The 19th Century Vampire (Wat...

Od Imcrazyyouknow

Independent journalists Stella Escott and Ully Harwell visit Freymount in hopes to create a viral blog. There... Více

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Read this!!!
It's Feedback Time!!!
Wattys 2020 Winner?!

Chapter 19

964 67 5
Od Imcrazyyouknow

What should I do now?

All along, Stella's kept thinking about how to trick people around her. She wouldn't let Ully find out that she's doing something behind his back. And the most important thing that the vampire shouldn't figure out what she has been doing. She's been dealing with a beautiful devil and she knew it was a risk, yet she kept being positive that it'll be worth it.

Just like nowadays, people tend to do bad things to get what they want. It's their way to cope with the loss of hopes in their lives.

Stella doesn't lose her hope but she took the hands of the devil to get what she wanted. She even waited outside of the souvenir shop if Elius would leave, but an hour after, he didn't. She left the premises and put in her mind that she'll be back to the shop and will get that Freymount History on her own hands. Before she could possess it, she still has a meeting to attend to.

Well, she's already late for a few minutes and Ully was kept messaging and calling her phone, yet she kept rejecting it. It wasn't that long when she reached the Chieftain Hall. She was greeted by Felina who immediately called out her attention. Agad nitong kinuha ang kanyang braso at pinagmamadali kung saan nagaganap ang lunch meeting. She hurriedly come with the motion. Napapaikot na lang ang kanyang mga mata dahil sa ginagawa nitong paghatak sa kanya.

"Bakit late ka, Stella?" Felina asked her, totally not in a good mood.

"May pinuntahan lang ako."

"Hindi mo alam kung gaano ka-importante ang oras ng chieftain at sinayang mo ang pagkakataon mo. Hindi ko alam kung magagawa mo pang magawa ang mga gusto mong gawin but I'm telling you, this is one time only and you've probably wasted it."

Napangisi naman si Stella sa sinabi niya. "Dear Felina, I'm not gonna waste it. See what I can do for a short period of time."

"Okay," Felina nodded. "Go on, enter the room quietly."

Tinulak ni Felina papasok si Stella sa loob ng kwarto kung saan nagaganap ang lunch meeting. When she pushed the door inside, she immediately saw the long table filled with different kinds of cuisines alongside were the guests. Ully sat on the left side while Keonne and Chloei on the right of his side. Chieftain Clements was sitting in the center and saw the incoming presence of Stella. When she walked closer with grace to the chieftain. She has too much confidence in herself na hindi niya pinakialam ang tingin ng ibang tao sa kanya. 

Chieftain Clements stood up and give Stella a formal handshake.

"I apologize, sir. It's not my intention to be late," she smiled and saw how irritated Chloei staring right at her. She showed how flawless she is. She was but her personality's too strong that it overshadowed.

Chieftain Clements laughed.  "That's fine. Please take your seat. I was really waiting for you."

"Good to know that, sir. Thank you," Stella's smiles shined like never before. When she looked at the door where was Felina, she smirked 'cause she just proved to her what she can do.

Tumungo si Stella sa left side ng table at tumabi kay Ully. When she got comfortable on her seat, umurong ng kaunti sa kanya si Ully at may ibinulong ito. "Where have you been? Why aren't you answering my calls and messages?"

She shrugged off. "Nowhere, Ully..."

"We'll talk later."

"Fine," she timidly answered.

Ully's jaw clenched as he couldn't understand her. Gustuhin man niyang magtanong pa sa kaibigan pero baka iba na ang isipin nito at hindi na lang niya ginawa. He knew she still has her personal life, and he doesn't mind if she's secretly dating someone. That would be fine for him. Walang kaso 'yon sa kanya. They were just friends and a team. Sadly.

When Stella looked across the table and found Keonne and Chloei on the other side. She smirked as she thought that they were desperate to be part of it. She couldn't help but think that their presence wasn't needed by the chieftain. Only her and Ully.

"So, Miss Escott, we were just talking about a few things regarding your stay in my town and by way of holding your profession into it," he started as someone came to Stella and fixes her plates. The staff also poured wine on the glass that she gladly accepted.

"What's with our stay and job, sir?"

"We are prohibited to do so," Chloei interjected, couldn't keep her mouth shut.

"I'm not talking to you," mataray na sagot ni Stella at inirapan si Chloei.

Natawa na lang din naman si Chieftain Clements, but Ully and Keonne were embarrassed as they were fighting again and the worst, in front of the chieftain. Ully nudged her to put her attention back to him and forget her existence.

She knew how this would end. A war.

"I don't wanna mislead this meeting to anything, guys," Chieftain Clements said raising his hands to both side which signifies calming the two sides. Kumalma naman si Stella at pipiliing manahimik sa pagpapatuloy ng meeting. Hindi ang mga bampira ang nagging dahilan ng pagka-stress niya kung hindi ang dalawang reporters na ito. "I'm going to propose and I have conditions in exchange that you can keep doing your profession while in my town."

"But sir, why are we prohibited to do it in the first place?"

"I'm sorry, but it has to be for the safety of my town," he told. Napakunot-noo na lamang si Stella. Hindi naman niya maintindihan kung para saan pa ang magiging kondisyon nito. "Hindi naman mabigat ang kondisyong ibibigay ko. Pinagbabawal ko lamang kayong magpahayag ng mga maling balita na ikasisira ng aking bayan. You can create a story about my town and it's people but not to extend of delivering fake news."

"And what can we only get from this town?"

"Here, Stels." Inabot ni Ully sa kanya ang isang lengthwise paper at doon nakalista ang lahat ng mga ipinagbabawal at maaari nilang ipahayag. She scanned through the lists at binalik niya ang tingin sa lider. "I think that's good 'no, Stels? They won't ban us anyway."

She sighed. "I don't know. I think there's something on this list."

"I'm sorry?" Chieftain Clements questioned. "First of all, I lead this town and I'm doing my best to keep this town safe and secured. Our economy is getting better every year at kung sa mga gusto niyong gawin ay nakasalalay ang aking bayan. Hindi ko maaaring pagbigyan ang mga gusto niyo. I've asked you to leave my town, but then I came up with a better solution. It's either you follow it or leave my town."

"E di nawalan ng kalayaan ang mga mamahayag dahil sa ginagawa mo? You're trying to shut our voices by doing this. Where's the freedom?"

"Because there's no such thing about vampires, witches, werewolves, and other creatures living in this town. Kung saan mo man nakita at nabasa 'yang balitang 'yan, that's the fake news. I'm just asking this because I've worked so hard to maintain the reputation of my town so I hope you all understand it."

"But I still do believe they exist."

"That's it, our lunch meeting is over. Thank you, Miss Escott. Thank you everyone for joining me today."

"Wait lang, sir! We didn't even get the chance na makapagtanong sa 'yo," usual ni Chloei.

"I'm sorry, but everyone should leave now," he ordered. "Felina," pagtawag nito sa kanyang sekretarya at dali dali naman nitong dinaluhan ang lider. "Please help them find their way out. And everyone should understand what we've talked about. It's my job to keep this town safe so if you mess with me again, that's where you will see my wrath."

"Okay, guys! Follow me!" anunsyo ni Felina. She waved her hand to us so we could follow her.

Dinala silang lahat ni Felina palabas ng pinto. Hindi mapakali sa pag-iisip si Stella at sa puntong iyon, lahat ng pina-plano niya ay unti-unti nang bumabagsak pero hindi niya hahayaan na hanggang doon na lang ang lahat. Even their rival reporters was so eager to find out the truth.

Ikinagulat naman ng lahat nang biglang bumalik sa loob si Stella. Pinilit naman siyang habulin ni Felina at hinawakan sa braso nito dahil maling-mali ang kanyang ginagawa.

"Chieftain Clements," pagtawag nito sa kanyang pansin. "What are you hiding? Bakit parang takot na takot kang may malaman kaming mga sikreto na mukhang ikaw lang ang nakakaalam? Natatakbot ka bang bumagsak ang ekonomiya ng bayan mo?"

"Take her out, Felina," utos ng lider at hindi pagpansin sa tanong ni Stella.

Napangisi naman si Stella. "You just proved one thing to us, but secrets never lasts. People like us are scavengers of truth so wait for us to find out what you've been hiding all along."

Napailing na lamang ang lider sa aksyon ni Stella. Masyado itong determinado. Pinilit namang inihigit ni Felina palabas si Stella ng kwarto at isang malalim na singhal ang kanyang pinakawalan matapos masara ang pinto kung nasaan ang kanyang lider.

"Pinatunayan niyo lang sa akin na handa kayong sumuway sa utos ng ating lider kaya ngayon pa lang ay hinding-hindi na kayo makakatapak pang muli sa loob ng Chieftain Hall ngayon din. Ang ginawa niyo'y isang paglabag kaya nararapat lamang ang parusang ito para sa inyo. Ang mahuling lumalapit kay Chieftain Clements ay ipakukulong at masisentyahan ng pagkakakulong habangbuhay. Kaya maaari na kayong umalis at 'wag nang bumalik pa."

They were all escorted out by security personnel. 

"This is your fault!" Panunuro ni Chloei kay Stella. "Hindi naman tayo papaalisin ng chieftain kung hindi ka nagmamagaling. Ni hindi mo pa nga nagagalaw iyong pagkain mo, kumuda ka na kaagad. It's your attitude talaga ano? Ang galing mong sumira ng araw. I wouldn't ask for help from you again. Remember this, bitch." Parang dragon kung kumuda si Chloei. Kulang na lamang ay umusok ang ilong nito sa galit. "Keonne, alis na tayo!" she exclaimed, turning away from them. Keonne then follower her instantly.

"What's with you, Stels?" Ully wondered. Mabilis na lumingon sa kanya si Stella at napakunot ang noo. "I know there's something going on in you now, but I didn't bother to ask 'cause I don't want to get to your personal life or whatever that was. But to talk like that to Chieftain Clements wasn't good, Stels. Good thing he still didn't ban us. We're lucky for that, but maybe you should think first before you say and act anything. You simply ruined everything." A trail of disappointment came out of his voice. He then walked away and didn't look back to Stella.

"Ully!" she called him and he's still not turning to see her. "Ulric Harwell! Don't leave me here alone!"

She took a deep breath and watched him get in his car and drove away. Her fist hardened and was scorned by her situation. Kung kaya niya lang ayusin iyong nangyari kanina, she would make it better. Pero nangyari na at ang kailangan niya lang gawin ay panindigan ang mga dapat niyang gawin.

She won't stop. The list of conditions wouldn't stop her.

Stop spreading fake news. No reports of Freymount creatures. No irrelevant stories. No negative things directly bombarding Freymount's brand. Spread good things and attract tourists.

Stella tried to call Ully's phone, but she knew he will ignore it. Hindi rin naman niya naisip na umuwi na lang sa motel room nila dahil ayaw niyang makulong doon. Naalala niya rin ang sinabi sa kanya ni Elius kanina sa pagkikita nilang dalawa ni Edmond. She has no idea what it is for but she already thought it was her time to do something.

She withdrew the poison from her handbag and examined it. It's beautiful yet dangerous. Hindi niya alam kung anong nilalaman no'n pero hindi siya magdadalawang isip para gamitin iyon kay Edmond. It's her chance to hear things from him. And maybe, he would spill out things regarding about the Freymount History book. She was still looking and hoping for it. Like she stated a rule, never give up.

She stayed at a local coffee shop until the sky went dark and showered with millions of stars and a half-crescent moon.

With a paper bag containing sweets and a coffee she bought from the coffee shop, she hold it along heading to the forest where she'll meet him. Pagkapasok pa lamang niya ng kagubatan na malapit sa Chieftain Hall ay nabalot na ng kaba si Stella. Tumayo kaagad ang mga balahibo nito sa braso. She was trying to be brave alongside to her fear of darkness.

Looking above the dancing leaves of the tress that made by the winds gave her creepy chills all over her body. But she didn't mind 'cause she knew someone will help her. And in just a quick moment, someone took her from her position into somewhere—Stella just found herself inside Edmond's treehouse.

"Wow! You didn't even inform me."

Napangisi naman si Edmond. "You'll get used to it."

"Siguro nga." She made a little laugh. "And hey, I brought you some coffee and sweets. I hope you like it. And Elius told me we're gonna talk? About saan naman?"

Kinuha naman ni Edmon ang paper bad. "Thanks for this. Yeah, we'll talk about something."

Stella's face filled with so much curiosity. She's trying to calm herself down. Nang sinimulan namang inumin ni Edmond ang kape na dinala niya, namuo naman ang kakaibang ngiti sa labi niya.

You can't keep a secret to me this time, Ed.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

398K 13.7K 53
(FORMERLY: The Perfect Prince and the Wild Princess) She used to be the sweet little princess. He used to be the snobbish and proud prince. Pero umii...
12.3K 588 47
The girl who was a creation out of intelligence, of madness, and discovery. The boy who was tasked to guard her secretly. An innocent child. The moth...
8.7M 321K 57
12:00 A.M. Every breath you take Every move you make Every bond you break Every step you take "I'll be watching y...
3.5K 86 65
Book 2 of Hey, My love When Rein already let go his feelings towards Uno, is she ready to love again? Is she ready to open his heart to someone again...