The Love Triangle (Book #1)

By Dusk2Dawn

**This book is completed but will be edited immensely later (by which it may be very different to the origina... More

Chapter 1 - Riley
Chapter 2 - The New Guy
Chapter 3 - Unexpected
Chapter 4 - Thinking Things
Chapter 5 - Pain At The Party
Chapter 6 - The Day After Yesterday
Chapter 7 - Daddy's Back
Chapter 8 - Aching Inside
Chapter 9 - Heated Up
Chapter 10 - Bonding Time
Chapter 12 - Back To Hell
Chapter 13 - Breaking Point
Chapter 14 - Accidents Happen
Chapter 15 - Familiar Eyes
Chapter 16 - Resting Attack
Chapter 17 - Twisted
Chapter 18 - No Going Back
Chapter 19 - Inner Wolf
Chapter 20 - Punishment Or Reward
Chapter 21 - Dumb Pretty Girl
Chapter 22 - The Chase
Chapter 23 - Too Far
Chapter 24 - Mine
Chapter 25 - All About You
Chapter 26 - Friend Or Foe
Chapter 27 - Whispers
Chapter 28 - Unbelievable
Chapter 29 - Muted
Chapter 30 - Playing The Role
Chapter 31 - Return
Chapter 32 - Misunderstandings
Chapter 33 - Countdown
Chapter 34 - Time
Chapter 35 - Alpha Owned
The Love Triangle - Epilogue

Chapter 11 - Hidden

18.4K 599 80
By Dusk2Dawn

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

We were parked outside of my house when I turned to Jamie.

"Hey, listen, don't tell mom about this, okay?" he nodded in response. "Are you going to be okay by yourself?"

"Umm," he scrunched up his face in concentration, I smiled knowing that that was something he had inherited from me. "Can I stay over at Luke's?"

"Uhm, yeah. I'll pick you up and we'll go home together."

"Where are you going?"

I looked at Tristan, he looked at me back, and then we both turned to Jamie.

"Oh, I, er, I'm going to stay at Lizzie's for a while, okay?"

"Okay. Bye!" he got out the car and ran over to Riley's house.

"Have fun!" I called out to him, but he had already gone. "Let's go."

"Where to?" Tristan replied.

"Your house." he nodded in response and made his way to his house. I felt myself nodding off and soon I was asleep. Why was I so tired all of a sudden?

I felt the car coming to a stop and a pair of strong arms pick me up, before I knew it I was placed on the sofa. Unintentionally, I let my mind wander into a dream.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

My head was bursting in pain, it felt as if my brain was about to explode. I lifted my head up with all the effort I have, and realized I wasn't in Tristan's house anymore. I gingerly opened my eyes and everything was so white, I was nearly blinded by the sight. It was like mist and smoke everywhere. Then from both sides, two wolves were leaping at eachother and met eachother halfway. They growled and lunged at eachother's throats.

By now, I was sure my heart must've stopped beating from all the brutal fighting giving me a live show. More wolves came and fought eachother for God knows what.

I stood up, careful not to let any of them see me. They didn't notice, maybe they couldn't see me. Without realizing what I was doing, I walked forward right into the heart of the fight, but it didn't make a difference. It was as though they were ghosts or holograms because they just went right through me and I didn't even feel a thing. I kept walking and stopped when I saw trees.

Someone was leaning against one of the trees. Someone really familar. But the person he was kissing was not so familar. Tristan was leaning against the trunk of a tree with a brunette sucking on his lips. My heart literally broke into a million pieces, tears welled up in my eyes and a lump rose in my throat.

He opened his eyes while kissing her, looked at me and smirked against her lips. I clenched my fists at my sides, trying to stop myself from ripping her off of him and punching her so hard she landed in Russia. He removed himself off of her and kept smirking at me, as if it was the most funniest joke in the world. The next few words he said was the ones I would never ever forget in my entire life.

"I don't want you Scar." he admitted, clear and loud, like he had been waiting a long time to say it.

I couldn't reply, I couldn't even find my voice. I felt arms wrap around me, foolishly hoping that it would be him, I turned around and found myself staring at someone else. It was the guy with green eyes.

"Stay with me." he whispered as he removed a strand of hair from my face. I was almost expecting a growl from Tristan, something that would tell me there was still a part of him that was in love with me. But all there was was silence. And pain as I looked up to the guy that I knew I would never want as much as Tristan.

I closed my eyes, hoping that God forgot to write down my existence.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

I woke up panting and crying as I bolted up in a sitting position. My hair was a mess covering half of my face and someone had covered me with a blanket. I looked up from the blanket and at a worried Tristan. I sighed in relief, acknowledging the fact that it was just a dream. Immediately I felt Tristan by my side staring at me in concern.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I nodded, hoping it was true.

"Maybe you should get some more rest." he stated, not believing me. But I didn't want to go to sleep. Not after that.

"No, really, I'm fine." I tried to stand up and finally succeeded. "I think I'm just hungry... have you got any chocolate?"

He smiled at me and next thing I knew, I was resting on his bed and he was giving me chocolate. I took it and snuggled up to the pillow. He crawled in and put his hands behind his head, like he was trying to keep his hands to himself. I nibbled on the chocolate, feeling the taste of it water my mouth, I soon finished it.

"Tristan, what time is it?" I asked, if it was around eight or nine, I needed to go, my mom left home at seven thirty for work and I had school tomorrow.

"Uh, eight, I think."

"I need to go." I replied apologetically. He turned to me instantly and his eyes widened before he answered me.

"What, why?" I smiled at his quick voice.

"I have school tomorrow and I have a bunch of things to do." I got up and started to look for my dress. I found it and ran to the bathroom to change before he could stop me. I put it on before I remembered I couldn't zip it up, I walked back into the room, holding it in place.

"Tristan?" he looked up with a questioning look. I turned around so he could see my unzipped back. I felt him get up and come over to me. He zipped it back slowly like he was memorizing every move. When he was finished and we both stood there in silence, he wrapped his arms around my waist and held me to him.

"Scar..." he started, smelling my hair. "Can you give me your phone number?"

"Sure." I gave him my phone number and went downstairs to find my shoes. I put my high heels on and opened the door. "Tristan hurry up!"

He came running down the stairs and all of a sudden, threw me over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?! Let me go!" I repeatedly punched his back with my fists and frantically waved my legs up in the air.

"Please, don't tell me you're not enjoying this." he scoffed.

"I am not enjoying this." I replied with a straight face and dull tone while crossing my arms over his shoulder.

"Liar." he answered back, making my lips twitch into a smile.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked because I could see the car and we weren't going towards it.

"To your house." he replied simply, walking to the forest and carrying as if I was a feather.

"Don't wolf on me." he laughed and twisted me around so that now I was clinging onto his back for dear life. He started to run so fast, I could only see the blurs of the trees that we ran past. I closed my eyes and allowed the wind to attack my hair. When he slowed down, I opened my eyes and saw my house in view.

"Uh, Scar, you can get down now."

"I'm not sure I want to." I mumbled and he grinned. He removed me from his back and checked to see if I was okay then folded me in a bone-crushing hug.

"Thanks for this weekend." he muttered in my hair.

"You're welcome... when will I see you again?" I asked, desperate for the answer.

"Mmm... how about tomorrow you come over to Riley's?" he suggested, trying to hide the excitement in his voice... and failed.

"Sure."

We stayed like that for a while, the forest never looked more beautiful to me now that I was in Tristan's arms.

"Scar..."

"Tristan..."

He hesitated.

"Bye." he whispered against my hair, and letting go.

"Bye." I knew he wanted to say something else but I could only imagine what. I smiled at him and looked at him one last time before turning back and making my way to the house.

I could hear loud noises coming from inside, what had Jamie been up to?

Oh wait, I needed to pick up Jamie from Riley's. I walked over to their door and knocked on it. There was sounds of running feet and Luke opened the door.

"Hey, is Jamie here?" I asked, peering round. Luke leant against the frame and looked at me.

"He's coming, so maybe we could have some fun." I raised my eyebrow at him and blinked. Did he even know what that actually meant?

Jamie soon appeared and stepped out the door.

"Hmm... maybe when you're older." I said as I laughed and ruffled Luke's hair, he scowled at me and closed the door on us.

Me and Jamie walked over to our house in silence, but that didn't matter because the loud noises coming from inside could be heard even if a plane crashed outside.

"What's going on?" Jamie asked.

"I don't know." I replied. "It sounds like... people shouting. Mom should be at work by now."

I looked under the mat and opened the door to hear Mom's voice and a man's shouting at eachother. I looked at Jamie and he looked at me, I closed the door and the voices stopped. Mom came storming up to, her face red and her hair a haystack.

"Where were you?!" she shouted, her face up in mine.

"Umm, at Lizzie's house." normally, I'm an awesome liar but I stopped being awesome when I thought they already knew and right now, I was just mumbling.

"You weren't, were you?" I couldn't reply as a man came through the kitchen door, a man too familiar to forget.

Dad.

He looked more old than the last time I saw him. He had formed wrinkles and his hair was just starting to go grey. He smiled at me but it didn't reach his eyes and I stared back with an astounded face.

What is he doing here?!

He probably told her about Tristan!

Oh god.

My heart began to hammer in my chest and I felt the colour drain from my face. I just needed to tell the truth, there was no point lying.

"No, I wasn't." I admitted, returning to reality.

"Who were you with?" my mom asked, trying to calm down.

"My mate. But you would know about that, wouldn't you mom?"

She didn't say anything. Well, she hadn't told me about this ever so I guess I had a right to talk about it now.

"Where did you learn that word?" she asked sternly.

"I'm not a child, mom." I mumbled back, meeting her eyes.

"How do you know about that? How do you - how do you, know about mates?" she said, stuttering, completely ignoring my last remark.

"I met mine." I replied simply and she didn't reply for a while.

"Oh."

"What is he doing here?" I asked, indicating to the man I pretended I didn't know.

"He came here to tell me about your mate."

"Why? He doesn't need to do anything." I said harshly at him, turning my disgusted gaze on him. He narrowed his eyes at me, not liking my tone, but I didn't care, he was nothing to me.

"I'm your father." he spoke for the first time, I felt like laughing out loud! He really thought that?

"And you think that changes things? What kind of father leaves his whole family for a random slut? Plus you were drunk, how would you even know if she was your mate or not? You might be my dad, but I will never want to be your daughter."

There was a silence. Wow, that was deep. But I still didn't soften my hard face and continued to glare at him.

"She is not a slut. And that's a bit rich coming from you." he made out through clenched teeth. I realized I wasn't in the best of outfits to meet my long-time-no-see father in.

"Please, you picked her up at a what, strip club?"

"Enough!" mom and Jamie both jumped at the sound of his voice but I didn't even flinch. "Well, I wonder what you and Tristan got up to in his house."

My face went red which made me look really bad eventhough we didn't even do much.

"That is none of your business! You aren't a part of this family anymore!" I shouted at him.

"All he's going to do is hurt you!"

"How would you know? You're probably too busy with the person you left your whole family for!"

"He's known as the player of players!" he shouted, completely ignoring most of what I said.

"So, are you jealous he took up your title?" I shot back.

He growled at me and I glared at him.

"Jamie, go up to your room." mom ordered Jamie calmly. Jamie, nervously appeared behind of me and ran up the stairs. I crossed my arms and looked at both of them.

"Stay away from him, Scar, he's not good for you." he said.

"Is that why your pack stalked us yesterday?"

"Your pack did what?" mom said alarmed.

"Yeah, they said he wanted to 'talk' to us."

"I'm just going to leave, I came here to put things right and if you don't-" he said in a loud voice, already making his way towards the door when I interrupted him.

"You mean to say, you come here after 10 years, thinking that your betrayal was ever forgivable? You've done too much wrong to make it right now. Just go and don't come back, you're not wanted here."

"Fine. But mark my words Scarlett, Tristan is not right for you, and when he hurts you, I'll be back."

I scoffed at his words and waited until he went out the door, then I ran up the stairs without a second glance at my mom or the door.

Tristan would never hurt me.

I took my shoes off, changed into my PJ's and threw myself onto the bed. I tried to clear my mind of what had had happened with 'dad' and wondered if tomorrow could be any better.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Bonjour!

Soooo... how was it?

A bit heartless but, I liked the fight between her and her dad... powerful lines. :D

Btw, my next upload will be a little late, seeing that I'm not allowed to go on the laptop; I'll give you a strawberry if you keep it a secret, okay? Haha L. :D

Thank you for reading.

Anyway,

Fan.

Vote.

Comment.

Spread the story.

~Dusk2Dawn~

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 6.9K 30
(Book one in the "Cold-blooded Love" series.) "I want to get back at Sierra, and I know you do too. Can you shove aside your hatred for me for a mome...
138K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...
651K 34.1K 36
[IMPORTANT SEQUEL ALERT: Book #2 of 'The Lost One' Series] Love. That's what they had. He loved her and she loved him. Kaiden had never been as pro...
552 30 31
"You do have quite the temper." I whispered and saw him look down and laugh. When he looked up, he stepped closer to me and we were an inch apart. I...