𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 - 𝐌...

By hiddleloki

Max loved living in New York, she had everything she could ever want, having a best friend like Derek Shepher... More

Part One
Cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Part Two
Cast part two
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Ninteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-five
Part three
Cast Part Three
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Ninteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three

Sixteen

14.4K 337 29
By hiddleloki

Walk on water
Season three episode fifteen

Neither Max or Mark had brought up the kiss and it's been a couple weeks, she was frustrated to say the least. She was standing at the back of the elevator reading the news paper, well not really, the chief had walked in and the first thing Max noticed was his new hair color.

She looks forward at the elevator door as it opened revealing Derek Shepherd, "Good Morning. Morning. Morning" he said to everyone insight. He stopped inform the Richard with confused eyes.

"What's different?"

"Nothing" Richard said simply, from behind him Max was giving Derek daggers telling him to stop while he's ahead.

"Leave him be"

"What happened to your hair?" Derek continued to push, he was mocking him and they knew it.

"Nothing"

Derek was about to ask him something else but the elevator opened again to reveal Mark and Leo both of them stopping to check out the new chief.

"What happened to your hair?" Leo asked him before stepping aside and standing next to Mark.

Max glared at her brother, "Leave him be"

"He dyed it"

"But why?" Derek asked yet another question, this time Max was done so she hit Derek on the arm with her new paper.

"Leave him be!"

"Okay, but why?" Max started to bang her head on the elevator wall, boys were so dense it was annoying.

"Men who have gray hair are noticed less than men who don't" Richard finally said, he felt awkward and he looked it as well.

"By who?"

"Well..."

"By the ladies?" Leo finished for him which made Mark laugh, Max looked at them disgusted, when they become besties?

They both stopped laughing when the chief looked at them, "Looks good Chief"

"Oh, very natural"

"Ladies will love it"

Max grunted before pulled Leo, Mark and Derek to the farthest corner, "He is alone...all alone, do any of you even know what that's like? Lives with a woman who has the emotional capacity of a cockroach, dates the perfect twelve year old, string girls along for leisure! His wife left him after twenty-five years of marriage so if the man wants to dye his hair for the ladies, let him dye his hair for the ladies. Leave him be!"

She walked out as soon as the elevator door opened none of the men following after her which was a good thing because she was annoyed.

She turned the corner and pumped into someone, "Shit, I am so sorry"

"Of course you are maxi-pad" Graham's cheeky voice filled the room.

"Graham! You're back, you seriously need to stop taking trips to visit your family" Max huffed out.

"Sorry for being a family-oriented person" Graham joked, it was true though you could never have a conversation without Graham mentioning his Mom.

"Funny. Listen, we can catch up later, I have to help Sydney and Miranda with the triage" Max gave him a kiss on the cheek before making her way to the pit.

Sydney was dead.

Not technically at least, she was playing one of Dr. Stevens patients and the Doctor sent her home where she died.

"Come on Dr. Stevens, you have to explore any possibilities" Max wasn't being condescending she was just trying to help out.

"Attention, people. Look, I'm sorry I have to interrupt the session for a moment"

"Chief, I like your new hair, really brings out your eyes" Sydney interrupted making Max roll her eyes.

"Do you need something, sir?" Miranda asked after staring at Sydney for a moment.

"We just received word of a mass casualty in dent nearby, all available level one trauma centers have been asked to respond, I need to send a team into the field immediately" Richard tells the group of doctors.

"Is this part of the exercise? Are we supposed to act appropriately, uh, tense?" Yang asked the chief.

"This is not an exercise or a drill, Yang this is an emergent situation and I need all hands on deck"

"Seriously?"

"What happened?" Max asked stepping forward.

"I don't have details, just orders" He finished.

The group got ready to go the incident, including Max. They had decided that they might need her in the field and since she also could do some General work she seemed like the perfect fit.

Stevens, O'Malley, Karev and Yang stood in a line putting things in there emergency bag, "We're catching a ride with Seattle 34, space is tight, so hold your kits on your lap"

"Where are we going?" Karev asked Miranda while following her and the group to the vehicle.

"You'll know when we get there" She responded.

"Fire, flood, Volcano? I'm not really dressed for a volcano" Izzie commented.

"Stevens" Max called out, basically telling her to shut up.

"Woah woah woah woah, I'm hauling supplies, I only have room for five" The paramedic tells the group.

Max sighed before turning around, "Yang"

"Yes?"

"Stay with the chief and take care of the incoming wounded. The rest of you come on" Max signaled for the group to get into the vehicle.

"Stevens was inappropriate" Yang said trying to get Max to change her mind.

"You'll be fine Yang, Grey is staying back also" Max said one last thing before the door closed.

The ride was silent and nerve wracking, Max could feel how nervous the interns were but luckily Miranda spoke up.

"Oh, everybody, move your I.D.s to the outside of your jacket when we get there remember, triage. Karev" Miranda tells the group.

"Green tags- nonemergent. Yellow- delayed car. Red tags- needs immediate treatment" Karev says listing off the importance of the tags.

"Good. Assess carefully, tag and get all the critical patients onto the ambulances as fast as possible. Don't get in the way of search and rescue, and stay calm" Max looked at the group individually, she noticed there faces and she could just tell that something bad was going to happen.

"Any word gets on what happened?" Karev asked the two.

"All we know is there are multiple traumas"

The ambulance stops and George was the first to get out, helping everyone down the stair then grabbing the bags. The group then stood there with shock written all over there faces as they looked around the scene noticing how destructive it was.

"Dr. Bailey where do you need us?" Stevens asked

"We do not have time to hold your hands, there are people out there with severe wounds. Find them first and do why you can and remember to stay safe, if this ferry boat crashed there has to be pieces of it just laying around so watch your step" Max yelled over the sirens.

The group started to disburse when Max grabbed Miranda's arm, "Stay safe out there Miranda" the shorter women gave her a nod before running out to the people.

Max walked over to the group of people laying on the floor, kneeling down she looked at a woman with blood all over her face, she had already checked her out to see if there were any immediate damages, "Good. Take a deep breath for me, okay, you're gonna be okay. Your injuries are minor and E.M.T. is going to take you to the hospital, okay?"

She looked up as soon as she heard crying, looking at the little girl who couldn't be more than eight, "Is this your Mommy?" She asked the little girl who shook her head no, "Who are you with?"

The girl didn't answer so Max did the one thing she thought was best, "I want you to stay right here, okay? I'm going to help these people, just stay right here" the little girl cling onto Max's arm, keeping her from leaving.

"Did you wet your pants? That's okay, it happens sometimes" Max grabbed the little girl when she almost got trampled by paramedics. Keeping her hand in hers she bent down to collect her things.

Max kept the little girl by her side as she assisted people, she had gotten at least ten people checked out and now she was looking for someone to keep an eye out on the little girl. Once she spotted Derek she ran over to him.

"Derek" She called out from the side, she was still holding the girls hand.

"Hey, Max, you got a free hand? Hold this for bandage for me will you?" Derek was assisting a guy on a gurney and he didn't look good.

"Yeah"

"You all right?" He asked her when he noticed the look on her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine, it's just that I have this little girl whose lost her mom and she won't let go of my hand" Max tells him, it wasn't a big deal, not really it was just harder when she was trying to help the people.

"You've been acting weird since Mark started visiting Maeve, and you haven't told me why" He talks to her as he tapes the bandages on the wounds.

"I don't know what you're talking about, we are all good and dandy" She fakes her happy tone so that he left it but she knew that was too good to be true.

"I have known you your whole life, you've never lied to me before, so don't start now"

"Ugh, Mark kissed me, the night that Levi broke up with me, he kissed me" She grunts out.

"Okay?" Derek says back, he knew there was more to the story.

"And we haven't really talked since, I mean does he want a relationship with me or not? Anyway, I've got a kid that I've got to get to triage. Stay safe, love you" Max started walking backwards to get away from Derek and his pressing questions, finally turning away when she heard Derek tell her she loved her too.

She was on her way to dropping the girl off when she saw a man with a bloody leg climbing up the wall, she stopped and looked at him as he rolled onto the pavement.

"Hey, uh, I need you to take this little girl to the triage tents" She stopped a stray officer so that she could go help the man who was injured.

"I gotta get her back to my unit" The cop replied back pointing to where he was supposed to be.

"No, I need you to take this little girl to the triage tent for me please" She told the man once again before looking down at the girl, "You're going to be okay, you're going to be fine. This nice man is going to take you to a safe place, I promise"

She walked away from the cop and the girl and toward the injured man, she threw her stuff onto the ground then opening up her kit and taking out a pair of gloves.

"What happened?" She asked the man through his groaning.

"Some metal- something in my leg... thrown off. God, it hurts. It hurts" The man started crying as Max took a look at his leg, it had a big gash so she took out a couple packets gauze and opened them.

"I started swimming. I needed to go I got a meeting"

She put on the gauze to stop the bleeding not meaning for it to hurt him so bad, "I'm sorry sir but please try to stay still so I can stop the bleeding" she tells him when he stairs moving in pain.

She watched as his blood started to leak through the bandage getting scared slightly when she felt a hand tap her shoulder, she turned around and saw the little girl from earlier.

"Don't look, turn around" She watched as the girls eyes traveled down to the bleeding leg and then back up so that she could turn around, "I need you to be brave for me, just stand right there and please don't move and don't look"

She got some string so that she could tie it around the man's leg to stop it from bleeding, with the last knot she looked down and noticed that it still was bleeding, "Damn it, Can I get some help over here" she yelled out to the moving people.

"Sweetie, listen to me, I need you to turn around and I know that I told you to look away but i need your help in order to save this man" The girl didn't say anything, "I know that you are scared, hell I am too, but I need you to be brave for me and I know that you can do it"

She sighed in relief when she saw the girl turned around to face her, "Okay, don't look down, don't look at the blood. Look at me, look at me. Can you be my assistant?" The girl nodded her head slightly, "Okay, good. I can't move my hands from where they are right now so I need you to go over to my red bag and pull out the, uh, the things that look like tweezers, you know the thing that Mommy uses to pull a splinter out with?"

The girl nodded her again then walked over to the bag and bending down to find the tweezers when she found them she took them out and handed them to Max, grabbing them she used them to pull out any small shards in his leg.

"Okay, now I have to deflate the blood pressure cuff so I can see if he is bleeding. Good" She says once she realizes that she wasn't bleeding. "We saved him and you helped, we just have to bandage him up, then we are going to find someone to take him to the hospital and then find your mom"

She moved slightly so that she could take off her coat and put it on the shivering man, but that made him realize where he was and what was happening, "Ahh! I can't stand it, the pain! I gotta get outta here"

"Don't move! Sir, don't move!" She yelled at him, she didn't want him to tear his stitches, she held onto his arm as he tried to get up but he pushed a little too hard which made Max lose her footing and fall into the freezing water.

//

law and order: SVU's

DUN DUN

Come on get higher- Matt Nathanson

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.5K 1.8K 40
Now a Neurosurgeon fellow Dr. Sienna Connors is now looking for the perfect hospital to work at during her fellowship year and she hopes to become an...
488K 11.1K 49
Madelyn grey Fraternal twin sister of Meredith grey and daughters of one of the best surgeons, Dr. Ellis Grey. Madelyn and Meredith are two different...
338K 8.5K 41
Jade's life had never been perfect and she figured it never would be. A new start in Seattle was just the change she needed, she just wasn't expectin...
58K 531 31
" Look, don't lie about me for not caring about you because both of us know that I did in fact care. Don't walk around spread gossip about me that I...