War of Hormone | JJK

By taekookiesncream

"We're just really... close..." ~ ~ ~ Jungkook and Madeleine have been friends, in fact close friends, for a... More

About
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 32

Chapter 20

153 5 0
By taekookiesncream

Things are about to heat up... enjoy ;)

_______________________________________________________

It had been a few weeks since Taehyung's graduation and he recently just started his new job at Gucci. He and Dana went on vacation together before he started working. In fact, it was a gift from his parents, they paid for Taehyung and Dana to go to the Maldives for two weeks, which was really generous. Of course, he is very deserving. And she deserved to go with him, I'm not denying that.

However, I would love to go on an all expense paid trip with my boyfriend. Well, not with my boyfriend. I don't really want one per se, but still. That said boyfriend would also need to have a job. And Jungkook, who is the closest thing I have to a "boyfriend," still hasn't found a job. Jimin was fed up. He talked to him multiple times and even I talked to him, but it was no use. The excuse was "I'll get to it." Or if he had an interview and didn't get the job it was "I don't have enough experience," which Jimin didn't have any sympathy for because it was Jungkook's fault. I agreed with Jimin for the most part, but I also have a small amount of sympathy for Jungkook when he's denied a job for lack of experience. Yeah he's lazy, but at least he was trying.

Today felt like an especially long shift. I mean, it kind of was. I asked to pick up more shifts and work longer hours because I was going to school in two months and I wouldn't be able to work that much during the school year.

I sit down at the table in the break room with my aching feet. It sucks, but then I remember this is all for school and every ache is worth it.

One of the cooks brings me a chicken ceasar wrap and I thank him. I dig in to the wrap almost forgetting to look at my phone. I see two messages from Jungkook while I was working.

JJK: Hey when you get a second call me

JJK: It's important

I was confused and also a little nervous. What could be so important that he needs me to call him during work for? I guess I'll find out.

I click his contact to call him, still scarfing down my food.

He picks up immediately.

"Hey Maddy."

"Hey what's up?" I manage to get out with my mouth full.

"Uhhh," he breathes into the phone creating a static sound. "I don't really know how to say this..."

"Well," I start to say then swallow. "Just tell me because you're making me nervous."

"Jimin kind of kicked me out today."

I drop the half eaten wrap that was in my hand back onto the plate and put my hand over my mouth. A million thoughts are running through my mind. I want to say I saw this coming, but I didn't. I didn't think Jimin would actually kick him out. I don't blame him. Not even one bit, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this actually happened, in the little amount of break time I have right now.

"Maddy I don't know what to do. I can't go back to my parents house they'll be pissed. I promised them this would never happen, and I... I just..." I can tell he's trying not to cry and honestly it makes me kind of want to cry.

"Alright." I breathe out, rubbing my temple. "Just go to my apartment for now. I have a spare key in the backyard. It's on the very top of the door frame. You know how to get to my backyard right? You have to go around the apartments."

I hear him exhale before he speaks.

"Okay. Thank you. I'm sorry I didn't mean to spring this on you but I've been sitting at Starbucks for hours and I didn't have anywhere else to go. I was freaking out by myself."

I did feel bad for him. I felt for Jimin and I respect him for what he did, but Jungkook is still my best friend and I'm not just gonna leave him alone.

"It's okay. I have to go back to work. Just go to my place and relax, but we're gonna talk when I get home, okay?"

"Of course. Thank you again, I'll see you later."

"Okay, bye Jungkook."

"Bye Maddy."

What am I going to do? All those thoughts are still swarming in my head.

The thoughts almost overpowered my manager's voice, but of course, nothing can. Nothing could be louder than my manager screaming "get back to work!"

I sigh and try to take as many bites of my wrap as I can before he notices.

I go back to work, not really in a working mood anymore.

~

"Hey." I bend down to take my shoes off. 

I tried to get home as quick as I could.

"Hey." Jungkook looked over from the couch. "I got us dinner, if you're hungry. It's in the kitchen."

"Thank you." I smile. That was really nice of him and I was a little hungry because I didn't get to finish my food during my break. "I'm gonna change first then I'll be right out." He nods his head and I walk to my room.

I peel my work clothes off and change into a pair of short shorts and an old band tshirt.

I hurry back to the kitchen to find a bag with a wrapped up sub in it. I open it and it's a turkey sub with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, american cheese, and oil and vinegar. He knows exactly how I like my subs whenever we get them. I look in the fridge to see if he got... spotted. A small bottle of Sprite. Sprite is the only soda I drink. Content, I bring the sub and soda to the couch and sit next to him who's sitting in the corner of the couch, sitting up. I know he's upset because he never sits on the couch like that. It sounds stupid but he's always sprawled out and usually half naked whenever he's relaxing at my place.

I've known him for years and I can tell when something's wrong. He can do the same for me and not to mention, it pisses me off sometimes.

"So tell me what happened." I take a bite of my sandwich and turn to him, letting him explain his side before we say anything else.

He sighs and scratches the back of his neck.

"So basically, Jimin told me to clean up today while he was gone because Hoseok and his parents were coming over for dinner. He had to go to the office today instead of working at home. Well, I accidentally fell asleep while I was watching tv and long story short, I didn't clean up. When he came home he saw me asleep on the couch. We got into a fight and he pretty much said that if I'm just gonna sit around all day and not do anything to help him I should just leave. And he said I should leave soon because he didn't want me there when Hoseok's parents were there."

I can definitely see where Jimin's frustration came from. This was the last straw. He has had it with Jungkook and I don't blame him.

"You wake up late and still need a nap during the day?" I furrow my eyebrows and question him. It was a little ridiculous that he can sleep in until noon and still actually manage to fall asleep again shortly after.

"I didn't mean to. I was just relaxing and I really was going to do it, I swear. I just dozed off."

"You understand why he did it, though, right?"

"Well yeah. I know I'm lazy and I haven't had a job but why does it matter? They're already dating. His parents aren't gonna care what our house looks like." He mumbles the sentence and looks down, averting his gaze from mine.

I glare at him.

"That's not the point, Jungkook and you know it's not. He asked you to do something. And I'm not taking sides, but for all he does for you, that wasn't that much to ask."

"I know, but still."

"But still, what?" I felt like I was talking to a child. He doesn't get it.

"I don't know. I'm just so frustrated." He rubs his face then runs his fingers through his hair.

I put my half eaten sandwich down on the table and wipe my hands on a napkin before sliding closer to him.

"I know, come here." I put my legs up on the coffee table and guide him so that he lays down and his head is in my lap. I run my fingers through his hair. It soothes me when he plays with my hair so I do it in hopes it'll sooth him. "I know you're frustrated, Jungkook. I understand it's hard to get a job, but it has nothing to do with Hoseok and how clean the house is for his parents. In my opinion, this has been a long time coming." I say, honestly. "He's been hoping you would get a job for months. He talked to me about it a while ago, but he wasn't as frustrated as he is now."

"I feel like a piece of shit. I feel so useless. He does everything for me and I can't even get a job, let alone keep one." He hugs my thighs and he does something he rarely ever does, he starts to cry. He's not much of a crier, at all.

"You're not useless, Jungkook."

"Compared to Jimin, yeah I kind of am." He sniffles.

"Don't compare yourself to him. You are not the same person. I felt the same way you're feeling before I was accepted to University."

"You did?" I turns so he can look at me with his wet eyes.

"Yeah, I did. I didn't really talk about it, but I felt awful. Seeing people like Jimin who has a job and is excelling in his position, Dana who's in University, and Taehyung who just graduated and works for fucking Gucci. But then I realized I can't compare myself to them. Everyone is doing their own thing at their own pace."

"I guess. I just wish I can find a job so I can actually do something and not just sit around and wait for you all day. I mean, not that you're not worth it, but that's all I do." I laugh.

"I know you do. And Jimin knows that too, he said the same thing. But you're exactly right." He's finally somewhat understanding the situation now.

"I just want to feel like I'm actually doing something good. I want to help Jimin out. It's not fair. If I were my roommate I would hate me."

"He doesn't hate you, he's just had enough of this."

"I can't blame him." I cup his cheek with my hand and rub his cheek with my thumb. "How am I going to get a job?" He groans.

I think for a second, trying to collect my thoughts.

"You'll find one. Even if it's being a busboy. Just something. And... while you're looking for one, you can stay here with me."

Half of me knows this is a bad idea and the other half doesn't care and just wants to be there for him. However, both sides have a strong feeling that it's not going to end well. But it's just going to be until he gets a job and he can support himself to live on his own or move back in with Jimin. That's it. That won't be too bad, right?

He sits up from my lap and face me.

"Maddy, are you sure?" For once in his life he looks helpless. He looks completely vulnerable and I can't help but feel awful. As of a few seconds ago, he didn't really have a place to live. I still have a bad feeling, but I truly feel that he won't take this for granted. I know he's genuinely grateful.

"Yeah, of course. I mean, you're pretty much over everyday anyway. But, there will be ground rules. I'm not gonna let you live here and sit around all day while I'm at work."

"Yeah anything." He wipes his eyes, all his attention on me.

"First thing's first, you have to find a job, Jungkook. I know it's tough, trust me I know. But all I ask is that you genuinely try. Even if you get paid minimum wage."

"Okay done." I'll start looking tomorrow." I nod, putting all my faith into him that he'll actually do it.

"And I also ask that you help clean the apartment and help with the grocery shopping."

"Done and done. That's the least I can do. I'll keep up with the cleaning and I'll go shopping whenever we need to or when you ask me to."

"Okay, thank you."

"No, thank you for letting me stay here. This was so sudden and I didn't mean to do this to you and I'm so-" I stop him by cupping his cheeks with both of my hands.

"Jungkook, it's fine. I wouldn't just abandon you. Friends don't do that. I know you wouldn't do it to me. Plus, I know it just happened and it's not like you planned for this to happen. As long as you find a job, it'll be okay."

"I don't know what I would do without you." I smile and bring his face closer to kiss him.

"I'm tired, are you ready to go to bed?" I let go of his face.

"Yeah, let's go." He wipes away the residue on his face from his tears.

We both get up and I wrap up the rest of my sandwich and take it and my drink to the fridge to eat tomorrow while Jungkook turns the tv off.

"Let's go, roomie!" Jungkook says like a little kid as he takes my hand to bring me to my room, well, our room for now. I roll my eyes but can't help but giggle.

I'm hoping this decision, that I barely thought over, wasn't a mistake. He said he's going to start job searching tomorrow. And he sounds pretty serious about it. I'm hoping he'll get a job in no time and Jimin will let him move back in. That seems like the easiest and most realistic situation right now.

We're just roommates. Well, roommates who are hooking up. But that's all it is. Everything will be fine.

_________________________________________________

How is everyone enjoying the story so far? I hope people who are continuously reading it are enjoying it. I didn't wanna speed the story up too much but I also didn't want to have chapters that just drag on so I think I'm doing pretty good with that. But, I do wanna start to pick things up and get into the real drama because I have a LOT of good stuff planned. This is just the turning point and the story is gonna get even better from here. 

Any comments/criticism is always appreciated! Enjoy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 134 15
They gathered around the fire. Held eachother, trying to cherish this memory although it brought more pain than it brought happiness. Everyone was tr...
68.9K 1.5K 33
"Ok here's the deal, no string attached no commitment and.... do not fall inlove with me" I said with a straight voice, cold sweats drifting through...
17.5K 705 5
Feelings got involved and they've clearly established the whole "homo" thing... or... maybe not. Sequel to "No Homo"
8.3K 307 40
"I like you too but I still don't know what love is, I'm still figuring it out," he said while looking at the other, deeply into their eyes. "It's ok...