The Love Triangle (Book #1)

Bởi Dusk2Dawn

**This book is completed but will be edited immensely later (by which it may be very different to the origina... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1 - Riley
Chapter 2 - The New Guy
Chapter 3 - Unexpected
Chapter 4 - Thinking Things
Chapter 5 - Pain At The Party
Chapter 6 - The Day After Yesterday
Chapter 7 - Daddy's Back
Chapter 8 - Aching Inside
Chapter 9 - Heated Up
Chapter 10 - Bonding Time
Chapter 11 - Hidden
Chapter 12 - Back To Hell
Chapter 13 - Breaking Point
Chapter 14 - Accidents Happen
Chapter 15 - Familiar Eyes
Chapter 16 - Resting Attack
Chapter 17 - Twisted
Chapter 19 - Inner Wolf
Chapter 20 - Punishment Or Reward
Chapter 21 - Dumb Pretty Girl
Chapter 22 - The Chase
Chapter 23 - Too Far
Chapter 24 - Mine
Chapter 25 - All About You
Chapter 26 - Friend Or Foe
Chapter 27 - Whispers
Chapter 28 - Unbelievable
Chapter 29 - Muted
Chapter 30 - Playing The Role
Chapter 31 - Return
Chapter 32 - Misunderstandings
Chapter 33 - Countdown
Chapter 34 - Time
Chapter 35 - Alpha Owned
The Love Triangle - Epilogue

Chapter 18 - No Going Back

16.9K 540 147
Bởi Dusk2Dawn

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

The change was unbelievably painful and I'm surprised I still survived it, but I better say thanks to my anger. First, I had fallen on all fours, my bones had began to snap and crack outwards into every direction until I had formed the spine and body of a wolf. Fur had replaced my smooth, human skin, growing out of every particle that had existed in my body. My fingers had enlarged and turned into paws, my nails extending into claws in the process, digging into the dirt of the forest.

My ears had grown upwards, as I screamed out in agony, I could feel my snout growing and canines sharpening, I could hear the rip of my clothes shredding into pieces as I became the wolf that's been hidden in me for so long.

At first, there was silence.

And nothing but it as we all took in what had happened only seconds ago.

I stared at my body, raising my hand, I mean, paw, to my face to inspect it. I was a very deep red colour, like my hair. My eyes and ears were more powerful than ever, I could see everything like it was in HD or blue-ray, everything just seemed so... clear. I could hear insects climbing up trees, bees buzzing into flowers sucking sweet nectar or pollen or whatever. I could smell sausages sizzling miles away, the plants and nature surronding me, the earthy, fresh smell of the forest, and I could also smell the girl's, the one that he banged up, fear.

I looked at him and his eyes were frozen with shock and something else... as if he was impressed.

I ignored him and looked at her. I wanted to rip her into pieces and make him chew it up. Ugh! I hate them both!

Before the tears attacked my eyes, I growled at her. She flinched back but she was trying to cover up the fact that she was scared. I growled again, baring my teeth at her, and moving forward. She immediately took off and I started to run after her. I loved the way my paws felt against the earth and the way the wind brushed through my fur.

Scar, stop.

It was his voice in my head but I was too startled that I replied.

Why the flip are you in my head? Get out!

Uh, maybe because I belong there.

He was angry. But I couldn't care less. I kept running, following the whore's scent.

Scar, just stop running!

Why should I listen to you? You're nothing to me now and anyway, I wasn't ever anything to you.

How can you think like that?!

You tell me! I just walked in on my mate knocking another girl up!

There was silence and I ran even faster, I could see her sorry ass now, and I growled even louder with more anger. How could he have gone for her?

Was I that bad?

He hadn't fallen for me the way I had fallen for him. I should've guessed, who just follows a girl after she walked out of a restaurant? Tristan Adams that's who!

He hadn't really loved me. No, I was just his toy. Something he could mess around with when he was bored, but I wondered if he ever felt guilty about playing with my heart.

I wasn't playing around with you, I promise, I'm serious about you.

I ignored him and I was just about to pounce on the whore when I was pinned down from behind by someone else. I was on the floor, my stomach resting on the forest bed and I turned around to see who it was, but I already knew.

He shifted back into his human form and looked me dead straight in the eyes.

"Shift back. Now." he ordered. "Think of your human self."

I wasn't going to listen to him anymore. I'm going to do what I want now. I struggled against him but he was keeping me down, dang that boy is strong. So I stopped and stared at him back, giving no signs of trying to get back to my human.

Listen to him. Something said inside of me and my eyes widened when I realized it was my wolf. She had been awakened from her deep slumber only to tell me to listen to my cheating mate.

No, he cheated on us, and you want me to listen to him? Go back to sleep. Ugh. She didn't reply again.

"Fine, if you won't think of your human, I'll help you." he said glaring at me. I rolled my eyes at him. "Scar, your sea blue eyes were so clear that I could see myself in them, I loved how you would look down at the floor when you were shy, and especially when you smile at the ground. Your hair was so messy, that it could be straight, wavy and curly all once, and the way it was deep red, falling against your creamy white skin."

My bones cracked inwards, back into shape, my fur sank back into my skin, my paws and claws reversed into my nails and hands, I was shrinking back into my human self without my own permission. 

"And your lips," he continued even when I was back into a human. He gently gripped my chin, tilted my head up slightly and stared down at my lips as I closed my eyes, tracing them with his thumb. "They're so pink, and soft... and perfect."

I couldn't look at him so I looked away, with my eyes still closed. For a moment, I still believed that everything was fine, but then I forced myself to face reality.

He still thought he could get to me, after all that I've seen, he still thought it would be okay to play with me.

Without noticing it, a tear slid down my cheek.

"Why are you crying?" he asked softly and wiped it away. I turned around, opened my eyes, and glared at him.

"You really don't remember? Why don't you go ask your whore?!" I shouted at him, pushing him away from me. He looked shocked, really shocked and then he shook his head and looked at me. 

"Scar, let me explain-" he started but I didn't wanna hear it.

"I don't need you to explain anything. I understand, I just wasn't good enough for you." I admitted, tears leaking out of my eyes and my voice cracking. 

"How could you say that?! If anything, I'm not good enough for you." he said, getting angry. "If you just let me explain, I swear I-"

"I don't want to hear it!" I screamed at him, but I couldn't get far because he was still pinning me down.

"Scarlett, just let me explain!" he roared back. His eyes were more intense than ever, to me, it was like a puzzle not yet solved. The pieces was everywhere and this puzzle was too hard to figure out.

I looked away from him, sliding my left leg down my right to cover an itch, then I realized I was naked. More reason not to look directly into his eyes, my cheeks were getting hotter, I tried to stop breathing so heavily because I didn't want to emphathise things, but I couldn't.

"Why are you blushing?" he asked, distracted. I looked at him to see if he was serious. He looked down at my body and then looked back up, a blush stained on his cheeks. "Oh, um," he cleared his throat. "There must be, some, er, clothes, around, here somewhere."

And with that, he got off of me and went somewhere. I took a few seconds to get more air, then I walked to a tree and sat down under it, hugging my knees and crying into them. I was crying my heart out and I couldn't care who could hear.

I couldn't get over the betrayal that had got me here in the first place. I wish I was still just a human, a foolish, human in love with her werewolf mate.

I wish that girl was never born. I hate her.

When I learn her name, I am going to make her wish she was never born. I am going to kill her.

And Tristan? I'm just not going to bother. Now, I'm just going to act emotionless, not going to give him any space to get to me anymore.

I was sobbing when he returned again. I heard him sigh and I hugged myself even tighter.

"I found a shirt for you." he crouched down beside me and I was surprised he was looking at my face and not my body. The stupid man slag. I snatched the shirt he held in his hands and turned my back to him before putting the baggy shirt on. I buttoned it up and stood there, the shirt reached a bit lower than my butt so that it covered everything 'essential'.

I didn't wait for him. I just started to walk off, testing out my new werewolf features. I could smell a really familiar scents nearby. No wait, two. No, no, three. But one stuck out for me the most. It smelt earthy, it was a mixture of the forest, rain, melted chocolate something fresh. Strawberries. I closed my eyes, intoxicating in the scent, following wherever my nose was leading me, the scent had me hypnotized.

It was getting stronger and it was so good, it made me moan in pleasure. I just wanted to eat it up. I stopped when I bumped into something hard and rock-like. I bounced off of it and fell onto the floor. I opened my eyes and groaned when I realized the smell had been radiating off of Tristan's body.

He offered me a hand but I ignored him and walked off.

 "Where do you think you're going?" he asked. I was going to reply but I stopped, he didn't deserve my breath. "Answer me."

I kept walking away, I knew where I wanted to go, and I had no intention of telling him.

"Scar, please talk to me." I heard him plead. I shifted back into my wolf and ran away from him as fast as my legs could carry me, he was easily catching up to me, stupid Alpha. But then I remembered, I have Alpha blood too. I pushed myself to run even faster but I stopped when I found myself face to face with Tristan again. He growled at me and I growled back.

I hate him. I just hate him.

Stop running now. he ordered.

Fine.

He relaxed his posture but as soon as he did, I jumped over him and started to run again.

You never said I couldn't jump. I said to him and I heard him growl behind me.

I ran and ran until I saw something familiar. I stopped when I saw the road of my house, I could hear Tristan gaining on me and I couldn't go out of the forest until no one could see me. He stopped beside me but I jumped out onto the road, jumping over fences until I reached Riley's back garden.

There were a bunch of guys there, playing soccor, and they stopped when they saw me. I began to feel self-conscious as their eyes scanned my appearance, even Riley and Becky were there but they couldn't recognize who I was.

"It's a rogue!" one of them shouted. "Kill it!"

It? It?!?!?!?!?!?!

I growled loudly at them, scaring some of them in the process but then before I knew it, they all had a weapon each. I backed away slowly, until I reached the shed.

"Wait, I think we should wait until the Alpha is here." Riley suggested. I had a feeling he knew who I was.

"The rogue might get away." the other one replied and burst into his own wolf. He was light beige colour and he was advancing on me pretty quickly. All of a sudden, another wolf appeared in front of me and growled its head off to the light beige one. It was him and I was curious to see what he was saying to the one that was going to kill me so I popped myself into his head.

Never ever lay a finger on her. DO YOU HEAR ME?!?!?!

Y-yes Alpha.

Say sorry to your Luna!

Luna? What did he mean by Luna?

She's our Luna? I didn't know, I'm-

NOW!

The light beige wolf shifted back into his human, covering his private parts with his hands and bowed down his head to me. "Sorry, Luna."

I got a strong sense of respect from him. Tristan turned his head around to look at me but I looked away from him, I didn't want to talk to him, I didn't want to look at him, I didn't want anything to do with him.

I got out of his head and jumped over a fence to go to my own garden. I ran and jumped up the tree to climb into my window. I shifted back into my human, ran to my cupboard and grabbed the first thing I could find to change into. I closed the window and shut the curtains. I stayed there for a while, holding the curtains in my fists.

I break down and fall to the ground. I cried about everything that's bad in life.

This is the window that I used to look at Riley through, wondering every second of every day if he knew I existed. If he knew I liked him more than a friend. I used to want him so much that I was desperate to have him, I wanted the comfort I never had, and I thought he was the one to give me that.

Every time that my heart used to beat, it would only utter his name in a steady, rhythmic beat. How excited I got when he would speak to me, my heart would beat so fast when he smiled at me, but he never liked me that way.

I do what I do everytime I cry. I went to the corner of my room, sat down, hugged myself and cried silently. I let the tears soaked my face and let my hands shake in sorrow.

I put my head in between my knees and let them press against the sides of my head as if it would squeeze out every thought, image and memory I had of everything that ever made me feel this way.

My position changed and now I was kneeling on both my knees, my face hidden in my hands, sobbing my heart out.

How could Tristan do this to me?

I was never his princess, and he wasn't the prince charming I was waiting for. He had shattered my heart with one act of betrayal that would haunt me for eternity, all the things he had said to me, were they all lies?

They had to be. The way he had acted after I walked in on them, it was like it was like it was no big deal to him. Oh, well, he must be used to girls who had fallen for him walking in on him cheating on them.

But when I met him, he was nothing like he was now. Why has he changed? Why did he get bored of me? What did I do wrong?

Maybe he didn't want a needy, clingy girlfriend... but I wasn't that... was I?

After Mark dumped me, I had put an invisible barrier around me that protected me from my past, protected me from any further betrayals. My dad had betrayed everyone by walking out with another woman, Mark had betrayed me by crushing the protective shield he cast around me, and now Tristan had betrayed me... I couldn't and didn't even want to talk about how.

The problem was that I had felt too safe and comfortable with him that I had let my guard down and become vulnerable. Because I had believed with every cell, bone, nerve, atom, particle and vein, that I could trust him. That he wouldn't leave me like the others did. He had healed the hole that others had created only to punch a bigger one in. And this one was burning with betrayal.

I wasn't scared of Tristan to leave me because I had fear of being alone, I didn't want him to leave me because I loved him. There I said. I love him.

I love him so much that it hurts. I love him so much that I wish I could go back in time and be everything and anything that he wants. I love him so much that I would die for him.

I would die for the person that doesn't deserve my life. That is how much I needed him.

Even all this crying and sobbing wasn't enough to let my feelings out, I didn't know what to do anymore, I didn't know what I was going to do anymore. Just the thought of living without Tristan in my life, kills me.

The moment I had walked in on the heated scene, my whole body had stopped its function. My walls had broken down to make me feel revealed, naked to them, and that's funny because that's what they should be feeling. I shouldn't be the one feeling ashamed, they should be. They were the ones who's dirty little secrets had been discovered.

I was just a toy in his game of playing with other people's hearts but it's ironic how the one person who hurt me the most is the only person I need with me right now. 

I wanted him to tell me it was alright, I wanted him to tell me it was all a sick, horrible joke that never meant to go this far, I wanted him to comfort me and assure me that no one else could ever hurt me now.

The thing that hurts more than one person telling the other to leave is that it never meant to happen.

As I was safely, and what I thought was permanently, wrapped around in his warmth, protection and love that turned out to have been a lie, I had forgotten that by giving him my heart, he had the ability to break it. I had forgotten that by loving him, I was taking the risk to get hurt again. I believed that Tristan would protect me from everything that had the potential to hurt me, which was true, but the biggest threat he couldn't protect me from turned out to be himself.

I stopped crying, my body stripped of energy to go on. I fell asleep on the floor, still hugging myself eventhough my arms hurt, but I was not going to let go. Unconsciously, I fell to my side, too numb to get back up. I still hugged my knees to my chest, and floated away from reality.

I felt someone lift me up, but it felt like a dream, the touch was so gentle, like I was a fragile object that everyone was afraid to break. I felt the bed pressed down to my weight under me and a blanket placed over my cold body. They smoothed my hair away from my face and I felt back at home, it was like a mother's touch, the one I so craved for.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

I woke up earlier than my alarm, and I didn't need to remember anything because everything was already branded into my mind.

I got up slowly and walked over to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, but that had no effect on my appearance. I was still pale, sickly, and had puffy, bloodshot eyes. I walked into my room to get changed when I remembered I had forgotten my school bag in Riley's car. I was just about to text Becky or something when out of the corner of my eye, I found it neatly placed beside my small table.

I went over and picked it up to examine what's inside. My books were still inside, my keys, and phone. Everything was there, but how did get here in the first place?

I decided not to think about it, because mostly, I didn't want to. I got my bag and quietly walked out the door. I didn't eat breakfast... I haven't ate in a long time. I closed the door and started to walk silently to school. I didn't feel like talking. I twirled a strand of hair to keep my hands busy, so they didn't have to wipe any tears that leaked out.

I was looking down at the floor, so I didn't come back to earth until I heard someone call my name.

"Scar! Wait up!" it was him. I instantly ran away from him, but not using my werewolf speed. I reached school and hurried inside before he could catch up to me. I never looked back.

No one was here this early... until I layed my eyes on Alexis. She was sitting on a wall, face buried in a book as usual. I walked over and sat next to her.

"Hi." I said, trying to keep my voice casual.

"Oh! Hi." she looked around and back at me. "Umm, where are your friends?" 

 "They aren't here."

"Oh. How's Lizzie doing?" she asked, I could tell she was trying to hide how sad she was because she busied herself with her scarf.

"She's fine."

"And Becky?" she asked reluctantly.

"I don't really care." I admitted and she grinned.

"So you don't like her?"

"Not really."

"Oh yeah, here's the book." she said, handing it over to me. "Have you brought your clothes?"

"Thanks." I replied, taking the book and putting it in my bag. "What clothes?"

"For the modelling, fashion thing."

"Oh. No. I've been... busy." I looked away from her to look at the sky and clouds. She's always been able to detect how I was really feeling.

"Would you like to see what I've brought?" she said shyly. I looked back at her.

"Sure." I smiled as she revealed two bags. I peered inside and touched the soft silk that felt like water to my hands. So thin yet smooth. "That looks great."

"Thanks. So-" she was about to continue when someone interuppted us.

"Hey! You!" it was Becky's voice and she was storming her way over to us with our whole gang behind her, even Carter was there. The others looked confused, while Riley looked worried and desperate. I was prepared to fight for Alexis but then I realized she was talking to me. She looked at me dead in the eyes and I stared back, puzzled.

"I have a name you know." I said, making Cam, Daniel and Lizzie grin.

"Like it matters." she glared at me while I crossed my arms over my chest. "So I heard you've been feeling up my boyfriend?"

"What?" I blurted out. What the hell?!?! After all I've been through, she thinks I like Riley? - again?!

"Yeah, someone, I'm not going to say who, told me that you hugged him yesterday."

"I didn't hug him! He hugged me!" I screamed in her face.

"Well, I don't believe that!"

"Well, that's not my problem!"

"Listen up you piece of shit," she stepped forward in her high heels, I was wearing sneakers and I was still taller than her. She looked directly into my eyes so that the green met blue. "I don't know what you're trying to do, but you will not get inbetween me and him. We all know you don't have Tristan anymore because he left you for someone much better, but that doesn't mean you can play with other people's boyfriends. I'm his girlfriend, not you."

I swallowed the lump that rose to my throat, not knowing how to respond. It was like what she said was entering my head but too fast, and I only took note of the key words. As soon as she admitted the truth about Tristan, I felt my wolf whimper and crawl back into the darkness, too hurt to come back out. It was like she was in a dark room and Tristan's name was a light she did not want to be in contact with.

"I didn't want to be his girlfriend." I said quietly.

"You are such a drama queen," my eyebrow rose up in disbelief and I felt like laughing out loud. "You think everyone worships you here, well guess what Scar? All you are is a slut. You reveal yourself, you have one night stands, you show your body off to everyone thinking you're a model, well, you aren't. The only reason I was friends with you was because I felt sorry for you. You were such a geek, you had no friends except for that nerd and Lizzie. I finally gave you a chance because you were practically begging to hang out with me but now it's over, I'm kicking you out of the group."

I stared at her in silence and gave a bitter laugh.

"First, you're the one that went up to me and accused me of 'touching' up your boyfriend and you have the guts to call me a drama queen?" I smiled and carried on. "I don't think everyone worships me here, and if you actually took the time to get to know me and not use me for popularity, you'd know that I'm not a slut. I don't have one night stands and I don't think I'm a model or anything. Look at yourself Becky, and look at me." I motioned to her short dress, high heels and fake makeup whereas I was wearing jeans, a shirt, sneakers and a scarf. "You say that I reveal myself and show my body off? That's a bit rich coming from you, isn't it?"

"Shut up." she said, embarrassed.

"Original comeback." I grinned and continued. "Becky, you wear really heavy makeup when you don't need to. I never wanted to be popular, you forced me. And even if my only friends were Alexis and Lizzie, I was happy. All you were after was popularity and you used us for it. Are you happy you got what you wanted? Because I don't care. I knew Cam, Daniel, Riley and even Carter before you did, so technically, it wasn't your group to even start off with. And haven't you lied enough? I never begged you for anything, so please stop with all the lies because you're already fake as you are." I admitted and smirked at her expression.

"Yeah well, well," she tried to find a comeback. "Atleast I wear makeup and I'm pretty!"

I resisted the urge to laugh. "I don't need makeup to be pretty." I said simply.

The look on her face was priceless. She looked like she wanted to slap me.

But then she did slap me.

I could feel my cheeks burning and becoming pink from the slap. Rage filled me, but it wasn't just rage for her, it was for everything in my life. I was soon on top of her, holding her hands behind her back while she waved her high heels up in the air, screaming out rainbows of swears. Then I found myself under her as she tried to be in control, I could see a circle form around us, the gasps, the encouragement, the bets, were all not taken notice off as I expressed my anger out on her.

What a bitch. I heard my wolf say. And this time, I'd have to agree with her.

I kicked her off of me with my legs and she went flying, I knew that she was a wolf too but she must be weak.

I heard whistles and as I got up to beat her up again, a pair of familiar arms wrapped around my waist from behind. Riley also held Becky back, as we tried to take a swing at eachother. Our hair was all over the place, I flicked my hair out of my face to take a look at her.

She had bruises and her head was bleeding. Good! She deserves it.

"Let me go!" she screamed at Riley.

"I hate you! You think you're all that but you're not! The only reason you ended up with Riley was because he had no other choice!" I shouted out the truth in a nasty way.

She screamed and tried to get out of Riley's grip.

"I'm gonna kill you, you little bitch!" she screamed on the top of her lungs.

"Well come on then!" I replied, trying to go to her but Carter's iron grip on me left me no chance.

There were more whistles and teachers came pouring out, pushing us further apart. 

"Stop! I didn't expect this from you girls! Oh imagine the negatives on your school reports!" Mrs Parker shouted over us. "One hour detention afterschool Friday! Now you boys lead them up to the nurse's office then off to lessons! Now!"

I didn't care. I didn't care about anything. I felt so dead, numb and tired, as if someone had cut off the wire connecting my body, mind, and soul. I don't think I have any feelings on anything anymore, maybe it's better this way.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Hi...

Scar's a fiesty one isn't she? xD

Oh and the picture on the side is not exactly the original size so please click the external link to see the proper one... it's AWESOME.

Thank you for reading.

Fan.

Vote.

Comment.

Spread the story.

~Dusk2Dawn~

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

21.6K 582 32
- CONTENTS MATURE! 18+ scenes - Celeste believed nothing more than being a normal girl, in a normal street, in a normal world but nothing can just b...
401K 14.7K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...
610K 15.7K 28
After her pack was killed by Rogues, Laura becomes a part of the Blue Moon Pack when the Alpha takes her in. When her Guardian Bond to the Alpha's da...
841K 35.1K 41
A/N: STORY HAS BEEN EDITED TO CONFORM TO COMMUNITY GUIDLINES. As some of you may already know, this story was previously removed from all platforms f...