Toxins of Yesterday

Por JaeH475

Book 2 (book 1; Living among the undead) I gasped when his free hand grabbed my wrist and the pen fell, amber... Mais

Chapter Two- Greatest Fear
Chapter Three- There is No escape
Chapter Four- Still steps behind
Chapter Five- I will hurt you
Chapter Six- Encounter two
Chapter Seven-We aren't Freinds, We will never be Friends
Chapter Eight- Wesker had a plan
Chapter Nine- I'm still human
Chapter Ten- Small talks
Chapter Eleven- Peices of the Jig Saw puzzle
Chapter Twelve- Betrayal
Chapter Thirteen- A new prison
Chapter Fourteen- What If?
Chapter Fifteen- Tantrum
Chapter Sixteen- Places you can't see
Chapter Seventeen- You aren't making this easy
Chapter Eighteen- The Right Lead
Chapter Nineteen- A Wake up Call
Chapter Twenty- The Sea
Chapter Twenty One- The Wrong Word
Chapter Twenty Two- Under Water
Chapter Twenty Three- Left in the dark
Chapter Twenty Four- Wesker at last
Chapter Twenty Five- One Last Time
Chapter Twenty Six- Be Her Strenght
Chapter Twenty Seven- A New Start
Chapter Twenty Eight - How?
Chapter Twenty Nine- Sleep Gone Wrong
Chapter Thirty - She Knows but does not remember
Chapter Thirty One- Hot Mess
Chapter Thirty Two - Good Morning
Chapter Thirty Three- Being Paranoid
Chapter Thirty Four- Misunderstood
Chapter Thirty Five- Facing our fears
Chapter Thirty Six- Truth Revealed
Chapter Thirty Seven - Not A Dream
Chapter Thirty Eight - Shopping
Chapter Thirty Nine- Girls Night Out
Chapter Forty- Union
Chapter Forty One- Here

Chapter One- A strange place

484 20 8
Por JaeH475

Claire Redfield ☝☝☝

Claire's POV

I felt dryness in my throat as soon as I opened my eyes, blinking in the dim lighting present. The air was cold against my skin and I could barely move my fingers. Many questions flooded my mind, questions I would probably never get an answer to.

Who am I?

Where was I?

How did I get here?

The person who pushed my restart button was quite cruel because they left me not even the slightest hint as to who I was. This felt as though I was brought into this world as an adult, something that was quite impossible.

I looked around to find that I was in a room which was no different from a cell. I did not like the feeling stirring in my chest, the kind of feeling that allowed your heart to burn. I could smell the walls which were made of metal.

The door opened and a stranger appeared wearing black, he stared at me with a small smirk and my blood chilled. He was blond and based on his confident strides he was proud of whatever he was.

If I was worried about who touched my restart button there goes the bastard. The smirk was sickening yet it never left his face.

I toyed with my fingers.

At this point my mind was a blank sheet of paper and the room only grew colder by the minute. How the hell did I get here, that question would never leave me.

Shouldn't I remember how I had gotten here?

Better yet, who am I really?

I failed to remember a thing about my past and my own name was something I struggled to remember. Everyone had a past and a name right?

"What is this place?" I asked as I tried easing up only to realize that I was chained by the ankle. I blinked, what the hell?

Was I deposited to some sick cult?

"Who are you?" I asked softly, his head inclined a bit as he stared at me.

"Your worst nightmare dear heart" he told me, his accent making bitter words sound good on his tongue.

Was I bought for the purpose of human trafficking? For Pete's sake really hope that wasn't the case.

Feeling my parched throat I realized I was also wearing a choker. What had I ever done to deserve this? I tugged at the item, the blond shaking his head at me.

"Please refrain from doing that" he told me and I only tugged harder. Raw electricity filled me, my hands resting on the floor the moment that torture came to an end.

He shrugged as though what occurred was irrelevant.

Was I going to be killed for some harsh crime? Again was I kidnapped to be this place new prostitute?

Was this somebody's sick way of punishing me?

Punishment seemed like a logical explanation but punishment for what exactly? I had no memory of being a criminal so I found that quite hard to believe. To be kidnapped is a bit of a logical explanation.

"You poor girl. Everything is so strange isn't it?" The man taunted as he sat before me, crossing his legs as he placed what I'm assuming to be my meal down.

I eyed the meal, my eyes narrowing at the blond.

Whatever was on the plate looked like food you would get at the tuck shop in hell. This man spoke to me as if I was a child. Was this a prison? Again what had I done so terrible so be thrown here?

"Why can't I remember anything?! Is this some sick joke?!" the man stood at my demanding question, grabbing my throat in a vice grip.

I choked.

"Your name is Claire Redfield and that is all you need to know" he hissed as his hold on me tightened. I could no longer feel air flow to my lungs, my hands holding onto his larger ones.

He tilt his head to stare at me bitterly.

"What...What do you want from me?" I choked, my hands trying to get his from around my throat. He smiled, his eyes hidden by dark glasses.

Why was he so strong? The man held me as though I weighed nothing and he only used one hand in doing that.

"I don't want you my dear...you just got caught in the middle of a cross fire" he hissed as he released me.

I fell on my ass in a harsh manner. The sound of the chain hitting the floor filled my ear in an aggressive and painful manner.

I stared up at him, at least he gave me one answer. My name was Claire Redfield.

 Why I was brought here?

I had no idea but Claire Redfield must have done something.

He made a face, one that resembled irritation as he touched his ear. This man had a temper and I really didn't like it.

"What? I'm in the middle of something here" he hissed at whomever he was speaking to.

"I'll be there" with that simple statement he ended the call, looking at me. He smirked once more and I swallowed.

I was beginning to dislike that smile.

"Well do get comfortable Miss Redfield, you will be here for a very, very long time" he stated, leaving me to ponder on his words as soon as he left the room.

Get comfortable, I begged to differ.

*****

I didn't even realize that I had fallen asleep until the huge metallic door swung open. Five men entering, one I had met just a few hours ago but the other four were unknown to me.

Their faces were covered by a mask.

I sat up from the cold floor staring at the now empty plate next to me. I held onto the plate.

If this was the part where they would take me at once I would die trying.

"How could I fail to introduce myself Miss Redfield, I'm Albert Wesker" the man from before stated.

I blinked, him telling me his name didn't help me, it didn't tell me why I was brought here. I held my head, I was beginning to have a headache.

"Why can't I remember anything?!" I yelled, my eyes fixed to the one person in the room that had all the answers.

Answers he wouldn't give...

He simply ignored me, looking to the other four men.

"Get her cleaned up and take her to the lab. She has a tendency to make things difficult, supervise her as best as possible" he issued his demand, eyeing me before he left the room.

Lab?

What kind or sick place is this?

The chain was removed from my ankle. I stood only to have two men grab me from behind, taking me to another section of the room.

I screamed and kicked but that was rather useless. I was out numbered.

I shrugged, trying to get free from their vice grip. I was shoved to the shower section of what I could tell was the bathroom.

My clothes, that is a huge T- shirt and shorts was then torn from my body. My sneakers removed in the same manner as the pipe was turned on while I sat on my butt.

"You have fifteen minutes" one of the mask men hissed, a rag and a bar of soap thrown at me.

I blinked, standing with the soap and rag as I stared at the running water. Removing my undergarments I untied my hair, my eyes now moist.

If only I could remember how I had gotten here and why I was brought to a place like this.

"Twelve minutes" one of the men yelled from behind the closed door of the bathroom. I raised my middle finger, continuing to shower as fast and adequate as possible.

I closed my eyes, searching my void mind for at least and hint. Again, nothing.

"Ten minutes" came the 'time keepers' voice again and I gritted my teeth. Washing my face I washed the soap from my body, soaping my rag again soon after.

"Seven minutes" came the man's voice once more and I rubbed my temples. Was this a way to rid me of the sanity that I had already lost some of.

*****

I looked around as the men took me to who knows where, red and white symbol on each door I passed. I looked at one of the men walking next to me.

"Where am I?" I asked and he looked at me through his mask.

"My orders are not to tell you anything" the man replied simply but I didn't intend to give up until I got at least a hint towards answers.

Well that was a stupid response.

"Why?" I continued and the man looked at me.

"I think you are throwing the right questions at the wrong person Miss" he replied and I sighed.

This was hopeless.

As soon as we entered a room bright lighting struck my eyes. I covered my eyes because the intensity was damaging.

Well at least it could be. Wesker who was on one of the computers looked at us, giving his men a firm nod.

"I'll take it from here" he stated firmly.

The men left, closing the door behind them, leaving me to play with the monster. I looked to Wesker, his back to me yet he spoke.

"Do take a seat, the beds won't bite you dear heart" he stated and I crossed my arms.

I felt safer standing.

"Not until my questions are answered" I told him and in the blink of an eye he was before me.

"In due time your questions will be answered, at my pace" he stated and I stared up at him.

What are you?

"You don't intimidate me nor will I cooperate until my questions are answered" I hissed, him tilting his head to examine me.

He smirked, his eyes apparently scanning me, his hand finding my throat, the thumb pressing the area gently.

Wasn't bad for the first chapter right? As it regards to this book the POV will be alternative. That is, rather than focusing on Claire's POV like in the previous books you'll get some Leon pov.

Since this chapter was in Claire's pov, gear up for a Leon chapter guys.

Until then, take care my lovely readers.

Please vote and comment.

Much love, Jae😘😘😘💖💖💖

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

4.6K 89 6
Part 2 of "Someone I'll Never Forget" 6 months after his encounter with Ada, Leon has a little bit of downtime. This turns out to be a horrible mist...
3.2K 76 5
Just before the events of Resident Evil 4, Leon is about to go on his mission to save the President's daughter. He just can't get a certain someone o...
34.4K 1.1K 32
I thought I'd conquered my fears-mastered the darkness that wrapped its claws around my throat all those years ago, but here we are. Shrieks and crie...
1.6K 27 4
Book two, the first one is silent city. _________ "How the hell did you get here? Last time I saw you, you were trying to find a way out of the Nest...