Chapter Seventeen: The Championship

Over the next fortnight they had some of the best Quidditch practices the whole season. Everyone was beyond glad that McLaggen was gone, especially Alison. And it felt good to have Katie back on the pitch with them.

If anyone thought Ginny was going to be upset about her breakup they were sadly mistaken, she was in fact the life and party of the whole Quidditch team.

The last practice before their final match was perhaps the best one ever. Alison caught the quaffle that Katie passed to her and lobbed it at Ron who stopped it by the tips of his fingers.

“Hey Ali!” Ginny called from down below her. Alison turned to look at her, “Watch this!” Ginny called and did a spot on imitation of Ron jumping excitedly as the quaffle came his way. Alison laughed out loud, clutching onto her broom for support. The quaffle sped past Alison’s head and headed for Ginny. Ginny caught it and stuck her tongue out at her brother before speeding off in the other direction.

They threw the quaffle at the goals for another twenty minutes before Ginny started again. She stopped in the middle of the pitch to relive Harry screaming at McLaggen, mostly for Katie’s benefit. She set the team into another fit of laughter. By the time Harry called it quits they had worked their abs to near perfection from laughing and felt confident about winning the cup on Saturday.

Harry had decided to give them the two days before the match off, so Colin took advantage of the extra time to drill Alison and Ginny in studying.

“Gin,” Colin said calling Ginny back to earth, “Your answer?”

Ginny shrugged, “Seven.”

“You’re not even in Arithmacy! How does that make a sensible answer?” Colin asked annoyed.

Ginny shrugged again, “It’s how many times you’ve asked me that question.”

“Oh.” Colin said his face turning red and he looked down on his sheet for another question.

Alison was staring out onto the grounds, bored stiff of studying, when the portrait hole opened and Harry rushed into the common room. Alison did a double take, he was covered in blood.

“Harry?!” She called across to him.

“I don’t have time!” He called in response and rushed over to Ron on the stair case.

“I need your potions book.” Harry demanded of Ron.

“Why? “Ron asked holding out his book.

“I’ll explain later!” Harry said grabbing it and taking off.

“Harry is that blood?” Alison asked him.