Friends with the Enemy

By Another_chapter

(Completed) After his parents' tragic death, eight-year-old Dick Grayson was unfairly sent to a juvenile dete... More

1) Bullies + Broccoli = a Bad Day
2) Escape
3) The Iceberg Lounge
4) A Deal?
5) Cats
6) Break in
7) Stiches and suspicions
8) On the News
9) Call Me Selina
10) To the Rescue
11) Answer
12) Revenge
13) Goodbye?
14) Coloring and Sharing
15) New Home
16) Adjusting
17) Pinky Promise
18) Screaming at the Café
20) Cat-and-Mouse
21) Arcade
22) First Day of School
23) Tears
24) Internal Struggles
25) Odd Squad Pt.1
26) Odd Squad Pt.2
27) Some Advice from Bird to Bird
28) Busted
29) Superman!
30) Wandering
31) Memories
32) Lured
33) A New Approach
34) Training
35) Ur Mom
36) Birthday Party
37) Trust
38) Behind the Mysterious Clock
39) Finding Out the Truth
40) The Note
41) Not Who He Seems
42) Investigating
43) The Laughter Pt.1
44) The Laughter Pt.2
45) Subliminal Warnings
♡ 20k Special Pt.1 ♡
♡ 20k Special Pt.2 ♡
46) The Monster Behind the Man
47) Gang Trouble
48) The Hidden Riddles
49) Painful Decisions
50) Spying Around
51) Futile Struggle
52) Rescue Mission
Epilogue

19) Secret Identity

3.2K 145 71
By Another_chapter

The only sounds that could be heard as they made their way down was their footsteps and a few water droplets.

After a while, though, they could hear the echos of people chattering. The closer they got to the end of the stairs, the louder and brighter it got.

Dick widened his eyes. There were large crowds scattered around the underground market. Some people were observing the station that matched their interest, while others were in line to pay.

It was almost like a normal store, except it was underground... and illegal. Not to mention, some of the items made Dick want to vomit.

He tried to hold in his disgust and glanced at Selina who managed to keep a straight face. She held onto Dick's hand. "Stay close." She muttered through the loud noise

She lead the way as she walked towards the animal section. Both dead and alive.

Dick didn't understand much about the concept of a black market, but he did know that it wasn't an actual market. It was sorta like a network of connections, right?

Selina turned her head and looked around. She cursed under her breath. "They must have moved."

An owner of this section must have seen her looking around, so he enthusiastically ran up to her. But when Dick observed him, he realized that expression was fake and that he was probably just worried that they would steal something. This was reasonable considering they were both wearing their suits and masks. Strangely enough, though, they weren't the only crazy looking people here.

"Hello, are you lost? Anything you're interested in particular?"

Selina took advantage of the opportunity. "Uh, yeah. You know where I can find some big animals? Like, not elephant big, more like lion big." She cleared her throat. "Alive."

The man's smile faltered. He glanced for a split second to the side, at a room. "Oh. I know a corner that has those, but they're not here right now." He explained.

"Well, that sucks." She sighed. "Whatever, I'll just find something else. I don't need any help. I'll just look around."

The man seemed satisfied with that and gladly left. Before doing so, he gazed strangely at Dick.

What the heck? He Dick thought. Why does he look so suspicious?

He shook the feeling away and looked at Selina. "Now what are we going to do?"

Selina looked in the direction that the man had glanced at. "I'm guessing that's the room. We can't bring too much attention to ourselves, so that means we don't blatantly find a way in." She informed.

Normally, this would sound challenging to Dick, but he was with Selina. Easy peasy.

"I forgot to mention," she added, "you'll be the one leading."

"What?!" Dick exclaimed.

"Yeah. I mean, this is an opportunity to learn some things. Calm down, I'll be with you the whole time, remember?" Selina reassured.

Dick nodded his head.

"Before we do anything, tell me, what should your code name be?"

Dick gave her a puzzled look. "My what?"

Selina smirked. "You know, an alias or identity. I can't go around calling you Dick when you're undercover, can I?"

Dick shook his head. Hmm... a secret identity. So cool! What should I name myself...?

He wanted something that suited him. He thought back to his mother and Maya.

"Robin." Dick stated with a smile. "I want to be called Robin."

Selina curiously raised an eyebrow. "Huh, that was unexpected. But it's cute, I like it. Robin."

Dick shyly smiled. "Now, what should we do first?" Selina asked.

Dick felt nerved but excited to be the leader. He couldn't disappoint Selina. He noticed a key hole on the door and a few people talking to each other in a group around the area near the door. A lightbulb lit up above his head. He broke into a wide grin.

"Okay, I got an idea. We... somehow.. convince those people over there, since they seem important, that we're janitors or something and, um, then they give us the key to.. get in and clean up. Uh, when I say it out loud.. it sounds kinda lame.."

Selina chuckled. "It's fine. I don't know if it'll work, but you're the boss." She gestured to the group of men and women in suits talking. "You first, I insist."

Dick jokingly glared at her. He exhaled nervously and made his way to those people with Selina right behind him.

"Um, hello? Do you work here?" Dick interrupted. The people stopped talking and turned to him.

A female with short blonde hair raised an eyebrow. "'Work' is a subjective choice of words in this part of town. You do realize where you are, correct?"

Dick blinked. "Umm.. me and my friend here got hired by someone to clean a room up. Apparently, it smells like a zoo in there." He said, ignoring what the lady had asked.

A man with grey eyes snorted. "I don't doubt that."

Selina spoke up. "Yep. And as you can probably tell, this is our first time here. We just want our check. Do you know how we can get in here?"

A guy with red hair squinted his eyes. "If you guys are the janitors, then why don't y'all have uniforms?" He questioned as he inspected their very suspicious looking outfits.

Dick widened his eyes. "We have uniforms!?"

The red head raised his arms defensively. "I was just guessin'." He glanced at Selina. "Hey, haven't I seen ya somewhere?"

She lazily shrugged.

The blonde face palmed. "Listen, we're just trying to do business. No offense, but we don't need you two to bother us. If you could come and clean up another time, it would be appreciated."

Selina confidently crossed her arms. "I'm afraid we can't, Miss. We have a time limit for when we are to have this place sparkling clean." She knocked on the door lightly with her knuckles. "That time is running quickly. We get the key or we aren't leaving."

The man with grey eyes sighed. "No one here knows where the darn key is. You ought to ask someone else because we don't know. You know what? Let's go by Starbucks and negotiate there instead." He said to the others.

They nodded and murmured in agreement, wondering why they didn't think of that earlier, and walked away into the crowds of people.

Dick tugged in his hair and groaned. "Darn, I was sure that would work."

Stop messing up!

Selina patted his shoulder. "It was a good try. You just need to think of something else. I'll give you a hint: it's easier than you think." She implied.

Dick stared at her. Easier than I think? Wha- that's not a hint!

Dick scratched his head and looked at the door. He needed a key, but he didn't have a key. So how else would he get in? How would Selina get it?

Selina would do something smart. It would make me feel dumb for not thinking of that. She would....

Pick the lock!

Dick gasped. "Do you have a bobby pin? Or anything thin and long?"

Selina grinned. "Duh." She said as she snuck a finger underneath her mask and through her hair. Her finger came out with a bobby pin.

Dick snatched it and dug it into the hole. "Cover me, please." He muttered. Selina did as asked and stood in front of him, preventing people from seeing what he was doing.

Dick heard a click. Suspense built up in him and he turned the knob and pulled. Fortunately, he had done everything correctly and the door had opened.

"Yes! I did it! Come on, let's get in quickly." He whispered. He and Selina quickly got in the room, shut the door, and locked it once again.

They observed the room. Well, it wasn't exactly a room. It looked more like a huge basement. Across from them, there were wide and large metal doors, indicating that this underground area was much larger than Dick thought, and that there was another entrance to this room. It was probably the official entrance for when 'business' was open. He even saw a desk in the corner with a drawer. It must have been the one Selina had mentioned earlier.

Then, of course, there were the animals. They were in overly small cages, which were tied to the wall with ropes, and looked awfully skinny. Some even had a large amount dry blood on their fur. Dick brought his hands to his mouth.

Selina took a knife from her utility belt. "Alright, this is the hard part. In the last location these guys were in, there was an exit right outside the door to get out of this underground place. Here we're gonna have to improvise. What do you suggest we do?"

Dick raised his eyebrows. He had forgotten that he was the leader.

"I guess we're just going to have to hope that there is an exit passed those doors that is big enough for these animals. Luckily, these cages have wheels. I don't know what we would do if there weren't any.." Dick stated unsurely.

He looked at the wild cats sadly as Selina walked towards the doors. She pushed it slowly and only enough for her to peak through a bit. When she was done she closed the door and made sure it was locked.

"Alright, here's what we got: a large hallway with the exit at the very end. The problem is, there's a bunch of people walking though this hallway to enter other rooms like this one. So when we-"

"Look! They're over there!" A voice shouted.

Selina and Dick snapped their heads to the voice and widened their eyes. The gang had entered through the back door and were ferociously glaring at them.

I HAD to share this. I laughed sooo hard.

You're welcome to skip this. v (there's a slight teaser thingy for a future chapter)

Okay *sigh* so I got tagged and tbh I wasn't gonna do it, but then I got tagged AGAIN by someone else. Then I got tagged.... AGAIN. Thankfully, it was the same tag as one of the others.

(And right after I finished writing this I got tagged again. So uh.. Yeah sorry, i'm not doing that one, you can see why lol)

So I decided to do the first two (or three?), and I'm gonna choose what I wanna do from each one and combine it.

The first one:

I got tagged by DreamBird711

The second one:

I got tagged by prince_izu  and KittyCatGamer98

yeah, uhh.. oops. I sorta forgot about the 'due date'

I'm just going to mix 'em up.

1. The last song I've listened to since writing this was CROWN by TXT

2. Happy? If this is asking me if I'm happy, then yes? I think?

3. I'm a Capricorn

4. Last person I've kissed? Hahaha, that's a good one!

5. I usually change my favorite color because all colors are beautifullll, but lately it's been purple

6. I don't have a dream job because I don't know what I want to do with my life _ I have a vague idea though..

7. If I had to choose between cats or dogs, I'd choose dogs. Please don't hurt me, Selina.

8. I love to wear fandom merch because it increases my chances of meeting a fellow fan

9. It works!

10. STAN LOONA

I can't make jokes. I'm horrible at them. I mean.. I could tell you about the one with the broken pencil.

Nvm, it's pointless.

Lastly, I refuse to give a straight up spoiler, but... I will give you guys this..

Dick's suspicion grows and his frustration lingers. He really should stop listening to that little voice that continues to feed him negative thoughts. Will a certain bat help him? How about a penguin or cat? Or can our Dickie manage on his own? What will happen if he can't?

Wow, so many questions!

I'm not tagging anyone else because this is already a mess and idk how others would do it.

This is getting way too long but I owe you guys an actual joke, so here's some memes and hopefully you'll find one funny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

813 21 30
Takes place in the Justice League: War/Son of Batman movieverse, post the Justice League vs. Teen Titans, and pre-Justice League Dark. Selina Kyle (C...
8.9K 173 7
Bruce is just doing his fatherly duty and raising his beloved 5 year old son Dick. However unbeknownst to him Dick is having trouble with Bullies at...
35.1K 924 18
After the death of Dick's parents, Dick decides to live a life of crime. He has been on Batman's radar for quite a while, and still he couldn't catch...
13.4K 572 16
When you're the youngest, you often have to work hard to prove yourself to others. Whether it's to friends, family, or strangers, you can never give...