The Assassin's Daughter

By katershorse

Serilda learns her father used to be an assassin and wishes to continue that legacy. Her father refuses to tr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 The Promise
Chapter 2 Serilda
Chapter 3 Denied
Chapter 4 Runaway
Chapter 5 The Journey
Chapter 6 Trial By Fire
Chapter 7 Conquer Fears
Chapter 8 Weapon of Choice
Chapter 9 Making Her Blades
Chapter 11 Graduation
Chapter 12 Return
Chapter 13 Acceptance
Chapter 14 The Search
Chapter 15 Confrontation
Chapter 16 Early Return
Chapter 17 Tai
Chapter 18 Reflection
Chapter 19 A Cold Response
Chapter 20 From The Heart
Chapter 21 Happiness Returned
Chapter 22 The Trail
Chapter 23 The Nightmare
Chapter 24 Discovery
Chapter 25 Reality
Chapter 26 The Ending
Chapter 27 Goodbye
Bonus-The Letter
Something Else

Chapter 10 The Fury Blades of Seri

3K 163 3
By katershorse

Months passed from the night she constructed her blade after arguing with her master on the matter he finally conceded realizing that she was too stubborn to train with anything else. Serilda's words to his claim of stubbornness were "You say stubborn I say determined. It's a matter of perspective master."

Since that night she had focused on the skills to use both blades in battle. Master Zion hadn't realized how much he missed teaching and soon started taking in more students.

It had been nearly a year and a half since Serilda came to him.

Now in the courtyard of the master's property Serilda is continuing her training with the twin blades. Sparring with a fellow pupil.

"Serilda stand up straight and fight Mara using both blades. You must use your blades as extensions of yourself." He instructed firmly circling the two girls. Both covered in sweat and breathing heavily. The unyielding sun beaming down on their exposed bodies. Taking their stance of defense they circle each other waiting for the other to strike first. Serilda holds her left blade up facing Mara while the other is held straight across her abdomen.

Not pulling her eyes from her opponent she acknowledges her teacher's instruction.

"Yes, master." Serilda grunts taking careful steps. Mara chose to learn double-bladed Scythe but first, she has to learn how to use a staff.

Serilda has become more in tune with herself she's faster, stronger, and more skilled than the girl she once was.

She has a gift that the master has seen only in one other, her father. Though he did not teach him he trained alongside him for many years. However, after the war, their paths did not cross again.

The fury and passion that pulses through her into the blades are so overwhelming and powerful that the blades once the silver color has changed to a black with emerald green shimmer. The immense power is too much for one blade, the two blades together take fair amounts of the energy. This transfer of her chi into the blades is an ancient skill that he has not seen before. The blade's transformation is similar to the blades of Machi but these blades are different they are forged not with power or rage like Mach no they are transformed by the passion and fury that Serilda has honed into a powerful weapon that few would be able to withstand. This is so rare and unique that the blades have the honor of gaining a title just as Machi's did. These are the fury blades of Seri.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 7.8K 31
Braylon Ryder is 15 years old and lives the perfect life. Beautiful, athletic, smart, good grades and lots of friends. Or so everyone thinks. What...
124 1 33
Pasha Allen is back. And she's on a mission. To uncover the names of her attackers who played a brutal role in her abduction and vicious assault over...
135 3 10
After witnessing a murder she shouldn't have Morgan finds herself in a downward spiral. She knows it's not right but she can't help the feelings she...
Fire Dragon By Recklis

Mystery / Thriller

138K 7K 25
(NON-TEEN)* Declan O' Brien was one of Sphinx's top agents. Young, alone and in trouble with the law, they're his only chance at any kind of life...