The Vampire and Werewolf War(...

By Writergirlsoccer

Ella is the new vampire in town. Her family has been traveling her whole life. She is now starting school in... More

Chapter 1-Ella
Chapter 2-Good News Bad News
Chapter 3-Run In With A Were
Chapter 4-Another Meeting
Chapter 5-Date
Chapter 6-Attacking and Kissing
Chapter 7-I Don't Want To Lose You
Chapter 8-Burned
Chapter 9-Date Two
Chapter 10-Stalker
Chapter 11-Falling Apart
Chapter 12-Back on Track
Chapter 13-Attack of the Rouges
Chapter 14-Amnesia
Chapter 15-Loving You
Chapter 16-We're In This Together
Chapter 17-Training
Chapter 18-Fighting Each Other
Chapter 19-Two Weeks
Chapter 20-Preparation
Chapter 22-The Sea Monster
Chapter 23-Vampire 101
Chapter 24-Confessions
Chapter 25-Truth Behind Harry
Chapter 26-Figures
Chapter 27-Nightmare
Chapter 28-Reality or Nightmare
Chapter 29-Ella's Spare Time
Chapter 30-Date Three
Chapter 31-Keep Your Eyes Open
Chapter 32-Planning
Chapter 33-Midnight
Chapter 34-The Catacombs
Chapter 35-The Inner Chamber
Chapter 36-Books
Chapter 37-We Have to Leave
Chapter 38-Two Days
Chapter 39-Their Return
Chapter 40-Brother Trouble
Chapter 41-Ella's Birthday
Chapter 42-The Dance
Chapter 43-Disasters
Chapter 44-Time To Tell
Chapter 45-The Battle Begins
Chapter 46-The Explosion
Chapter 47-They Live
Chapter 48-The Prophecy
Chapter 49-Mind Games
Chapter 50-Marking
Chapter 51-The End
Author's Note
Another Author's Note

Chapter 21-The Escape

1.2K 28 19
By Writergirlsoccer

Okay last chapter I said I was thinking of naming the chapters when I edit my books. This one will be something like The Escape or The Noise. Vote on which Tittle for the chapter you like best. Hope you like it! Vote and Comment! ~Writergirlsoccer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella's P.O.V.

I wake up early that morning. It was the morning of our escape, Dustin's and mine. I put on black jean capris. (They are actually quite easy to run in and tough to penetrate.) I also wear a dark green t-shirt with black combat boots.

I look at myself as best as I could. I could not look at a myself with a mirror, since I have no reflection. This reminds me how I shall never be normal like Bella, who dreams to be either a vampire or a werewolf. She is very lucky to be mortal. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like, to be, mortal.

 I decided that it was acceptable clothing for a survival training mission. That was the lie Dustin and I were telling. It was best to play the part out as best as we can until we meet up in the clearing. I brush my messy hair. Then another figure's presence accompanies me. It was Harry.

He takes the brush from my hand and starts brushing my hair. He use to do this when we were kids, if that's what you would call it since I was of no age of a mortal children. Harry had a little sister once. He would always brush her hair. He is older than I am. Only by a year or two. Or at least he appears that way. I'm many years older than he is. Now that he sees that Dustin and I are meant to be, that we are truly mates, he has been treating me as his friend again. I like it when he treats me like he use to. But now he treats me like a little sister.

"Heard you were going on a survival training mission." Harry says.

"Yes." I answer suspiciously.

"It's not really training, is it?" He whispers into my ear, still brushing my long dark hair.

"How did you know?" I whisper back.

"Because I know how stubborn you are." He laughs.

I turn and glare at him. But he isn't wrong. I am as stubborn as anything. He knows me very well. So he knows that the worst I might do to him, at the moment, is punch him. I turn my head back so he can continue brushing.

"I mean, I know you won't let him go so easily. You're set on keeping him alive." He whispers.

"And he's set on keeping me alive." I whisper.

"I think you met someone as stubborn as you." He laughs. I hit his hand. "He really loves you, doesn't he?" Harry asks softly.

"Yes. That's why he's set on keeping me safe. That's why we're running." I whisper.

He is now done brushing my hair. He puts it up in a pony tail for me. He helps me up.

"Can I see you off?" He asks.

"I'd rather you than anyone else. He's waiting for me in the clearing." I answer.

We walk down the stairs. I say my good-byes to my parents. Damien wasn't happy at all about me going on my own, but he still hugged me good-bye. Holly teared up and my mother nearly cried. I promised them I would return. With that, Harry and I walk the long distance to the river and a cross it to the clearing.

I look around for Dustin. He said he was here. Then Harry screamed. I turned around and saw that Dustin was tackling Harry.

Dustin's P.O.V.

I held him down, the creep. He followed Ella. I knew she said to trust him, but I didn't. The way he would look at her before, at our encounter at school. He made me sick. I didn't trust him one bit.

"Why are you here?" I growled, I was chocking him.

"Dustin stop." Yelled Ella as she pulled me off.

I looked at her. She was concerned yet confused. She gives me a 'what was that for look'. I nod towards Harry.

"He came here to see us off. It was either him or my father, who would smell your scent and kill you." She explains.

"Sorry if that is so wrong." Harry says mockingly.

I growl at him. Ella pulls me away. She looks at Harry.

"Good-bye." They say to each other. Then they hug. I am confused by this. Why would she hug him? A rage of jealousy came over me. After their good-byes Harry leaves. I turn to Ella.

"Why did you hug him?" I ask.

"Because he is my friend." She answers.

"But I thought he had a crush on you?"

"He realized that it wasn't going to happen. So now he's going back to being how he use to be, my friend." She explains.

"Oh. I was just-"

"Jealous?" She asks.

"No." I lie.

"Yes you were." She laughed.

Then I go to pick her up and spin her around. But she starts running. I chase after her. We end up in the woods when she trips. I laugh as I hold out my hand to help her up. She pulls me down with her. We start laughing. She lies down on her back looking up. I look down at her.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Taking in the scenery." She answers.

I lie down next to her. I look around too. The woods was beautiful. Every last detail. I see a red rose. I pick it up and hand it to Ella. 

"Thank you. Roses are my favorite." She says.

"I know." I say. I had seen her looking at them often.

 She blushes. Her blushing is one of the cutest things. I love it when she blushes. Her pale cheeks flood with a soft red.

She holds the rose above her. She twirled it in between her fingers. Then a piercing scream fills the woods. Ella and I spring up and she leans in towards me, clenching the rose. I put my arm around her, comforting her. We sit there for a few seconds when we hear it again. I was holding Ella in my embrace now. Her head was against my chest as I rubbed her arms reassuringly. I was just as scarred as she was. She opened her palm, which held he rose. She had imprints of the thorns on her palm. I take it and put it in her bag for her. I knew she didn't want to leave it, that it meant something to her. 

By the third scream we are able to identify a few things. One, that it is not an animal, two, it was in pain, and three, it was close.

"We have to go to it." Ella says.

"Usually, in horror movies, when they go towards the noise, one of them end up dead." I say.

"Good thing we're not in a movie then." She says starting to walk towards the noise.

"You're not going without me." I say, catching up to her and taking her hand. She looks at me solemnly. "I nearly lost you on multiple occasions. I'm not leaving you." I whisper.

She nods and we continue walking towards the noise. We walked through familiar areas. I remember them from when I was a kid. It was the familiar surroundings of my old hunting grounds. The darkest part of the woods. Where the sea monster's territory lies.

Ella's P.O.V.

The place creeped me out. I knew where we were. I wish I didn't. But we were in the darkest part of the woods. My eyes adjusted to the dark surroundings as best as they could. It was sunny just moments ago. I look around. Not a single ray of light shone through the tree tops. The trees were to close together.

Dustin pulled me close to him. "Stay close. I know these parts of the woods. I don't want you to get lost" He says.

I look up at his face. It was solemn. Just moments ago we were laughing and having fun. That all changed. Now that we're in this part of the woods. Where a werewolf once disappeared. Where an evil sea monster lurks.

Mortals wouldn't be scarred. They believe that kinds, like Dustin's and mine, don't exist. They believe we are mythical creatures. That we were part of a legend or a fairy tale were the knight kills us and saves the princess. Or that we are the villains or murderers in a horror films. That we are freaks and things from the underworld. They don't realize we live and exist. That for some, a vampire is there best friend.

I grip Dustin's hand when we hear the scream again. It is close. I then start to smell something. I cover my nose when I recognize something about the smell.

"What's wrong? What's that smell?" Asked Dustin worriedly. He can't identify it. I have been around it my whole life.

"Blood." I say.

I was scarred. What ever this thing was left a trail of blood. I knew if I breathed in to much of it's blood, I would finish whatever blood it's body still contains. Dustin can tell what I'm thinking by the scarred expression on my face. He grips my hand reassuringly.

"Be strong. Can you lead me to the source of the blood? You seem to be locked on it." He says in a serious tone.

"I have been around blood my whole life. That's why." I say.

He removes my hand from over my nose. He holds my hand in his. "Then take me towards the smell. Restrain yourself as best as you can. If it's too much, then I'll handle it. Alright?" He says reassuringly.

I nod my head in response. I take a deep breath. I took in the scent. My eyes, I knew, were now a red mixed with amber. A vampire's eyes turn red when they smell blood, dark red when they have just drank blood or are craving it, and amber as a natural color. But each vampire's natural eye color is different then others. Mine is very dark.

I let go of Dustin's hands. I then turn and start heading for the source of the scent. I was running remarkably fast without even knowing it. A wolf is soon beside me. I could tell by the scent it was Dustin. I smiled and ran ahead. He followed. He never let me out of his sight.

We soon end up at the source. It was a man, about in his twenties. He was bleeding. I turn to Dustin. I tell him to morph back. He goes behind a tree and morphs. Once he comes back, fully clothed, I notice his hair is not dark brown. It was a dark gray color, like his wolf. I then realize that his hair looked the same when I first saw him morph back. I guess when werewolves first transform back their hair is the exact same color as their wolf's. Then later it must return to the regular color.

Dustin looks at the man. He was in a pool of blood. There were arrows in his chest, arms, and legs. But I can tell that was not what cause him to be knocked out. I notice a bullet hole in his upper chest. Right over his heart. It had just missed the heart. He was still alive.

"He's still alive. Pick him up. We have to bring him to the nearest water source." I instruct Dustin.

He nods and picks up the man as best as he could. The man was growing weaker. I took a deep breath. I was looking for the familiar scent of water. I lock on it and I start leading us.

We end up by a a large pond. Dustin lowers the man into the water. I stay at a distance, since he was still seeping blood. I was surprised he was still alive. Something wasn't right about this man.

"Ella!" Yelled Dustin.

I turn and see a tentacle pulling the man down into the pond. I run over and help Dustin pull the man out. Dustin and I fall back when the tentacle finally gets the man. A deep fog rolls in. Dustin pulls me close. We both knew what was coming. Another tentacle then comes out. It grabs Dustin by the legs. Before it sucked him down into the water I pull out my pocket knife and stab it. It then grabs me. Instead of slowly dragging me into the water it raises me high in the air. It was going to slam me down against the ground. I stabbed it once more. I fell into the lake.

Dustin's P.O.V.

I heard a loud splash. Ella. She had fallen in. I dived down into the water. I see her, struggling to resurface. The tentacle kept her down. She had lost her knife. I see it on the floor of the pond. I swim towards it and stab the tentacle. It lets go and retracts to where ever it came from. I swim to Ella. Before she could resurface I pull her into my arms. I push down against the water floor, causing us to rocket to the surface. I held Ella in my arms.

"Dustin. We're in the center of the fog." Ella whispers.

"I think we are in the sea monster's territory." I whisper.

"Listen to me then." Ella says. I look straight into her eyes. "If this thing comes. Let it take me first."

"No. I'm not letting it take you." I say solemnly.

"Dustin. Vampires aren't native around here. It might not know how to kill me. But it has killed a werewolf before. It will know how to kill you." She says, tears now starting to fall from her eyes at the thought of my death.

"I'm not letting you go. What if it does know how to kill you?" I ask.

"Then I die and you live." She states.

"My life isn't worth living without you." I tell her solemnly.

She doesn't answer after this. I pull her closer in my embrace. I know how scarred she is. I know how she doesn't wish for me to die. She cares for me as I care for her. I love her, and she loves me. Then we hear something rise from out of the water. We turn towards the noise.

"The sea monster." Ella whispers in fear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shocking ending to this chapter? I was hoping for something like that. The next chapter was originally suppose to be a part of this chapter but I love suspense. So I left you guys with the suspense. I of course will know what will happen next. I hope you guys liked this chapter. Vote and Comment! ~Writergirlsoccer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 82.7K 55
Scars... Some are worn on the outside and read like a book, others are hidden on the inside, unseen but shape every fabric of our being. Alpha Chris...
202K 9K 61
Ella Reed is the daughter of the powerful, ruthless and controlling Alpha Alexander Reed - and the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree. Ella li...
254K 6.6K 36
On the surface, Katie Swan appears to be an average girl. She's pretty, athletic, and abnormally intuitive. But when her parents are suddenly murdere...
17.5K 683 28
"You'll be mine and I'll be yours." When the Cullens left a part of Willow's heart went with them. After a terrifying experience in Italy Willow find...