A Girl Who Likes Ketchup (Mic...

By Pengu_Cub

🌹It's not just one pair of friends that falls in love but most of the characters. Each one has a story to te... More

PLOT
Ketchup 미나
When a penguin meeting a cub
Moving
Why am I red?
Racing
I want to be owned
Confession at a rooftop
I like you
A date
Having fun
Y.O.L.O
Finally found you
On Rainy Days
Give me a chance
It's always been you
Caught
Look at me now
Into The New World
지워 (Erase)
Rebound
I miss you
I'm 101% sure
Feeling used
Lie Lie Lies
Double Pain
Shaking Heart
A little bit too much
Can we talk?
Oppression
Karma will get you
Cold yet caring
Forgiveness
Try to win you back
Push and Pull
Gotta be you
Fireworks
Triggered
Complicated
Dahyun's GF
Drunk girl
Watching Jeong's race
Jealousy
Waiting & Apology
Let's stop taking detours Part 1
Let's stop taking detours Part 2
Gimme gimme one more time
S.W.A.G
Epilogue

Being expressive is not tough

8.5K 348 417
By Pengu_Cub

(At a tent stall, Seoul)

Chaeyoung POV
Dahyun unnie brought me there to drink with her, I guess she got something to share with me because I know she's not the type who likes to drink.

As we sat at a table, Dahyun unnie called the ahjumma, asking for bottles of soju and some food.

"Let me pour it for you, unnie" I poured some soju onto her empty glass and she poured onto mine too.

She drank it in one shot. Wow. She must be so depressed, I guess?

"So..tell me now. Something's up?" I asked and she nodded weakly.

"Take a deep breath first..because what I'm going to tell you would be something that you might not believe..." she trailed off.

"Nah. Just continue unnie" I said, gesturing her to continue to talk. She then took a deep breath.

"I like a girl" she said.

Hell yeah. I'm not surprised at all.

"Okay. Then?" I carelessly said. Dahyun unnie looked at me, surprised.

"What? what's the problem with liking a girl? when I like a girl too" I suddenly confessed.

"Heol~ I'm shookt here" she said. I scoffed.

"So..what do you wanna tell me? I mean, don't beat around the bush. Be straight to the point" I said.

"Okay..let me.." she said and I nodded.

"You know that I haven't dated a lot of people, right? Besides, I think I can't date since I'm not good at expressing my feelings..." she drank her soju some more.

"It's understandable if people think that I'm a bit on the tiresome side? hmm maybe tiresome isn't the right word.. let's just say it might be hard for people to know what I'm feeling so I don't really know what I should do" she added.

"Well..what you're doing now is already kind of expressing, is not it?" I asked.

"Except for my close family I find it is hard to do it to someone else especially my someone"

"What's bothering you by the way? being not expressive? is that it?" I asked and she nodded.

"Hm I wouldn't say unnie is not that expressive but you're just excel at showing your feelings through simple actions that most people can't see. I mean like most people who aren't very expressive intend to show their love through the most simple acts. Well, you're just like our mom and I'm like our dad. We're completely the opposite. But hey, look at our mom and dad.. they're good together right? being the opposite completes each other.." I said.

Wow, thanks to that inspiration.

"At first I didn't know that I like her till I missed the way she texted me. I mean I like the way we talked to each other. I like the feeling how she makes me laugh, smile like shit and how she treats me even we were strangers before that.." Dahyun started to open up her feelings..

"Till one day, she suddenly approached me and she confessed to me, she told me that she likes me. And I was really startled! my gosh, only god knows how I felt that time. But then as time passed by, I then realize that I actually do love her too when she stopped searching for me. My heart hurt. I was so stupid that I didn't realize the feeling started to grow back then but I wasn't sure and when she texted me again after a while, she came and asked me if I like her and guess what? I denied it. Pabo. I know I was so stupid. So since that day, her question keeps bothering me every day, every hour, minute and second. I mean I regretted that I didn't get to tell her that time.." she let out a deep sigh.

"So did she stop asking you after that?" I asked.

"Nope. Instead, I made her a video telling her how do I feel towards her"

"A video? wow. Even I never thought of that" I said, honestly while cringing. My unnie did that? heol~

"Call me crazy but I really made a video for her. I started to realize that how can I not like her like you know.. liking a guy, she even made me feel butterflies in my stomach. Call me weird but it's true. I haven't felt that way before.. so yeah through that video, I tried my best to tell my feelings towards her.. and she likes it. She said no one had ever made a video like that to her and well I was proud too. And hell yeah that was my first time too.." Dahyun took sips of her drink again.

'I envy you unnie that you're able to do that.. look at me, being cold and stuff. Argh!' I said to myself.

"So what's your relationship with her right now?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"We're dating each other. But the thing is we fight almost everyday and it makes me crazy"

"Why?"

"Because of not being expressive.." she let out another deep sigh.

"Look. If she's frustrated because of that then she doesn't truly loves you. Because if you truly love somone, you'd understand your partner no matter what.. But then, like unnie.. I guess not everyone wants others to know what they feel. Some may want to keep things for themselves. But that doesn't mean that they don't want their partner to know or anything or perhaps they just don't want to burden their partner? something like that.. who knows? so here I guess your partner should try checking every thing you do, even if it's super small. You even made her a video. Look.. that's already impressive. I couldn't even do that. So, what I'm trying to say is that.. if you couldn't tell her directly your feelings or whatnot just do what you are comfortable at, unnie, like writing a letter or something. Basically, you're just shy.. that's why" I said, proudly.

"We fight like everyday, you know.."

"Couple fight is normal, that's how you get to love more. In this situation, I would say, it's best for her to understand you, even if it takes all of her patience. Just don't say anything that would otherwise make you regret"

"We can get through right? of course I don't want to let her go. She's my everything. I never felt like this before. She's just so special to me" she got teary-eyed.

My gosh. Why unnie is crying?

"Love is like that unnie. But I love the feeling being in love and to be loved by someone. It makes me cringe, happy, sad, hurt and all that but hey we gotta experience that so we could become mature to understand our partner and to be understood. To complete each other when one has weaknesses" I said. OMG did I just say that? daebak.

Dahyun's unnie then got some notification and her eyes widened. She showed me what was it. My eyes widened too.

"SHE SENT YOU A LONG MESSAGE?!" wow, who is this girl really? I envy my unnie now. That long message was like an essay on an A4 size paper.

Dahyun unnie nodded her head and took her time to read the long message sent by her someone. Hmm now I'm dead curious whose the girl really.

"OMG I'm crying.. this is so sweet" Dahyun unnie said. I would feel moved too if someone sent me a long message like that. Well, who wouldn't right?

"I must say, she really loves you, unnie. I mean why would a girl send a long message if she doesn't love her significant person? I envy you now. How I wish my relationship with her is like that too.." I let out a sigh.

While looking at Dahyun unnie busy reading the text, I just ate the food and just drowned in my own thought. Now that I think about it. Why am I being cold again? Gosh, did I just make a wrong decision?

"Argh I'm crying" well she really cried though so I gave her tissues.

"Try to understand each other unnie and work it out. Don't ever say something that you would regret. That's it. I'm not in the position to give you a piece of advice too because I can't even solve mine right now" Dahyun suddenly looked at me, she looked interested to know my love life.

"Now your turn" she said. I took sips of my soju in one shot.

"Before I start telling you, mind to tell me whose the girl that got your heart?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. Well, I'm dead curious.

Sadly, she shook her head insisting that she'll introduced her to me next time. Okay, so I didn't want to force her.

"Okay..to tell you about mine. I love my own housemate. She made my heart beating crazily whenever I see her. Her pretty face, her voice, her smile and her love for ketchup are just too adorable. Things were better before but now it's getting complicated.. I don't know maybe I am the one who makes things complicated"

"Why? you girls aren't together now? is that it?"

"We broke up a long time ago but now we kind of you know..I don't have to explain that. But anyway, I acted cold to her. Why? she broke my heart before because she went to someone else but now she went back to me and I was like what?"

"Really? that's so bad of her.."

"Now she looks sincere though but I just don't want her to get me easily. I want her to feel the pain that I had before.. I love her unnie. I really do. I love her so much that my heart aching when I'm not with her. And the silly part is that I acted cold to her. Now that I think about it.. should I just accept her back? cause I'm afraid she'll get bored and leave me at the end"

"If she really loves you, she will wait.. trust me" Dahyun unnie said.

"Yeah. I really hope so too"

"Just don't be cold for too long. You never know that you'll regret it one day" yeah I needed that advice.

Should I just stop being cold to her?

---- To be continued ----

Vote & Comment 🙆🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 451 29
Chou Tzuyu a fuck girl suffering from mental health problems finds herself in love with an engaged woman who ends up becoming someone shes afraid of...
Secret By Twicywp

Fanfiction

26.1K 1K 14
When Korea's Superstar meets The future CEO, the secret relationship starts.
60K 1.9K 8
A sweet fanfiction of my favorite ship Mina and Chaeyeong, also known as Michaeng! Enjoy ~
41.1K 1K 41
Found your match you both like twice Nayeon The love story begins in a chatting or dating site Sorry for the grammars and to my english guys this is...