Camp Hell

By forever_Jen_

Lauren Underwood's main goal as a senior was to graduate high school. Who would have known that her goal woul... More

Chapter 1- It Started With A Bang
Chapter 2- The Aftermath
Chapter 3- The Prophecy
Chapter 4- Mistakes
Chapter 5- He'll Heal
Chapter 6- Breathe
Chapter 7- Don't Be Afraid To Have Sex With Her Tonight
Chapter 8- We Couldn't Stop The Greater Evil
Chapter 9- It Wasn't Me
Chapter 10- Scream
Chapter 11- You'll Never Escape
Chapter 12- Gone
Chapter 13- Come And Get Me Bitch
Chapter 15- Stop Lying
Chapter 16- STOP
Chapter 17- I'm Sorry
Chapter 18- You Couldn't Stop It From Happening
Chapter 19- I Agree
Chapter 20- Let Me Out
Chapter 21- Guns, Knifes, and Casey
Chapter 22- How Could You
Chapter 23- We're Stronger Together
Chapter 24- It's Not Over
Chapter 25- We're Going To War
Chapter 26- They Found Us
Chapter 27- How Do You Know
Chapter 28- Game On
Chapter 29- You Finally Figured It Out
Chapter 30- I Should've Killed You When I Had The Chance
Chapter 31- We Live
Cast list with powers

Chapter 14- There Was Nothing I Could Do

44 2 0
By forever_Jen_

Grayson's POV
The last thing I remember is getting pushed in separate directions by a powerful force. I need to get out of here.

I went to get up but I was restrained. There were chains attached to my whole body. "YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" A voice that I recognize as Kyle's shouts.

"Kyle?! Kyle where are you!" I scream. "I'M HERE GRAY!"

"GUYS! YOU NEED TO WARN WREN!" Piper screams. "GUYS? WHERE ARE YOU?" Nick shouts in response.

"Ugh please stop with the shouting! You're right next to each other." With the wave of her hand we were all able to see each other. We were all chained up in a line next to each other.

I heard moaning come from next to me. It was Wren, she looked badly hurt. "Well finally! The princess is awake!"

Lauren's POV
I felt weak. I could barely see, and I couldn't move a muscle. I couldn't even react when I saw everyone chained up next to me. But what really made me snap into reality was when I saw who was behind this.

"Are we dead?" I ask Gray, he shakes his head. "Oh no Wren. You are very much alive, as am I. As we all are" I recognized that voice. It was the voice that I knew I would never forget.

"Clara?"

"Yes Wren, remember me? I'm the girl you left for dead." She growls, everyone looks at me uneasily. "What is she talking about?" Piper questions uneasily, I shake my head as Clara laughs.

"You haven't told them? Oh wow this is priceless! Well let me educate you about the night that I was pronounced dead. You see, there was a drunk driver but they didn't hit us, Wren was the drunk driver. But I'm guessing you didn't know that. But what you also don't know is that she had a choice between saving me or her brother and she chose him. But he was already dead! I on the other hand was clinging on for my life. She left me to die!"

"So this is what all of this has been about? You killed all of those people, and you've been torturing us, all for revenge on her? Are you fucking kidding me?!" Grayson shouts, Clara shakes her head and laughs.

"It's not just revenge on her. It's revenge for all of us as well." We all looked at her as if she had three heads. But once we saw the others come out of the shadows, everything made sense.

"You see, I didn't know I was a witch until I died, or at least I thought I did. Apparently my powers had saved me. Once I learned how to control them, I set my plan for revenge. All of you act like these perfect human beings when you are all in fact awful. So I figured that you all would be the perfect targets. So I planted the bomb in the campground and I moved the Quijia board with telekinesis so that you would believe I was helping you. Then I set up the video about the prophecy and gave you all powers that I knew would destroy you. See, Beth here was never part of the plan. But once I dug a little deeper into her past, the plan was fool proof."

"But why bring them back?" Nick questions, motioning towards all of those we have done wrong.

Kyle's sister Abby, A guy I'm assuming is Beth's brother, Nick's brother Ethan, Piper's ex boyfriend Dean, and Clara. All of whom were pronounced dead.

What the hell is going on?

"This is all part of your test." Clara replied with a smirk. Confusion struck everyone but me. I realized what she was trying to do. "Test what test?"

"A test to see if we live or die."

"You were always so smart Wren. Maybe those smarts will be what keeps you alive. Your tests start now." Clara snapped her fingers and we were all dropped down from the floor.

Nick's POV
When I managed to get up, I was still chained. But I was also alone. "Dominic" At the sound of the whisper, I turned to look all around. There's no way in hell I'm letting this thing get me. Not now, not ever.

"Nick! Nick! Nick!" All of a sudden I was in the middle of our high school football field in my uniform running to catch the ball, people were chanting my name. I managed to nudge Ethan out of the way in order to catch the ball. Once I did, I carried it out into the end zone and everyone started cheering.

Once I saw Wren and Piper come up and hug me in cheerleader uniforms, I already knew where I was. The championship game in sophomore year.

I turned to give Wren a kiss but all of a sudden her face had started to decay and she looked like Ethan when we carried his body out of the fire.

"Why did you let me die Nick?"

All of a sudden I was back in the pitch black room. "I didn't let you die! Grayson tried everything he could but-"

"Bullshit! You all could've saved me, you just chose not to. Piper could've healed me, you could've healed me, Wren could've fucking healed me! But you all let me die. Guess I shouldn't even be surprised, you always left me out to rot."

"That's not true." Ethan comes out of the shadows chuckling evilly. "That's funny considering you never included me in anything. You never gave me any of the glory! You got the girl. You got the friends. You were the freakin star of our high school!"

"That's not my fault Ethan."

"Yes it was. And you proved who you're loyal to when you decided to help Wren the night of the explosion instead of me." Ethan shouted angrily, I shake my head.

"What's wrong? Are you getting angry? Are you finally realizing what you did to me?! At that game, you pushed me out of the way so you could catch the ball and bask in the glory. At home, you tried to be the hero and protect mom from dad but you let ME get the beatings from him instead! And that night, you ran in because Wren came in and tried to save me. You ran in to save her and you let me die Nick! Is it ringing any bells yet?!"

"No!" I scream, he laughs.

"Oh yeah? Then why are you getting angry huh? That's because you're remembering. You deserve to remember everything you did." All of a sudden I felt a stabbing pain in my head. When I opened my eyes, I was thirteen watching my drunk father hurt my mother.

"You need to stop this Sam! We have children to take care of. What kind of example do you think you're setting for them."

"Shut up bitch!" My father shouts, raising his hand and bringing it against my mother's face. "We have to stop them." I was pulled back by Ethan who was shaking his head.

"Not yet."

"Not yet? Are you crazy? She could get seriously injured!" He motioned for me to be quiet and pointed back to the two of them.

"How dare you talk to me like that! Ever since Molly died you have been drinking your days away. You have two other children too and they need a father. But I guess that is not you. I want you out by morning Sam. Take your shit and get the fuck out of my house!" He punched her straight in the face which sent her flying down to the floor.

She was knocked out and he kept kicking her. That's when Ethan and I stepped in. "Get away from her!" I tackled our father to the ground and started punching him. He threw me off of him and smirked.

"You pack a hard punch kid. But my is harder." He punched me straight in the jaw, I felt a stinging pain fly through me. "Nick, you're bleeding!" Ethan says apprehensively, I turn back and give him a pleading look.

"Go back upstairs boy." Dad shouts at Ethan, he shakes his head. "No."

"What did you just say?!"

"Ethan go!" I shout, he shakes his head. "I won't do it."

"Then close your eyes." Our father went to charge at him but I punched him right in the gut. It was as if nothing fazed him. He punched me so hard that I fell to the floor. Ethan came running to my aid.

"You better run boy." Dad threatens Ethan, Ethan looks at me, I nod. "Go." I said weakly. Without another word Ethan ran to hide. It wasn't long before our father caught up with him.

It was hours before Ethan stopped screaming.

I felt a tear fall down my face. "Why are you doing this to me?!" I shout at Ethan, he chuckles. "Because I want you to pay worse then I ever did. You want to feel pain? I can make that happen. Let's take you back to the night you let me die."

Within seconds we were back at the campground.

"I don't like this, can we please just say goodbye and put the board away?" Piper asks, freaking out. "No, I want to know!"

"Kyle get over yourself! Wren is hysterical in tears, Beth looks like she's in a trance, Piper is freaking out and frankly I am getting a little worried myself so please can we stop?" I snap, Kyle says goodbye to the board and I walk over to Wren.

"How are you doing Wren?" I ask apprehensively. She is currently curled up in a ball on her bed crying. "It's all my fault." She mumbles.

"What happened to her was not your fault-"

"Yes it was. I wish I could take it back. I want her back!"

"Wren, you and I both loved her a lot. But her death was not your fault. You may have been in the car that day but that doesn't make it your fault. I know her death took a toll on you, Hell it took a toll on me but we still have each other. We have great memories of her and she wouldn't want us moping around forever. So what do you say we go into that party together and have a good time?" I question excitedly.

"He is right Wren. Clara wouldn't want you to be sad, she would want you to live the life that she couldn't. And that starts right now. So get your ass up and let's have some fun!" Piper chimes in, Wren sighs and sits up.

"If it'll get you to stop bugging me then fine I'll go, but only if Beth goes too." She looks over at Beth who nods. "Well what are we waiting for? Let's party!" Kyle says with a smile, Wren gets up and walks outside with Beth and I.

Right as we were walking in was when the explosion happened. I heard Wren coughing and immediately crawled over to her, not even caring about myself.

"Are you okay?" I ask, she groans in pain as I look around. Kyle, Beth and Piper are knocked out. "HELP!" I hear my brother scream.

"We need to help them." Wren says with a cough, I shake my head. "No, you're hurt. You need to stay."

"I let Clara die. I'm not about to do the same with Ethan." She got up and ran inside, I followed only to see my brother stuck under one of the pillars that were attached to the walls.

"He's got lacerations to the legs, the pillar is attached to a major artery. If we pull it off he might not make it." Gray says uneasily, I look back at Ethan who was crying. I couldn't move, I was in shock.

"No. There has to be another way to save him." Wren cries, Gray shakes his head. "There isn't. I don't have the tools to patch him up, and by the time we are able to get the materials he'll be dead."

"What?! You're not gonna help me?!" Ethan shouts, crying harder. Wren shakes her head and runs off crying, Gray goes running after her.

"You can't do this Nick."  Ethan shakes his head, I bend down and grab his hand. "There's no other way-"

"There's always another way!" I shake my head. "Not this time E. I'm sorry. I wish I could help you, I really do. You're suffering, I can't take that."

I pushed the pillar a few inches off, but he started bleeding more. I tried to stop the blood but it was no use. Within minutes he was dead.

"No no no. Ethan? Ethan open your eyes! Ethan!" I scream, cradling his body. This wasn't supposed to happen. This was supposed to be a fun trip.

I placed his body back down with the others and walked out with a blank look on my face. Once I noticed that Gray and Beth were mending to a deep leg wound of Wrens, I panicked.

"He's dead. They're all dead. I tried to help them but it was too late. Is Wren going to be okay?" I ask anxiously, Grayson shook his head.

"See? All you cared about was Wren while you let me die Nick-"

"What's the point of all of this anyways? To try and break me? I've done bad things in the past and I'm trying to become a better person because of it, but I can't change the past. So you wanna get angry at me then fine. At the end of the day you're just gonna have to realize that Clara is using you to get to Wren. You can't hurt me no matter how much you try." I replied with a smug smirk. He laughed and punched me right in the jaw.

"Mentally maybe not. But physically? Oh brother I can do a lot of damage." The thing that scared me most was the blood hungry look in his eyes. That was also the thing that made me realize that this wasn't my brother. It was an angry spirit that Clara conjured up.

"For he who can't move on, I really know him well. Send this version of Ethan where he belongs on his path back to hell!"

All of a sudden he bursted out into flames. "What's happening?" He screamed in pain, I chuckled. "You're going back to the hell Clara raised you from. You're not Ethan. My brother was a kind boy, and the look in your eyes says it all. You're not Ethan and you never will be."

He screamed as the fire consumed him and just like that he was gone again. I guess these were the tests that Clara was talking about because as soon as I sent him back, I was released from the chains that were restraining me.

Holy shit.

If facing our wrongs is what we have to do to survive then Wren is in trouble. I have to find her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 69.1K 45
An original and unique Paranormal Romance Mystery that will leave you on the edge of your seat and guessing until the end! When nineteen-year-old Va...
1.7K 443 51
'Our parting was like a stalemate........ Neither of us won. Yet both of us lost.' This quote best describes the life of Aurelia Parker. She has lost...
3.8K 90 70
Jade Wilson and her friends go to a normal high school and living a normal life; well except for being a part time nerd for 2-3 months of senior year...
2.8K 347 14
The dead typically want one of two things. Ghosts crave conversation. Spirits seek pain. My name is Bria, and I've been able to interact with the de...