The Vampire

By HiiPower_333

Jessy Volkov is the girl next door, the nice girl that everybody likes but one day everything changes. Everyt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 50

123 5 2
By HiiPower_333

Michael's POV

I sat on the wooden bench staring ahead at the lake infront of me swaying peaceful just like the trees. I look up at the sky and found it cloudless nor it was blue but a color of white. I knew I have died and this is not just a dream some how I was pulled into here and I am meant to wait for something to happen. 

My mind began to wonder back in 1915 flashing back to the year when everything changed in my life. I was a meth addict, I've killed for drugs, stolen money to buy drugs and watch so many of my friend OD. I felt like a scum, I felt weak and disgusting yet I still crave for it. My whole life was like a routine since I was 17 sent off to military school but only to runaway from it. For 7 years I've some how survived dozing myself with that poison. 

I stole drugs at one club I needed it so bad since I hadn't had a fixed for 18 hours, I felt myself losing conrtol. They caught me stealing and they beat me up until I wasn't able to see, they dragged me the dirty toilet and left me on the ground bleeding to death. Some how I was okay dying like that instead of in my own vomit. My life have been a mistake and a waste of time and I was done, I wanted to die. I remember a figure hovering above me and for a minute I thought they came back to cause me more pain. 

I remember seeing a white suit and everything else is a blur. I felt his hand graze my face so softly I thought I began to hallucinate. I remember him saying, "You poor child, you're too young to die." His accent was foreign. I thought he injected me with something on my neck and within a few hours I gasped for air and was in a beach house in a white new clothes. I try to look around the big house for the man that saved me but he was no where to be found only a note saying to make myself at home. He showed up in the thrid night and the third night was when I had the urge to use again. The third night when I realized that there is something wrong with me. 

I came face to face with a tall man wearing the white suit, his dark skin compliments his light eyes. He gave me this smile like we were old friends. 

He taught me everything about vampires and about life and how I shouldn't take advantage of it. 

I remember saying to him that I was a broken man and it was a waste of time and I remember him looking at me with a warm kind smile I've never seen in my life and answered. 

"The word broken simply means it can be fixed." 

Those words changed my life. He was kind to me, I spent my days learning and educating myself because I wanted to be like him. I wanted to carry myself with intelligence and grace just like him, I want to be kind and honest. I wanted to be a great man in this new life of mine. 10 years past and one night he never came home, he never left a note so I look every where for him and asked people. I waited and waited but time went by and no sight of him. From this day I don't know where he went or if he is even alive. The man that taught me life is something not to take for granted. 

"Michael." A voice erupt my thoughts. 

I turn around and found Annabel standing there. I smiled and walked up to here this girl always amazes me with the skills she hold. I've never met a witch so young that knows so much. 

"I can't believe I did it." She smiled wildely looking over at me tears welling up in her eyes. "I've cast a spell so each of us could say goodbye to you. I can't believe you're dead, I'm sorry I can't bring you back, I'm not strong enough I want to so bad and I wish-

"Hey." I cut her off wipping away her tears. "It's okay little witch, it's okay." 

Her eyes soften tears pouring down her shoulders shaking. 

"I'm sorry this happened to you." She bit her lip. 

I smiled and shook my head. "I've lived a very long time Annabel, life is good, life is something you would never expect it to be. Look after the family will you? Or I'll haunt you all for ruining our home." I grin making her smile slightly. 

"I will." 

A bright light seem to blind me making me squint seeing her give one final smile her eyes saddening. 

"It's okay." I nodded at her in reassurence. 

My throat tightened as she dissapear on sight tears hitting the back of my eyes. I knew one by one will get harder to let them go but I know they need this. They need to know I'm okay with this, everything will be okay. I know I need to tell everyone that vengence is not always what we need and we all need to let this one go. 

Infront of me I see Kat, her eyes widen tears running down her face as her face twisted in pain. 

"Oh my God." Kat cried.

"My fille forte" I spoke in French translating 'my strong girl' the nickname I given her the first night she told me what happened to her writting it down on a piece of paper. She knew little english so I taught her. 

She gave out a sob walking closer to me her eyes couldn't believe I am standing here. 

"Come back to us Michael, we need you please are family will fall a part without." She hold on to my hand begging me to come back like I have a choice. 

Never once did Kat show vulnerability to cry even when she came to my barn blood stains running down her dress. She stands infront of me sobbing quietly and I saw that little girl once again. I frown tilting her head up. 

"Remember what I taught you Kat." I spoke.

She sighed and closed her eyes tears ran down her cheeks her lips trembled. 

"Don't turn your back on our family even if they do." She looks up tears rolling down. "We need you." 

"Close your eyes." I spoke and she did as told. 

I sighed deeply my chest tightening seeing this girl who turned into such an amazing women infront of me. Who learned to fight for herself at the very beginning. Kat my strong girl she will always be a survior that's just who she is. I raise my hand and touch her cheek the way I always use to do to soothe her nightmares when she was young. She gave out a small whimper tears running down her face. Kat was the only one that grew up with me when she was a kid, she's like my daughter. 

"Close your eyes whenever you feel like you're alone. Close your eyes whenever your scared. Close your eyes when everything is falling a part. Close your eyes and remember I love you Kat. Close your eyes and cry because it's okay to let yourself fall a part." I trail my fingertips across her cheeks cupping her face. 

She open her eyes her eyelashes wet against her cheeks. 

"I love you Michael." There was a sense of comfort in her eyes and that troubled look she had slowly faded. 

I move closer and kiss her forehead and so slowly I can feel her vanish beneath my lips telling me that our time is up. 

I cleared my throat feeling overwhelmed by this goodbye. To lose in contact with them, to miss all their stupid fights about who won caught the flags first or who broke the TV control. They think vampires are so cruel but they don't see what I see every single day. They don't see the way they fight in a way siblings do, in the most innocent way. They don't see the kindness and respect we held for each other. They don't see the love in the eyes of vampires as we look at each other. They only see what they don't understand, a beast, an unknown creature, a wild dangerous thing. 

I sat back down on the bench trying to relax myself, to not show them that sadness that is slowly seeping in. A funeral where they gather around and say a speech isn't something they would do, not for any of us. They would burn my body and let me flow through the wind. They wouldn't say a word because right now is the only thing that would matter. I want to erase their doubts that they can't do this without me. I want to show them life will not stop for me, so don't waste your time and let me go because one day we would be together just like before, our family will be complete.

I felt Luke's presence beside his eyes landing on mine. He was always a troubled wild teenager and he is still to this day and some how that's the best thing about him. His spirit to have fun and let go is something you wish you have sometimes.

"This is not suppose to happen." He blink away the tears. "I'll kill him."

"Stop it Luke don't you dare, Lincoln will suffer he will never die and he will wish he did. He will pay in his own way."

"It's unfair." He spoke angerily. "You out of all people should not die especially not the way you did."

"I know, he could of kept my head with my body I was wearing my tom ford suit." I joked.

He frown at me almost rolling his eyes at me making me chuckle. I bump my shoulders against him smiling softly.

"I'll miss you nagging me all the time." Tears roll down his face.

I smiled laughing, "I will certainly miss that you brat." I shook my head. "I think it's time for you to settle down like your bother Dominic." 

"Oh please! Don't get me started on Dominic." He groan throwing his head up. "But you know what you're right I think Annabel is a good match for me. Smart girl, nice body, beautiful face, I mean it's okay that she's a witch I can deal with that plus-" 

"Stay away from her." I spoke warningly knowing his history with girls. 

He grinned wipping away his tears in his eyes. He faded away from me too and slowly my smile vanished sadden at each ticking moment. This is the most hardest thing I could ever do but I want to make it better for all of them and for me too. I want to see them one more time.

The next person is Chester he sat next to me just staring at me and for the first time I've known Chester. The person who always joked around, even in the most serious situation he never was the serious type always easing people's stress. Chester cried his head hanging low. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder feeling him shake as he lets it all out. He cried for me letting me go. We sat there in our one minute we had in silence and that was enough to comfort both of us.

Oscar came walking towards me his eyes widening in shock. I pat the bench telling him to sit.

"I've had such a long day Oscar." I sighed deeply. "You know when you first came to the house you know what I saw in you?"

"What?" He asked his eyes traveling over my face as if not believing I am here.

"Me, I see myself in you."

"I'm nothing like you but I wish I could be." He shook his head. 

"You're your own person, be who you want to be." I adviced. 

"Everybody is a mess without you...Jessy she's different, something has changed we need you back." 

"You look after her for me will you I know you will without a doubt." I pat his knee. "You will all get through this I know it." 

"Just.." He shook his head a small smile lingered on his lips. "Thank you Michael for everything." 

"I thank you aswel Oscar." I pat his shoulder smiling towards him. 

"Goodbye Michael." He sighed deeply. 

"It's not a goodbye" I told him flashing him a grin. 

He slowly faded like a picture infront of me, the sky seemed whiter then before and I feel myself being pulled away but I can't go yet not until I see everyone. 

"Michael." I heard Niki's voice. 

Her eyes whine brightly amazed to see me, she walked up to me wrapping her arms around me. We stayed for the minute that we had wrapped in each others arms comforting each other. I whispered I love you and she whispered we'll see each other again. She has got more knowledge then I got to ever hold. She escapes reality by reading novels just like me, we would spend most of our time together locked in a room with a book in our hands. She has the warmest heart and the most beautiful mind I could witness and I am glad I became part of her life. 

I was left with a coldness in my arms as she fade away just like everyone else. I waited for someone to come out and when I heard that laugh it had me grinning from ear to ear. The small little miracle came running towards me jumping in my arms. Her father right behind her. 

"Michael! Are you okay? Are you in pain?" Alex hugged me leaning her small head against my shoulder. 

"Pain is temporary little wolf remember that for me okay." I smiled looking behind her shoulder. 

Chad smiled sadly nodding towards me. He's a man with few words but there is no question what he will sacrifice for his daughter even for us. 

"You're going to be okay aren't you?" She place her hand on my face. 

I stare back at her innocent eyes smiling widely knowing that little innocence will always be there. 

"I'm okay now Alex." I hugged her. "You can bring in as many wolf as you can in the house." 

"Really?" She grinned her eyes shine with happiness. 

"You can bring in a pack if you want." I wink over at Chad who chuckled shaking his head amused. 

I could picture everyone groaning and whinning seeing wolves in the house while Alex names them all. It will be a disaster and I hope it will be for my entertainment. 

"I'll miss you so much." She wrapped her small arms around me tightly. 

"I'll miss you more little wolf." 

She pull back a little smile is place upon her face and it's that smile I will remember as she began to fade from me. 

I sat back down on the bench finding comfort in everyone. Two more people left and it's those two are the most stubborn people and I just hope one minute with them is enough to give them want they need. Dominic appeared beside me his blue eyes held sorrow and pain and as his eyes snap towards mine his face is twisted in agony. Tears fell from his eyes and I watch his lips trembled and I knew something had happened. I can sense it and it has everything to do with Jessy. 

"Make it right Dominic." I spoke. 

"I don't know how to she won't forgive me." He shook his head. "She hates me, she doesn't want anything to do with me. I'm suppose to come here and say goodbye but here I am making this about me." 

"That's what I do Dominic I give you advice so you won't do stupid things." I smile amused. 

"That's right, I need you Michael to stop from doing stupid things. I need you to knock some sense into me. I need you to tell me what to do next because I can't lose her too. I can't lose the one person I have loved more then anybody else. I need you to tell me how to make this right. I'm not ready to let you go and say my fucking goodbye. This is all bullshit! Everything is falling a part." He stood up angerily and I knew he is losing his temper whenever he does he pushes people away and hates himself instead. "I will kill that cunning asshole! I will torture him and rip him a apart and paint that cave with his blood." 

"Do you want Jessy to forgive you?" I stood up. 

"Yes." 

"Than don't do that, you hear me Dominic? Don't step foot in that mountain. You are worst than your brother Luke." I shook my head amused they really are related with that bad temper it's a miracle it skipped Chester. 

He shook his head clenching his jaw. I sighed deeply plaicing my hand on either side of his face stilling him. I remember meeting him for the first time, I've heard things about him. They say he's reckless and cruel just like his father but what I saw was a young man who sacrifice his happiness for the one he loved. I saw him and I didn't see a heartless vampire, I saw a sad man and a sad man with nothing to lose is a greater threat than a bomb ready to explode. What I see now is the same young man I first saw. 

"Don't let this one go Dominic, fight for her, show her she needs you the way you need her. Do it right, give her time and never let her go from you. You and Jessy deserve each other so don't give up." I spoke easing his tension. 

"I'll fight for her." He vowed almost talking to himself.

I pat his shoulder leaning against his head in a gesturing comforting way. His eyes water and as the time ticked by too fast he blink away the tears staring at me.

"Don't let her go." I said one last time.

He nodded a faint smile came as he faded into the air. I waited on the bench and she finally came, I heard her faint cry behind me. I stood up a smile stretched on my face seeing her run up to me in relief tackling me into a hug. Her body shook against mine as she sob. 

"I'm sorry! This is my fault, I'm so sorry I couldn't make it on time. Don't hate me Michael, I won't stand it if you of all people will hate me. I'm sorry I couldn't save you." Jessy cried. 

I pulled back frowning swallowing the lump forming in my throat seeing her blame herself for this. 

"You silly girl I could never hate you, I don't think I have it in me to do that to you." I wipe away her tears feeling my own in the back of my eyes. 

"It hurts so much Michael, I can't make it go away. This anger is something I can't let go, I can't start my life again the way you wanted me to. I don't think I can forgive myself for this." She took in a shakey breath. 

"Don't cry sweet girl, don't cry for me because I am happy, don't cry for me beacuse you think I hate you, don't cry for me because I'm gone." I place my hand under her chin making her lift her eyes towards mine. "Let this anger go Jessy, your stubborness is one of the things I love about you but this stuborness is going to get you killed if you don't let this go." 

She shook her head, her eyes dropping close as she takes a deep breath, her whole body shook tears still ran down her cheeks. She squeezed her eyes tightly her hand shooting towards mine holding onto my hand. 

"Let this go." I said again tears blurring my gaze. "Let me go." I spoke feeling a heavy weight seeing her struggle through her pain. 

She gave out a cry her breathing becoming uneven. 

"Don't cry sweet girl." I wipe away her tears my eyes softening as I feel her hands shake in mine. 

Our time flew past, too fast and it creates a burning heaviness in my chest and it's like she felt it too. Her eyes flew open shaking her head at me. I wish I had more time to snap her out of her self hate but I'm afraid it's not me that could do that at the moment. It's up to Dominic. Before I knew it she vanished in a fast movement.

I sighed deeply leaving my life behind, it was a good run, I've had a life no one could even imagine and I am thankful. I could never regret anything in this life. So I stood infront of the lake a big smile slowly crept in deciding that this isn't the moment to be sad because this is a new chapter of a new long life and here possiblities are endless. 

I frown when I sense movement behind me. I thought Jessy is the last one but I was wrong. Slowly I look over my shoulder and I saw a figure in the sunlight my breath caught in my throat. I turn and look ahead at the girl walking towards me and for a second I thought an angel came to greet me but instead it was my own personal angel. 

Her big brown eyes shine with tears as she stride towards me in a rush. She jumped in my arms, my lovely fiance wrapped her arms around my neck and the heaviness inside finally completly vanished with her being in my arms one last time. She cried her body shaking as she clench onto me as tightly as she could. She had me wrapped around her finger from the moment she fell in my arms at the book store. 

"I love you so much." Matilda cried against me. 

"I love you from the moment you fell from that ladder reading my favorite book." I held her tighter. 

"I can't live without you Michael." She press her lips against mine sighing in content. 

"You have to for me, be happy and one day we'll see each other. I'll be waiting for you my love. I'll be here on this bench reading Hamlet and when the time comes I'll bring you to the castle where we would live forever and have the wedding we always dreamed. So live me for me and I'll wait for you here and I'll never stop thinking about you. So if you think you can't live without me just think ahead and see the future we'll have and you'll make through."

She nodded leaning against me her lips is the thing I will hang onto until we meet again. I let my tears fall finding the warmth of her embrace fade away from my touch. I stood there staring at the empty space. The emptiness slowly faded and my smile came back knowing that they all will be okay. They just have to see what I see and they'll understand. 

"Well old friend I've been waiting for you." His voice came to my right making me gasp softly in shock finding him here. 

The man that saved me, he wore his white suit, his hands in his pocket and that warm comforting smile he always held. I stare at him in shock never thought I would see him again. We walk side by side telling each other stories of the moments we missed. We laughed just like old times walking towards no where in particular. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4M 199K 54
"Fate is tricky and her time is limited. She can love without reason, and forgive without thought - that is her curse and her gift. Be that as it may...
764 23 20
In Zoey's world she deals with her three annoying brothers, and a sister can be hard but the hardest is being bullied and hated by Jessica and Tessa...
2K 675 58
At the tender age of twelve, Jessica Muri finds her parents lifeless with territorial blood curdling marks on their necks. After five years of trying...
35.1K 1.3K 22
⚠️THIS BOOK HAS LOTS OF TYPEOS IN MISTAKES READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ⚠️ ~Zoey is the neighborhoods good girl she's loved by many hated by some she's nev...