Lucky Little Me (New just my...

By FallenStars98

"What are you saying?" He asked his voice getting sharp as he spoke. I could see the anger and fear in his ey... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 7

794 34 2
By FallenStars98

     I melted into a comfortable schedule. School, home, Grey. My life had become pretty relaxed and I was enjoying every second. Grey and I went out on weekends to clubs and restaurants and during the week I hung out with Laken and went to the girls house. We maintained a very good relationship even through our relationships.

I rolled out of bed on Saturday morning to th sound of a suitcase being zipped. I sat up rubbing my eyes and looked around for Grey. He was putting clothes in a small bag, along with his other essentials.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked, suddenly awake.

"I got a call. I have to go on a business trip. One of my other companies isn't doing to hot I need to do damage control for a few days." He said with a huff.

"Oh, where are we going?" I kicked my feet over the bed and got up as if to get packed. I barley made it out of bed before Grey walked over and pushed my back down gently, as if to tell me not to get up.

"I am going. You are going to stay here, I have Seth watching the house he is gonna stay with you for the two or three days that I'm gone. I'm gonna be absent the entire weekend, I don't want you to be stuck in a hotel the entire time." He said shrugging it off. He didn't want me to go with him.

I understood why he didn't want me to go, but I couldn't help but feel hurt inside. Was he getting sick of me? Probably not, this was just a business thing. I was just gonna keep telling myself that.

"Okay, well when do you think you will be back?" I asked pulling the cover back up over my legs as I sat up so I could escape the chilling morning air.

  "I don't know Amara." The edge to his voice did no job of trying to hide the annoyance. I shut up immediately as he sighed. "I'm sorry. I just really don't want to go." His apology was sincere, I could read his face well enough.

  "Where is it?" I asked as he walked around to my side of the bed. He sat with me for a second before laying back onto the bed.

   "L.A." he mumbled. "At least I will escape this disgusting winter." He managed to chuckle and run his fingers through his hair.

   "Meanwhile I'm stuck here with the ice and the wind and the cold."

   "Welcome to the Windy City." He joked sitting up. "I love you Amara. Two days is gonna be hard without you." He gave me a half smile as I grinned.

  "What are you gonna do without me?"

  "Tan." He said with a straight expression that sent me into a fit of giggles. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself onto his lap. "And two whole days with no sex! What am I going to do." He over exaggerates as I laughed, throwing my head back.

  "Today won't count silly." I teased as I pulled my shift off over my head.

  ~~

   "I love you, text me when you get on the plane and when you land and every minute after that." I grinned as I leaned up and kissed him again.

  "I will, I love you. I'll see you in a few days Mari." He kissed me again quickly. Right as he was about to pull away I grabbed his tie and pulled him in tighter as I grinned. He laughed and set his bag down for a second to cup my face. I wrapped my arms around his waist and tightened. Two days. I could make it two days.

  He pulled away and smiled. "Bye baby." He grinned.

  "Bye my love." My smile saddened as I watched my get into the car and drove away with Seth. Grey May think the two days away would be painful, but for me they were going to be even worse. There goes my lifeline.

   I sat around for a good portion of the day. I made some snacks and watched tv for a bit before deciding to call Delta and Dylan.

    Delta didn't answer my call. I understood she was probably still on the edge with the whole pregnancy scare thing. I was in her place a few months ago.

   As the sun set, I sat, waiting for Dylan to call me back, slowly. It wasn't until 8 that I heard the buzzing next to me. I picked up immediately. "Thank god, company."

  "Hey what's going one Greys gone?" Dylan asked instantly.

  "Yeah on a business trip for a day or two. Wanna go out tonight? I'm hella bored." I asked, sticking my bottom lip out. I know she couldn't see me but it was natural.

   She laughed on her end. "Yeah wanna go get drunk? We can probably convince Lake to drive us around if we try hard enough."

   "Just like old times but this time it's legal huh?" I laughed.

  "Yep, get ready and call Laken, I'll be over soon. Dress hot!" She beamed before hanging up the phone.

I hung up and dialed Lakens number. He answered on the third ring. "What do you want."

"Is that anyway to talk to your favorite little sister?" I teased as he chuckled.

"Only little sister and I didnt get a choice in this." He teased back.

"Whatever you love us. Hey Dylan and I are going out tonight. Does Beverly want to come drink with us? Also can you be our DD?" I asked and heard him groan, as Beverly screamed.

"Yes!!! Girls night!" She yelled on the other end of the line. "Laken please please please." I've always known Beverly to be quiet, so this was new.

I laughed as Laken groaned. "Fine, we will be over shortly to pick you guys up. Why can't Grey do this?" He asked in any attempt to get out of babysitting us tonight.

"He is on a plane to LA for business." I responded before hanging up so he couldn't back out.

Tonight was gonna be epic.

~~

I had just gotten off the phone with Grey saying he landed and was in a car to his hotel. Dylan showed up about the same time a Beverly and Laken. Beverly has her already curly hair curled even tighter than normal with a face of dark makeup on. Dylan was dressed in her usual way-to-short shorts and a black tight top that showed everything she wanted it to. Her favorite outfit. Her hair was purposely messy and her makeup dark, she looked like a version of Kesha.

I had stuck with basic shorts and shirt, not as slutty as Dylan's but still cute, or hot as Dylan would put it. I had messy curled my hair and done the same with my makeup. I paired all of it with my leather jacket.

"Ready babes?" I asked as I grabbed my clutch and handed it to Laken.

"Unfortunately." Lake groaned as we squealed. We all piled into his car and we headed out into town.

~~

It was barley 10 pm and I was hammered. The kind of hammered where you can't see straight and are stumbling around. I hadn't been this drunk since my 21st. Beverly was siting in the same boat as I was and Dylan wasn't far behind. She had a massive alcohol tolerance.

"One more round of shots!" I yelled as I wrapped my arm around Beverly's shoulders. She giggled and held her hand to her mouth as she nodded.

"I'll buy!" Dylan grumbled as she pulled us to the bar.

"Oooo do you have Jell-O shots?" I asked the bartender.

"Yes we do sweetie what kind ya want?" She asked and I grinned.

"Surprise me." I giggled. Beverly leavened over giggling as well.

"She was so hitting on you." She giggled.

"Noooo she wasn't, no way." I giggled more. Dylan squeezes between us, and kissed my cheek.

"I love you." Her words came out slurred, all of ours did. In fact I couldn't make out half of her words.

The song truth hurts came on by Lizzo and we all screamed. I pushed away from them as I went out onto the dance floor. The entire bar was scream chanting along with the song.

"Why mengreatfilt ehy gotta be great" I crinkly sang along all my words mushed together and incorrect. I had no idea if my words were even coming out.

Speaking of men. I grinned as I stumbled around looking fo the exit.

I pulled my phone out of my shorts and walked into the super brisk cold air. This wasn't gonna last long. I pressed the dial button and held the phone to my ear.

I waited a few moments before someone answered the phone. "Hello." A high pitches voice answered as I frowned. This wasn't Grey. I was only 8 in LA hw couldn't still be at work.

"Hello? Who is this?" I stumbled to find my words. Why was a girl answering Greys phone?

"You must be looking for Grey Thomas. Let me find him." She said and I stood up straight. Oh she better find him. He better have a good explanation as to why a girl was answering his phone at 8 pm.

"Hello?" Greys voice came on.

"Where do you be? I mean, who is the person?" I couldn't get y words out. I was getting drunker by the second.

"Mari, are you okay?"

No, no I wasn't, my boyfriend left on a sudden business trip and now a woman was answering his phone.

  "I don't want talk to you," I said mad, I'm not sure how man I actually sounded at this point.

  "How drunk are you, Mari nothing is making sense. Where is Seth?" I don't know I had Laken.

   "Gone, so am I. Bye!" I hung up. I don't want to talk to Grey right now. Now I wanted revenge.

   I wandered into the bar scanning the bar for someone cute. Once my eyes landed on a y'all brown haired guy standing alone in the corner. Target spotted. Initiate plan.

   ______
This should hold ya over

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 10.3K 63
"Get out," I said in a firm voice, but it shook a bit at the end. The muscles in his jaw tensed when I said that. Instead of getting out, he closed t...
49.7K 5.1K 67
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...
1M 24.7K 39
"I want a divorce." And just hearing him say that my whole world that seemed to revolve around him stopped. Gathering myself I barely managed to spea...
6.3K 253 30
"Gabby why didn't you just tell me." He says and I know what he means Looking down at the ground I shook my head and say "I couldn't." I stand up and...