She's Different

By swabreenaadett

She was something else. Rare.A modern Scottish Princess whom everyone adores within seconds. But not everyon... More

Episode 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
..
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Episode 2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Something just came up.
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Episode 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
CHAPTER 39
Chapter 41
EPISODE 4
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
EPISODE 5
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Apologies
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
EPISODE 6
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 33

26 3 0
By swabreenaadett

"Look who's here?" Leslie said as she opened the door for Dwight who stood at the doorstep.

"Hi Mrs Anderson." Dwight greeted calmly.

"Hello,come on in. We've been waiting for you." Leslie offered a warm smile as she led him inside to the dining area.

Dawn and Victoria were already seated at the table impatiently waiting for him to arrive.

"Thank God you're here. I was starving." Dawn said as she grabbed a plate.

Dwight gave Victoria a small wink and she gracefully smiled back looking away shyly to the table.

Dawn saw what happened.

Love birds!

She groaned at this. At that point all she wanted was just food.

Dwight sat next to Leslie and Dawn next to Victoria.

Without wasting time they all served themselves the green colored pasta with fried chicken.

"So Dawn. About that exquisite kiss you shared with....what's his name again?" Leslie started the conversation.

Dawn was pissed at this.

"Mum stop it." She whined at her.

"Oh yes. I remember now. Danny." Leslie proceeded.

The kids looked at each other with embarrassment.

Dwight couldn't believe what he heard. Did Danny just kiss Dawn?

What? Where? Why? And when?

He decided to clear his throat.

"Great." Dawn growled.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Leslie went on as she held her glass of red wine clearly knowing that Dawn was pissed off at this because of the glare that she gave her was...horrifying.

"No he's not." Dawn snapped at her.

"I'm sorry to interfere but I don't get a thing here. I mean you and Danny kissed?" Dwight shook his head.

"Yes we did." Dawn shrugged.

"Wow!" Dwight smiled. "He didn't tell me about it." He went on as he wiped his lips with the serviette that was placed on the table.

"Perhaps he will tell you about it later." Victoria jumped in the conversation awkwardly sipping her juice.

"So are you two just hooking up?" Leslie continued to ask.

Dawn was bothered by her questions.

Not only is she nosy but she is a pesterer as well. Dawn thought to herself.

She put her fork down and and slid adjusted her sitting position by sitting straight with her arms on the table.

"Mum,stay out of this. You're embarrassing me in front of his cousin."

"Which cousin?" Leslie furrowed her eyebrows while looking around the room.

"Me." Dwight half rose his hand.

"Oh I see." Leslie nodded her head. "That's why you don't wanna talk about it."

"Actually I don't wanna talk about this with you." Dawn said.

"Why? I am your mother."Leslie smirked.

"Yeah but its not like as if you always tell me what's going on in your life." Dawn clamoured at her mother.

"Meaning?" Leslie was confused.

"You never talk mum. You never tell me anything. You never even gave me a good reason as to why dad left us. So don't bug me out when it comes to my love life." Dawn spoke angrily going on ahead with her meal.

The others knew that it was a family fight and didn't want to interfere. There's nothing they could do about it anyway.

Leslie heavily sighed.

"But Dawn am just trying to look out for you."

"No you're not." She snapped back. "You're only trying to look out for yourself. So cut it out with the acting mum. You know what...am sure there's a good reason as to why dad left you for a mistress.!"

Everyone at the table gasped.
Dwight who was having his drink coughed it out and Victoria who was drowning her pasta inside almost choked it all out except for Leslie who was hurt by her daughter's words.

She pushed her seat backwards and got out of her chair and rushed to her room.

Victoria and Dwight were shocked at Dawns behaviour. This was so not the Dawn they knew.

"You should go apologise Dawn." Victoria told her softly not wanting to make her more mad.

"No. She should apologise to me for being so nosy in my life. I mean its my damn love life not hers." Dawn angrily spread the ketchup sauce on her food Almost smearing it on the table.

"But she still is your mother. Whatever you just did Dawn was completely disrespectful. Just go apologise immediately." Dwight added.

"He's right Dawn. You go say sorry." Victoria half smiled at her.

Dawn grunted at their persistence and walked away from the dining upset and headed to her mother's room while calling her.

Victoria flipped her hair sideways as they both watched her leave.

"Sorry you had to see that."

"There's no need to apologise. It happens most of the times with my dad too." Dwight replied.

"Really? You fight with your dad?" Victoria exclaimed as she touched the candle stick.

"Yeah almost everyday. You have no idea. It gets so crazy." He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. Me too. I fight with my mum sometimes. It really is crazy."

"Yeah. I guess that's just part of growing up right?"

"Yeah. Its part of life." Victoria smiled at him.

"Cute smile." He commented making her blush.

"Thanks for the compliment." She tucked her hair behind her ears.

She then stood up and started to clear the table Dwight helping her out.

"So..um. Shall we begin?" Victoria asked him.

"Yes sure." He nodded in a smile.

"Let's go to the living room then." She suggested and Dwight followed her behind.

________

Leslie's bedroom door was open.
Dawn saw her mum lay on her bed holding a picture frame of her and a six year old Dawn.

She saw her mother troll down tears from her eyes while sniffling. She quietly approached her and sat next to her.

"Mum..I'm really sorry." She was polite.

"For what?" Leslie was trying to be calm.

"For lashing out on you like that. Especially in front of Dwight."

"Dawn. You did not just lash at me. You insulted me and made me look like a bad mum and that's not respectful." Leslie said as she rose from the bed to sit upright her head on the headboard.

"I know I was being disrespectful and for that I am truly sorry. I got carried away. It's just that something like this has never happened to me before and I feel like its all overwhelming." Dawn explained looking at her mother with her best puppy cute looks hoping she'd forgive her.

Leslie took Dawns hands into hers and intertwined their fingers.

"So you've never been kissed before?"

"Never." She shook her head.

"Now I get it. So that kiss was all exciting for you right?" Leslie teased her making her blush.

"Typically." She rolled her eyes.

"So you two just made out and he's not even your boyfriend?"

Dawn sighed. What did she get herself into. It was just an apology not a reason to ask so many questions.

"I've always had a crush on him since the day I joined Los Calabasas. So I'm not sure if he's gonna ask me to be his girlfriend or not." She rubbed her forehead making sure not to say any thing wrong for she didn't wanna repeat herself.

"I'm sure he'll ask you." Leslie squeezed her hands.

"How do you know that?" Dawn furrowed her eyebrows. 

Leslie held her daughter's chin and looked at her in her eyes seeing how marvellous her blue eyes sparkled.

"Because you're stunning. So pretty that Miss World would get jealous."

Dawn laughed at this letting go of her hands from her mother's tight grip.

"You're over reacting."

Leslie put Dawns hair back and touched her cheeks saying,"I forgive you Dawn. And I hope you forgive me too if you think I've never been too close enough to tell you what goes on in my life. I just love you so much that's why I hide certain things from you to avoid you getting worried."

Dawn chuckled.
Wow it took her so long to say that I'm forgiven. She thought.

But she love what her mother said to her. At least she was being sincere.

"First...stop squeezing my cheeks that hard and second,I love you too mum. And I promise to be a good daughter and never treat you badly like that ever again." She then hugged her mother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.7K 9.1K 68
නුඹ නිසා දැවුණි.....💙 නුඹෙන් මා නිවෙමි......💙
4M 86.4K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
111K 1.6K 30
Nagkataon naman na ang dumating na jeep ay lima nalamang ang kasya, kaya nauna ng pumasok si mama sumunod naman sina kuya tanner, mac at kuya Cedric...
38.8K 1.6K 18
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 🏆