The Light of Day

By JanjaFan

The third book of my series. (Megatron's Son and Darkness Rising) During the time of Transformers Robots in D... More

Chapter One: From Cybertron to Earth
Chapter Two: A New Team
Chapter Three: A Challenge
Chapter Four: Trust
Chapter Five: New Decepticons, More Challenges
Chapter Six: True Colors?
Chapter Seven: Solo Missions and Teamwork Issues
Chapter Eight: Adventures in Bee Sitting
Chapter Nine: Hunting Season
Chapter Ten: Injustice
Chapter Eleven: Teamwork and Understanding
Chapter Twelve: Steeljaw's Attack
Chapter Thirteen: A New Team Member
Chapter Fourteen: Field Trip
Chapter Fifteen: The Darkness Part One
Chapter Sixteen: The Darkness Part Two
Chapter Seventeen: Minicons
Chapter Eighteen: Two Teams, Two Problems Part One
Chapter Twenty: New Teams, New Enemies
Chapter Twenty-One: Misdirect
Chapter Twenty-Two: New Team Members and Promotions
Chapter Twenty-Three: Graduation Exercises
Chapter Twenty-Four: Decepticon Island Part One
Chapter Twenty-Five: Decepticon Island Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Six: History
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Grades and Scores
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Pretzels
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Starscream and Minicons Part One
Chapter Thirty: Starscream and Minicons Part Two
Chapter Thirty-One: Starscream and Minicons Part Three
Chapter Thirty-Two: Past Into The Present
Chapter Thirty-Three: Strongarm's BFF
Chapter Thirty-Four: Attack
Chapter Thirty-Five: Captured
Chapter Thirty-Six: Detectives and Officers
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The High Council Part One
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The High Council Part Two
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Carriers
Chapter Forty: Manners
Chapter Forty-One: Minicon Trouble
ON HOLD
Chapter Forty-Two: Contentment
Chapter Forty-Three: Dangerous Felons and Fear
Chapter Forty-Four: Packs of Many
Chapter Forty-Five: Dark Alliances
Chapter Forty-Six: Trials and Family
Chapter Forty-Seven: Freedom and Danger
Chapter Forty-Eight: Missing
Chapter Forty-Nine: Dark Prison
Chapter Fifty: Backup to Nothing
Chapter Fifty-One: Three against All
Chapter Fifty-Two: Into the Prison
Chapter Fifty-Three: Musical Decent
Chapter Fifty-Four: Dark Plans and Reunions
Chapter Fifty-Five: Meeting the Dark Angel
Chapter Fifty-Six: Tasks
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Fighting the 'Angel'
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Meet and Greets
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Running Away and Reveals
Chapter Sixty: Final Fight
Chapter Sixty-One: Finale

Chapter Nineteen: Two Teams, Two Problems Part Two

160 4 26
By JanjaFan

Optimus Prime's Profile:

   I gripped the side of the cliff with all the strength I had in me. Ice cracked around where I was holding on to. The ice couldn't withhold my weight! Using my jetpack, I tried to lessen the weight I had placed on the minicons.

  The boulders also began to fall again. Right down at us. A boulder fell and cracked right in front of me but I stayed calm.

  " Master Drift!" Slipstream suddenly said, " We need your experience!"

  The cracks were growing around them and they could hardly hold me up anymore. " We need your help!" Jetstorm then added.

  In a few minutes, Drift and Sideswipe linked into a rope, reaching out to pull me up to safety. Reaching up, I grabbed Sideswipe's servo. Slowly, I was pulled up towards the two. Wingblade then flew over to us and helped lift me. We had to get to safety.

  Soon I was no longer standing on Jetstorm and Slipstream's alt modes. I was halfway over almost onto the cliff now. After a few more tense seconds, I was back on the cliff. Jetstorm and Slipstream then jumped and transformed back into root mode next to us.

  " Thank you friends." I said, a bit weary. " Apparently the cold has affected me more than I thought it would."

  Suddenly, we heard a metallic roar. " Now what?!" Wingblade cried.

  The Decepticon stood over the ledge high above us and let out a roar. The roar caused an avalanche which started to head towards. There was nowhere to run.

  " What a great mission this is turning out to be." Sideswipe said sarcastically.

  " Wingblade! Take to the air!" I called over to her.

  She looked at me, then walked in front of us and used her signature move. The avalanche began to swirl around us. However, it wasn't enough. We were pushed off the ledge and fell to the snowy ground down below.

Bumblebee's Profile:

  We drove into a lot that was full of wrecked cars. Transforming, we began to walk around the area. The wrecked cars told a story.

  " Good." I said.

  " How is the good Lieutenant?" Strongarm asked me confused.

  " There was a battle here. Hopefully, between Overload and those Cyclone minicons." I kneeling beside one of the damaged cars, " This sure looks like one of Overload's blasts."

  " And this could be from Ransack or Backtrack!" Grimlock said, near another wrecked car.

  " I just hope Overload isn't too damaged." I said getting to my pedds, " He and I still have a score to settle."

  " Overload and the minicons probably went in different directions after the squirmish." I continued, " These trees look like Overload's handywork. I'll head this way and look for him, you two go the other way and see if you can locate Ransack and Backtrack."

  " Sir!" Strongarm said running up to me, not again, " Shouldn't you have some assistance with Overload? After all he...gave you kind of a rough time at the Scrap Yard, and it sounded like a long time ago he-"

  I cut her off, " No. Overload is mine." I then transformed and raced off, following Overload's tracks.

  Overload will pay for what he did to me and for kidnapping my cousin. He will!

Optimus's Profile:

  With a shot of my weapon, all of us climbed out of the snow pit we had originally fallen into. Brushing off some snow, I saw Wingblade looking down. She seemed to be upset that she failed.

  " You did well Wingblade." I said to her as she brushed off some snow, " Your turbines kept the avalanche from hitting us with its full force."

  " Thank you Wingblade." Slipstream said as he and his comrade ran over to her, " Your maneuver was quite impressive."

  " You were most heroic." Jetstorm added.

  " Okay, don't get any ideas shorties. I saw her first." Sideswipe said in a joking serious mood, he seriously reminded me of someone but I couldn't place it.

  Wingblade rolled her optics but smiled at him while Drift gave a look of disgust and irritation. " Let us return to our mission." Drift suggested.

  " Optimus, we don't have much information on the fugitive." Wingblade said, turning to me.

  " That is a situation I believe we can remedy." I said to her, I then commed Fixit, " Optimus Prime to Fixit, come in."

  " Fixit here!" Fixit said picking up, " Go ahead."

  " We seek information about a Decepticon that resembles an Earth Polar Bear." I explained, " One with a sonic roar."

  " That sounds familiar. Polar Claw was the crime boss of Cybertron's northernmost region. In addition to his roar, he has great strength and enhanced eyesight. He's a brilliant strategist, sometimes planning years in advance, to protect his interests during his long periods of hibernation." Fixit finished.

  " Thank you Fixit." I then hung up.

  " Great! With Polar Claw's optics we won't be able to get in two klicks near him before he spots us." Sideswipe said.

  I thought for a minute, " Follow me." I then said, transforming and heading to the Research Center.

  I transformed back into root mode and walked over to a human vehicle, " The Primes taught me many things during my time in their realm." I then scanned the truck, in reality, I just read a lot of texts and taught myself, but I had to give them credit, sadly.

  My paint job then changed to one of snow camo, just like the vehicle I scanned, " Some of which, I can teach you." I finished.

  The others smiled, we had a plan.

Strongarm's Profile:

  I walked with Grimlock in the forest, " I don't like the Lieutenant's single mindedness, Grimlock." I said to him.

  " If he's not careful, it will cost him." I finished.

  " Don't worry, Strongarm!" Grimlock assured, " Bumblebee can-"

  He stopped. " What's the matter?" I asked, since Grimlock had stopped me as well.

  " We haven't been sneaking up on those Minicons after all." Grimlock told me.

  " Then who have we been tracking?" I asked.

  " Step to it men!" Humans!??!? " Remember motto 113, firewood doesn't find itself."

  We were just about to backtrack when we heard another human group in that direction, " Come on guys! The campsite is just ahead and you know the rules, the last troop there has to dig the latrine!"

  " Scrud." Me and Grimlock said together.

  " Thanks to you, our cover is going to be completely blown!" I said to Grim.

  " Don't worry, they haven't seen us yet." Grimlock said, " I have a plan."

  " Move it! Move it! I'm not digging the hedge for the eighth year in the row!" The human in the front of the group argued.

  Grimlock then roared and ran straight past them right in front of them, this plan better work.., I then jumped out in alt mode, " Nothing to worry about juvenile citizens! Just the Forest Service preparing for a scenario 26B, scientists revive a dinosaur and it runs wild! Stay in school!" I said as I drove off.

  Somehow, the plan worked.

Optimus's Profile:

  " I had no idea I could scan another vehicle and adopt just one of its characteristics." Wingblade said surprised.

  " Indeed, it is a useful ability the Primes revealed to you, Optimus." Drift said.

  " And I guess this a pretty good look for me." Sideswipe said, looking at his camo.

  " I am pleased you approve." Why couldn't I figure out why Sideswipe seemed so familiar? " Let us return to our mission."

  I then transformed and drove off back towards the mountain, the others following me. Hopefully, this will be much easier this time around.

Bumblebee's Profile:

  I held my weapon out, following the trail of broken trees. Overload will pay! Nothing will prevent me from getting my revenge.

  I then heard some smashing and found Overload smashing a trailer home. " HELP!" I then realized there was humans in the there!

  Looking around, I found Starscream on the ground not to far away, knocked out. " Let's rehearse it again." Overload then said, stepping back from the trailer.

  " We must be ready for when the curtain goes up for our assault on the city. And then...on Optimus Prime himself!" Overload released two minicons, Backtrack and Ransack!, who hit the trailer then bounced back to Overload.

  The humans continued to scream and yell for help while the cons just smirked at the trailer. I then noticed Starscream waking up. He needed time so he could get back to his pedds but he seemed to be alright.

  " Back away from the trailer, Overload!" I called at him, standing in battle position.

  " What is this?" Overload turned to smirk at me, " No, Optimus? A plot twist!"

  " Just a cop bringing a a perp." I said, glaring hatefully at him, then charging at him.

  " And Action!" Overload yelled, firing off his signature move.

  Dodging, my weapon fell out of my servos. I then tackled Overload to the ground. Punching at him, Overload dodged my attacks. While his minicons watched us, my anger continued to rise. I never noticed Starscream's 'attack' while we were fighting.

  A fatal mistake for the future.

Optimus's Profile:

  We drove along the ice trail we had once walked before. " Everyone stop." Wingblade said, we all listened.

  Our fugitive was above us, looking for any threats. All of us, remaining still, held our intakes. Soon, the fugitive turned and left his look out, certain there was no danger. We all then continued to move up the mountain trail.

  We were seen at the mouth of the cave. Our con was starting to look a bit sleepy. Nestling down, for what it seemed, to be the night.

  " He's preparing a lair. Getting ready to hibernate." Wingblade observed.

  " Optimus, we should wait to apprehend Polar Claw until he is asleep." Drift said.

  All of a sudden, when Sideswipe had moved to walk closer to us, his leg creaked. The cold must've made his stabilizers freeze up! The noise woke up Polar Claw at once. Polar Claw was soon on his pedds and running!

  The rest of us ran past a guilty looking Sideswipe and towards our fugitive. We couldn't allow him to get ahead of us! Polar Claw then turned on his heels and let out a Sonic Roar. Ice then began to fall from the roof, forcing us to slow down and dodge, but we continued our chase.

  I then met up with Wingblade and Drift on the edge of a high cliff. " Do you see Polar Claw?" I asked.

  " There!" Drift responded to me, pointing at our fugitive.

  " Hey! No making the winning catch without me-WHOA!" Sideswipe called out to us, running straight for us only to slip on the ice.

  He crashed into me and soon all of us were on the edge of the ledge of the cliff. None of us had fallen. We all gave a sigh of relief, only for the ledge to break and plummet into the ocean below. With us following.

  We were now underwater, sinking down to the bottom. Thankfully, the Ocean Floor wasn't too far down. However, we couldn't get to Polar Claw now. Sideswipe looked as guilty as ever.

  " I think the cold is getting to me now." Wingblade said, stretching her arm forward and back.

  Drift tried to use his own reflexes, he was slower than normal, " To all of us. We need to complete this mission quickly."

  " How?! Polar Claw will be long gone before we figure out a way to get back to the surface!" Sideswipe said.

  " Not necessarily." I said to him. " Notice that in the direction Polar Claw was traveling? The ocean floor slopes upward."

  " So?" Sideswipe asked me a bit confused.

  " Wingblade!" I turned to her, " Assume your jet mode. Fly out of the water until you reach Polar Claw. Comm your position to us, then do whatever you can to force him into this ocean."

  " And then what?" She asked me.

  " Then, we will handle the rest." I told her.

  Not a minute later she was out of the water following my directions. " Come." I said turning to the rest of the team.

  " We must be in position!" I then transformed and raced across the sea floor.

  The sooner we were done with this, the sooner I could see my son.

Bumblebee's Profile:

  I kept trying to punch Overload but I kept missing. Soon, Overload threw in a punch of his own, making me land hard on my back. Overload then got to his pedds.

  " Wait..I remember you now!" He said.

  I looked up at him, " You do?"

  " Yes. You once called me shameless and overdramatic! How dare you, sir!" Overload yelled, pointing at me.

  " That. Wasn't. ME!" I yelled angry.

  " That my little brother!" A voice yelled.

  We turned and saw Starscream on his pedds, he looked a little weak, but irate as ever. Overload then rejoined with his minicons. He seemed to ignore Starscream for the moment.

  " It wasn't? ...Well. It's your fault for looking like a critic." Overload said.

  He then released his minicons, then tackled me to the ground. Overload then began to punch at me. Starscream ran over at me and tried to shove Overload off of me.

  " Your face does look familiar, however." Overload said, still ignoring Star who was yelling at him to get off of me. " Though it's not as distinctive as mine of course."

  Overload then shoved Starscream aside causing him to hit his helm hard while he began to punch me. Star's optics were closed and he seemed to be knocked out.

  But I could tell from our bond, he was fine, for now.

Optimus's Profile:

  After a bit, Polar Claw fell into the water. He began to swim across the top of the water. Me and Drift grabbed both of Sideswipe's arms and through him up at Polar Claw. Sideswipe then grabbed onto Polar Claw, weighing him down towards us.

  Polar Claw then opened his mouth to do a Sonic Roar but nothing happened, " Your Sonic Roar is not so useful underwater is it?" Sideswipe asked the con before throwing him to us.

  Polar Claw was soon surrounded and was about to attack, when he started to shiver. " Polar Claw has realized his combat skills will be blunted by the temperature." Drift said.

  " Yet mine remain intact." I said, knocking Polar Claw out.

  " Your strategy was exceptional, Optimus Prime." Drift said coming over to me, " When one isn't at one's best, minimising an opponent's strength is a prudent course of action."

  I nodded then opened up my comm, " Wingblade, it appears the sea floor continues its upslope to a nearby shore. We shall meet you there with our captive."

  " Sounds good." Wingblade said. " I have a cache a couple hundred klicks from here. Polar Claw can get all his sleep he wants there."

  I picked up the con and continued to walk with Drift in front and Sideswipe besides me. " Sideswipe, you appear to be limbing. Do you require assistance?" I asked him.

  Sideswipe looked away from me ashamed. I didn't mean to offend him. It then finally clicked in my helm why Sideswipe seemed so familiar.

  I had heard that Knockout and Breakdown had had a child together from Megatron. He must be there son. Thinking of Megatron almost made me laugh, he would go crazy if he found out I attacked his favorite Prime.

  I better start thinking of good excuses. 

Bumblebee's Profile:

  Overload continued to punch me while my injures began to get worse. " It's no use. I just can't place you." Overload said, taking a break from punching me.

  " It will bother me. But not every story raps up cleanly I suppose." He said with a smirk, " Oh well, my climatic rendezvous with Optimus awaits. Time to bring down the curtain on you."

  I looked at Ransack and Backtrack, a plan popped into my helm, " Hello? Are you not listening?! This is quality stagecraft you savage!" Overload said to me, angry.

  " I know you cyclones are free agents." I said, completely ignoring Overload, " You choose who you work with, but this guy completely hogs the spotlight! Want a chance to shine on your own?"

  " You dare try to hire away my crew while the show is still running?!" Overload tried to punch me again but I used my arms as a brace against his.

  " I promise you two something much more satisfying than listening to this blowhard bladder!" I said to them, I could see Starscream getting to his pedds.

  " Blowhard! That's just-" I cut Overload off as I began to hit him with a pan. " You are interrupting my train of thought with that racket."

  I heard the cyclones begin to laugh. " You like the noise don't you guys? There's plenty of more pants and pans right over there." I said to them.

  They smiled and went over to the extra pots and pans, " Why are you listening to an Autobot?! I lead our company!" The minicons just smirked and came over and began to hit Overload with the pots and pans.

  " Cease! Be gone!" Overload yelled, trying to shake the minicons off, " Security!"

  I ran off and got to my pedds and looked at him, " For so long, I wanted the perfect wrap up. Where you remember me and I punch your lights out but you know what? I'll be happy with this." I then got ready for the final blow.

  " NOT THE FACE! NOT THE FACE!" Overload yelled but I successfully knocked him out.

  The minicons, who had flown off due to the blow, now were back on Overload hitting him with their pots and pans. Starscream walked over to me, smiling. He gave me a heads up through the bond he was fine, but he would have a headache.

  " And scene!" I said.

  " Wow." Both me and Starscream turned to find Grimlock and Strongarm there, " As an expert on punches, I say that one was downright Grimlikey."

  " Well done, Lieutenant." Strongarm said to me.

  " What? Nothing for me?" Starscream said smiling.

  Strongarm laughed, " It's good to see that you're alright, Starscream."

  I then bent down and got some pots and pans and hit them together. The minicons turned to me, smiling wide as can be. This should be easy enough.

  " That's right, here we go. We'll march right back to the Scrap Yard and your Stasis Pods!" I said, leading the two minicons in a 'parade' back to our base.

  Grimlock then picked up Overload as the rest followed behind the minicons back to base. We soon had all three cons back in Stasis, and we all were relaxing from our eventful mission. I opened my bond to my Dad.

(Spark Bond Realm)

B- Sire?

OP- Bumblebee.

B- How was your mission?

OP- *shares memoires* What were you all up to?

B- Oh, *shares memories*

OP- OVERLOAD?!? ARE YOU ALRIGHT? ARE YOU HURT?!

S- He's fine, calm down.

B- Starscream? When did you-

S- I have a knack for sneaking into things.

B- Makes sense.

OP- You did well both of you. I hope to see you soon.

S- Before we go...How are we going to tell my Sire all this?

OP-............we don't.

(Spark Bond Realm End)

  Me and Starscream looked at each other. What could go wrong with not telling him?

  A lot of things.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and Happy Easter! Stay Cool guys and Peace Out! -JanjaFan 😎✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 398 80
After Sam's show and tell presentation of his great grandfather's items, he and his younger brother Michael had their first cars. Little did they kno...
11K 198 8
This Book Is The Sequel Of The First Book Of Mutated Predacon.
278K 4.6K 100
Hey everyone this is my first book so go easy with me and this is for all the transformers you request I'll try to write.
40.9K 668 51
Okay. I have had this idea in my head for a long time so I guess I better share it. Disclaimer: I do not own Transformers. I wish, but I don't. Star...