The Love Triangle (Book #1)

Oleh Dusk2Dawn

**This book is completed but will be edited immensely later (by which it may be very different to the origina... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1 - Riley
Chapter 2 - The New Guy
Chapter 3 - Unexpected
Chapter 4 - Thinking Things
Chapter 5 - Pain At The Party
Chapter 6 - The Day After Yesterday
Chapter 7 - Daddy's Back
Chapter 8 - Aching Inside
Chapter 9 - Heated Up
Chapter 10 - Bonding Time
Chapter 11 - Hidden
Chapter 12 - Back To Hell
Chapter 13 - Breaking Point
Chapter 14 - Accidents Happen
Chapter 15 - Familiar Eyes
Chapter 17 - Twisted
Chapter 18 - No Going Back
Chapter 19 - Inner Wolf
Chapter 20 - Punishment Or Reward
Chapter 21 - Dumb Pretty Girl
Chapter 22 - The Chase
Chapter 23 - Too Far
Chapter 24 - Mine
Chapter 25 - All About You
Chapter 26 - Friend Or Foe
Chapter 27 - Whispers
Chapter 28 - Unbelievable
Chapter 29 - Muted
Chapter 30 - Playing The Role
Chapter 31 - Return
Chapter 32 - Misunderstandings
Chapter 33 - Countdown
Chapter 34 - Time
Chapter 35 - Alpha Owned
The Love Triangle - Epilogue

Chapter 16 - Resting Attack

15.9K 518 61
Oleh Dusk2Dawn

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I was sat infront of Riley's house in the rain and still waiting for Tristan. I've been waiting for ages, and I wondered what's going on, he's never been late before.

Where is he?

He should be here by now, we were going to meet his pack. Maybe he didn't like last night as much as I did. Which is a total bummer.

What had I done wrong?

Maybe he thought I took advantage of him... but I would've thought he wouldn't mind. I mean, he wasn't a girl to think like that.

Riley and Becky were coming this way, they hadn't seen me yet and I was tugging on pieces of wet grass when they did.

"What happened to you?" I heard Riley ask. "You homeless now?"

By the looks of it, I probably did look homeless.

"Tristan didn't show up." I mumbled so they wouldn't hear my voice give me away to my pain.

"Oh. Have you texted him?"

"He doesn't reply."

"Oh. Well, me and Becky will be inside if you need us."

"Okay." my voice was quiet and I wasn't in the mood to talk. They walked inside and left me all alone in the rain.

Time passed and the sky mixed into twilight, it had stopped raining ages ago, maybe I should go home. But then I saw Tristan running up to me and I stopped until he came here.

"Hey, ready to go?" he asked while I glared at him. "What's wrong?"

"Where were you?" I demanded.

"At an Alpha meeting." he narrowed his eyes at me, not liking the tone I was using with the head of the pack.

"What took you so long and why didn't you tell me?" I gritted my teeth in anger.

"I thought it would be over by the time I came here and-"

"You smell different." I stepped closer and took a sniff. "You smell like... perfume."

"I can explain." he said quickly.

"You don't need to." I snapped back. I got up and started walking.

"But let me." he grabbed my arm and spun me around.

"I texted you and called so many times but you never picked up." I twisted my arm away from him.

"Scar, it's complicated." his eyes were angry and fists clenched but his body screamed pain.

"Oh yeah? Well maybe I was just too easy!" I stormed away from him and into my house, aware of the tears that occupied my eyes.

I ran upstairs and crawled into bed, not bothering to change or dry myself. It was late evening when I woke up again so I decided to go downstairs to eat.

When I went into the kitchen, a surprise was waiting for me. Food.

Normally my mom doesn't cook but now when I opened the microwave, there was a full meal labelled 'Scarlett' on it. It was my favourite pasta that she used to make.

Andrew was really changing her. I put the pasta on for a minute and a half then opened the fridge to find a whole strawberry cheesecake lying inside.

My jaw hit the floor as I took in the creamy, rich texture, crumbly yet buttery base and juicy strawberries on top. I immediately cut two slices and brought the pasta and cheesecake into the living room.

Jamie was watching some random crap on TV and we would wrestle for the remote but I wasn't in the mood.

We sat in silence as I ate the pasta, which tasted like cardboard to me eventhough it was my favourite, then slowly chewed the cheesecake. Man, it was good.

The cheesecake was the only thing that I tasted in the meal, I didn't really feel like eating, I just eat when I'm upset.

All these hours I've been trying not to think about what I said to Tristan but they just keep popping into my head so much that I can't ignore it anymore.

I should have let him explain. And he was probably wondering about what I meant when I said I was too easy. What had I meant by that?

I sighed and curled up on the sofa, the voices of cartoons that Jamie was watching not registering to my ears.

I hugged my knees and all of a sudden sneezed. I ran up to my room and looked at my reflection. My eyes were red and puffy, my hair a haystack, my skin pale and sickly and my nose now pink.

I wanted to be sick.

Something felt as if it was climbing up my throat and threatening to come out my mouth. My eyes widened when I realized it was vomit.

I ran to the bathroom, still holding it in even when I tripped over, and spilled the contents onto the sink.

I closed my eyes and opened the tap, I couldn't see it but I could smell it. Ugh.

I walked over to my room and wished that me and Tristan were still on good terms. I stood next to the window and faced the breeze that was blowing past, it felt as if it was soothing my headache, but there was still a blinding pain in my skull.

I crawled back into bed and fell asleep on the pillow that felt like a rock.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<

I awoke with tears streaming down my face and what felt like a vacancy in my soul. I couldn't remember what I had been dreaming about, but it must have been something that stirs my emotions well, probably Tristan.

I still couldn't get over what had happened yesterday, what I had said, what I had felt, how my mouth couldn't control what came out of it so that it lead both of us to think that I didn't trust him, but the image that couldn't get out of my head, was the pained expression that I had caused to occupy Tristan's face.

I couldn't help staring at his heartbroken eyes and think that I had created the shatter in his heart. He might have look angry, and maybe he was a bit, but I knew even when I can't figure him out that it was always misery over anger.

I decided not to go to school today. I was too unwell. So I rested my head against the pillow and let my eyelid droop like curtains over my sight. My eyelids felt hot, as if I had over used them, it was soothing to finally close them.

Tristan probably thought I was clingy and needy, normally I would be chill about him being late but I think the problems were bigger than that.

What Andrew believed about Tristan had gotten to my head, it confused my thoughts and made me my heart insecure. How could I have let that happen?

Me and Tristan are soulmates. We are destined. Two hearts that beat as one. We could never be apart. I couldn't even imagine us seperated.

If the pain of our first fight was this, then I don't even want to think about what would happen if Tristan... if anything happened to him.

It would tear me apart. It would hurt so much that I couldn't feel it.

I shook negative thoughts out of my head and dried my cheeks that were now damp because of the thinking.

I hugged my pillow, pretending it was him, but no one and nothing could offer me the same kind of warmth and protection that he cast around me.

I wish we didn't have that stupid fight, I wish I would've calmed down, I wish me and him were... easier.

After a few hours, the door opened and mom peeked in.

"Hey, didn't go to school today? You wake up late?"

"No, I didn't feel well." I croaked.

"Oh." she walked over to me and layed a hand on my forehead. "Whoa. Honey, you're burning up."

It was the first time in years she had called me a pet name. It was like nothing had changed. We were still a happy family. But of course none of that was real.

I pulled my blankets over my head so she wouldn't see me the tears leaking out. "Can you, er, get me some water?"

"Sure." I still didn't take my head out even when the door closed, I hastily wiped my damp cheeks and came out of my warm shell. I went to the toilet and back to my room. Mom was cleaning my room and being fussy about its untidiness, I took the cup that she put on the table next to my bed and drank its contents.

I could feel the liquid run through the internal parts of my body and now all I could do is wait so that it could convert and I can go to the toilet.

After a while, mom was getting on my nerves.

"Just look at the state of this, do I have to do everything myself?"

"I didn't ask you to."

"It's not about me asking you Scar, you should do this yourself, I mean no wonder you're sick."

"Right."

"Don't you want to get better?" she asked furiously.

"No!" I replied and crossed my arms across my chest.

"Why not?" she stared at me and I knew that it was time for the truth to come out.

"Because when I'm sick, it's the only time you actually pay attention to me!" I admitted. There was silence and I knew I must have hit a soft spot. She silently walked out of the room and I felt guilty and bad about what I said. My muscles ached and bones felt fragile, I went to the door and locked it, as if I was locking myself out of the world.

I decided to stay strong and just go out. I got dressed in some shorts and top, put my messy hair into a ponytail and got some flats. I walked out of the house with ease and wondered what time it was. I saw kids from my school walking so I guessed school must be over... it was also the time that I would normally meet Tristan outside of Riley's.

I could see him tugging at pieces of grass like I was yesterday, he was looking around tired but determined. Should I talk to him or go the other way?

Something inside of me said to go talk to him but I decided against it. I turned my back to him and took a shortcut to the park. The wind was fierce as I reached the deserted place but that just gave me more reason to stay.

Was Tristan cheating on me? I don't think so.

Was mom being annoying? Yes.

Was I vulnerable? Definitely.

Did I go too far in all situations? Heck yeah.

The day was so windy that it was as if nature was trying to push me off of the swing itself, but I was refusing to give it up. A gush of fresh air was exactly what I needed.

I sat on the swing, my head about to burst, until the sky darkened and a bunch of guys were walking through, eyeing me up.

When they looked directly at me, I stared back, not afraid to do so. They carried on talking and I decided it was time to go. I got up and started walking back to the shortcut. I guess I should've told mom where I was and I should've talked to Tristan but I just needed a break from everything. But no one would understand that.

The air was getting chilly and I hugged myself for warmth, I walked down the dark alley, unaware of the footsteps following me. Someone pushed me against the wall hard and I screamed out in agony, my skull was ringing with echoes of pain from connecting with the brick wall. Someone's hand covered my mouth and I felt a blade pressed against my neck.

The first name I screamed was Tristan's but it was muffled as the person I played victim to, kept hold of my mouth despite my thrashes and wriggling about. The blade pressed harder against my skin and I stopped moving.

"Listen here lovely, you don't have a big part to play in this little chat, so you might as well contribute." he was a man but his face was covered so all I could do is glare into his eyes. "You're the daughter of the most powerful Alpha in the world, and the mate of the second powerful, so you must realize," he leaned in towards me so I could feel his breath blow on my face. "that you have some enemies."

I tried to push him away from me but he had a firm grip on the ground.

"Struggling won't help sweetheart. You're gonna die anyway." he raised the knife as my eyes widened and thought the one thing I wanted to say.

I'm so sorry, Tristan.

There was a monstrous, booming growl that actually shook the ground beneath me, we both looked to the left and found a gigantic wolf baring its teeth and standing tall.

It was him.

He ripped the guy off of me and I was frozen to the spot as the two wolves lunged at eachother. It was as if I was sucked into my nightmare of nightmares, and because I knew Tristan, it was even worse. I wanted to help Tristan but what was I to them? A weak little human girl.

Not that Tristan needed my help, he swiftly grabbed the other wolves' throat and ripped it away from his body with an awful cracking sound. I was pressed against the wall, my hand over my mouth and rooted to where I stood.

I had my eyes closed until I heard silence and opened them one by one to find Tristan standing up. He turned around to look at me and his clothes were drenched in dark red blood. I swallowed as he walked slowly towards me, as if I was a rabbit that he was afraid to scare. I had just watched him kill someone. Should I be scared or should I wonder how many more people he had killed?

"I'm so sorry you had to see that." he said quietly. I couldn't say anything, my speaking features were all dried out to respnd. "I followed your scent. I knew you saw me at Riley's, why didn't you come?"

He was angry now.

"I-I-" I didn't know what to say.

"You thought I deserved a taste of my own medicine?"

"I didn't realize you were one to jump to conclusions." I snapped. "And by the way, I was sick and I just needed a rest from everything."

"Jump to conclusions? Well, maybe I learned that off of you from yesterday." he shot back. I swallowed but I was angry that he actually used that against me. "Do you know what would have happened if I didn't save you in time?"

"I'm not stupid, okay. What do you want me to say? Thank you?"

"What happened yesterday, you should have come and talked to me when you saw me, you don't know what happened, and you never give me a chance to explain!" I looked down, cowering to an Alpha's rage. "I can't believe you don't trust me!"

"Well if you smelt some guy's scent on me, what would you think?" he had no expression but something flashed across his eyes that was clearly pain. "Exactly, so imagine how I felt. I don't even know what's wrong with me these days, what my dad's been saying to me, I'm starting to think about it, and I don't even want to. I do trust you Tristan but I thought that you would understand me more than myself and right now, I don't understand what I'm feeling. That night that was amazing to me, probably nothing to you judging by the way you acted. You hurt me so badly without even realizing it, and I don't want to say anything about it, because Tristan I think I'm in love with you."

Oh my god. Did I just say that?

His eyes widened at what I said, and even I was shocked, why had I said that? He was going to break up with me, oh my god, my heart was beating so frantically that my rib cage was pressurised to act its strongest and keep my heart under control.

He swallowed nervously and I backed away slowly, his reaction time had been too long so that must mean he didn't exactly feel the same way. I knew this would happen. It happened before. My ex-boyfriend dumped me because he said he had gotten bored of me.

I turned around and ran away before he had a chance to explain, just like he said, I never let him explain, but what did it matter now? We were over.

I stopped at my door, grabbed the key under the doormat and opened the door before running upstairs to my room and locking the door. I shut the window so that he would know not to come in, and fell asleep on the bed.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Hi.

Next upload will be soon. =D

Thank you for reading.

Fan.

Vote.

Comment.

Spread the story.

~Dusk2Dawn~

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

21.6K 582 32
- CONTENTS MATURE! 18+ scenes - Celeste believed nothing more than being a normal girl, in a normal street, in a normal world but nothing can just b...
Damaged Oleh MariMari

Manusia Serigala

80K 2.4K 62
Although her fathers death hurt her, it was when her mother died that really took a toll on Sierra. The pain she felt was so immense she decides to n...
529K 10.3K 34
**This book is completed but will be edited immensely later (by which it may be very different to the original)** Trailer inside! (Book 2) - Tristan...
65.5K 2K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...