Calypso-Avatar The Last Air b...

By Slaininsanity

Story contains the Following ships: Aang X Oc (Asha) Katara X Zuko Sokka X Suki WARNING: Curse words and cann... More

1.2. Blue legends
1.3. Dragon Wings
1.4 The Fortune Teller (Scene 1)
1.5 The fortune Teller (Scene 2)
1.6 Bato (Scene 1)
1.7 Bato (Scene 2)
1.8 The deserter
1.9 Homeward North
1.10 H2O master
1.11 Siege the North (Scene 1)
1.12 Siege the North (Scene 2)
Book 2: 2.13 Avatar State (Yip Yip)
2.14 Secret Tunnel
2.15 O-Ma-Shu
2.16 Swamp bugs
2.17 Avatar day
2.18 Blind Bandit
2.19 Castaways
2.20 Tag, you're it
2.21 Travelling soldiers
2.22 Hooters and Foxy ladies
2.23 Natural stupidity
2.24 Serpent's pass.
2.25 Drill baby
2.26 Lockdown
2.27 Connect with me
2.28 Water Jet
2.29 King of Fools
2.30 Hey sisters
2.31 A fork in the road
Book 3: 3.32 Wake me up inside.
3.33 Manner less colony slob 1 and 2
3.34 Like one of your French girls
3.35 Sword DILF check-
3.36 Moon born
3.37 Scamming the scammer which isn't a scam
3.38 Blood curdling
3.39 The final countdown (*Off key kazoo*)
3.40 Black sun (Dun dun duuuuun)(Scene 1)
3.41 Eclipse? More like these di- (Scene 2)
3.42 Head West young air benders.
3.43 Sifu Hotman
3.44 Egg
3.45 Record breaker
3.46 Duck duck...
3.47 Flying bald ladies.
3.48 Hear the phoenix king roar
3.49 These old hoes
Sozin's Comet Part 3; Into the Inferno
Sozin's Comet Part 4; Avatar Aang and his Onsra
Epilogue

Book 1: 1.Where it starts

25.7K 475 171
By Slaininsanity

-Hello everyone! It's me, Nikki, and I'm finally, finally editing this fossil! I know, it's been a long time coming, and I'm super excited to show you all how far I've come! I mean, I started this book in Junior High and I'm now a Senior graduating in two weeks!  Anyway, here are some notes before we start all over again! 

1) Our main characters, Aang and Asha are going to be aged up a little, along with everyone else. Re-reading this, I realized how silly it was that they were twelve and acting how they were, so please excuse any discrepancies while I go through editing.  (Ages:  Aang, Asha and Toph; 16, Katara and Raiko; 17, Zuko and Sokka; 18)

2) I only know what was shown in the show, therefore I'm sorry but I have no knowledge of any comics/continuations of the show. So please forgive me! 

3) There will be some unexplainable circumstances/ occurrences, I beg for you to turn a blind eye! For old/returning readers, I'm pretty much referencing Aki.

Anyway, without further ado, I present Calypso, new and improved. 

Oh! I also present absolutely phenomenal fanart of Asha, presented by ScribbleBee, which is exactly what I imagined her to look like! Thank you so much!

___

Gripping at the veil around her head, the ravenette frantically scanned her surroundings as she ran, knowing the punishment for being out so late was drastic and unforgiving. Imprisonment for treason, death for fornicating with the enemy.  And in reality, was it worth it? 

Yes, a thousand times yes in her young mind. The man, not much older than herself really, was always worth it. His attitude and calming presence always familiar and warm to her. More comforting than anything the fire nation offered her. Despite it's name, the harsh and cold environment of the fire nation was horrid and cruel; and if for only a moment, Lin could give herself a safe haven, she would selfishly take it. 

She nearly yelped when an unknown hand grabbed her by her waist, pulling her into a firm and steady chest. Her muscles instinctively relaxed as the familiar smell of the Monk's homemade soap warped around her. His gorgeous blue eyes seemed to gaze into her soul as he waited for her to calm herself, soft and patient. 

"If I didn't know any better I would say you're excited to see me." He chuckled, voice deep and soothing as he rubbed up her spine.  She laughed, gently caressing his cheek with both hands as her forehead rested against his clavicle. 

"How's the younger one?" Senge whispered, moving one hand to rub against the smallest of bumps that protruded from the petite woman's form. "The sisters from the Northern temple have agreed to help if we so wish." 

Lin swallowed tightly, licking her lips. "If...If the little one is an air bender, Fire Lord Azulon will kill it. Avatar Roku and Onsra Tanna-- I'm not sure even they can stop him." Tears threatened to drip down her cheeks before she wiped them quickly. 

The air bender took this as his cue to cut in, "I have little less than a decade before I am to wed Aki. We can still give them a good life. I will leave this choice to you, my love, I will always have your back. "

With a deep breath, the ravenette slowly began nodding her head. "For them. Keep them safe for me, please Senge. For me, never let them loose hope."

"Never my love."

___

The clunk the wooden block made as it ricocheted off of the small boy's head wasn't something new. It was almost common occurrence with the even smaller girl's visits, the two getting along well enough for an injury to become expectant.

At least on the monk boy's part. 

He scratched at his head, rubbing the small bump that formed from the point of impact, turning to look around the yard he was currently situated in. Another block was thrown at him, this time from the opposite side; the boy wasting no time before turning and sprinting to the direction the block came from, a small girl scrambling to get to her feet. He didn't let her, tackling her onto the ground. The duo tumbled and turned before he was on top, fingers darting to her sides just under her ribs-- mercilessly unleashing unspeakable torture upon the small girl.

Aang, the boy, took great joy in watching the small girl squirm and struggle. 

"A-A-Aang! Sto-Stop it! I'm gonna pee!" She wheezed, kicking her feet as she tried prying his fingers from her side. 

"Not until you say 'Aang is the greatest air bender to ever live'!" A wave of Deja Vu washed over the young boy before he brushed it off. 

Wiggling, the girl shook her head, body constricting with every labored breath. Her head fell back, hair spread around as her eyes scrunched shut. 

Swallowing what little pride she had, the brunette gasped before shouting. "Aang is the best air bender!"

Satisfied with his work, Aang hummed, crawling off his play mate before helping her stand. She wiped a few tears, the remaining giggles bubbling out of her slowly as she did so. Her mouth opened for a split second before one of the Monks called over to them. 

"Asha! The sisters are here for you!"

The brunette, Asha, snapped forward before looking to Aang. "Sorry, you know they hate it if I make them wait."

"No worries, I'll see you soon anyway, Ash." Aang smiled, wrapping an arm around Asha's shoulders, nuzzling his cheek against hers before letting her run off, waving as she did, ignoring the ache in his chest as he did so. 

___

"How is this fair in any way? She's my best friend, my being the Avatar shouldn't-- and wouldn't-- change anything about that." The teen sneered, voice laced with venom as he glowered down at the elders. The said nothing, only the one in the center brave enough to return Aang's glare. He was at the age where he started his Avatar training, and the monk's were convinced that Asha was nothing but a distraction to him. 

"She must study at the Northern air temples, Aang," The middle one spoke calmly, soon narrowing his eyes. "She will become a fine young woman in the mean time, preforming her duty to the Air nomads. You will train to become the Avatar and find your Onsra. You're friendship was doomed from the start any way. Your destinies were never meant to intertwine. Sister Ashuna will take good care of her-" 

"I don't want Sister Ashuna to take care of her, I can do so just fine if you let me." Aang shouted, stomping his foot. He tried reigning in his anger, but with the lack of reply it seemed fruitless. She was the only one who he grew to care for more than the other monks. A part of him would argue he cared for her more than a friend

He stomped off before that part of him could jump to the surface, unleashing the anger deep within him.

___

It wasn't easy, getting the letters past the elders, but with help from Monk Gyatso and another sister (Aang couldn't remember her name for the life of him), him and Asha made a plan. A plan to travel around the world together, as a duo, helping Aang learn every element along the way as she herself would master air bending. She had once brought up finding his Onsra, but he swerved around the topic. 

The same part of him from earlier refusing to entertain any idea of anyone other than Asha, his Asha by his side. 

Both were packed and ready to go the night of the full moon, saddling up their respective animals of flight. They were bound and determined to see each other, whether they had approval or not. 

Even with the dreading sense of turmoil in their gut, they pushed on, refusing to give up hope. Refusing to give up on their other half, even if it seemed the universe was destined to keep them apart. 

Aang and his bison, Appa, fought against heavy rain, thundering lightening and giant waves, the boy trying to maneuver his bison best he could. 

Asha and her dragon, an obsidian and sapphire beauty name Gumi, dove and weaved between fiery boulders and belts of red hot fire. She couldn't explain why the fire nation was attacking, nor did she like it, but she had no choice but to defend herself and her dragon best she could. It was unfortunate, in the end, both were overpowered. 

Knocked into the freezing waters below, both gasping for breath moments before plunging into the icy waters. And, like it was magic, the two rammed their fists together, eyes glowing a fiery blue. The arrow on Aang's head, along with the two on Asha's neck, followed suit, both creating a shelter of ice and solitude, locking them away from the outside world. Neither knowing what truly happened, nor what occurred with the other half. 

And maybe that was what was scariest. The unknown variable keeping them from the other. Keeping them far away from their true fate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 211 14
Long ago, the four Nations lived together in harmony. Then the Fire Nation attacked. The world was about to change forever and for the airbenders, th...
109K 2.5K 22
COMPLETED! 'Aya's my angel and I'm never letting her go.' After seeing Azula strike Aang with her lightening, Aya's entire world fell into a black h...
388 12 7
Over 100 years ago, the Avatar vanished when the world needed him most. No one knew where their savior had gone and soon abandoned hope as the powerf...
88.3K 2.2K 26
The war ended 6 years ago. It's been two years since Zuko and Katara have seen each other. The Gaang tries to see each other as much as possible, but...