The Light of Day

By JanjaFan

The third book of my series. (Megatron's Son and Darkness Rising) During the time of Transformers Robots in D... More

Chapter One: From Cybertron to Earth
Chapter Two: A New Team
Chapter Three: A Challenge
Chapter Four: Trust
Chapter Five: New Decepticons, More Challenges
Chapter Six: True Colors?
Chapter Seven: Solo Missions and Teamwork Issues
Chapter Eight: Adventures in Bee Sitting
Chapter Nine: Hunting Season
Chapter Ten: Injustice
Chapter Eleven: Teamwork and Understanding
Chapter Twelve: Steeljaw's Attack
Chapter Thirteen: A New Team Member
Chapter Fourteen: Field Trip
Chapter Fifteen: The Darkness Part One
Chapter Seventeen: Minicons
Chapter Eighteen: Two Teams, Two Problems Part One
Chapter Nineteen: Two Teams, Two Problems Part Two
Chapter Twenty: New Teams, New Enemies
Chapter Twenty-One: Misdirect
Chapter Twenty-Two: New Team Members and Promotions
Chapter Twenty-Three: Graduation Exercises
Chapter Twenty-Four: Decepticon Island Part One
Chapter Twenty-Five: Decepticon Island Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Six: History
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Grades and Scores
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Pretzels
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Starscream and Minicons Part One
Chapter Thirty: Starscream and Minicons Part Two
Chapter Thirty-One: Starscream and Minicons Part Three
Chapter Thirty-Two: Past Into The Present
Chapter Thirty-Three: Strongarm's BFF
Chapter Thirty-Four: Attack
Chapter Thirty-Five: Captured
Chapter Thirty-Six: Detectives and Officers
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The High Council Part One
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The High Council Part Two
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Carriers
Chapter Forty: Manners
Chapter Forty-One: Minicon Trouble
ON HOLD
Chapter Forty-Two: Contentment
Chapter Forty-Three: Dangerous Felons and Fear
Chapter Forty-Four: Packs of Many
Chapter Forty-Five: Dark Alliances
Chapter Forty-Six: Trials and Family
Chapter Forty-Seven: Freedom and Danger
Chapter Forty-Eight: Missing
Chapter Forty-Nine: Dark Prison
Chapter Fifty: Backup to Nothing
Chapter Fifty-One: Three against All
Chapter Fifty-Two: Into the Prison
Chapter Fifty-Three: Musical Decent
Chapter Fifty-Four: Dark Plans and Reunions
Chapter Fifty-Five: Meeting the Dark Angel
Chapter Fifty-Six: Tasks
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Fighting the 'Angel'
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Meet and Greets
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Running Away and Reveals
Chapter Sixty: Final Fight
Chapter Sixty-One: Finale

Chapter Sixteen: The Darkness Part Two

154 3 9
By JanjaFan

Bumblebee's Profile:

  Darkness was everywhere while Megatronus smirked and turned to get a holding of his surroundings. All of us were slowly getting up while Starscream seemed to ready himself for battle.

  " Who is Megatronus? Is he the great evil you came to Earth to face?" Drift asked me.

  " Optimus Prime.." I said, my Sire was back. " Is here.."

  " Fixit." Drift opened up his comm, " Does this Megatronus also go by the name Megatron?"

  " No. Megatron named himself after Megatronus." Fixit explained, " Megatronus was one of the original Primes. Boyfriend to Solus Prime, but there is nothing on him about him being evil."

  " I've seen Megatronus in action, he is powerful. We need to attack now!" I said, ready to help my sire no matter what.

  " I agree." Drift said also getting into a fighting position.

  " Bumblebee!" I turned to my Sire, " Free your teammates! I'll attend to Megatronus."

  Sire was already in a battle position, I looked up at my teammates. " Go." Sire encouraged.

  " Yes sir." I said, getting out of battle position to help my team.

  " You could free a million Autobots! None would be able to stop me!" Megatronus taunted, firing up some sort of weapon.

  " I can stop you Megatronus!" My sire directed his attention towards him, " And I shall!"

  Optimus fired his electricity from his sword at Megatronus. Megatronus just reflected causing it to hit me and Drift. We hit the ground hard.

  " Bumblebee!" I heard my Sire yell.

  Starscream then charged up is powers and hit him too. That time, it was a direct hit. And pretty powerful one too, but not strong enough to defeat Megatronus.

  Optimus then hurried over to us, " It seems the only thing you shall do, is help destroy your underlings!" Megatronus taunted to Optimus.

  Megatronus then, somehow, lifted Optimus from the ground into the air! This guy can control gravity?! I stared in shock as Megatronus lifted Sire high into the air and slammed him down into the ground.

  Starscream hit him again, this time with a nice sized rock, for that. " Both Earth and Cybertron played a role in my humiliating exile. And both, shall now pay!" Megatronus said, angry at Starscream.

  " But you will have the honor of being the first to fall!" Megatronus yelled at Starscream.

  " Honored. What do I win?" Starscream said, ready to fight.

  With a cry, Megatronus charged at Starscream.

Russel's Profile:

  People watched the others fight terrified, " Get in character." Dad said to me as we put on our glasses and movie gear.

  We walked over to an officer, " Excuse me, officer!" My dad said in a phony voice.

  " You have to evacuate the entire city, Immediately!" My dad continued once we got the officer's attention.

  " We're making a big budget action film." I explained.

  " Some of our Animatronic props have gone haywire!" Dad said, pointing to our friends and the Decepticons.

  " Scary stuff right?" I added. " So you understand why we have to-"

  " You two are in the movie business?!" The officer said amazed, " I've written a screenplay!"

  As the officer started me and my dad looked at each other, we chose the wrong cop...

Optimus's Profile:

  I watched as Starscream danced out of the way. Making Megatronus miss again, he had already tried to use his gravity on him but Starscream easily broke free. However, Megatronus was gaining on him.

  With a cry, the dinobot grabbed Megatronus, " I take one little dino nap!" He said trying to fight Megatronus.

  Megatronus, however, picked him up and threw him at the one named Drift. Drift fell to the ground but two minicons were sprung loose. They landed in front of Megatronus, ready to guard Drift and the dinobot.

  " Come no closer!" One said, he being mostly red. " We will defend our master with our very sparks! Isn't that correct Jetstorm?"

  The minicon that mostly black was looking up at Megatronus with terror, " Jetstorm!" The minicon then said, knocking 'Jetstorm' out of his terrified trance.

  I got up, ready to help defend the minicons. " Perhaps now would be a good time to attend to Master Drift, Slipstream?" 'Slipstream' looked up at Megatronus then ran back to his leader.

  I couldn't blame them. Megatronus got ready to fight me, I could tell I wasn't alone. Starscream was flying above me trying to regain some of his energy, the Primes should've taught him how to keep stamina in his power.

  Both of us began our sword fight, striking but not able to damage the other. Starscream was watching us, probably mentally reffing us. That's how my nephew worked.

  " I have granted additional power by the Primes!" I said to him when we were at a standstill. " To ensure your plans do not complete!"

  " I too, have been granted additional power from a source far greater than those mechs!" Megatronus said pushing me back.

  I then managed to send him back, halfway across our battlefield. We then meant again, both of our moves were quick and sharp. Neither of us were giving up. Then, using a move I've never seen before, Megatronus sent me flying into a lake.

Starscream's Profile:

  I watched in horror as Optimus feel into the lake, a piece of his chest armor had been tore off, revealing a bit of the Matrix he had in him. Megatronus, smirked, then went over to another device that was in the ground. He didn't, even, finish the job.

  I hit him with a blast so hard it sent him flying, and me falling into the lake. My energy was spent. Silently hoping, I feel into the lake hopping the others could stop him.

Bumblebee's Profile:

  I got up and saw my Sire laying in the lake unmoving, Starscream was also there but he was moving and looked alright. " Optimus!" I yelled running towards him.

  Sire don't die now... " Bumblebee!" Drift said making me stop.

  " We must rendezvous with our teammates and plan a counterattack." Drift said to me, I couldn't tear my optics from my sire though.

  I ran towards Sire, he needed help! Listening, I heard Drift cut Strongarm and Wingblade free. They all then seemed to attack Megatronus, hearing from the common sounds of battle. They would be alright.

  My focus lay entirely on my sire. I could hear some movement in the water, giving a quick glance, I saw Starscream getting up. He then joined the fight against Megatronus again. The others would be alright.

Steeljaw's Profile:

  The Autobots drove around, ready to do a surprise attack, when Underbite knocked them out of the way, " Consider those Autobots parked." Thunderhoof joked behind me at, the now in bot form, Autobots.

  Clampdown and Underbite laughed quietly while I just grinned. I made a mental note to check on Fracture, but other than that, I didn't think about much. We all then looked at Megatronus.

  " Well done." He said, holding the device I had to make.

  " It was the least we could do." I said, almost showing him my sarcasm, " Now, shall we discuss on how to free our brethren from all Autobots, as you promised?"

  " You've earned your award, though I can't imagine why you'd want a pile of dead soldiers." Me and the others realized we'd been tricked.

   " This staff will destroy both Unicron's and Primus's sparks! Showing them, why they shouldn't of helped in my exile!" He said.

  " But that will destroy both Earth and Cybertron!" I argued, me and the others getting into battle positions.

  " Precisely," Megatronus said, almost laughing as he gained Earth's/Unicron's spark.

  The other side of the staff shot out, calling to Cybertron's spark/Primus's spark. " YOU LIED TO US!" I yelled, me and my pack running at him.

  I managed to get one solid punch on him before he used his powers over gravity to send us flying into the lake. I hate water...Why water?!

  This will NOT be coming out of my fur easily.

Strongarm's Profile:

  We watched as the cons flew into the lake, thankfully not next to the Lieutenant. A car I knew very well they drove up to us. Sideswipe, he had his Decepticon Hunter drawn and it briefly touched mine.

  A blue aroma flew around us, " What was that?" I asked.

  " I felt like I could take on the universe!" He said to me.

  All of us then charged towards Megatronus, I almost didn't see the Decepticon symbol on Sideswipe's chest.

   He betrayed us....

Bumblebee's Profile:

  I stood over my sire, " Optimus! I don't know how to fix you!" I said, tears almost in my optics.

  He couldn't die..A tear fell and hit Optimus's chest, landing on top of the Matrix. It glowed blue and fixed Optimus. I watched as Optimus's optics opened. He gave a groan but soon focused on me.

  " Optimus! Are you-" Worry filled me.

  " Fully functional." I then felt him send comfort to me through our bond that had stayed silent for so long, " Bumblebee."

  We then turned and saw my team, plus Starscream, fighting Megatronus. " A spark fuser!" Sire said looking horrified.

  I didn't know what that was but I could tell it was bad, " And Megatronus has already secured Earth's spark!" I noted how Sire didn't say Unicron.

  " Bumblebee. You and I must stop him." I looked up at my sire and then smiled, turning to the fight.

  " I'm ready." I said, getting into battle position.

  We charged at Megatronus who turned to attack us, blasting a purple energy at Sire, " Surrender, Optimus Prime. You will not beat me when Cybertron's Spark reaches your precious Earth." Megatronus taunted.

  All of us ran at him while he was distracted with Optimus. All of us landing our hits but not causing much damage since he easily tossed us aside. All of us turned to each other.

  " This fight is above our power grade sir." Strongarm said.

  " We need you Bee." Sideswipe then added.

  " What did you have in mind?" I asked, the two walked over to each other and had their Decepticon Hunters touch.

  " Woah.." I said, seeing the blue aroma consume them, powering them.

  " Maybe we need more power, to make whatever it wants to happen, happen." Strongarm suggested.

  I raised my weapon with theirs. Blue aroma started to happen but faltered. All of us stared.

  " Scrap! I want to trade mine for the one Optimus has!" Sideswipe said, I noticed his Decepticon symbol but didn't say anything.

  " Sideswipe that's it!" I said, thinking hard, I changed my weapon to Optimus's. " Remember? Just imagine the weapon you want your Decepticon Hunter to become!"

  The two then did the same. We all connected them creating a powerful beam and blue aroma. It engulfed us, upgrading our armor and powering us.

  " Fixit to Bumblebee!" Fixit said over our comms, " I'm reading a tremendous energy surge from your weapons!"

  " Fixit! You built two additional Decepticon Hunters based on the design of the first one we found." I said through the comms, " Why didn't you tell us what would happen when we combined them?!"

  " Combine them..? Hm, I never considered that." Fixit said.

  " Link up and fire at Megatronus!" I said to Strongarm and Sideswipe.

  All of us did so and hit Megatronus hard. " It's going to take more than a quick blast or two to stop him." Wingblade said.

  " We need to pin Megatronus down, then hit him with what we got." I said.

(Spark Bond Realm)

B- Sire! You have to move Megatronus in front of the statue!

OP- Why would that-

B- Trust me! Please.

Op- Alright little one, but stay out of harm's way. I can't lose you.

B- Got it Sire.

(Spark Bond Realm End)

  The clouds then began to darken as another spark flew to Megatronus's staff. " No!" I heard my sire say.

  He then threw his weapon, cutting the bottom half of the sword. Sending Primus's spark back to Cybertron and Unicron's back into the Earth. The darkness disappeared too. I swore I saw the sparks jump when they came close.

  " NO!" Megatronus screamed.

  Optimus's weapon returned to him. Megatronus shook with rage then fired like a mad man at us. Someone was angry. No, SOMEONE WAS IRATE AS CRAZY!

  " Stick to the plan! We still need to bring Megatronus down!" I yelled to my team over the noise.

   Wingblade then transformed into alt mode, allowing Drift to jump on her. " Don't get too comfortable with your new dance partner Wingblade!" Sideswipe called out to her.

  " Don't worry Slick, you can have the next 20 dances!" She said back to him.

  " I do not understand." Drift said trying to balance, " The plan does not call for any danCING!"

  " Do your thing Sideswipe." I said to him as he smiled like an idiot at Wingblade as she flew up.

  Sideswipe jumped up the statue, climbing at quick pace. He started hacking the statue while Drift and his minicons landed beside him. Grimlock then joined the fight to assist Sire. Wingblade then began to pull the statue down, as we distracted Megatronus.

  We then hit him with our powers. Optimus joining us when Megatronus was distracted. The statue then broke, landing right on top of Megatronus. He then threw the statue off of him.

  " I've been waiting years in exile! Burned with desire for vengeance! And I will not..be denied!" Weird, for a minute it seemed like he was resisting something, but I didn't take much notice of it.

  A fatal mistake in the future. 

  However, me and my two teammates joined our powers and shot it at Megatronus. He then was on the ground. Heavily weakened, Star then opened up a portal under him. Sending him back to exile.

  " Good job team." I said to my teammates, and I grinned up to my Sire.

  " BUMBLEBEE!" Russel and his dad ran up to us, " Emergency crews are coming!"

  " You heard them team, Let's Rev up and Roll Out!" Silence, it was another bad one...

  " Now there's a battle cry!" Sideswipe said happy.

  " I feel so inspired!" Grimlock added.

  Finally, a good one. " That's the one sir!" Strongarm continued as we ran off.

  We soon were all back at the Scrap Yard. Exchanging stories of what went down, except for Sideswipe. He was pretty quiet, but it seemed like he had something important to say.

  " So," Russel then said to Optimus and the rest of us, " now that the threat is over. You'll be heading back to Cybertron?"

  " As long as cons like Steeljaw remain at large, I wouldn't feel right leaving Earth." I said to the young human. " But that doesn't mean of you should-"

  Strongarm cut me off, " Permission to stay, sir! Our work beats any training at the academy."

  " I would like to hang around too, I'm still a criminal back home." Grimlock added.

  " My place is with the Alchemor and she is in no condition to sail." Fixit continued.

  " I wish to continue our education beside you Bumblebee." Drift added.

  I smiled at all of them, then turned to Sideswipe. He kicked the ground uncomfortably. Starscream smiled at him.

  " Well....someone has to keep Strongarm in line." Sideswipe finally said.

   " And someone has to keep Slick in line." Wingblade added to him.

  " Ha! I'd be trapped in paper work! I'm staying thank you very much!" Starscream said, making us all laugh.

  " What about you Optimus?" I looked up at my sire.

  Please say yes. Please say yes. Please say yes!

  " Things are in capable hands here." Optimus said, " I do not believe I am needed anymore."

  " WHAT!" I cried out, don't leave me...

  " It was your team's strategy that won the day Bumblebee." He said, smiling down at me. " You have become a great leader."

  " You're needed." I argued.

  " If I stay, it would no longer be as your leader. But as your equal." Optimus said, my spark lit up. YES!

  " I could work with that." I said to him.

  " What about that Decepticon symbol on you?" Grimlock finally asked Sideswipe.

  " I'll explain.." Sideswipe said, a bit nervous, " I woke up untied in this room with Steeljaw and his pack. Fracture wasn't there though. They,..changed my symbol saying I needed to embrace my heritage.. My parents are both ex-cons but my Sire got put on the Alchemor for speeding..."

  " He was put on there for speeding?!" Strongarm exclaimed shocked.

  " Yeah...the cop there didn't listen to him. He was only speeding since he wanted to get home before any gangs got out. It was close to midnight. But,..the officer didn't listen when he found out he was an ex-con." Sideswipe continued, getting a bit shaky, " My Carrier tried to argue at the court that he did nothing wrong...I was too scared to say anything. The Judge..and Jury..declared him guilty without seeing the evidence! All when they learned he was an ex-con!"

  Sideswipe was full on crying at this point. Starscream walked over to him and hugged him, rubbing his back. That was injustice. How many other cons were put on the Alchemor for no reason?

  " Your sire was Breakdown wasn't he?" Starscream said softly to him.

  " Y-yeah. How did you know?" Sideswipe asked, calming down a little bit.

  " I heard of the trial. The Judge was arrested and the Jury was shunned thanks to an investigation to that court." Sideswipe looked a little better, " Oh, and the Alchemor. It's faulty wiring accidently deleted a con. No one knew who it was, but it didn't seem to matter that much overall."

  " Huh?" Fixit said, I realized what Starscream meant.

  " He means we could delete Breakdown from the prison list and no one would know!" I said, Sideswipe looked at Fixit.

  " C-could we do that? The cons told me that being a Decepticon was the only way I could get him out of there...and I believed them." Sideswipe said a bit upset still.

  " Hm. Considering how Breakdown never did a true crime, I'm sure a little accident could happen." Fixit said chuckling.

  He then pulled up Breakdown's file and deleted it. Sideswipe looked so happy. We still needed to find Breakdown, but things were going to be okay now.

???'s Profile:

  Oh those sweet little Autobots~ They have no idea WHAT they're getting into. Defeating Megatronus was just a taste of my power. My puppet needs some rest; then he'll be staying here with me. Oh Primus, Unicron, and those Autobots won't see what hit them!

Stay Cool guys and Peace Out! -JanjaFan 😎✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.4K 928 50
This book is a compilation of imagines and oneshots of various transformers characters. Please enjoy! ❤️DaughterofHalt❤️
6.1K 221 15
An alternate ending to Starscream after Predacons Rising. After Starscream supposedly died by the Predacons, he's given a second chance and travels b...
7K 221 13
A typical Transfan can imagine becoming a Cyber-Organic and crossing over to the universe where their favorite version of Transformers exist for the...
13.3K 241 61
Book #1 Hi. I've written this story for a while, but trying to put it together. This story about a femme robot who used to be a small Night fury that...