Calypso-Avatar The Last Air b...

By Slaininsanity

Story contains the Following ships: Aang X Oc (Asha) Katara X Zuko Sokka X Suki WARNING: Curse words and cann... More

Book 1: 1.Where it starts
1.2. Blue legends
1.3. Dragon Wings
1.4 The Fortune Teller (Scene 1)
1.5 The fortune Teller (Scene 2)
1.6 Bato (Scene 1)
1.7 Bato (Scene 2)
1.8 The deserter
1.9 Homeward North
1.10 H2O master
1.11 Siege the North (Scene 1)
1.12 Siege the North (Scene 2)
Book 2: 2.13 Avatar State (Yip Yip)
2.14 Secret Tunnel
2.15 O-Ma-Shu
2.16 Swamp bugs
2.17 Avatar day
2.18 Blind Bandit
2.19 Castaways
2.20 Tag, you're it
2.21 Travelling soldiers
2.22 Hooters and Foxy ladies
2.23 Natural stupidity
2.24 Serpent's pass.
2.25 Drill baby
2.26 Lockdown
2.28 Water Jet
2.29 King of Fools
2.30 Hey sisters
2.31 A fork in the road
Book 3: 3.32 Wake me up inside.
3.33 Manner less colony slob 1 and 2
3.34 Like one of your French girls
3.35 Sword DILF check-
3.36 Moon born
3.37 Scamming the scammer which isn't a scam
3.38 Blood curdling
3.39 The final countdown (*Off key kazoo*)
3.40 Black sun (Dun dun duuuuun)(Scene 1)
3.41 Eclipse? More like these di- (Scene 2)
3.42 Head West young air benders.
3.43 Sifu Hotman
3.44 Egg
3.45 Record breaker
3.46 Duck duck...
3.47 Flying bald ladies.
3.48 Hear the phoenix king roar
3.49 These old hoes
Sozin's Comet Part 3; Into the Inferno
Sozin's Comet Part 4; Avatar Aang and his Onsra
Epilogue

2.27 Connect with me

5.4K 179 63
By Slaininsanity

So, I'm just gonna combine 'The tales of Ba Sing Se' episode and 'Appa's lost days' episode. This chapter is more of a happy 'these are things I found on Tumblr and though Asha would say' scribbles. I feel like there's been a lot of aangst (see what I did there) in the past chapters and I need a little cheering up. So enjoy this super short, tumblr shitpost.  But before that, get ready for some epic shipping stuff.

~Slain insanity~

-XoXo-

Warning: Swears, Asha being a smart ass, and Raiko being a proud mama bird, unfortunately. 

___

"So all we need is a solitary environment, our friends and this incantation?" Aang looks to his Onsra in disbelief, the girl falling into a meditative pose as she nods. 

"And your sure you want to do this?" The boy falls into the same pose across from the girl, the scroll between the two.  

"Absolutely. Do you?" Asha looks to Aang, furrowing her brows. 

"Oh no, absolutely! It's just, after this is done, we'll be connected and there's no turning back."The boy breaks eye contact, looking to the ground.  With a frown, Asha's slim fingers pull Aang's chin to face her; forcing eye contact. 

"Aang, I'm over a hundred percent sure this is what I wanna do. I get it's scary now, that even after our worse fights we'll never be able to separate, but that's okay." She pauses, bringing Aang in for a hug, the boy wrapping his arms around her in a thankful gesture.  As they part, Asha gives Aang a bright smile. "Ready?"

He's silent, looking into Asha's bright blue eyes with adoration. "Let's do it!" Aang finally gives a smile, looking to the scroll as Asha calls in the others.  Raiko and Toph sit a few feet behind Asha as the two siblings sit behind Aang.   

Silence settles as the air benders read from the scroll before them, their voices becoming otherworldly as they further on. Toph has to hold Raiko back as Aang's and Asha's eyes start glowing a pristine white, imitating the Avatar State.  They're left like that even after they finished reading the incantation, the witness' watching over carefully.

___

Unlike last time, Asha awakes peacefully. Still, in the same position as she entered and not falling head first into a mud pit. As she sits up, she can't tell where she is, she only knows that it's not the same world. 

Looking around she's met with the Southern air temple she's all so familiar with, but unlike the barren, empty state that the Northern one was in, this one is lively. Children frolicking all about, cheering and laughing, baby sky bison flying around them.  Using Air bending to get to her feet, Asha ambles around the side streets, out of sight to the monks and children. 

"Asha!" The teen's head shoots up at the sound of her name. It sounds familiar but she can't quite place it.  Turning the corner, now at steady run, she stumbles trying to re-hide herself back the way she came.

There is a younger version of both Aang and Asha, hugging in excitement. Asha's- er- the younger Asha's hair is shorter, just past her shoulder blades and neither of them have their arrows yet.  It brings a smile to the elders face as she remember the day vividly. It was the day they got Appa and Gumi. 

"Aren't you excited, Ash?" The younger Aang squeals as the girl giggles. With an added spin, the two younger versions laugh in excitement as one of the sisters approaches them with a basket of apples.  

"There unfortunately isn't enough sky bison, is it okay if you two share?" Asha remembers her as Sister Ashuna, before she became the crooked, old lady that took Asha to the Northern Temple. 

"I'm always happy to share with Asha!" The young boy cheers, still holding onto the young girl as he looks up the monk.  The woman only smiles as she hands Aang an apple, the boy dragging Asha over to one of the sky bison pups. 

The older Asha smiles as she uses air bending to jump to a higher perch, watching as one of the pups (Appa, as he would soon be named) jumps the younger two. Looking closely, the older Asha picks up something the younger missed. It's just as Appa's tongue stops torturing the two, the younger Aang looks over to the younger Asha. A fierce blush on his face as he watches the girl giggle in contentment.  

'This must've been the day he realized he liked me.' The older Asha laughs to herself, continuing to watch the younger two interact.  She's quickly thrown into another one of, presumably Aang's memories (Since she doesn't remember Aang looking at her like that when they first met Appa), this time the landing not being nearly as nice. 

Looking up, she's faced with Aang (this one looking just like the modern one), but somethings different.  Taking a few cautious steps forward, Asha is shocked back as Aang opens his eyes, revealing them to be a glowing white as his arrows fire up. 

He charges towards Asha, the girl having little time to react.

___

Just like his counterpart, Aang awakes in the same meditative pose, only this time, he's at the Northern Air Temple.  He can tell it's from a while ago, as pipes and gauges litter every corner, yet the same anger doesn't bubble inside of him like when he first arrived. 

Getting to his feet, Aang realizes he's in the same corridor as the bedrooms, doors littering up and down the hallway; most either blank or holding a bright yellow plaque. All but one actually.  The last one on the left. He can't tell what is carved from where he currently stands, but from memory he knows it's an 'A', painted assortments of pastel yellows and purples; the owners first and third favorite colors.  Simple things like that Aang picked up easily, things like that Asha never said often. A lot of things most people don't know about Asha (since she never says things about herself) go unnoticed; he realized as a kid. So he took it upon himself to memorize the little things that slipped. 

Closing in on the door, Aang tiptoes as the light shines through the cracked open door; signalling someone was in there. 

"I never though a picture I drew when I was six, would make a girl cry. Especially my Onsra." It's his own voice he hears, causing him to peek into the door. 

There sitting on the floor, is another version of himself and Asha. The giggle that escapes from Asha brings a smile to both Aangs' faces.  The two mutter things to each other, things that the other Aang can't hear. He's forced to jump to the rafters as they pass, watching as Asha follows the other Aang out.  Furrowing his brows, Aang watches as Asha looks to the Aang in front of her with bright red cheeks and a dopey smile on her face before she collects herself. 

However just like Asha, he doesn't get to bask for long as he's thrown into another setting.  Aang landing gracefully on his feet as he faces yet another version of Asha in front of him. Her eyes are already narrowed at him; arrows and eyes glowing. 

"Ash?" Aang holds a careful hand out, only to yank it back and defend on incoming air wave; Asha letting out a war cry as she charges. 

___

Earth bending a wall in front of her, Asha flips out of the way as Aang crashes through, the boy turning to face her with a snarl.

"Aang! It's me!" Asha cries out as she dodges a boulder, continuing to flip away as a barrage of boulders flies toward her.   With a grunt, Asha fires a set of disk like air attacks towards Aang, aiming them so he stumbles over his feet.  It seems like he's in Avatar state though, so why he doesn't float is beyond her.

Like she predicted, he stumbles giving her the chance to pounce and tackle him. The two tumble, rolling along the ground. As they stop, Asha straddles Aang, holding him down by his shoulders as his glowing eyes stare up at Asha's blue ones. 

"It's me. Just me." She whispers hoping to get to him. It's in vain as he brings a foot up, kicking her further away. 

She skids along the ground, which she now realizes as a stone walkway, her hand clawing a three finger path as she slows.  A deep chuckle is heard as the Avatar version of Aang stands, dusting his clothing. 

With a hand motion, he makes a small cage appear; a light yellow orb whizzing in circles around it. 

"Ah, yes. Onsra Asha. Your here to unlock the Eighth Chakra, aren't you?" The being laughs, his voice rumbling in waves around the girl. 

"I thought there were only seven." Asha growls, facing the being, still crouched with her hand dragging on the ground. 

"With the normal population, there are. But with Avatars and Onsras? This right here, is your eighth, " He dangles the cage before her, "This is the one you need to unlock your connection. But to do that," He chuckles again. 

"You'll have to get through me." 

___

A whirlpool of dust surrounds the poor boy as he struggles to pinpoint Asha's location. She had efficiently made the whirlpool to conceal her being, the girl running literal circles around him; waiting for the right moment to pounce. 

"Asha! This isn't you, snap out of it!" Aang calls out again, wincing as a boulder nearly collides with him. Creating a shelter out of the stone below him, Aang crouches awaiting the sounds of the howling whirlpool to die down. He's shocked as they do die down, only for his shelter to be crushed by the girl before him; Asha glaring down on him. Bringing down her hands, Aang rolls out of the way as a boulder smashes into his previous position. 

With a shifting of his foot, Aang sends a wall of Earth towards Asha, the girl destroying it with a simple wave of her hand, smirking as Aang looks at her in shock. 

"Do you not know what kind of Avatar state your Onsra is?" The girl smirks further as Aang furrows a brow. "Attacks like that don't work."

"There's different types?" Aang looks ahead to the girl, who lets out a laugh at the question.

"You must not know anything about your Onsra. Yes, there are two different types. Think of one as a loud battalion and the other as a sneaky assassin." The girl creates a cloud of dust, appearing right behind Aang with a hand on his shoulder; alerting him. 

"You take the time to memorize her top three favorite colors, but not what it actually means to be your Onsra?" She snides again, Aang whipping around to face her. 

"I know what it means for her to be an Onsra!" He's quick to defend, despite the fact that he realizes he doesn't. He's been so focused on what being the Avatar is, he forgot about his Onsra. His Asha. 

"Really? Than tell me, what's this?" The girl, eyes and arrows still glowing, pulls a cage from her belt, this time a light purple orb trapped sadly in the cage. It doesn't whiz, nor move as the yellow one did, but instead sits still. 

"Real shame really. Asha forgets all about herself, and what she needs to learn in favor of helping you. I mean, she got wounded and instead of fixing it, she let it sit. It's a wonder it didn't get infected in actuality." The girl continues laughing, walking around Aang. The boy just stands still, thinking back to if he actually saw her get hurt, but nothing comes to mind. "She's destroying her eighth Chakra. Slowly but surely. If you somehow manage to unlock it, you do realize you'll have to help her rebuild it. It'll be a slow, painful process." 

The being looks bored as Aang looks to her with determination. "I don't care! She's my Onsra and if she needs me, then I'll be there for her. Now, hand it over!" Aang watches as the purple orb whizzes a bit, surprising the being. 

"Would you look at that. Big boy decided he loves his girl. Well, if you want it..." She trails off, smirk returning.  "Come and get it." 

___

Firing a set of boulders towards the being, Asha rolls on the ground to avoiding her own set of projectiles being thrown at her. The fight hadn't gone on for long, but it was already so draining to her.  

"You must not want the connection that badly." The being impersonating Aang chuckled. approaching the girl whose still on the ground. 

"It's not that hard Asha, your a smart girl. Come on. Think about it. If you want to connect with Aang, what are you going to need to get through?" He bends to her level, the girl glaring at the ground.  "Your think your fighting for Aang, but in actuality, who are you fighting for?" 

The quickly extinguishes her flame, causing her brows to unfurrow.  Was she really fighting for Aang? 

No. No, she wasn't. She was fighting so she could be connected. So she could be close to Aang. Yea, it was so she could connect with Aang, but in reality, maybe it was so he could connect with her. 

"Me. I'm fighting for myself!" Asha smiles as she stands, the being looking to her with pride on his features.  

"That. That's the attitude of an Onsra." The being smiles as the cage reappears with the orb still whizzing away. Setting down the cage, the being disappears as Asha approaches the cage slowly. 

Opening the door, Asha watches as the orb excitedly whirls around her before floating in front of her.  Slowly holding her hand out, Asha giggles as the orb lands on the hands, almost nuzzling into her. With a final breathe, Asha feels her muscles relax, watching as the orb disappears into her hands sending waves of yellow through her hands and arms, then the rest of her body.

"I love you, Aang." She whispers as a new feeling of relief washes over her. 

___

Aang lets out an angry war cry as he sends a wave of air towards yet another whirlpool, destroying it, revealing the air bender that tried hiding behind it. 

"Your learning, Avatar." The girl's giggle is let out yet again.

"Give me the cage!" Aang yells angrily, his face the actual opposite of the beings.

"So what? You can just take advantage of the poor girl?" The girls smirk falls as her brows furrow, the two expressions now matching.

"No! So I can show her how much she means! I know I haven't done my actual job as the Avatar, but this time, I'm changing it! She's my Onsra. She's my Asha!  She's the love of my life!" Aang cries out his eyes shutting tight as he yells. His eyes snap open as he realizes what he's said. 

"She's the love of my life..." He whispers. 

The being grabs the cage once more, looking to Aang as she hands it to him.  She as well disappears without another word. 

Aang warily opens the cage, taking out the orb slowly.  Holding it close to his chest, Aang watches as it struggles to take flight; ultimately falling back into his hands. 

"I'll fix you Asha. I...I love you." Aang can feel a tear fall down his face as he holds the light purple orb.  He watches in shock as the orb starts to flutter it's wings once again, this time the orb flies around him happily, a new found life in the orb. 

It lands back into Aang's hand shortly after. It disappears into Aang's hand, sending off a shock wave of purple through his body, a smile finding itself on Aang's face. 

___

"Do you think their okay?" Raiko leans over to Toph, watching as the air benders' brows furrow. 

"Aang said it would take a while." Katara says, her brother asleep behind them. It had been three hours and it was almost concearning how still the bender's had been during that entire duration.

Sokka shoots up with a gasp, rubbing his eyes with a fist. The rest ignore him, looking in shock as both air benders' eyes snap open, Asha jumping to her feet quickly while Aang stays seated. 

'Wow.'

Asha's head snaps up as she looks to Aang. 

"It worked! It worked! I can't believe it!" Asha cheers throwing herself onto Aang. 

"How can you tell?" Aang looks to her, the only thing visible is her auburn hair. 

'You tell me.' 

Aang smiles as Asha's voice invades his head, the connection now apparent. 

___

As all good things are, it turns out too much of one thing can be a bad thing. 

'Why can't I delete friends in real life?

Asha's voice invade Aang's head as he looks up from his spot on the railing. His Onsra and Raiko had gone out for some food and such, the rest staying back, and he almost regrets that choice. The others look at him as he sits up, brows furrowed as he jumps off the railing.

'I'm sorry?' 

'Asha?'

'Asha!' 

Aang tries reaching her only to be let down as she doesn't reply. The only response being the door to their temporary home being slammed open as the girl walks through, Raiko laughing behind her. 

"Turns out, what I was thinking of is called murder." Asha huffs, dropping the bag in her hands as Aang feels his heartrate return to normal.

___ 

"So, your a lawyer?" Asha tilts her head, looking to the older woman. Her graying blonde hair was tied up in a messy bun, a traditional Earth Kingdom outfit on as she bags her groceries next to the group.

"Yes?" She eyes Asha, the other five standing behind her with the same look.

"How do you argue without crying?" 

That simple question sent both Aang and Raiko rushing to pull back their out of control child.

"I'm so so-"

"It gets super close sometimes, I'll tell ya." The woman laughs as the boys attempt to apologize, the woman waving them off as Asha laughs at the bewildered boys. 

___

Of course, the day could not of been completed without Asha making everyone regret letting her and Aang sit together. 

It started with Aang sneezing, a normal human one (thank the lord), and ended with a bad flirting attempt. 

"Aren't you gonna say bless you?" His eyes look to her blank face.

 "I'm still here aren't I? You already clearly blessed thank you."She smirks as she finishes. 

"You two have a connection for a reason!" 

___

Not gonna lie, this chapter was kinda rushed, but at the same time, I love it. Enjoy the tumblr shitposts at the end. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 878 28
In a world where everyone has a soulmate, almost everyone spends most of their time looking for their special someone. Almost. With one person feelin...
18.6K 830 28
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
5.8K 162 16
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the Four Nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avata...
114K 3.1K 17
Lightbending. It's only the greatest element, and one girl seems to conquer it. She finds out about her past, and what she can do with that element...