Aching Inside
Chapter 9 - Heated Up
Chapter 10 - Bonding Time
Chapter 11 - Hidden
Chapter 12 - Back To Hell
Chapter 13 - Breaking Point
Chapter 14 - Accidents Happen
Chapter 15 - Familiar Eyes
Chapter 16 - Resting Attack
Chapter 17 - Twisted
Chapter 18 - No Going Back
Chapter 19 - Inner Wolf
Chapter 20 - Punishment Or Reward
Chapter 21 - Dumb Pretty Girl
Chapter 22 - The Chase
Chapter 23 - Too Far
Chapter 24 - Mine
Chapter 25 - All About You
Chapter 26 - Friend Or Foe
Chapter 27 - Whispers
Chapter 28 - Unbelievable
Chapter 30 - Playing The Role
Chapter 31 - Return
Chapter 32 - Misunderstandings
Chapter 33 - Countdown
Chapter 34 - Time
Chapter 35 - Alpha Owned
The Love Triangle - Epilogue

Chapter 29 - Muted

15.7K 479 142
By Dusk2Dawn

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

As soon as I landed on the bed, millions of thoughts were buzzing in my mind. I bounced a bit and sat on it, looking straight through my window at Tristan who was glaring swords, daggers, knives and razors at Carter. I saw Carter go up to the window, waved goodbye and saw his cheeks rise up that told me he was smiling, before he closed the curtains on Tristan.

"Why have you changed Carter? What has Andrew done to you?" I asked, my body quivering in fright like a small rabbit.

"Why have you changed Carter? What has Andrew done to you?" he mimicked me, making my voice sound squeaky. "Shut up."

I shut up as I watched him get on all fours on the bed and crawl towards me. I decided to stay strong. Scarlett Evans always had to be in a sentence with feisty in it. I glared at him but he just smirked and kept on coming closer.

"Get away from me." I growled.

"Ooh, you better watch that pretty little mouth of yours." he said, but I'm guessing that was one of his 'rules' now. "Now, you will do as I say."

"And what if I don't?" I raised an eyebrow, challenging him.

"You'll face the consequences." he replied threateningly.

"Get away from me." I repeated.

"I'm fine thanks." he went closer and smelt me, closing his eyes and opening them again. "It's your fault that you're so damn irresistable."

He went even closer as I backed away as far as I could. I knew I'll regret it later but...

"I said, get away from me." I snarled and slapped him as hard as I could muster. He recovered only to glare at me with hard, green eyes. In a flash, his hands went up to my chest and in a blur, he had ripped my bra off. I screamed and grabbed my duvet, covering myself with it.

"And I said, you will obey me." he growled, going on top of me but I was still clutching my duvet and covering myself as much as I could.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I-I'll do what you want." I stuttered, without a choice.

"Good. Now kiss me." he ordered.

"W-what?" I replied stupidly.

"Kiss me, or I'll get Andrew and his men to hurt Tristan." his eyes were amused as he saw how I reacted to Tristan, how I would protect him when it's me who needs the protection. I nodded sadly, agreeing to the deal. I couldn't let Tristan get hurt anymore than he was, otherwise he would die. Carter leaned his head towards me and crashed his lips to mine, I wanted to scream and puke but I did nothing. Instead, I just let him kiss me. "I want you to kiss me back."

"I can't do that." I replied simply, my head was dizzy, it felt like an empty shell.

"Then Tristan will die. And it'll be your fault."

I gulped, the line being branded into my mind and the unbearable pain of seeing Tristan dead eating me alive. I nodded again, looking down as he tried once more. I closed my eyes tight and pretended that this was Tristan, I kissed him as vigourously as I had done in the healing room, putting all my energy into it. He kissed me back too but his hands always kept on exploring me; Tristan didn't do that. Maybe occasionally, but even if his touches were lustful, there was always love and I felt it too.

Carter's touches were just lust. There was no love, nor care. Which is why I broke away after about a minute, when I thought he was satisfied. He rolled off of me and got under the covers with me. I turned my back to him, hugging myself and frozen. I had betrayed myself and Tristan. How could I do this?

Scar, stop blaming yourself, this wasn't your fault. Tristan's voice said in my head. I nearly gasped but stopped when I realized Carter was here. My heart did a leap and was beating fast.

It was, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to kiss him, he made me. He forced me to.

You had no other choice, I don't blame you.

Tristan, are you okay?

I'm fine, how are you?

Not very good.

I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you Scar, but I can't fight him because my human is too weak and so is my wolf.

I know, I understand.

I'll see you in school, okay?

Okay.

I love you.

I love you too.

Bye.

I snapped back to reality as I heard Carter's snoring beside me. Oh, it was night already? I glanced at the window and saw that no sunlight was visible. I guess so. As soon as I knew he was asleep, I started to cry silently, I couldn't stop. I curled up into a ball and cried into my knees. What did everyone want from me?

The only person I wanted to be with was Tristan, I felt betrayed by my own mother who won't believe a word I say, Carter, who changed from a good, supportive friend, to a monstrous creature, Andrew, who is playing with mom's heart and manipulating her feelings and thoughts into thinking Tristan was a bad person.

I hate the world.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

I woke up and saw that Carter was still asleep next to me. I got up silently, wiped my tears and opened my closet. I grabbed the first bra, shirt and trousers I could find and covered my chest with them as I reached for the door.

"Where are you going?" he demanded.

"I-I'm going to change." I said quietly, closing my eyes and praying that he'll actually let me do that.

"Well, you're changing in here."

"Why?" I asked, still not turning around.

"Because I want to watch." he replied simply.

What a disgusting man. I clenched my teeth in anger and sat on the edge of the bed. I was so, so furious that I stayed in silence as I changed my clothes. I finished and got up to leave when he wrapped an arm around my waist and made me sit on his lap.

"By the way," he said against my neck. "I have some rules."

"What are they?" I asked through a wall of clenched teeth.

"Everyday, you will go to school with me. You will stick with me throughout the day, you will not talk to any one of your friends and you will stay away from that psycho Tristan. You will not tell anyone what's going on between us and you will make excuses for any cuts, scars, bruises or redness on your skin." he didn't stop. "You will listen to every word I say, let me do whatever I want, and be back home before 6 or I will hurt Tristan. Is that clear?"

I nodded solemnly.

"Oh, and you will let me touch you whenever I want." he added grinning and sending me a wink. "Now go downstairs and wait for me, or do you want to watch?"

I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs slowly. Every step I took was like I was dragging a camel behind me. I sat in the living room, hugging my knees up to my chest, staring at thin air until Jamie walked in.

"Hi Scar." he said nervously. I didn't reply. "Are you okay?"

I turned my head to face him, his eyes widened at my puffy ones and redness.

"What happened?" he asked, reaching me before I could blink. "Yeah, I know I'm a werewolf."

I nodded gingerly.

"Scar, tell me what happened." he said. I kept on staring at him. I looked at how grown up he looked. His baby fat was all gone, his eyes a deep blue and hair a dark brown. He was taller and thinner, just developing broad shoulders. He was going to a total heartbreaker when he grows up. How old was he again?

I opened my mouth to reply but quickly shut it when Carter opened the door.

"Ready to go Scar?" he asked, smiling. I nodded and held onto my bag, looking at Jamie and wishing I could tell him everything. I looked away before I could start crying and followed Carter outside. I was weak, I hadn't eaten anything and everything was a bit blurry. I felt Carter throw a heavy arm over my frail shoulders and lead me to his car. "Get in."

"Why aren't we walking?" I croaked.

"Because we aren't tramps. Now get in before I make you." he snapped. I looked up as a delicious scent reached my noise. I looked at Tristan's angry face before trying to ignore it and getting in. I rolled the window down so that I could get some fresh air, but regretted it as we drove past Tristan. His face was a mixture of anger, more anger, but mostly pain. I gulped as we arrived to school.

He parked and got out of his side. I waited for him to come around my side and open my door but he didn't. I got out and he grabbed me again. I kept my head down, ignoring everyone's stares. Carter made me stay with him all throughout the morning and I was thankful when the bell went.

"Meet me here at break." he ordered before pecking me revoltingly on my lips and walking off. I wiped my mouth and went up to class. I opened the door anxiously, peeking through to find only 2 eyeballs staring at me. Oh, so everyone wasn't here yet. I closed the door and turned to look at Tristan sitting in his seat, looking worriedly at me.

I walked over, chewing on my lip and looking down. I put my bag on the floor and was about to sit down when Tristan enveloped me in a bone-crushing hug. I was too scared to hug him back, as much as I was tempted to, I kept my hands by my sides. Who knows? Carter could've installed special cameras in this room.

"Scar, I am so sorry," he apologised, holding my head inbetween his hands and planting kisses all over my face. Each one seemed to make my bones melt inside of me, I closed my eyes, leaning into the warmth I've forgotten. "I was so worried. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you, but now I can. Where is that goddamn devil?"

I didn't say anything, just shook my head and sat down.

"Scar? Tell me what's wrong, please." he said, staring longingly into my eyes. He gently held the hands that I placed in my lap but I tugged them back. "Scarlett, I know something's up. What has he done to you? I'm going to kill him."

"No." I managed to say, my voice wobbly. "He'll only hurt you."

"No, he won't. I'm an Alpha Scar, I will protect you." he explained. Well, that was true. But I'm not going to risk putting him in danger so I didn't say anything. "Please, Scar, say something, anything."

But I didn't say anything. I saw the pain in his eyes but I looked away before he could figure out what Carter's doing to me. All of a sudden, I was huddled up in Tristan's protective chest and he was holding me close.

"What has he done to you?" he asked again. "Please talk to me baby."

I wouldn't talk. Instead, I reluctantly pushed him away and looked at the front. I hadn't slept all night, so I looked like a zombie. I crawled up into a ball and didn't look at him again.

I ignored all my friends, even Becky had asked me what was wrong and I didn't answer. I didn't co-operate during lesson and I crawled into ball wherever I sat. At break, I went to the place Carter had ordered me to meet him and saw him. I stood infront of him, clutching my bag. He grabbed my waist and lead me away from my group of friends and Tristan, into the field. We sat down under a tree and he made me sit too close next to him.

"Sit on my lap." he instructed me. I silently sat on his lap and he pulled me close. I looked away, my eyes getting wet with tears but I blinked them away. His hand creeped up my top and stroked my bare stomach. I swallowed back vomit. "Now make out with me."

"Not here." I automatically replied.

"And why not?" he knew. He always knew. Tristan might see. "Do it now."

"No." I was trembling and I just wanted to leave, but I knew that I couldn't.

"Fine. Then I'll do it myself." and with that, he grabbed me towards him and crashed his lips onto mine. I didn't kiss back, but I didn't stop it either. He would hit me. I knew it. So I let him do whatever he wanted. He got on top of me and straddled me but I didn't care. I just didn't respond. I just closed my eyes and hoped this nightmare would end.

Where was Tristan? I needed Tristan.

I felt a huge weight being lifted off of me and looked up to find Tristan lifting up Carter by his shirt, his eyes told me to move. I rolled away and watched as he pounded Carter to the ground, his eyes held an anger so powerful, even I was scared out of my skin. His face was coated with a dark shadow as he glared down at Carter's scared body.

Carter looked up at him angrily but he didn't have a chance to say much because Tristan grabbed him by the shirt again and punched his face off. Carter was bleeding so much and I was pretty sure he was gonna die soon. Not that I'd mind, but I didn't want someone to die because of me.

But I couldn't stop it, I was too weak. I looked at Tristan a bit more before my head hit the ground and I fainted.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

I opened my eyes and found myself in an unfamiliar room. I smelt an unfamiliar scent and sat on an unfamiliar bed. I didn't like it. I didn't like it one bit. I grunted and sat up straight, I looked around and saw Tristan sitting on a chair, his head in his hands. I reached out to him, and he looked up, but I stopped as I remembered what Carter had threatened to do.

Tristan will die. And it'll be your fault.

I kept my hands to myself and scurried back, terrified, as Tristan came closer to me.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed and staring at me. I just stared back, my eyes telling him everything. "Please talk to me Scar."

I didn't say anything. I kept my mouth shut, not being able to find any words to speak.

"Please." he begged me with his mouth and eyes. "Please say something."

I just stared at him with no expression in my face.

"Here," he said, changing the subject. "Eat this, please."

He showed me a bowl of hot chicken soup. My stomach growled and my mouth watered at the sight but I had no strength to eat it. I looked up at him, hoping he would understand what I was trying to say. Fortunately, he did. He took a spoonful of soup and fed me some. I opened my mouth wide and ate it.

The hot liquid with chunky chicken bits was so good as I gobbled down every bit he gave me. Where was I? What happened? Was I going to stay here forever? Am I safe now?

I swallowed down the last bit and looked at him, muted.

"I'm not letting you go back there, it's not safe." he explained. Pause. "Please talk Scarlett, please, I can't stand to see you hurt and silent like this, please talk, please, for me."

I kept my lips in a line. I wanted to talk. I wanted to tell him not to be upset. But I couldn't. I couldn't find the ability to speak.

Pain flashed across his eyes but he looked away from me quickly, he picked up the bowl and spoon and walked out. I knew what he was going to do. In three, two, one and...

I heard a crash from the other room and sighed. He came back with a guilty expression in his face and I cocked my head to a side and stared at him. His eyes widened and he ran a hand through his hair, he closed the door with his foot and leaned against it with his arms crossed. I studied how his muscles revealed themselves to me and breathed a sigh of admiration, he was mine, all mine.

I looked up at his face to see him smirking at me and I blushed. He walked towards me and I cringed back, Carter's voice coming in my head again.

Tristan will die. And it'll be your fault.

I hugged myself, showing him that I was cold, and he pulled the blanket over me. He smiled at me reassuringly, but I knew he was dying inside. I didn't know what to do. How could I comfort someone when I needed comforting myself?

He stared at me sadly for a while, before calling for Riley. Riley came rushing in with Becky closely following behind him. I hadn't seen Becky in a long time and she looked so different. First, she wasn't wearing any makeup, she wasn't wearing anything short or revealing and she looked so... normal. She sent me a genuine smile and I lowered my gaze.

"Hi, how you doing?" Riley asked, coming towards me. This time, I didn't cringe back, because I've known Riley for most of my life and I kind of trusted him, he was the pack's doctor after all. I caught Tristan's eye but he turned around and walked out, slamming the door so hard, one of paintings fell down and crashed.

"Geez, what's with him?" Becky said, crossing her arms across her chest.

"He's just, uh, stressed out, that's all." Riley replied before turning back to me. "Can you talk?"

I just stared at him for a while before shaking my head.

"Can you try?"

I shook my head. He reached out for me and I crawled back frantically, away.

"She's in shock and he did something to her, or he said something to her, that's why she won't let us, even Tristan, go anywhere near her. He must have said, or done, something really traumatizing because she won't even talk." Riley explained.

"Oh god." Becky answered back. "What do we do?"

"Keep her away from Carter, or she'll be like this forever."

Just then, Tristan opened the door and stared at both of them.

"That won't be a problem." he said.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

I felt someone carrying me and I opened my eyes to find myself in the darkness. A hand covered my mouth, forbidding me to scream, and I looked up to find Carter glaring.

"Say anything and you and Tristan are dead." he growled angrily at me. He carried me silently from the room, as I watched Tristan sleep, then he opened the window and jumped out. We landed on the floor but then he ran to my bedroom window, jumped up and crawled in. He shut the window and threw me against the bed in rage. I landed like a ragdoll, so used and helpless.

He closed the curtains and turned around to look at me. Something bad was going to happen, I could feel it.

"How could you defy me?!" he shouted. He stomped over and grabbed the blankets off of me, leaving me feeling cold and scared. "How dare you run off with Tristan? You will pay Scarlett, and it's not with cash or a credit card."

He grabbed a knife from the small table beside the bed and showed me it, the blade so sharp that it pierced me just by looking at it. What was he going to do?

He straddled me and pulled out my wrist as I cowered in fear. I readied myself for what was going to happen. He pressed the blade on my thin wrist and in a blur of silver, he slashed across my wrist. I let out a scream of pain and tried to take my hand away from him but failed.

"Who's your mate, Scar?" he asked while keeping the blade to my skin, prepared to cut again if I answered wrong.

"You. You are." I sobbed.

"And what is Tristan?"

"I-I don't know." I sobbed, not knowing what he wanted me to say. He cut me deeper as my blood juiced out of my veins, spilling down my arm and onto the blanket.

"He's a good for nothing Alpha who doesn't deserve life. Say it." he growled.

"H-he's a good for nothing A-Alpha," my Alpha. "W-who doesn't d-deserve life."

"Well done. Looks like you do have a brain after all. Now tell me Scarlett, do I make you happy?" he asked, smirking in my face.

I didn't say anything, just sobbed even more. This angered him because he cut me again. I screamed even louder uncontrollably, hoping that someone would come in and help me. Thankfully, the door did open and my mom emerged, sleepy.

"What's going on here?" she asked sharply, turning on the light and staring at the blood. "What happened?"

"Scar woke up screaming, started calling out for Tristan but when I woke up, I saw her cutting herself." he lied smoothly. "I took the knife off of her but she kept on thrashing about so... this is what it lead to." he said, pointing down at how he was straddling me.

"Oh dear God, he's really gotten into her head, hasn't he?" she said, shaking her head disapprovingly. "Wait, why aren't there any blankets on the floor? I thought I told you to sleep there."

Yes! Hope found me as we stared at him, waiting for an answer. I wonder how he'll get out of this one.

"Scar made me sleep with her, said she didn't want to be alone." he faked a loving smile towards me.

"Oh. Thank you for taking care of her, I'm so glad she has you." she smiled at him and walked out, closing the door behind her. He turned to face me, his smile turned into a smirk, and his eyes froze with both hatred and lust.

"See, you can't do anything. Your own mom believes me instead of you." his smirk faded. "You're trapped."

I believed him. There wasn't anything I could do. My mom believed him. And I was trapped.

He grinned again and pressed his lips onto mine. I didn't do anything. I couldn't. He had won. Game over.

My wrist stuck out and I felt blood oozing out from the cut. I let him use me, thinking about how lucky I was that he wasn't taking my virginity. I thought of Tristan's protectiveness, possessiveness, his love, his care, how he fed me in the room, how he begged to hear my voice, how his eyes always held a sadness even I couldn't break through.

The night he told me he loved me, where whispers turned into kisses, and feelings were spilt out. How I looked after him and he looked after me. But now he was looking after me and I couldn't look after him.

Carter's hands were starting to rip clothes off of me, until I was naked. I didn't want to look at him, afraid of what I'll see. He was starting to rip his clothes off too and I panicked so I did the only sensible thing I could think of.

Tristan! Tristan!

Scar? I'm so sorry-

Tristan, help me! He's going to mate me!

I'm coming.

Hurry!

I swallowed down the unwelcome vomit down my throat and attempted to push him away but he was too strong. I heard the window break and we turned around to look at Tristan climbing through. Carter got off of me and quickly put his trousers on.

I grabbed the blankets off of the floor and wrapped them around me, covering my naked body and crying. Carter was halfway through punching Tristan when Tristan grabbed his fist and turned him around, his fist now behind his back. He twisted it and I heard a horrifying crunching noise, and Carter screaming.

"You're so lucky she's here right now," Tristan growled in Carter's ear in a voice so threateningly, it sent chills down my back. "I would've slit your throat and made you wish you killed yourself instead."

"Then do it," Carter spat. "Kill me."

Tristan pounded him on the ground and started to throw punches, Carter's face was unrecognizable, a lump soaked with blood. He left Carter on the floor and stepped on his face, his face masked with a loathsome, bitter expression, Carter let out a scream as I heard another crunch.

"Tristan," I weakly called out. "Tristan."

He stopped and turned to me. "You talked."

"Don't... don't kill him." I croaked. I didn't want to be the reason someone died.

"Why not?" he said, glaring at Carter.

"I don't want to be the reason."

He sighed and grabbed Carter again, before throwing him out the window. I stared horrified.

"He's not dead." Tristan mumbled as he took off his shirt and gave it to me. "Here, wear that."

I put it on but it was too short, great day to be wearing a tight shirt Tristan.

"Tristan, it's too short." I confessed.

He went over to my closet and flung open the doors, grabbed some jeans and threw them at me.

"Quickly."

I put them on and wiped my eyes, he took my hand and lifted me up in his arms. He jump from my window and landed by just missing Carter's head.

I closed my eyes, my head spinning from the abuse, violence and blood. I didn't feel anything as Tristan ran into the night but he stopped and let me down. I opened my eyes.

"Scar, stay here okay? I'll be right back." he kissed my forehead and turned to leave but I stopped him.

"No, don't leave me alone, don't, please." I begged, hiding my face in his chest and sobbing.

"Shhh, okay, okay." he replied, stroking my hair. "Come with me."

He pulled me towards Riley's doorstep by the hand and knocked on the door hard as I sobbed into his chest.

"Hey man-" I heard Riley say.

"Go pack some stuff but ask Becky to pack extra. Go." Tristan demanded.

"What's-"

"Now!" Tristan roared and I heard Riley scurry away. Tristan lead me into the house, shut the door and made sit on the couch, in a blur, he was back with a glass of water. "Here, drink."

I shook my head, still crying, my whole body quivering with fright.

"Please." he said before taking my chin and pulling the glass up to my lips. "Thank you."

I drinked and it helped to calm my heart. But tears started streaming down my face as I remembered what Carter might've done with me. Everywhere I looked, it was his face glaring or smirking at me.

Tristan hugged me again, rubbing circles in my back which helped sooth me. After a few minutes, I quietened down. I heard footsteps and cringed back into Tristan.

"Shh... don't worry baby, it's only Riley and Becky." he said, comforting me. "Are you guys ready?"

"Yeah." they both replied. Tristan wrapped an arm around my waist and lead me out the door, towards Riley's car. He opened it and got in the back seat with me.

"Riley, my house." he ordered. "Make it quick and quiet."

"Yes, boss." Riley was still sleepy.

In a few minutes, we started to drive and I held onto Tristan. I had calmed down and was resting my head on his shoulder.

"What's this?" he asked sharply, touching my wrist, his body stiffening under mine as I sat on his lap. "Did he do this to you?"

I was sleepy and I didn't want to answer. I just wanted to sleep.

"Scarlett, answer me."

"Yes." I automatically responded. "He cut me when he didn't like what I was saying."

Tristan didn't say anything until we arrived. He got out, pulling me along with him and opened the door. He picked me up and carried me all the way to his room. He lay me down on the bed, as if I weighed a feather, and pulled the blankets over me.

He sat on the edge of the bed, stroking my hair, as I closed my eyes, and called for Riley. He came running in and asked what's wrong.

"He cut her." Tristan told him in pure hatred and disgust. He took out my wrist and showed Riley.

"Let me get the bandages." he replied, yawning before he went away. I opened my eyes to stare at Tristan who had his index finger and thumb pinching the bridge of his nose. He looked so stressed out, and I wanted to help. I really did, but I didn't know how.

There were so many things that happened that I was surprised they all happened in a day. Someone's hands were examining my wrist and I screamed out loud when Riley rubbed some moist stuff into it.

"Be careful!" Tristan hissed at Riley.

"Geez, I'm trying!"

"Well, try harder!" Tristan shouted, making Riley's one sound like a cat meowwing.

Riley wrapped a bandage around my wrist and then left. The lights switched off and the left side of the bed mounted down as Tristan got in. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't walk. I didn't want to eat. I didn't want to drink. I don't know what to do.

After a few minutes, Tristan got up and was about to leave when I stopped him.

"Where are you going?" I asked weakly.

"Just need to make a few phone calls, try to sleep baby, I'll be back." he assured me as he walked out, leaving me alone in the dark. I need to be brave, need to be strong. Stop being vulnerable. Stop it.

But how could I stop when being vulnerable was a part of me? Maybe it's okay because I'll have Tristan protecting me.

But he can't even protect himself. Well, he can but... I don't know.

He came back in and slid under the covers then held me. Slowly, I drifted off into sleep.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

I woke up again and looked around to find the silhouette of Tristan's figure with his head in his hands. So he was still up. But there was something else. I looked closer and saw that he was crying.

My heart broke. Literally.

I have never seen him look so weak before, except for how he looked when he always waited for me at Riley's, but here he was, Tristan Adams, the world's second most powerful Alpha, crying.

My jaw dropped miles under earth as I watched. He was making low, throaty sobs, cracked halfway through with pain. I got up immediately and he hastily wiped his eyes.

"You're awake." he announced before clearing his throat.

"And you're crying." I replied.

"No I'm not." he quickly answered back with his normal voice.

"Tristan," I said, touching his arm. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." he mumbled, looking away.

"Well then don't tell me you were crying for fun." I snapped, annoyed, before sighing, putting my hand on his cheek and turning his face towards me. "Please Tristan? Please tell me what's wrong."

"My parents." he answered after a silence.

"What about them?" I asked.

"Today's the day they died." pause. "Jonathan told me."

I didn't say anything. The colour rushed out of my face as I realized how bad it must be for him. He started sobbing again and I wrapped my arms around his neck, I knew I was a bad comforter but when I'm with him, these things came naturally to me. He cried into my neck so that his sounds were muffled, I still couldn't believe it, he was crying, like actually crying.

I felt vibrations and rumbles from deep within his chest, I was still in shock though. But I was so happy he was finally opening up to me.

"I'm so sorry Scar. I can't protect you, I don't deserve you, I don't know what you see in me because I'm so not good enough for you." he said, holding me close.

"Yeah, I know right, you're a complete jerk for hurting yourself and nearly dying to protect me." I joked and he gave me a weak laugh. "But maybe that's why I love you so much."

"I love you too." he said, trying to stop himself from going all weak on me again, but to be honest, I kind of liked it.

"Who's Jonathan?" I asked.

"Riley's dad. I grew up with him and his wife, and they loved me but... I wasn't their actual son. They looked at me like that but I would never get the same love and attention they gave to Riley and Luke." he broke down again as tears pricked my eyes. "All I can say is I'm sorry but it doesn't make a difference, it doesn't bring back all the times I hurt you. I saw what Jonathan and Victoria had and all I wanted was that. I wanted someone to love me like that. But I blew up my chances with you so badly, all I wanted was to give you everything and anything you wanted but I couldn't. I can't even protect you, and I've already lost you once Scar. I'm afraid that it might happen again."

I sniffed, listening to every word he said. He was the most humble, sweetest, down to earth guy I have ever met in my life.

"Listen. You won't lose me ever again Tristan, I'm not going anywhere." I stroked his hair and kissed his cheek.

"I'm sorry, you don't want to hear my sad life story." he sighed and gently pushed himself off of me. "Sorry I woke you up honey, go back to sleep."

"I can't." I replied.

"Try." he whispered in my ear before we both were locked in eachother's embrace and fell asleep.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Hey guys!

I was actually kind of teary when I wrote about Tristan crying. Even I was shocked that he actually cried.

And I bet loads of you want to, like, axe Carter's head off right?

Haha, thanks for reading.

Fan.

Vote.

Comment.

Spread the story.

~Dusk2Dawn~

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 2.1K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
561K 16.6K 55
*Warning - Contains 18+ Content* He holds my face firmly between two hands. "Sienna, I'm not going to have you for the first time one of Maren's gues...
403K 14.7K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...
846K 35.1K 41
A/N: STORY HAS BEEN EDITED TO CONFORM TO COMMUNITY GUIDLINES. As some of you may already know, this story was previously removed from all platforms f...