100

By passtheduch

Akari Ayame lived 99 lives. 99 lives as the same person, life events and the same fate. Her death at the han... More

100
Circle Of Fate
The Lost Boy
Crybaby
Fine
Circle Of Fate (2)
Kiko (1)
Kiko (2)
First Class
Bet
Bully
Fate's Hands
Rumors
Confusion
Fickle Friends
I Miss You
Thinking Too Much
Break
Because Of You
According To Fate
She's Mine
In The End
Regret
Birthday
Koya
Mage
No Mistakes
Ceremony of Rites
Ceremony of Rites (2)
Misah
Idiot
Confession
Troubled Hearts
Kisses
Rin
Shameless
Four Words
Rin (2)
Rin (3)
Kiko (3)
Kiko (4)
Possess
Womanly Desires
Cold And Twisted
A Few Words
I'm Sorry
Warning
Wedding (1)
Wedding (2)
1000 Years
Husband And Wife
Reveal
Kiko (5)
Rin (4)
Husband And Wife (2)
Asking For Help
For Eternity
Dinner
Inside The Castle
A Letter
Eight Stag Bar
Squeal
Ying Jun
Always
Impossible
Escape
Lies Of Love
Protect The Beauty
No More
Worth It
Making Moves
Monster
Dark Mage
Wild Animal
Making Moves (2)
Misah (2)
Never
Dark Misah
Nothing
Old Magic
Piece By Piece
Crybaby (2)
Kiko (6)
Riho
The End
Epilogue

History

17.1K 694 33
By passtheduch

Donovan was surprised to see the two people he least expected to see, sitting down in his receiving room. Akari and Mage Koya sat next to each other while sipping tea and spoke quietly to each other when he came into the room. After their wedding, Donovan did not expect to see, let alone speak to them again.

"Mage Koya, Apprentice Mage Akari." Donovan said as he wiped his sweaty palms on the side of his pants. "Good day to you both. What brings you here?"

Akari set down her teacup and looked up at Donovan as she went straight to the point.

"Have you seen Rin since yesterday?" Akari asked.

"No." Donovan answered her back honestly as he began to worry about his friend. "Why? What's wrong?"

"Rin is missing." Akari told him honestly. "I received word from Duke Obara that Rin has not come home since last evening. His last known whereabouts were at his office. No one at his company knows where he is and no one else can confirm if he left his work place."

Donovan shook his head in disbelief.

"I'm sorry. The last time I spoke to Rin was at your wedding." Donovan said truthfully.

"In the past five years, do you know of a place where Rin would go, for some time alone?" Akari asked him. "A place where not even his parents would know about? A place where he could gather his thoughts?"

Donovan shook his head no. He couldn't think of anything.

"Is there something wrong?" Donovan asked. "Is Rin in trouble?"

Akari's lips tighten up with his constant questioning.

"If he's in trouble, please tell me. Is there something I can help with?"

"Please just think of any place that Rin likes to go to." Akari asked him. "Any place at all. A place where he likes to be alone. A place where no one knows him. A place where he can find some peace and quiet?"

Donovan shook his head no.

"I don't know any kind of places like that, but I can give you a list of places he likes to frequent."

"Please do." Akari told him as he began to write the list.

"I'm not sure if this will help in any way, but I hope this can help you find Rin." Donovan said as he gave the list to Akari.

"If you hear any word at all about Rin whereabouts. Please let me know and his parents know as soon as possible."

"I'll do that." Donovan agreed. "I'll also send people out to walk the streets to see if they can find him as well."

"That would be helpful." Akari said as she stood up. "Thank you, for your time."

"Of course." Donovan said as he too stood up to walked them to the door.

Before Akari and Dean could walk out of his home, he called out to Akari.

"Apprentice Mage Akari." Donovan said, bringing their attention back on to him. "For the things that I did to you and said to you when we were young. I'm sorry. I was a foolish child. I hope, you can forgive me for my transactions against you."

Akari nodded her head and left with Dean. They made their way to Delan's home next and Delan did not know where Rin could of gone as well. He too wrote up a list of places where Rin liked to hang out and also sent men to walk the streets to see if they could find him.

"Coordinate with Donovan with the men you send out to minimize the confusion and ensure that the places you guys are searching do not overlap." Akari told Delan. "Send word to me and Rin's parents if you find out anything about Rin's whereabouts. Anything at all."

"Of course." Delan agreed.

Once Akari walked out of Delan's home, Akari and Dean split up the list and headed out on their own. They agreed to meet thee hours later at Cafe Winter. What Akari did not tell Dean was that her gut was telling her that something went terribly wrong.

Akari took a look at Donovan's list and began searching for Rin at each establishment. There was a list of five businesses. Two of them were restaurants, one of them was a bookstore, and the last one was a bar. Akari quickly went to the restaurants first and received the same answer that none of them saw Rin last night and have not seen him there for at least a month.

When she went to the bookstore, there was only an elderly man working at the counter and there were no one else inside. The elderly man had a hunch back and wore a button up shirt that looked like it had been washed thoroughly throughout the years that the color that it once was had washed out and now it was a light worn out grey. He wore brown suspenders and black slacks. His wrinkly face held round glasses and thin lips that perpetually frowned.

When Akari opened the door, the bell that hung above the door rang. The old man looked up from the pile of books he just received and his frown deepened when he saw Akari.

"Is there something that I can help you with, young lady?" The old man said as he pushed his thick glasses up to look at Akari. His eyes squinted at Akari before relaxing.

"Yes." Akari said as she walked up to the old man. "I am a friend of Rin Noboru."

"Ah, yes, Lord Rin. Yes. I remember him." The old man said as he nodded his head.

"Have you seen him since yesterday?" Akari asked.

"Why do you ask?" The old man questioned.

"His parents, Duke Obara and Duchess Riho has not seen him since yesterday and they are worried. They asked me to help find him and I was told from his good friend Donovan that Rin like to come to this bookstore a lot. So I was wondering if you have seen him yesterday or today."

The old man looked at Akari for some time before answering her.

"How come I've never seen you around before?" The old man asked as if he was wary of Akari's intentions.

"I don't go out that much." Akari answered him. "And besides, I have not lived here for the past five years."

"Who did you say you were?" The old man asked.

"I haven't introduced myself to you yet." Akari told him as she took a deep breath to control her impatience. "My name is Akari Ayame. Daughter to Duke Jona and Duchess Emi."

The old man paused for some time before his eyes sharpened. It was as if he finally realized who she was.

"Ah, I remember now." The old man sighed heavily as he clapped his hand together. "I heard that you are the genius child of Duke Jona and Duchess Emi. The one who was tested and held four abilities. You have been gone the last five years for your mage training, isn't that right?"

"Yes, sir." Akari answered as she held in her impatience. She smiled at the old man, but the smile didn't reach her eyes.

"I've heard that you just gotten married to your Mage Teacher, is that correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"Ah, congratulations! Congratulations!"

"Thank you, sir. About Rin....".

"Ah yes, about Lord Rin." The old man said as he took out a handkerchief from his pocket to wipe his glasses. Once he was done he placed the thick glasses on his face again and squinted at Akari before placing the handkerchief back inside of his pocket. "I did see him yesterday."

"When?" Akari asked as she stepped one step closer to him.

"After lunch, I had just opened up the shop back up and he was already waiting by the door. He seemed to be in a rush."

"Did he say anything?" Akari asked as she took another step closer.

"Not really. Just greeted me as usual, then he quickly went to the back and looked through some books before leaving."

"Do you know where in the back he went to?"

The old man shook his head no. "Sorry, but no. My old age and legs has prevented me from walking too much. All I do here is sort out the books that just arrived for the day and make transactions between customers. I usually have a hired hand that works here part time, but Wendy did not come in today. Said that she was sick."

"Do you know which section Lord Rin usually goes to?"

"Yes, he usually looks over the selves that are meant for history books." The old man answered.

"Thank you." Akari made her way towards the back of the bookstore, where it seemed as if there were less windows and lighting. It became darker and darker as she walked towards the section that held up a sign that said History.

Akari did not like the feeling she got when entering the dark corner of the bookstore. Her senses were tingling as if someone was watching her every movement. When she reached the history section she entered the aisle as she made her way to the middle, she kept her eyes on the shelves, trying to figure out which one Rin took an interest in it.

Akari's eyes squinted at the dust that had accumulated on the shelves. They have not been wiped down in a long time. Akari looked for any books that were moved and found three books that had been moved.

The first book was a history of Hiryir. Akari quickly flipped through the pages to see if anything was left inside of the book, but to her discontent, she found nothing. Flipping through the book again she quickly stopped to the middle of the book where there was a break down of the royal family tree. Akari quickly reviewed the royal family tree before putting it back.

The second book she found was on the bottom shelf. It's royal blue and gold binding caught her eyes and as she bent down to pull it out of the shelf, she heard the bell on the door ring as someone came inside. The book in Akari's hand was a history of royal families who died by poison. It went into detail of who the person was and how they died. It also broke down the poison they they were given.

Flipping through the book, Akari stopped when she saw the corner of the page was folded and folded back. The marked page told the history of King Maraj who was bespelled by Noble Concubine Whitney. How she was able to dethrone the Queen in six months and become the next Queen. It was only after twenty years that King Maraj broke the love spell and condemned Queen Whitney, her family and nine generations of her family to death.

Akari read over the love spell ingredients and what took her by surprise was that the love spell could only be concocted by a water and lightning mage who was also an elite healer.

Akari closed the book and quickly found the third book. It was a history of the current royal family, King Garrett and Queen Maya. The book broke down both the King and Queen's family tree and included the King and Queens accomplishments.

While flipping through the book, she heard steps coming towards her way. Akari closed the book and placed it back where it belonged. She quickly headed towards the end of the aisle and turned left, making her way towards the other end of the corner. She wanted to be as far away from the history corner as possible.

Akari quickly made another left and saw she was in the cookbook aisle and took random books out as she walked back towards the front of the bookstore. The footsteps that Akari heard had stopped right before the history aisle. Akari took a peak to see who it was, however even with her heightened mage eyes, the woman wore a hat that had a veil to cover her face.

The moment the woman entered the history asile, Akari left the cookbook aisle. She made her way back towards the old man until she heard something creak and shift as if a door opened. Stopping in her tracks Akari kicked herself for not secretly watching the mysterious woman.

Making her way back to the history aisle, Akari could not see anyone. She quickly walked each aisle and could not find anyone there. Kicking herself for losing a clue that could help her and Rin, Akari determined that she would come back with Dean and find the hidden door.

Akari placed the books in her hand on a random shelf and walked towards the old man.

"Did you find what you needed?" The Old Man asked.

"No." Akari told him. "It was a shot in the dark, but thank you anyway."

"No problem, any time. And should I see Young Lord Rin, I will tell him that his family and friends are looking for him."

"Thank you."

"Please do come again."

"Thank you, I will." Akari said as she left the bookstore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.1K 2.9K 41
"You say you cannot love," she told her once, gazing into her eyes as an equal. "And so I will love for you. I will love you enough for the both of u...
30.7K 988 17
[DISCONTINUED] Beyond expectation between life and death, I know nothing about the truth, for my past remains unknown, a secret I cannot unveil, my m...
73.9K 2.2K 82
After dying the typical Isekai death our young protagonist won an after death prize. Where he gets to explore fiction and develop his powers to becom...
102K 6.1K 25
【 ꜰᴏʀᴍᴇʀ ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ! ꜰ. ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ x ᴍ!ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ 】 This world has never feel real to you, especially when you found yourself obsessed with a certain boy in th...