𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 - 𝐌...

hiddleloki द्वारा

Max loved living in New York, she had everything she could ever want, having a best friend like Derek Shepher... अधिक

Part One
Cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Part Two
Cast part two
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Ninteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-five
Part three
Cast Part Three
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Ninteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three

Ten

20.4K 496 242
hiddleloki द्वारा

Yesterday
Season two episode eighteen

"Miranda Bailey you make the perfect baby" Max said to her best friend while playing with the babies finger "Yeah, you are just so perfect huh"

"Okay M2 give my child some air" Miranda began but Izzie and George showed up.

"Good Morning, Dr. Bailey" Izzie said speaking in a small baby voice as she walked up to touch the little guy.

"Ah ah! No touching unless you ask, Dr. Stevens" Max said putting her hand in between Tuck and Izzie.

Miranda nods at Max in appreciation "Are the O.R's up and running?"

"Uh, Yeah, they're fully functional. Uh, except there's some smoke damage to the corridors" Christina told her attending, who of course still had her baby.

"How about you? You fully functional?" Miranda said looking at Meredith who was just standing there.

"I'm fine" Meredith said nodding her head to give it more realness "How's your husband?"

"Taking him home tomorrow" Miranda told her interns then looked down at Tuck "Yes, we are. Yes. Yes..." Miranda looked at Izzie when she began to join in "Okay, this is not a tea party. Go. Work. Save some lives. Now!"

The group of interns left quickly to go find something to do while Miranda, Max and baby Tuck stayed behind.

"Do it now" Max said softly while looking at Tucks some little face "Is that funny, yeah your momma is so funny huh" The two adults looked at the baby as he smiled, thinking how crazy this all is.

"Jake Burton, fifteen, has advanced Craniodiaphyseal Dysplasia, was admitted last night after complaining of headaches" Christian said presenting the teenagers symptoms.

"And as I know, he's definitely not a complainer" Max said walking into the patients room, Max knew the Burtons from New York and when she got a call saying the her favorite patient was here at this hospital she came runnin.

Mr. Burton looked up and gave Max a small smile "He's been having some nausea as well"

"Well we can't have that now can we, Jake, can I get you to sit up, please?" Max asked walking closer to get a better look at him.

The teen nodded his head "Sure, Dr. Mallard anything for you" He said joking around.

"Great! Now I want you to look right here for me" She asked as she lifted up her hand to give him a guide "Thank you"

"You know, if you pretend I'm a lion, it helps" Jake told Christina once he noticed the uncomfortable look on her face.

"Sorry?" She asked confused, why does she need to pretend that he's a lion. 

"If you pretend I'm a lion instead of a really messed up kid, you get a talking circus animal, which is way easier to look at" Jake told the intern trying to make her feel better.

Max shook her head "Okay, Jake, I think you're scaring my Intern"

Jake laughed which made Max laugh, "Dr. Yang, what is our immediate concern?"

"Uh, that the bony tumors are growing inward and encroaching on his brain" Christina said immediately then looked back down to stare at Jakes face.

"Good, Dr. Yang" Max said to the Intern "Now Jake I could've sworn there was some Chocolate cake with icing down stairs, are you up for that?"

"Hell yeah!" He shouted fist bumping the air.

"Okay Interns, you may leave" Max called out waving her hand in the air.

Once the interns left Max sat on the edge of Jakes bed starting up a conversation "You know I won't be doing your surgery right? Derek Shepherd, he's the Nuro guy around here, so he'll be taking over"

"He's uh your best friend right? I think I remember you talking about him" Jake asked trying to think of the conversation they both had.

"Right, anyway he's great, one of the best. You're in good hands" Max smiled and put her hand over Jakes, he always seemed like a tough kid but know one is truly fearless.

"You'll be in the room though right?" He asked the girl.

Max looked up at the Burtons and smiled, "Every step of the way"

"Great! Now how's Mark?" Jake asked jumping right to the big questions.

"Oh, uh, we actually broke up, yeah, almost eight or nine years ago" Max said stumbling over her words, she was definitely not ready for a question like that.

"Damn his loss" He said in a light tone "Dude, wouldn't it be crazy if he just showed up one day, like out of the blue"

She widened her eyes "Yeah, well, I hope not" She told the teen as she got up from his bed "I've got to go talk to Dr. Shepherd, I'll come in later to see how you guys are doing"

Max walked out of the patients room and walked down the hall and spotted Derek and her brother talking, so she walked closer to them.

"What's up guys" She asked once she was close enough that they could hear.

"Nothin really, few patients today" Leo answered putting the file down and then looking at Max.

"Great! Well Jake Burton is here! Isn't that exciting? Well not overly cause this is a hospital but I get to see him, so exciting!" Max rambled with a smile on her face, "Oh and he said something about crazy it would be if Mark just showed up one day"

The two Male doctors scoffed "Yeah, if he ever shows up that'd be the day I kick his ass"

Derek looked at Leo nodding his head "That would be the day that I also kick his ass"

"Okay, you big macho men, it's not like it'd ever happen" Max said rolling her eyes at the two, Leo and Derek have gotten pretty close over the years and everyone knew that Leo brought out the crazy in Derek.

"Well in this fake scenario, me and Derek get to tag team him" Leo said smiling, see crazy.

"Right well have fun I guess" She told the two doctors and then walked away, she was so lucky that she didn't get the crazy.

Max and Christina were in the MRI room with Jake, Christina was in the control room as Max got him situated.

"Okay, Jake, it cant get a little cramped in there, so you have to try not to move" Max said to the patient as she connected him to the machine.

"Yeah, uh, this is like my 50th MRI experience" Jake said to the knowing doctor.

"I know that, I'm sorry, I just wanted to prepare you" Max said giving him a small comforting smile.

"It's okay, you have really nice eyes, you know?" He said boldly as he moved further into the machine.

"Yes Jake, you've told me plenty of time" Max laughed at his antics.

"Right, well I'm really big on eyes, they're the only part of my face where tumors aren't growing" He told the doctor who was still looking at him with a smile.

"Yeah, you've got some nice lookin eyes" Max replied back to the kid. 

"You-You get that-that I'm jailbait, right?" He said joking around with the older Doctor.

"Jake, you are such a pain!" Max replied back laughing, she walked out of the room and into the control room next to Christina, she could still hear Jake laughing.

The monitor lit up with the scan of Jakes brain making Max sigh, "Dr. Yang, can you print these off and give them to Dr. Shepherd, and please page me when you show him"

Christina nodded her head then looked back down at the screen listening to Max's footsteps out the door.

"Dr. Yang, book an O.R" Derek said handing her back the scans.

The three doctors walked into Jakes room to give him the news, but the walk was cut short when they saw Mark Sloan talking to the patients parents.

"How-How is the possible?" Mrs. Burton asked the plastic surgeon.

"It won't be easy, but-"

"Dr. Sloan, can I help you with something?" Derek asked harshly looking at his former best friend, while Max just stood there shocked.

Mark turned around and looked at the small group that came in.

"Holy shit" Mark said as soon as he see's Max's face.

"He says he can fix my face!" Jake said excitedly looking at Max with a huge smile on his face "He's going to make me look like normal"

Derek made Max come into the Chiefs office with him in Mark, he was hoping since Max was the Chiefs niece, that the man would favor their side instead of Marks.

"The kid wants a new face!" Mark yelled out not to anyone in particular just wanted everyone to hear his side.

"That is not the point!" Derek yelled back, he was pissed and maybe it had mostly to do with Mark sleeping with his wife.

"The point is the kid wants his face fixed and I want to do it" Mark replied back with just as much heat.

"No, the point is that, you want to get published" Derek said yelling over the top of Mark.

"Well, Yeah and im guessing your Chief of surgery does, too. You know how the press loves a good before and after shot, Richard" Mark said in his regular tone, he would do anything, say anything, to get this surgery.

Max scoffed looking at the three men in this room, a bunch of surgery hungry idiots.

"Call me Dr. Webber" The Chief began "Derek, out of friendship to you, I would very much love to say no to this jackass but as Chief-"

It was Max's turn to be apart of this conversation "Please, Richard, dont say it"

Richard looked at Max with a sad smile, sure he would have sad no if it was just a regular surgery but in this case this surgery would make him and the hospital look good.

"Dr. Sloan, if you can get the parents to sign a consent form..." The Chief finished looking right at Max.

"Round two goes to the Jackass" Mark said smugly looking at Derek.

"Are you kidding me? Richard" Max said standing up from the farthest chair away from make, looking at the sorry face the Chief was making "No, you don't get to look like that, you don't get to feel sorry for the decision you made. You don't even know the half of it, and it's truly disgusting that you're even considering this, you don't know this case, you don't know how big of a risk this is, all you're think about is yourself and this damn hospital!" She stopped to catch her breath looking at the stares in the room "I just want you to know that if Jake Burton dies today then his death will be on your hands, both of yours" She walked out of the room with Derek and Mark following after.

"Max!" Mark called out wanting her to come back and talk to him.

Max turned around to glare at him but instead she saw a very angry brother punching Mark in the face.

"Leo!" Max yelled running back down the hall.

"What am I? Some human punching bag?" Mark said holding the spot that Leo just punched.

"Oh my god, Leo, is your hand okay?" Max asked grabbing her brothers hand to examine it.

"Yeah, my face is perfectly fine, doesn't hurt at all, thanks for asking" Mark said sarcastically as Derek stood there laughing and Max glaring.

"Shut up" Max said guiding Leo to the nearest ice machine.

Once Max and Leo were behind closed doors she lifted up her hand and slapped the back of his head.

"Ow!" Leo said lifting his hand up to rub his head "What was that for?"

"Be quiet, that didn't hurt and you know what that was for, you could get fired or even broken your hand!" Max said filling a plastic bag with some ice and tying it so the water doesn't fall out.

"Yeah well the guy deserved it, who does he think he is just showing up like that" Leo scoffed, Mark was never going to get on his good side, ever.

"It's not like he even came back for me, he made that pretty clear with the silence, probably here for Addison" Max said shrugging her shoulders like it was no big deal.

"Exactly, his silence is what makes me pissed, he convinced you to have a kid and then when shit hits the fan he leaves, then when you tell him you're pregnant he becomes a ghost" Leo rants, holding the ice on his knuckles.

"Well that's not your problem to deal with-" Max said trying to reason with him.

"Not my problem? Not my problem to deal with? You're my little sister if I didn't make this my problem then he wouldn't get what he deserves" Leo said jumping down from the bed and onto his feet.

"He already has to live with the thought of not knowing his daughter, the guilt will eat him up, if not now then soon" Max said as she threw away the wrappers from the bandages, secretly hoping that Mark doesn't want to see his daughter.

Derek, Max and the Burtons walked into Jakes room as Mark was creating a visual for what Jakes new face would look like.

"So, what do you think, am I a Dalí or more of a Picasso?" Jake asked once everyone was in the room.

"Could you stop doing that for a minute, please?" Mr. Burton asked Mark "Jake...Jake, I'm sorry. This surgery, the brain surgery, is very dangerous-"

"No, don't say that. Y-you don't get to change your mind" Jake said looking at his Dad with marker on his face.

"You know, I know Dr. Sloan has made you big promises, but the bony tumors inside your skull are bad" Derek said walking to the teenager and sitting on the chair next to him.

"I don't care" Jake cried out looking right at Derek.

"The bleeding will be hard to control. I'm not trying to frighten you, I just want you to under-"

"I do understand. I understand that this has nothing to do with the plastic surgery. So if I'm gonna be under the knife anyway, then-" Jake said trying to convince Derek that I was okay.

"The plastic surgery could-" Derek began again trying to get Jake to understand the risks.

"Sorry to interrupt-" Mark began trying to be apart the conversation.

"What you need to understand-" Derek began again trying to get words out but instead he keeps getting interrupted.

"Excuse me. Jake is actually right, no reason to put him through a second surgery and a second round of anesthesia. It's much safer just to do I all at once" Mark said finally being able to talk.

"Honey, we just want to focus on keeping you alive" Mrs. Burton said softly, she felt bad for doing this but she wanted a son.

"Mom, I-I almost does when I was ten years old and then again when I was twelve and then again last year but... but I'm still alive. I'm still alive, so I say we go for it" He said explaining why he should have the surgery.

"Jake" His mother said sighing.

"Look, I know that you think I'm perfect just the way I am but that's your job to do that but for once in my life, I'd like to think that someone else thought that. Please" Jakes finished looking at his parents then to Max who was wiping a fallen tear.

Max came back to Jakes room after everyone left, she wasn't going to change his mind about the surgery, she just wanted to talk to him.

"Jake Burton, you are gonna break my heart" She said walking into his room and sitting down on the chair next to him.

"I'll break your heart even more once I get this handsome face" Jake said giving Max a little nudge.

"You've already got a handsome face, maybe not on social terms but you have a handsome face" Max said grabbing his hand for comfort, "You're funny, your sense of humor is out of this world and you're smart, Your mom sent me a letter one time saying that colleges were looking at you because of your academic scores and you're just fifteen! So no maybe you don't think your handsome but your heart is, I just wanted to let you know that since you're my friend and I needed you to know that before your surgery"

Mark was leaning on the door frame listening to Max's conversation, she had always been amazing, whenever she walked into a room it would lit up, and Mark couldn't deny that when the lights are off and when he's laying in the king size bed that they shared, he thinks of what life would be like if he followed her.

"She's dating, I've known that girl for eight years and I've not once seen her talk to a guy or even try to, now she's met this amazing guy but she thinks everything going to crumble because of you" He heard Miranda Baileys voice from behind him, "and she got a dog, she's had her for a couple months now, a little golden retriever, she only thought of getting one because she was lonely in house made for a family and that a dog would be a nice change. So she went and bought a dog"

"She got a dog" Mark stated, sure he was jealous of the boyfriend, but he's known Max his whole life and never once has she ever talked about owning a dog, and maybe she's different but Mark still wondered if she was the same girl he had fallin in love with.

"Is it harder to get through the bony tumors?" Max heard Alex Karev's voice from her spot next to Graham, they've been at this for a little over an hour and a half and as Max was holding Jakes hand Graham was holding her head with his shoulder, neither of them noticing the look Marks as giving them.

"It's a little more dense" Derek replied back looking at the open skull, "Basin. This is done. Cottonoid. Hang another unit of blood"

"I've got it" Christina told Derek.

"Oh, son of a bitch" Derek said which made Max more alert and worried.

"We're losing him" One of the nurses said.

"Give me the sponge. Put in the pressure infuser. Somebody change that bag of blood, please. We need a fresh bag" Derek said loudly so his team could hear.

"No carotid" Alex said checking Jake.

"We've got V-fib" Another nurse said to Derek.

"Derek!" Max said suddenly, she knew.

"Start C.P.R. and bag him" Derek told the nurse that was next to him.

"Paddles! Get the paddles!" Max yelled out hoping that someone would listen to her.

"He's losing a lot of blood. Someone get F.F.P."

"Charging to 200" One of the nurses said.

"Charging" Christian said holding the paddles then handing them over to Mark.

"Clear!"

Max got into the elevator with Derek, ready to go home, she pressed the button to the main floor and then watched the door start to close.

"Hey" Addison said as she stopped the elevator with her hands.

"Hey" Derek and Max both said at the same time, it really wasn't a good time right now to be apart of whatever this was.

"I haven't seen you all day" Addison said to her husband, she heard what happened today in surgery and she was worried.

"I didn't want to see you today" Derek told his wife which made Max back up with wide eyes, this was definitely going to be an awkward ride.

"It's not my fault he showed up, Derek" Addison whispered but since the elevator was small Max heard it.

"What do you mean? Why would it be your fault?" Max asked the redhead confused, what did Addison have anything to do with this?

"Max. He told me- He told me that he was here for me, I'm-I'm Sorry Max" Addison said softly, she didn't want to hurt the girl.

Max laughed "I'm sorry, be with you? He doesn't get to be with you"

"I know, I know"

They lifted there head when they head the elevator open, and then they watched Mark walk into it.

"Don't beat yourself up-" Mark said to Derek but he was not having it.

"I'll take the stairs" Derek said then looked at Max "Come on Max" He held his hand out for her and she took it, walking out of the elevator with him.

"Oh, come on"

"Derek"

"How come you can forgive her but not me?" Mark asked looking at Derek paying zero attention to the girl with a broken heart.

"I didn't forgive her, and with you I have no obligation to try, I don't want you near me and I'm sure Max doesn't want you near her either so do yourself a favor and go home" Derek said walking away with Max.

Max walked to her car with Maeve on her hip, once they reached her car she heard her name being called out, she turned around and saw Mark Sloan walking toward her.

"What do you want Mark?" Max asked him, she was exhausted and Maeve could barley keep her eyes closed.

She saw Marks eyes widen as his eyes landed on Maeve, "Holy Shit"

"Goodbye Mark" Max said turning again to put Maeve into her car seat.

"Wait, Wait" Mark called out walking closer to the two girls, "You have a kid?"

Max turned around so fast that even Mark could have whiplash, "Don't act like you didn't know, I sent you a letter, explains everything. And while you were out having sex with god knows who, me and Maeve were here waiting for you"

Mark scrunched up his eyebrows, now he was really confused, "What letter?"

"Mark, I really don't have time for this, my daughter is half asleep in my car and I'm exhausted" Max told the man that was standing in front of her, she saw his blank expression, then walked over to the drivers side.

"Wait, Wait!" Mark yelled out running around the car, "What letter?"

Max sighed looking at his face again, "Since you didn't answer me when I called, I mailed you a letter about nine years ago saying that I was pregnant and of course whose else would it be other then yours"

"I have a kid" Mark said simply, he was still trying to process this information.

"Yes Mark, She's seven and she's really freaking tired so let me go home" Max said buckling her seat belt and backing up out of her parking space, away from Mark and away from this hospital.

//

Oooof
),:
I love Mark but damn he really blew shit up.

What do you guys think Max will do once Mark decides that he wants to see Maeve?

Ex-Factor- Lauryn

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.3M 33.3K 98
❝I'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.❞ She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...
3.4K 121 9
𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝖧𝖺𝗋𝗆𝗈𝗇𝗒 𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝖺 𝗌𝗎𝗋𝗀𝗂𝖼𝖺𝗅 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗇 𝖺𝗍 𝖲𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾 𝖦𝗋𝖺𝖼𝖾 𝗁𝗈𝗌𝗉𝗂𝗍𝖺𝗅 𝖧𝖺𝗋𝗆𝗈𝗇𝗒 𝗐𝖺𝗌 �...
41.7K 2.5K 16
Join in on the second part of Sasha Williams-Yang's story as she makes her way though residency. Where she experiences loss, love, and friendship whi...
Alice ✧ [a. karev] :) द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

338K 8.4K 41
Jade's life had never been perfect and she figured it never would be. A new start in Seattle was just the change she needed, she just wasn't expectin...