"Fate is tricky and her time is limited. She can love without reason, and forgive without thought - that is her curse and her gift. Be that as it may, the wolf will remain by Red Riding Hood's side for all eternity, for she is a lady, and he, a monster." - Aleksandra Volkov.
Van Volkov was born with a curse, a demon that lives inside of his mind, and a promise to protect. Having lived his entire life for the sake of others, he has created a steel wall that surrounds himself - impenetrable, just like his heart. Revered as a God by humans and a murderer by his own kind, he lives in secrecy, letting few humans know that he is one of four pure lycan's left in the humans world.
That all changes when he rescues a human child after her family are killed by rogue shifters. Vowing never to acknowledge her existence or his rare act of kindness, he struggles with the fact that she could be the key to breaking down his steel walls and unlocking his buried humanity.
But how do you find your humanity when you're not really human at all?
Aira Blight was six years old when she witnessed her entire family's death. Taken in by a doctor and his kind wife, Aira slowly but surely recovers from the trauma. As she grows, Aira is supported financially and academically by a supposed stranger, but she knows her saviour is watching over her, and her one wish is to help her cold and angry hero feel compassion and love - the same sort of compassion and love he has shown Aira her entire life - although he may not know it.
Published December 15th, 2016. Available on Amazon in Kindle and Paperback.
60% of the Sample Manuscript Available
- Chapter One: Stirred Destiny
- Chapter Two: Saved
- Chapter Three: Weakness and Strength
- Chapter Four: Generosity
- Chapter Five: Love, Van
- Chapter Six: Found
- Chapter Seven: Nightmares
- Chapter Eight: Letters
- Chapter Nine: The Long Goodbye
- Chapter Ten: The Return
- Chapter Eleven: Tormented
- Chapter Twelve: Starting New
- Chapter Thirteen: The Wolf-God
- Chapter Fourteen: A Promise Kept
- Chapter Fifteen: That, We Do Not Forget
- Chapter Sixteen: The One You Miss
- Chapter Seventeen: The Big, The Bad & The Ugly
- Chapter Eighteen: Forgetting The Truth
- Chapter Nineteen: Fight or Flight
- Chapter Twenty: Cruel
- Chapter Twenty: Seeing Red
- Chapter Twenty: Welcome, Akim
- Chapter Twenty-One: Confessions
- Chapter Twenty-Two: Goodbye, I Love You
- Chapter Twenty-Three: Her Guardian
- Chapter Twenty-Four: Until We Meet Again
- Chapter Twenty-Five: Fate of the Human
- Chapter Twenty-Six: The Gift
- Chapter Twenty-Seven: *Chapters Removed Onward*
- Chapter Twenty-Eight: Only For Today
- Chapter Twenty-Nine: Hateful Lessons
- Chapter Thirty: Caged Animals
- Chapter Thirty-One: The True Monster
- Chapter Thirty-Two: Darkness
- Chapter Thirty-Three: What Once Was Hers
- Chapter Thirty-Four: Acceptance
- Chapter Thirty-Five: Still a Wild Animal
- Chapter Thirty-Six: Not One Of Them
- Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Game
- Chapter Thirty-Eight: Language Barrier
- Chapter Thirty-Nine: Strength In His Weakness - Part I
- Chapter Thirty-Nine: Strength In His Weakness - Part II - Finale
- Note & Book II Preview!
- Authors Note: The Greatest Announcement of All Time!
- Just For You!
- I Never Expected This!
- Free Goodies Just For Konstantinians!
- Want To Have Your Name In My Book?
- Even More Free Stuff Just For You!
- Hooray For Us!
- Last Day To Get The Free Book!
- IT'S HAPPENING
- The Day Is Here!
- Authors Note: Please Read 18/06/2017