The Love Triangle (Book #1)

By Dusk2Dawn

**This book is completed but will be edited immensely later (by which it may be very different to the origina... More

Chapter 1 - Riley
Chapter 2 - The New Guy
Chapter 3 - Unexpected
Chapter 4 - Thinking Things
Chapter 5 - Pain At The Party
Chapter 6 - The Day After Yesterday
Chapter 7 - Daddy's Back
Chapter 8 - Aching Inside
Chapter 9 - Heated Up
Chapter 10 - Bonding Time
Chapter 11 - Hidden
Chapter 12 - Back To Hell
Chapter 13 - Breaking Point
Chapter 14 - Accidents Happen
Chapter 15 - Familiar Eyes
Chapter 16 - Resting Attack
Chapter 17 - Twisted
Chapter 18 - No Going Back
Chapter 19 - Inner Wolf
Chapter 20 - Punishment Or Reward
Chapter 21 - Dumb Pretty Girl
Chapter 22 - The Chase
Chapter 23 - Too Far
Chapter 24 - Mine
Chapter 26 - Friend Or Foe
Chapter 27 - Whispers
Chapter 28 - Unbelievable
Chapter 29 - Muted
Chapter 30 - Playing The Role
Chapter 31 - Return
Chapter 32 - Misunderstandings
Chapter 33 - Countdown
Chapter 34 - Time
Chapter 35 - Alpha Owned
The Love Triangle - Epilogue

Chapter 25 - All About You

15.9K 470 93
By Dusk2Dawn

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I took a shower and got ready for school. I finally realize how strongly Tristan felt about me and I will do anything to get him back. I knew how frustrated he got now when he wanted me but probably like 100 times more. I really need him more than ever. This is a really bad time to forgive him.

I find myself thinking about all the things he told me.

I love you too much to let you go.

Everytime he had protected me.

Never ever lay a finger on her. DO YOU HEAR ME?!?!?!

I remember how his wolf was trying to contact mine and what she told me.

I'm going to be honest okay? It hurts. It really does. But it hurts even more when you can feel his wolf begging for forgiveness, it's killing him as much as it's killing us. Stop trying to act like he means nothing to you, you know that you still love him.

I remember the conversations I had with him, how he would never give up.

I know that you're unhappy now Scar, but if you give me another chance, I will do anything to change that. Please.

All the times he had waited outside Riley's house, no matter what the weather was, his hair more messed up than usual, his eyes troubled with pain and desperation, his body weak but strong enough to chase me, I feel so guilty.

All the things he had done... no normal boy would've done this. He was really serious about me. And I don't think he's a player...

I keep seeing images of him angry at Carter but never angry at me, pain at what we had lost but not hurt by the way I acted, whenever he had acted mad, like in the closet, he wasn't. He was just so wounded that he used anger as a weapon. I knew him more than I thought.

He had told me last night that it would be better if we stayed away from eachother... if this was a normal situation, it would've worked out fine, we would be ignoring eachother and moving on. But this wasn't a normal situation, we were werewolves and mates, this was Tristan and me, and when he told me to stay away and let him go, I realized that I didn't want to.

I hope he'll forgive me... I knew for a fact that he loved me more than I loved him... and that was saying a lot.

I ran to school and waited for him in the rain. I leaned against the wall on the school gates, scanning the area for him. But he didn't come. I checked the time, it had already been 20 minutes. I finally saw Riley and Becky walking together hand in hand and I ran up to them.

"Hey! Have you seen Tristan? Where is he? Do you know? Huh?" I asked quickly, peering over their shouders incase he was walking behind them.

"Uh, no, sorry." Riley replied, staring at me weirdly.

"Oh." I said, disappointed. I sighed as they walked past. I kept my head down as I walked back to the school gates and leaned against the wall again. The last bell went, signalling us to go to our homerooms. I sighed again and ran a hand through my wet hair.

I waited for a few more minutes but quickly ran inside when I saw Mrs Parker coming this way. I went up to my homeroom and sat down. I crossed my arms across my chest and hugged myself close. I wish he was here. I miss him so much.

Then out of nowhere, I see a head filled with brown tousled hair coming towards me. I looked up at him, sending him a sympathetic smile. He sends me a small one in return.

Gosh this is awkward.

He sat down next to me, slowly taking his bag off. I chewed on the sleeve of my shirt, too nervous to speak. I smiled at his bobbing leg but it soon vanished as I realized I was doing the same thing.

"Uh, hi." he said, clearing his throat.

"Hi." I replied, anxiously.

Silence.

"So how are you?" he asked.

"I..." I didn't know what to say.

"Me too." he answered, looking away. I'm so glad he understood what he felt... or did he?

I sighed and turned to him. He didn't look back. I bit my lip, wondering whether to do it or not... I'll do it.

My hand crept up to his and I took it in mine, tugging it a bit. He finally looked back. First at our hands then me.

"What is it?" he asked, as if nothing had happened. But I knew him too well, his eyes were screaming pain.

"Tristan... I'm sorry." I apologized, looking him directly in the eye.

"For what?" he said, but he didn't say like he wants me to admit it, it sounds like he's genuinely curious.

"For... yesterday."

"No, I'm sorry about that. You should date whoever you want, it's your life. I had no right to get involved with it."

What?

"Huh?"

"I think we should just..."

"Tristan, I know you told me that it's better if we stay away from eachother, but that doesn't mean I want to." I said.

There was a pause.

"Then what do you want Scar?" he asked gently. "What do you want?"

I gulped, not ready to answer.

"Pickles." I blurted out and I instantly covered my hand over my mouth, going pink. Oh my god, why the hell did I say that?

He stared at me for a while before his lips twitched and he started grinning. I smiled back sheepishly and rubbed the back of my neck. I put my hands to my sides quickly... I was beginning to act like him.

"I'm sure you do Scarlett." he said. I laughed back and he soon joined in.

I really liked how he had turned back, but that just gave me another reason to beg for him. I sighed as we sat in silence and the bell rang. I packed up my stuff and went to class.

He acted normal throughout the day, he wasn't gawking at me, or trying to make contact. This frustrated me. I was so used to having him do either one of them, and it just felt different and wrong when he wasn't.

Why was I being like this? I could just walk away from right now... only, I didn't want to. 

He's the one that cheated on me. He's the one that ruined us. He's the one that broke my heart.

I just remembered, he raped me too.

So I was in love with a rapist...

...oh god. What has the world come to?

I hadn't seen Carter all day. Poor guy, he must be in hospital.

Should I go visit?

The final bell rang and I packed my stuff up quickly. I walked out of school and wondered if I should wait for Tristan.

He confused me so much. What did he want?

Now that was the main question I needed to get answered.

Did he want me to leave him alone?

Should I?

I've never been so determined to find out.

I was standing outside school, waiting for him, when a light bulb went on in my head. Oh my god, it was dance class today. I literally stood still for a moment and then rushed back inside. I ran to the school gym, and stopped outside the door. I closed my eyes and opened the door. I opened them to find about 25 pairs of eyeballs staring right back up at me.

But the most gorgeous pair of brown eyes was staring intensely at me until I looked at them and they suddenly darted back down. I wish I knew what he was thinking, life would be so much easier.

"Scarlett. You're late." Max said, being all mean on me. I thought he was going to be chill about this. "And we were just planning out who's going where. For that, you can be up front with Tristan."

I shut my eyes tightly, hearing what he was saying but not believing it. I opened it again and walked in, placing my bags on the floor. I looked back up to find everyone going back to their talking but I caught someone's eye by mistake. Will's.

His eyes were mixed with misery, anger, jealousy, pain and so many other things I can't name. I felt bad. He wasn't really doing anything wrong. He just liked me, that's all. I bit my lip and walked over to him instead of Tristan.

"Hey." I said, smiling.

"Hi." he replied hoarsely. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"Good."

Awkward pause.

"So. You were really brave, going against Becky." he admitted, blushing a little, his hands stuck in his pockets.

"Thanks." I grinned. "She deserved it."

"I know."

"I'm sorry." I said randomly.

"For what?" he asked. Ugh, what is up with guy's these days? A girl tries to apologise and they don't even know why the bloody hell they're doing it.

"For being so harsh on you. You just liked me, there's nothing wrong with that." I replied simply.

"Yeah, I did. I really liked you." he answered back, his eyes avoiding mine. "I think I-"

"Are you coming Scarlett?" a different voice behind me asked, with a hint of annoyance and coldness hidden behind the casual question. I turned around to find him lightly gripping my arm possessively. I smiled, knowing that he was not over me yet.

"Of course." I replied and turned back to Will. "Bye."

I let Tristan drag me over to the front where I realized I had to dance with him. Oh no. I'm too shy for this. No, no, no. I didn't want to dance with him. What if I'm so fat he can't lift me up? What if I split my pants and embarrass myself? What if I trip over and-

"Scar? Hello?"

I snapped back to reality and looked up at him looking down at me worriedly. 

"Huh? Yes?" I replied.

"Phew, you were like that for two minutes."

"Mmm..." I kept staring into those light brown eyes that looked so dark now. I sighed admiredly, never being so lost into his eyes until now when I'm practically drooling.

"Uh, so should we practice?" he asked, grinning slightly and having that mysterious look in his eye that made me wonder what he was thinking about.

I just nodded, taking my position infront of him and breathing in deeply. My back was slightly touching his hard chest and every particle in me was buzzing with excitement. My heart did a leap and I loved it.

The music started but there was a certain point where we had to start so I waited, praying silently in my head that I won't do anything embarrassing like accidently punch him.

I just realized how much I had hit him before and now I was afraid of accidently hitting him. Oh the irony. I laughed mentally and grinned in real life.

Two more beats. I gripped both of his hands tightly, knowing I had to let go sooner with every second but hated the feeling.

I spun out and back in, feeling his hands on my waist as they picked me up like I weighed a feather,  I felt my feet touch the ground and I got ready to go into Rn'B mode. I did all of my moves perfectly and so did he, he kept in time with me but on the last move, he got it wrong.

"Stop." I ordered him. "You're doing it wrong."

"How?" he replied.

"It's like this." I showed him how to do it properly. "You try."

He tried... and failed.

"Sorry, I haven't danced in a while." he answered, frustrating and frowning. "Especially not with someone as pretty as you."

"Excuse me?" I asked sharply, raising one of my eyebrows and tricking him into thinking I was serious. He had lowered his voice on the last part and my heart did a jump but my mind was sure he was deceiving me.

"Nothing." he replied quickly. "So, show me how to do it."

"You have no idea how wrong that sounds." I said and got a laugh in return. I spent the next half hour showing him how to do the move properly and he was close. But to be fair, it was a hard move.

"Guys! I want to see a group performance." Max said. "Entertain me."

He clicked a button and the music boomed as we got into our positions. One, two, three and...

I spun out, spun back in, let Tristan pick me up and waited for the Rn'B. I danced and went back infront of him again, moving my body to the rhythm of his, then he had to leave because it was a girls only part. I was up front, doing all my moves correctly, because I could feel his eyes on me.

I left as he came up. I watched him dance, and damn that boy was good at it. A few flaws here and there but otherwise, perfect. I came back up next to him and started to dance with him. I put my hand on his shoulder and held the other as his arm held my waist. We stayed for a while like that, just staring at eachother, at how much we had changed, his eyes were unfocused, and the only thing I could see in the room.

I felt his gaze on my lips and I was staring at his until they pressed into a firm line and he spun me out swiftly, then picked me up again, still right on time. The dance finished and we could hear Max and the others clapping. Tristan let me down gently yet with ease and avoided my eyes.

"Well done guys!" Max shouted.

"I have to go." Tristan mumbled to himself, but I was the only one who could hear.

"No you don't." I replied quickly, causing the rest of the class to stare at me. Stacy gave me a evil look and I glared back fiercely, making her look away. I turned back to Tristan. "I...uh..."

"Bye." he murmured and went past me to get his bags. Most of the class followed while I stood still, staring at the floor, confused.

"Awh, did someone get rejected?" someone asked mockingly. I jerked my head up to find Stacy smirking at me. I stared at her back, anger clear in my blue eyes. She flinched a little. I was a bit defensive when it comes to Tristan.

"Shut. Up." I replied, making every word clear, and drenched with anger. I walked away from her, to get my bags. I walked out of the door when someone stopped me.

"Hey! Scar! Wait up!" I turned around to find Lizzie running to me. "Hi. I haven't talked to you in a while, I'm sorry-"

"Where's Becky?" I asked.

"She's gone with Riley. Man, they are inseparable." she said, shaking her head. "Anyway, I was wondering if you could come to my house, you know, just to hang out. We haven't done that in a long time."

I stared at her for a while before smiling.

"Sure." I replied as I walked with her. I noticed Alexis walking by too, alone. "Umm, can we invite Alexis too?"

"Oh. Yeah, I guess. But doesn't she hate me?" Lizzie asked, worriedly.

"No she doesn't." I ran up to Alexis. "Hey, do you want to come hang out? At Lizzie's?"

"Oh. Doesn't she hate me?" she asked, her expression the same as Lizzie's was a few seconds ago. I stared unbelievably at her.

"No! She doesn't. Come on." we went up to Lizzie and started walking together in an uncomfortable silence.

"Umm, hi." Lizzie said awkwardly.

"Hey." Alexis replied shyly.

"So... have you got any movies Liz?" I asked.

"Yeah, some..."

"Can we watch horror?" Alexis asked.

 "Yes! Perfect!" I answered her, looking around for Tristan.

 "Who are you looking for?" she asked. I turned back to her.

"No one." I replied quickly.

"Probably Tristan." Lizzie said.

"No!" I lied.

"Oh, that hot new guy in our class? Man, he's so-" she stopped short when she saw the expression I was giving her. "-um, well-mannered and polite."

I grinned as Lizzie laughed and looked around again. We reached Lizzie's house and as soon as we got in, I was attacked by Lizzie's little sister Rose as she hugged my knees. I laughed and picked her up.

"Red!" she said as she threw her arms around me. Her nickname for me was red, because I had told her Scarlett is like the colour red.

"Rosy!" I replied, with the same tone of enthusiasm and hugged her back.

"Get off of her Rose." Lizzie said.

"Scarlett and Alexis!" Lizzie's mom shouted, attacking us with hugs too. "I haven't seen you guys in a long time!"

"Hi." Alexis replied, grinning.

"Can we go upstairs now?" Lizzie asked, annoyed. 

"No, your room's a mess!"

"Mom, they don't care!"

"Well I do! Here's some money." she put some money in Lizzie's hand and waved us off.

"Momma I wanna go too!" Rose protested.

"No! No you can't!" Lizzie immediately objected.

"Awh, come on! How could you resist that adorable little face?" I asked, admiring Rose's light pink cheeks, long blonde hair, sky blue eyes and irresistable pout.

"Adorable? She's freaking evil!"

I picked up Rose and persuaded Lizzie to take her with us, even Alexis helped.

"Fine." Lizzie grunted.

"Have fun!" Lizzie's mom said and shut the door.

"So. Where are we going?" Alexis said.

"I don't know." Lizzie replied. "Scar?"

"I don't know." I repeated what she said while holding Rose.

"I want candy!" Rose shouted.

"Yeah, I could do with some sugar." I replied. So we decided to go to the local shop to buy some candy. I put Rose carefully down on the floor and held her small hand in mine as she walked. I really loved kids, especially when they were little. When they got older, they got annoying. I grinned as I thought that, imagining how my mom felt. I wonder how my kids would be like, if I ever have any. Obviously they would have to be with Tristan... wait, so blue eyes plus brown eyes equals...?

I stopped myself thankfully.

But just imagine creating a child with him. Imagine mating with him. Oh god, that would make my... life. It would be so... magical. Feeling his weight on mine, his lips on my skin, holding him tightly as he held me close, and that amazing feeling sweep through my body as he pleasured me.

Oh my god. I snapped to reality when I realized I was still holding the hand of an innocent 4-year old child while thinking some imaginative stuff.

We brought loads of candy and walked to the park, chewing on them. I sat on the swing as Rose sat on my lap. She really liked me. And I was really good with kids... as long as it wasn't Jamie. I stroked her hair gently and smiled at her while Alexis and Lizzie caught up with eachother.

"So, how are you?" Alexis asked.

"I'm good. You? Well done on the A star in chemistry, the elements are hard to memorise and I always get confused with metal oxides, acids, alkalis and stuff. I mean, how do you even know how to..." Lizzie was saying.

I zoned out and stared at the wilderness surronding me. I remembered the time me and Tristan was here, he said that it was dangerous and all of a sudden, I had been in his strong arms. Me and him were so complicated. Why had I dropped down my guard on him and gotten all weak? He showed me a side of myself that I had been hiding all along.

I always had a wall up whenever I talked to people, even Riley, he could break that wall down in a heartbeat, without even realizing it. He could summon the side of me that I've disguised so well to make everyone believe that I was okay, but he could see right through me.

I've known him for about 3 months now, but it feels like I've known him my whole life. Ever since I lay eyes on him, I knew something was going to happen between. I had felt the connection he had given me, and foolishly I had refused it.

Did he still want me?

I sighed and hugged Rose closer to me like she was a teddy I could cuddle close to. She just kept eating her candy. I looked at her, wondering what life problems were yet to come for her, smiling at how much boy trouble were waiting, and I wished that I never grew up so fast. Life was throwing too much responsibility at me to handle, but the thing is, I've always been too mature for my age. I had taken care of Jamie more than my mom had, but I always had mixed feelings about everything. Always cautious of every person and never letting them in too closely.

It was getting colder everyday as we reached the end of the year. December.

"Guys, it's getting dark. Shall we go now?" Lizzie asked.

"Yeah." Alexis replied. I nodded along as I picked up Rose. "Wait, can I just go to the shops first? I need to buy some conditioner. I've ran out."

"I don't think there's any conditioner in the shop." Lizzie said.

"No, the other one next to it." Alexis replied.

"Oh. You shouldn't go alone, I'll come with you...but-" Lizzie was saying before she looked at Rose.

"Don't worry, I'll take Rose home." I answered, seeing the concern on Lizzie's face as she worked out what to do.

"Thank you. But then you'll be on your own. Are you sure you'll be alright?"

"Hey, I'm a redhead. We redheads are fiesty." I winked at her. "I'll be fine." 

"Maybe you should call Tristan, he-"

"No." I told her sternly. That shut her up. I didn't mean to be so harsh though.

"Uh, okay then. Bye."

"Bye." me and Rose waved them off. We walked in silence as we both chewed on candy. The sour taste was exciting my tongue as I chewed the chewy bits.

"Red."

"Yeah?"

"Do you like boys?" she asked. I became fully aware at this point.

"What?" I asked, not sure if I was hearing this coming from a four year old.

"Do you like boys?" she repeated, looking up at me innocently with her big blue eyes.

"Uh..." I replied, not sure how to answer. "Why?"

"Cause I saw Fizzy the other day," her pronounciation of the words was still underdeveloped and she called Lizzie, Fizzy. "And her face was on a boys."

She was kissing him?!

Who?!

Lizzie had a secret boyfriend?!

"Who was he?" I asked.

"Me don't know." she shrugged her little shoulders and put her palm upwards while doing so. "She was very happy."

"What did he look like?"

"Me can't remember but his eyes were too green. Me think he was alien."

Was she talking about who I think she was talking about it?

"What colour was his hair?"

"Umm..." she put a finger on her chin while thinking. "Brown."

Yes.

Yes she was.

Lizzie had been kissing Carter.

"Turn around sweetheart." a voice said behind me. I froze but managed to turn on the spot.

It was an unrecognizable man wearing a suit but the thing he was holding at me, held my interest.

A gun.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

So...

How was it?!

Thanks for reading.

Fan.

Vote.

Comment.

Spread the story.

~Dusk2Dawn~

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...
651K 34.1K 36
[IMPORTANT SEQUEL ALERT: Book #2 of 'The Lost One' Series] Love. That's what they had. He loved her and she loved him. Kaiden had never been as pro...
529K 10.3K 34
**This book is completed but will be edited immensely later (by which it may be very different to the original)** Trailer inside! (Book 2) - Tristan...
2.5M 92.8K 118
{18+ COMPLETED} THREE BOOKS IN ONE. "What are you doing?" I ask and he raises an eyebrow. "What do you think?" Brett retorts, grabbing hold of my wai...