The Forgotten Girl

By KatietheCaterpillar

Alison Parkington had lived in the orphanage her entire life. Everything was perfect besides the fact that sh... More

Chapter Two: Intensive Cleaning
Chapter three: Returning Home
Chapter four: There's always a first
Chapter Five: The Devil Wears Pink
Chapter Six: It only gets better
Chapter seven: Fighting Back
Chapter Eight: Dreams
Chapter nine: Disarming, Qudditch, and a Brawl?
Chapter Ten: A Secret Weapon
Chapter Eleven: Secrets to Keep
Chapter Twelve: Such a Merry Christmas
Chapter Thirteen: Chocolates, Stars, and Dreams
Chapter Fourteen: And The Truth Is Spilled
Chapter Fifteen: The Toad Takes Over
Chapter Sixteen: Easter Heart to Hearts
Chapter Seventeen: Unforgivable Happenings
Chapter Eighteen: And the war begins
Part Two-Chapter one: Life at the Burrow
Chapter Two: Midnight Conversation
Chapter Three: Quidditch, Birthday Cake, Letters, and Love
Chapter Four: Weasleys' Wizards Wheezes
Chapter Five: Back to Hogwarts We Go
Chapter Six: Some Gifts Aren't So Pleasant
Chapter Seven: A Fatherly Message.....Kind of?
Chapter Eight: Officially a Slugclub Member
Chapter Nine: Slugclub and Quidditch
Chapter Ten: Romance Is Thick In The Air
Chapter Eleven: Christmas With the Weasleys
Chapter Twelve: Dad, Homework, and Poison
Chapter Thirteen: The Quidditch Troll
Chapter Fourteen: Secrets Revealed
Chapter Fifteen: The Unwanted Lunch Date
Chapter Sixteen: Break Ups Are In The Air Tonight
Chapter Seventeen: The Championship
Chapter Eighteen: In The Common Room
Chapter Nineteen: Deatheaters and Werewolves
Chapter Twenty: The Beginning of the End
NOTICE

Chapter one: When It All Changes

2.5K 23 4
By KatietheCaterpillar

 October 31, 1981

It was dark and rainy out; Albus Dumbledore, a tall, peculiar man, was walking briskly up the sidewalk of a street in Little Whinging. In his arms was a bundle; slightly smaller than a loaf of bread. He approached an old orphanage. It wasn’t perhaps the nicest, but it would do. Dumbledore set the bundle on the door step, revealing the small angelic face surrounded by dark red curls.

Dumbledore smiled down at the infant and tucked a note into her bundle. His blue eyes twinkled when the baby opened her own bright green ones. “Good luck, Alison Lily.” he said as he rang the door bell and turned on the spot, disappearing. Alison closed her eyes once more.

A few moments later, a young lady with long brown hair opened the door shaking her head at whoever was calling at this hour of the night. However, she found that no one was there. She was about to shut the door when she happened to look down and notice the small infant tucked in her bundle.

The young lady bent down and picked up the baby, removing the note from her bundle. She opened it, and in thin slanted writing was a plea to care for the small child. She was named Alison Lily and had been born on September fourth; she was only a few months old. She smiled down at the now sleeping child and went into the orphanage, closing the door behind her.

*********************************************************************

Chapter one: When It All Changes

Alison stood in the middle of her room. The walls were the same color as the rest of the orphanage, white, and she hated them. They were far to plain for her. On her bed lay her fat grey cat May-Bell, she mewed softly. In her hands was a letter from her best friend, Colin Creevey. He was telling her all about his trip to America. Retelling the silly customs the Americans had. Alison laughed quietly at Colin’s excitement and set the letter on her bed. Across from her bed was another, occupied by a girl two years younger than Alison. She had long unruly red curls, much like Alison’s own. They had shared a room for quite a few years now.

Quickly, Alison answered Colin’s letter, commenting on his discoveries and adding in bits of her own boring summer. She then tied it to the owl’s leg and sent it on its way just as her roommate began to wake. What Alison hated most about sharing a room was that she had to hide who she was. Alison was a witch, and very proud to be so. She moved away from the window greeting her now fully awakened roommate, “Morning, Kelly.” She mumbled as she pulled jeans and a t-shirt out of her small dresser. Kelly began to ramble about her dream, in the distance the breakfast bell rang.

Kelly rushed out of the room calling for Alison to hurry. If they were late to a meal, they had to write lines. If they did anything wrong, they had to write lines. Alison sighed and began towards the dining hall. She had been home from Hogwarts for a fortnight, and she was ready to go back.

The dining hall was all ready full of children ranging from five to sixteen years of age. Alison took her seat just as the head, Mrs. Parker entered the room. She shot a knowing glare at Alison before sitting down at the head of the table. Alison gave her a smile and began to eat her breakfast. When they were dismissed to do chores Alison snuck out to meet with Harry.

Every day they met at the playground halfway between the orphanage and Harry’s Aunt and Uncle’s house. Usually Harry was there before her, but today he was not. Alison sunk down onto a swing and waited patiently. An hour later he still hadn’t shown. Alison stood, puzzled and headed back home. Where was Harry? If he hadn’t been able to make it because of them he would have sent Hedwig.

Back in her room an owl was sitting on her bed a newspaper clutched in its beak. Alison took the paper and paid. Sitting down she read the front page, nothing. She flipped it open, still nothing. She sighed and threw the paper from herself. Voldemort had been back for almost a month and not one mention has been made in the paper. All they do is insult Harry and Dumbledore. May-Bell jumped up into her lap, meowing at her. Alison gently pet her head. “May-Bell, this is so unlike Harry.”

There was a knock on the door. “Come in!” she called, continuing to pet her cat. Mrs. Parker quietly opened and closed the door. She looked Alison up and down before sighing to herself.  Her dark brown hair was pulled back with a clip. “Alison,” she began looking her in the eyes. Alison didn’t back down from her stern gaze. “If you continue to skip off on your chores you will be doing much more than just writing lines.” Alison nodded her head, breaking eye contact. “Are you listening?” Mrs. Parker asked, clearly annoyed, “I will not put up with this behavior. Maybe at that school you can continually disrespect adults, but here it is not acceptable-“

Alison cut her off, “I heard you, okay? I had to go see a friend, it was important. I’ll go do my chores now.” Ever since she had left to go to Hogwarts when she was eleven Mrs. Parker seemed to always find a reason to criticize it. That bothered Alison.

Mrs. Parker sighed again and opened the door, “I will see you after lunch for your lines.” And she left.

Alison stood in Mrs. Parker’s office at an old black board, she was writing lines; I will not skip my chores, until she was told to stop. Alison’s mind wandered to her last year at school. It had been a very eventful one, and not in a good way. A student had died, at the hands of Voldemort, and Alison was scared of what he would do next.

At Hogwarts she had been safe, here she was not. She remembered the feelings she had had after the third task when Dumbledore had told them what happened. She had been in denial, and then shock, and then fear. The fear won’t leave. Not seeing Harry today without an explanation increased that fear by ten.

There was a knock on the door, it opened slowly. Alison paused in her lines.

“Mrs. Parker there is a man here requesting to see you about a child.” It was one of the maids.

“Send him in.” Answered Mrs. Parker, then she turned to Alison, “You are done, let’s not be here again tomorrow.”

Alison put down the chalk and headed towards the door as the man walked in. He had long greasy black hair, and a large hooked nose. Alison looked at Severus Snape with a look of utter distaste. He looked back with loathing, and something else Alison had never seen.

“You are dismissed Alison.” Said Mrs. Parker in an impatient tone.

“It is her,” began Snape in his drawling voice, “That I am here for.”

Alison stared at the teacher she hated most in shock. Mrs. Parker looked at him in shock as well, but composed herself quickly. “Very well, sit. Both of you.”

Alison stood for a moment longer, confused of why he was here. If Dumbledore was letting her go stay somewhere else he sends Snape of all people to collect her? Mrs. Parker coughed, Alison took her seat.

“So, Mr. ahh?” began Mrs. Parker

“Snape.”

“Mr. Snape, what is it you are here for exactly?”

“I am here to bring home my daughter.” He stated simply. Another low blow to Alison, surely he was lying to make it easier to take her?

“Your daughter?” asked Mrs. Parker.

“Yes. Alison is my daughter. I have only just located her.”

He was most definitely lying. “I see. Well you can’t just take her you know, you’ll have to prove it, or at least adopt her.”

“I have her birth certificate.” He stated simply pulling out a stiff piece of paper from his black robes and handing it over.

“Hmmm, we can make this work I assume. You are Severus Snape?” she asked.

“Yes.” He answered, and Alison thought she saw his wand tip move slightly under his robe.

“Very well. Alison, go collect your things while I fill out paper work with your father.”

Alison stood dumbstruck and looked at Snape, he gave her a look that said do as you’re told or else. She left the room in a hurry. Once in the safety of her own room Alison collapsed onto her bed. She took a deep breath and looked at the white walls that suddenly didn’t seem so plain. She was leaving, and was sad about it.  

Alison began to pack what little things she had, and pulled her school trunk out from under her bed. In it was hidden all her school books as well as her wand. Twenty minutes later Kelly entered the room followed by Mrs. Parker and Snape. Alison was only half packed.

“You’re leaving?” asked Kelly running towards her. Kelly was perhaps Alison’s best friend, outside of Ginny and Colin of course. Kelly wrapped her into a hug, “I’m going to miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too.”

“Are you all packed?” asked Mrs. Parker

“Not quite.” She answered hurrying to collect the other half of her things. May-Bell came trotting up just as Alison put the last of her belongings into her trunk. She shut her cat away in her carrier and straightened up. “I’m ready.” She said. Her hand went to the locket around her neck, something she did for comfort. She had had it since forever, inside was a picture of a young boy with black hair and a young girl who looked much like herself. She had assumed they were her parents as children. Sometimes she would hope they were her long lost siblings, living with distant relatives and desperately looking for her. However, they never came.

Snape entered the room and took hold of Alison’s trunk. Mrs. Parker turned and led them out of the door and to the entry way. Finally it was Alison walking out as the other children watched, and she was still sad to be leaving, and unsure of where she was being taken.

“Good bye Mrs. Parker.” she said when they reached the door. Mrs. Parker surprised her and pulled her into a hug whispering, “I have always held you very close to my heart, be happy.” And then she was leaving, and in a cab with Severus Snape, the man she hated almost as much as Voldemort himself.

She set her jaw and stared out the window, deliberately not looking at Snape sitting only a few centimeters from her. He said something to the cab driver and handed him a couple pounds before settling back in his seat.

“So, Miss Parker,” he started, Alison could feel his cold eyes on her, “I’m sure you have questions.” She could almost hear the smirk in his voice.

“Not for you.” she answered.

“Is that anyway to address your father?”

“You are not my father.” she said through gritted teeth. “Where are you taking me?”

“I will tell you in time. We are not safe to discuss these things.”

The rest of the ride was quiet. They didn’t speak to one another until the cab came to a stop on the side of a deserted street in London. “Get out.” Was all he said to her. She climbed out of the cab clutching May-Bell’s carrier. Snape had her trunk. Once the cab had driven away Snape held out a piece of paper with familiar slanted writing on it.

‘Number twelve Grimmlaud Palace’  

“Where is this?” she asked looking up. Suddenly the building in front of her began to shift and there appeared number twelve. Snape grabbed her arm and led her quickly onto the front stoop where he knocked in a certain pattern with his wand. Alison heard the clicks of several locks.

Snape pulled open the door and not too gently pushed Alison inside with a rushed, “Don’t make any noise.” He followed her in the door, closing and relocking it before leading her down a dark hall way. The house didn’t seem to be a well kept place. It was dark and musty and looked as though it hadn’t been lived in for years. There were cob webs on the ceiling and dust covered almost everything. Was this Snape’s house? It wouldn’t surprise her too much.  

At the end of the hall way was a door behind which was a stair case. Snape lead her down into what looked to be a kitchen slash dining room. The long table had several familiar red heads seated at it along with a familiar bushy head and a disheveled black one. All with what appeared to be dinner sitting in front of them.

There came a chorus of “ALI!” from around the table. Alison smiled around at her friends. Mrs. Weasley stood and came over to her, wrapping her arms around her in a warm embrace. She stood back and looked Alison up and down, “You are much too skinny.” she declared and started to push her to the table. Snape held her back, “Dumbledore was supposed to meet us here. We need to talk before she eats.”

Mrs. Weasley gave him a look of disagreement before putting on a forced smile, “He sent an owl, and he’ll be a bit late.”

Harry spoke up from the end of the table, “Wonderful, I’ll speak with him too.”

“No Potter.” was all Snape said and another man with black hair stood from beside Harry throwing Snape a glare that could kill.

Snape continued, “He only has time for one conversation tonight.”

“Don’t you talk to him like that.” snarled the man, his eyes cold.

From behind Alison came a soft cough. The man turned in the direction of her, looking her in the face before passing his eyes to the man behind her. Albus Dumbledore stepped into the room.

“Shall we get started then? I am on a tight schedule.” He said gesturing to Alison and Snape and then leading them back into the hall and up a flight of stairs into an empty room.

“Hello, Alison. I hope your summer has been going well.” he greeted when they had all been seated.

“Hello, Professor.”

“Now, I know this came with no warning, but it needed to be done. You can no longer stay unprotected at the orphanage, you are a target, and must be protected. You will be staying with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley as you finish your school years.”

“Wait, what do you mean I’m targeted. Why?”

Dumbledore gave her a look that made her feel as though he was x-raying her. “Alison, I have kept some things from you for quite some time now.” He looked down at his folded hands, almost in shame before continuing.

“If you remember, that summer you turned eleven, you asked me about your parents. I said your father was never around. In a sense I was right, but also wrong. Your father wasn’t around because your mother didn’t allow him to be around. And after that the safest place for you was away from the wizarding world.”

“So my father has something to do with Voldemort that I’m targeted?” she guessed.

“In a sense. Your father had something to do with Voldemort. Your father brought you here tonight.”

Alison’s jaw dropped again. No. No. He wasn’t her father. He couldn’t be.

“Severus was once a death eater. He was when you were born and for that reason he wasn’t allowed to see you. Lord Voldemort knew of you and when your mother died we got to you before he could and protected you. However now he is much stronger, and will be able to find you.”

Alison was still trying to comprehend all of this. Snape her father. Snape a death eater. Voldemort after her. Why?

“Why is he after me?” she asked.

“If only I knew.” was all he said. “I must go now, I have other business. I apologize to throw this on you and run, but alas I must. Goodnight Alison.” Alison felt that he was holding back the whole truth.

And with that he left the room, left her alone with the man she despised, the man who was her father. She could feel his cold eyes on her again, and she continued to look away from him.

“You know,” he said, “You look just like your mother.” 

She turned to look at him, and saw something that almost scared her. The look on his face was almost a caring one. She shook her head, still looking at him. She noticed that his skin was pale, like her’s. She could lay in the sun for hours and it would never darken. She noticed how his nose was large, and how hers was slightly large too. She shook her head again. “No.” was all she said and she left the room without a second glance, blindly finding her way to the kitchen again, in the mean time pushing away her emotions. Thinking instead of the fun she would have with Ginny and Harry, and the twins.

Back in the kitchen Alison allowed Mrs. Weasley to sit her down and put a large helping of dinner in front of her, more food than she’s ever be able to eat. On one side of her was Ginny, and on the other was George, across from her was Harry and the man who had gotten mad at Snape. In the distance she heard a door slam and then screaming. Her old professor, Remus Lupin, ran from the room followed by Mr. Weasley. Soon the screaming stopped. 

“So Ali,”started Harry, “How was your day?” he asked smiling slightly.

Alison shot him a look of annoyance and swallowed her mouth full of food. “Well it started off with me not getting a letter from Harry to tell me he wasn’t even in town, and then it turned worse when dear old Snapey came to adopt me. So it was wonderful, how was yours?” she answered her voice full of sarcasm.

“Oh, well I defeated a couple of Dementors, and now have a hearing at the ministry. No biggie.” Alison almost spit out her food, “WHAT!?”

“Don’t worry.” was all he said, “Have you met Sirius, my godfather?” he changed the subject. Alison glared at him. “No I haven’t.” she smiled at the man next to him, “Nice to meet you.” he smiled back at her.

When she was done eating Mrs. Weasley cleared away her dishes, “I think it’s about time for bed.” She announced over her shoulder.

“Not just yet.” said Sirius looking at Harry, “I thought you’d be demanding answers about Voldemort already.”

“No!” came Mrs. Weasley’s voice, she reappeared from the sink in a furry. “You will not tell him anything! None of them will hear anything. They are all much too young!”

“Molly, he’s not your son. But feel free to tell your children to do as you please.”

“He’s too young Sirius, he isn’t James!”

Alison’s eyes flew back and forth between the two of them.

“I never said he was!”

“Molly dear, you really can’t stop him.” came Mr. Weasley’s quiet voice.

Molly shot him daggers, “Fine, the rest of you out!”

“Mum!” protested Ron, “Harry will just tell me and Hermione everything! Right?”

“Right.” declared Harry.

Mrs. Weasley looked ready to kill, “Fred, George, Ginny, Alison, bed. NOW!” 

“We’re of age!” yelled Fred and George.

She was about ready to lose it. “Alison, Ginny, out now.”

“Mum!”

“Mrs. Weasley!” Alison pleaded. She wanted to know what was going on, why Harry had been attacked, what Voldemort was doing. She wanted to fight and she most definitely did not want to be denied the chance to know it all.

“OUT!”

The two of them stood and left the room. Ginny was steaming, and Alison felt just as mad. She wanted to know it too. Mrs. Weasley trailed behind them muttering about being much too young. Ginny stomped up the stairs, and screaming came from the portraits on the walls. They went up a flight of stairs before turning into a room with three beds. Alison’s trunk and May-Bell were on the one in the middle.

“Goodnight.” said Mrs. Weasley as she turned to leave. Ginny stuck out her tongue at her back and made a rude gesture.

Alison held in her laugh and sunk onto her bed. “This is so unfair!” she said exasperated and fell back onto the blankets. “We’re only one year younger than them!”

“I know. I’ll scare Ron into telling us, don’t you worry.” said Ginny, her face twisting into an evil smile. Alison couldn’t help it; she let out a laugh at her best friend’s face. And for a moment everything seemed right, and there was no war, and they weren’t being locked up in a room because they were too young. They were simply Alison and Ginny. Ginny and Alison. But then the moment passed, because in one night, everything had changed.

___________________________________________________________________

Authour's note:

Hey guys, so I've been working on theis story for a very long time now, changing and revising it till I thought it was just right. I would really like your opinion's and comments. Tell me what you think, if you liked it, if you didn't? Tell me why? Please and thanks :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

928K 35.2K 83
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
366K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
301K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
527K 11.3K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.