Damon's Daughter//Completed |...

By hannahxjayne

Salem Salvatore the daughter of Damon Salvatore and a woman who Damon loved but didn't know she was a witch... More

Pilot
Night Of The Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
Lost Girls
You're Undead To Me
Haunted
162 Candles
Unpleasentville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes The Neighborhood
Let The Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founders Day
The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Talking With An Old Friend
By The Light Of The Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest/Living In A Flashback/Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
The Last Day
The Sacrifice
As I Lay Dying
Chapter 39
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Homecoming
The New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
Break On Through
The Murder Of One
Heart Of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Oh Well Oh Well
Growing Pains
The Memorial
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
My Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me If You Can
A View To A Kill
Down The Rabbit Hole
American Gothic
Pictures Of You
The Originals
She's Come Undone
Graduation
Original Sin
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Handle With Care
Dead Man on Campus
Death and the Maiden
Fifty Shades of Grayson
The Devil Inside
Total Eclipse of the Heart
No Exit
What Lies Beneath
Promised Land
The Other Side/Home
An Unblinking Death
A Closer Walk With Thee
The Battle of New Orleans
From A Cradle to a Grave
Rebirth
Alive and Kicking
Family Reunion
Every Mother's Son
Live and Let Die
Red Door
Wheel Inside the Wheel
Chasing The Devil's Tail
The Brothers That Care Forgot
The Map of Moments
Gonna Set Your Flag On Fire
Brotherhood of the Damned
The Devil is Damned/ I Love you, Goodbye
They All Asked For You/ Save My Soul
Exquisite Corpse
Night Has A Thousand Eyes
When The Levee Breaks
City Beneath The Sea
Fire With Fire
For The Next Millennium
You Hung The Moon
Ill See You in Hell or New Orleans/A Walk on the Wild Side
The Axeman's Letter With A Beautiful Mistake
Out Of The Easy
I'm Coming Home To A June Wedding
I Was Feeling Epic
Dead Angels In A Heart Shaped Box
A Streetcar Named Desire
An Old Friend Calls
Alone With Everybody Behind The Black Horizon
No More Heartbreak
Where Nothing Stays Buried
Give Em Hell For The Bloody Crown Kid
Gather Up The Killers
No Quarter
Haunter Of Ruins
Keepers Of The House
I hear You Knocking With A Bag Of Cobras
High Water and The Devil's Daughter
Queen Death
Phantomesque
A Spirit Here That Wont Be Broken
Voodoo Child
The Feast Of All Sinners
Where You Left Your Heart
One Wrong Turn On Bourbon
What Will I Have Left
God's Gonna Trouble The Water
The Kindness of Strangers
We Have Not Long To Love
There In The Disappearing Light
Til The Day I Die
The Tale of Two Wolves
When The Saints Go Marching In
Goodbye. 😭
Sequel!

Voodoo In My Blood

443 11 4
By hannahxjayne

"Freya actually tracked down the last piece of the hallow puzzle. It was in none other then Mystic Falls. Of course the Lockwood family had it. I was also surprised to find out that Tyler was dead. It broke my heart, but I have to keep going. Hope comes first. I have to protect my baby sister. Even if my life is on the line" I wrote in my journal. I looked up and outside the windows, as I sat in my comfortable chair in my room. "I've been hearing the ancestors in my dreams. Of course with the connection spell I put on Hope when she was a baby I can hear what the witches say as well. Alaric is supposed to be bringing the new bone, and I want to go meet him, but I have to stay here. Like I said Hope comes first."

I heard footsteps and I smiled, as I just said "Morning Hope." I closed my journal, as I turned to see Hope. She had a blank face with blue eyes. "Be careful Salem. You can't protect little Hope from everything" Hope called out in a monotone voice.

I blinked and she was gone. "HOPE" I yelled and I herd her light feet, as she climbed the stairs. "Are you okay Salem?" She asked and I just walked over and knealed down. "What have you heard from the witches?" I asked and she gave me a weird look, before asking "Are you okay Sale? You're scaring me. Do I have to call Calder?" she asked me but I just sighed. "Please. Hope just tell me please" I begged and she nodded a look of concern still flooded her face. "They said that we're connected. Mom and I." I nodded, as the words left her mouth. "Is that it?" I asked and she nodded slightly. "Alright good." I said and kissed her head. "I'm sorry I freaked out so much darling. I just.. Dozed off and had a bad daydream."

Hope shrugged but smiled. "Can we go look around New Orleans? I want to go see that record store you told me about" She asked and I smiled slightly. "Sorry love. We can't." I said and she frowned again, "But hey. After this whole Hallow business is over we can go wonder wherever you want to go. Promise" I told her and she smiled again before hugging me tightly. Wrapping her arms around my neck. I stood up wrapping my arms around her, and she squealed laughing.

"Oh. No. Falling. Over" I said and we fell on the bed. Hope's laughter echoed through out the room, and I smiled. "I thought I heard you two in here" Calder's voice called out and I smiled, as Hope let go of me. Calder came over and plopped down next to Hope making her roll towards him. Hope leaned up and turned leaning on me. "Hey love" I said and they both looked at me. "I think we shoulder get some delicious food from Rousseau's tomorrow" I said and Calder smiled. "Oh yeah. I think so to." I smiled as Hope turned back to me, but then turned back to Calder as he called out, "Hmm. I guess I can make that happen." Hope was so confused, and I just said "Just get what I get for her" Calder nodded and leaned over kissing my lips, before kissing Hope's head. "I'll be back munchkin. and then we can play that game" He said and she nodded.

Calder left the room and I turned to Hope before pulling her down next to me. She giggled as I wrapped my arms around her. "Salem?" She asked and I hmmed. "What if the Hallow can't be stopped?" she asked and I ran my fingers through her hair, before tucking some behind her ear. "Your daddy and I never met an enemy we couldn't stop. The Hallow will be stopped" I told her, and she nodded. Hope opened her mouth to speak, but I just said "I promise." Hope nodded and turned back around to lay her head on my arm.

/\\//\/\/\\//\/\

After laying there for awhile Hope fell asleep, so I left her there. I stood in the window and looked out. Suddenly a bunch of whispers came my way, and I closed my eyes. Suddenly Hope gasped, as she woke up. I opened my eyes, as she took off her bracelet. "I know where to go" she told me and ran out. "Hope! Wait for me" I called out after her, before pulling my shoes on, and running out after her.

We ran in the church and I stopped as I saw Davina standing there. "Vina" I whispered, and Hope just yelled out "No!" Everyone turned to us, as Hope continued "You promised to help, but you're not helping. You're hurting us, and I won't let you." I placed my hands on her shoulders and she held her fist out. A giant gust like wind pushed the circle of salt that enclosed Marcel and Niklaus away. Davina disappeared and Hope ran over falling into Klaus' arms. Hayley turned back at me, as I was still shocked. I just cleared my throat and crossed my arms.

Getting back to the compound I gasped, as I ran forward and jumped into Alaric's arms. "Holy. Salem!?" He called out and hugged me tighter. Pulling away he put his hands on my cheeks as he tucked hair behind my ears. "So this is where you went off to" he said and I chuckled. "It is." I shrugged.

I stood in the room with Alaric, as Hope brought some stuff in. "My dad said you study this stuff." She called out and I smiled, as Alaric said "Yeah, that's right. There are a lot of amazing things in the world to study. And some of them are even things that don't want to hurt you. And what do you have there?" Hope smiled at the things in her hands, before she placed them around the jaw bone. "These are for serenity. And this one is for stillness. They'll keep the flowers in bloom."

 Alaric was impressed, "Now, did you teach yourself all that?" He asked her, and Hope only looked at me, but then turned back to Alaric. "Well, I did read about it in one of my Aunt Freya's books. She and Salem are helping me learn, but some stuff I figured out on my own. " Alaric looked at me, but then turned back to Hope. "Mm. Well that is all very impressive." Footsteps sounded, as Hayley came up. "She's an impressive young lady." Hayley called out, and Alaric nodded slightly, "It's good meeting you, littlest Mikealson. I'll be seeing you around." I stood up and called out "I'll walk you out"

I walked Alaric to his car, after he had a conversation with Klaus. We went up to his car, he opened the door, before leaning against it. "She's very smart Salem" He spoke and I smiled. "Well I had great father figures growing up. A lot of men in my life. I knew when she was born I'd take care of her like those men all took part in taking care of me." I told him and Alaric chuckled. "Your father would be proud of you" He told me, and I bit my lip. "The last time I uh.. I saw him was the night we sent Kathrine back to hell. Did he uh.. say anything about me?" I asked.

Alaric seemed to think before he turned to the car and pulled out an envelope. "He wanted to give this to you, but couldn't bring up the courage to call you. I found it in his things" Alaric told me and I hesitated. I then took the letter from his hands to carefully like it was made of glass. "You know.. Caroline and I built a school for the magically gifted in the old boarding house. The twins are doing amazing there. If you ever feel the need to take a break from.. well all of this. You and Hope are welcome there."

Alaric then walked over and kissed my head gently. "Think about it okay?" he asked placing a hand on my arm. I nodded and he turned getting in the car. "Until I see you again Salem Mikealson" He spoke and I smiled. "Until I see you again. Alaric" I told him and he started the car. 

"Little Mikealson" I heard and turned to Niklaus. "I'll pour you a drink" he said holding his hand out. I walked over and he wrapped the arm around my shoulders.

I sat in Niklaus' study as I stared at the letter on the table. Niklaus came over handing me the glass of bourbon. "I'm going to put Hope to bed" he told me and I nodded. Klaus left me and I took a gulp of the drink, before shaking my head, as my throat burned. I cleared my throat, before leaning forward grabbing the envelope. My name was written neatly on the front. I carefully opened the envelope, as I grabbed the letter out. My father's writing was like a smack to the face, as I read it.

Salem,

I've written this letter a thousand times. Elena keeps trying to get me to send it. Except. I can't bring myself to do it. The last time I saw you, you were here to fight. We were a family. Then when you told me about Klaus and Hope I knew I had to let you go. You had someone to protect just like I did when you were born. As much as I hate Klaus I'm thankful that he took you under his wing when I couldn't be there.

He raised you to be the strong woman you are today, and I couldn't be any less proud to call you my daughter. Your mother was the love of my life, and even though I messed up some times she'd always take me back. After I learned the truth of her death it just made me question what else she hid from me. I'll be able to ask her when I see her again. I messed up in your life to at times, and I'm grateful that you took me back.

You're my daughter Salem. Even when my emotions were off Enzo helped me hide that fact that you existed. We even stayed up late drinking, as he told me about how I'd tell him stories of you in Augustine. Then would say that you're a courageous young woman he was happy to know. I know you had this distaste for Elena, but she'd never be able to replace your mother. Ever. Even after we got married she said in her vows that she could never replace your mother. I wish you could of been there Sale.

It would of been amazing to see you one last time. If you get this and I'm dead then I want you to remember our good times, and keep fighting for that little girl, but if im not dead would it kill you to come see me? I have something I know your mother would want you to have, and I wanted to give it to you for awhile. I found it after you left for New Orleans, and I didn't have time to give it to you after Stefan died.

I love you,

Damon Salvatore

Tears filled my eyes, as I put the letter back in the envelope. I sniffled and wiped my face, before drinking the rest of the drink. I set the glass on the table, and went back up to my room. I grabbed my box that held the unopen letter Klaus wrote 5 years ago, and put it in. I kissed my trembling hand and placed it on the box.

'I love you too daddy.' 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 20.9K 33
She was the angel in his nightmare, the angelic face of Klaus' one true love, ripped away from him countless of times. Now he is back in Mystic Falls...
260K 5.4K 36
Lucy Salvatore, born, raised and died in Mystic Falls 1864. She is now a vampire in present time and has to deal with the supernatural world along wi...
371 10 13
It's Elena's one year anniversary of becoming a vampire. It's meant to be a great party and a great few weeks. But when there's a psychotic doppelgan...
539K 10.9K 26
She was a trap. Lured humans in with her beauty before draining them of there blood. The world was her game. The people where simply chess pieces. A...